Newbie needz help!

DireSloth

Hello, everyone! I'm an Exalted newbie, and by newbie I mean all my exposure to the game thus far has been reading the second ed source book cover to cover and a massive archive binge of Keychain of Creation. I've been out of the RPG loop for way too long (though my previous experience consists of all of three games of DnD, so I guess I'm a greenhorn in that respect too...), so I'll no doubt end up having a lot of questions to pester people with at some point, but the most relevant one now is...What's a good place to find a game? Finding myself a meat group looks to be a losing prospect, so I've been trying to find the best place to join a chat or play-by-post game, so I figured I'd ask the experts. Do respond soon, I want to get started as soon as possible :mrgreen:

Well, you could try the flipside of our forums at http://www.patternspider.net/pbp/. 8)

I'm pretty sure you can find someone to take you in.

Unfortunately, I'm looking for a Shadowrun game, so I'm a little screwed at the moment.

And stay away from the Infernals book until you become better acclimated to the game.

It's a mess for new players (and some of the more seasoned players).

Oh, and there's a thread around here somewhere with some seriously bent character concepts if you're in the mood for a look. :mrgreen:

Oh, nearly forgot:

Welcome to the party!

Welcome! Yes the PBP side of this site is thriving and I hope to see you around there.

Ker'ion- our pbp site isn't restricted to Exalted only, so you could try and shake up a Shadowrun game there.

Welcome! Exalted is a great game.

I'll second Kerion's suggestion of the pbp forums. If you're willing to play a bit of a different take, scroll down to Dracogryff's 'Crearth' forum.

You might also look down the page, to Crearth, and ask my wife if we've got space for another. It's two Wednesdays a month, using IRC chat. Don't know if we've got space, but, I suspect we do, so long as you'd be free and willing to give a general guarantee of being there.

Of course, it's a somewhat non-standard game, in that it's set in a world not unlike our own...well, until 5 years ago, when everything went all to hell. See, The High First Age was the history of this world, but...things went a little bit further. Determined to avoid many of the problems of the first age, the Dragonblooded and mortals involved in the Usurpation managed to create a massive geomantic ritual as a group that bound away all magic...for a time, as well as shoring up the world against the Wyld, etc. Something on the level of the Salinian working, only, perhaps somewhat more extreme. But then...something went wrong. Nuclear war happened, and in the process the surviving geomantic points and manses holding the world as it was broke and were destroyed...and Exaltation, gods and essence came back...while those lands tainted by the nuclear blasts became Wyld zones, and the lands where death flourished, or associated with such were turned into Shadowlands. Something over a year ago, the world broke, and Calibration struck for the first time in many, many millenia.

Congratulations, you're Exalted. What do you do? You've probably been Exalted a few months, to a year or so, depending of course on your own backstory. The game itself is currently set in the area of Roanoke, Virginia. Our current PCs are Captain Michael Stewart, Fire Aspect Dragonblooded, US Army Captain and Local Military Governor; Righteous Bishop of the Most High, Celestial Sorceror, Zenith Caste Exalt, Local Sheriff; Amihai Yechezqel, Doctor, Violet Bier of Sorrow student, and Twilight Caste Exalt. I'm fairly certain we have room for one or two more, so long as they would guarantee their presence, and stick to such.

magnificentmomo said:
Ker'ion- our pbp site isn't restricted to Exalted only, so you could try and shake up a Shadowrun game there.
I tried. There wasn't one.
So I went to the RPGbomb and got into a Cyberpunk game.

The midwest.

Thanks for all the replies guys, it looks like I've gotten myself a game in the PBP section. Next hurdle is, of course, generating my first character. No doubt I'll be spamming questions about that soon too...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back