• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

New Wolf in Town [Closed]

Kerishea

Read More.
It was another gorgeous evening in Lockwood Grove; the sun hanging just low enough to cast long orange shadows across lawns, playgrounds, and streets. Evening birds called to one another from around the neighbourhood as parents were all home from work, settling their children for bed. With the exception of this house, of course.

The modern two story house that sat nearly at the end of the cul de sac was empty of any adults, both being at a benefit for the university, some department fundraiser for her mother's program. Opting instead to stay home, Ria sprawled herself out on the beautiful porch swing, using her long legs to push off the railing occasionally to keep her calming back and forth movements in motion.

In her hands was not her American lit textbook though it should have been, instead she held her worn copy of Me Before You. She'd read the book more times than she'd been willing to admit but each time she read it something new emerged and stole her imagination once more.

Ria, unlike many girls at Lockwood High, didn't care to be the centre of attention or to drool at the sight of the boys she attended school with. Instead she opted to lose herself in the worlds within her novels, loving of course all of those with a rich romantic story, much like the book in her hands.

Humming quietly to herself she had practically memorized the book and barely read the words, able to jump from paragraph to paragraph, already knowing what had happened or would happen next. She did however finally lift her gaze when the deep throaty rumble of a motorcycle echoed off the houses on her street. Her eyes followed the sleek bike as it slowed before her house, pulling into the driveway next-door.

The house had been for sale for months until about a week ago when a Sold sign magically appeared and ever since, Ria had been keeping a watchful eye to see who their new neighbours would be. Their previous ones had been a sweet old couple who opted to move to Floridia instead of North Dakota and really, who could blame them.

Lowering her book only slightly she eyed the newcomer carefully, already intrigued.

The wind blowing past him. Loving the feel of freedom, there was nothing like it in the whole world to him. Liking it to running free in his form, it was the closet he could come to it. Having not able to be free of the weight of the his family. That is what he called it anyone. Taking up the mantle at the young age of 20. So much rode on him, but he couldn't take it anymore. He had to get away, to be free until they came looking for him. And they would come looking for him. That he was sure of.

Pulling into the driveway, shutting his bike off. Taking a big deep breath of air. The air in North Dakota was so clean. His father and mother would have loved this. But they had passed away 10 years ago. He missed being with them. Knowing the moment that he took his father place of the family. He knew that he would never be able to actually fill his shoes. No matter how much he tried to be like him. He just wasn't cut out to be the leader. Being to wild for one, maybe one day he would settle down. But that more then likely wouldn't happen anytime soon.

A sweet smell of sunshine and rose's hit his nose in full force. Never have smelled something like that before in his life before. Taking another deep breath taking it deep into his lungs. Opening his eyes scanning the street for where the smell was coming from. The street was silent for the most part. But next door he notices a young girl looking at him. Was she studying him? Not that he minded in the least. He was used to the stares of people that didn't know him. But that is where the smell was coming from. Nodding his head to her, his face not giving away anything.

Swinging his leg off his bike, standing up. Slipping his ball cap off his head, his head shaved very short. Almost to the point of barley any hair at all. His body running hotter then most normal people. Pulling off his shirt, rubbing the sweat that was on his face. Showing all the tattoo's that he had all over him. Throwing it on his bike, not caring really what happened to it.

Grabbing the tools from the side of his bike. Placing them on the ground. His bike needing it after the long drive that he pushed it through. Wanting to keep his bike in great shape. It used to be his father's. Having great pride in it. Sitting down on the ground he starts his work. That is when he hears the another motorcycle. Hanging his head, one of them most had followed him here. He wasn't ready to deal with them just yet. But it was bound to happen. They couldn't stay away for long.

Looking over his bike, seeing a couple of them coming down the road. Great..more then I thought.. Pushing up off the ground. Grabbing his shirt off the bike. Wiping his hands off, glancing over to the young girl. He hoped that she wouldn't look to much into this. But who knew at this point. They all pulled in and got off their bikes.

Coming over to him. They all hugged and shook his hand. Which he returned, his back stiff as they did. He never really liked to be touched. But that is the way that the family was. Showing respect, it was better than them bowing to him out here in the open. That would really draw attention to himself and the others. That was something he didn't need at this point at all.

Mortified that he'd caught her staring, Ria quickly lifted her book back up the block her face from his view but she couldn't help herself, stealing glances every now and again on either side of the pages. Casually she stretched, moving the book from her face just in time to see him peel his shirt from his damp body and toss it onto the bike.

Holy shit.

When the rumble of more bikes echoed down their street she gave up actually reading, simply holding the book open in her lap and pretending to read. A soft early summer breeze ruffled her straightened red hair, her olive eyes watching as two, three, and four bikes pulled into the drive beside him.

Were they in a gang?

She watched as each member dismounted and approached him. Ria couldn't help but notice a sense of formality about all of it; the way each interacted with him seemed so formal. Except of course for the smallest rider who, once her helmet was removed, shook her dark brown locks free, approaching him in a bold stride.

"Are you serious, Gabe?" She asked, eyes narrowed as she scanned the neighbourhood. "This shithole is where you decided to run to?" Astrid held her helmet at her hip, her long brown hair pulled over her shoulder exposing a blond chunk just above her left ear. A snarl from one of the other members made her frown, "Pack master," she grumbled.

His eyes cutting back to the girl, damn it she was watching. Like pretending to read would really help. Cutting his back to Astrid, his voice deep as it rumbles, "You dare question me! You will not do that. And keep your voice down. Do you want others to stare at us. So you better mind your tone with me." He growled out the last bit to her.

His body more rigged as she dared to question him. "Lets go into the house. We can talk there." He wanted to keep eyes what was happening right now. Making his way into the house. As the others followed, the filed into the house one after the other, all expect Astrid. Standing on the by the door as he waited. Narrowing his eyes at her. "Don't make me tell you twice!" Motion for the her to get her ass inside and now.

Walking back over to her, "Get in the house!" His voice a whisper but not losing his power. "And the next you address me as Gabe..You know what will happen. And you won't like it." His threat wouldn't fall on deaf ears. She knew better then to question or buck up against him. She had always been a pain in his ass. That was on of his reason for leaving and running here.

Walking back to the door, expecting her to follow him. Disappearing into the house, leaving the door open for her. Going and getting a beer from the fridge, passing them out to everyone. "So, why did you all follow me?" Looking over his family as they sat about the living room. "You must have had left shortly after I did. To get here so soon." Taking a long pull off his beer.

Her book back in front of her she tried to hear their conversation. Ria knew it was rude to eavesdrop but they lived in a quiet neigbhourhood; when a biker gang came to town it was a big deal.

As if she felt his eyes on her again she lowered the book, catching him glancing in her direction. Muttering a swear she kept it up, growing more and more curious about the man nextdoor.

Astros stood stubbornly at the foot of the drive, her glance had followed Gabe's to the girl next door. She looked to be reading but Astrid knew she couldn't be sure.

As he stormed toward her, Astrid felt her body unwillingly stiffen; the side effects of being near your pack master. She made no attempt at a reply before he disappeared into the house, expecting her to follow. Before she did her brown eyes locked with the olive ones of the girl next door, allowing her pupils to flash a brilliant shade of yellow before following him inside.

"We came to bring you home, pack master." Astrid closed the door far harder than she needed to.

Locking his eyes with her, "Well, you came here for nothing. I'm going to stay here for awhile, I need time away to think." Taking a pull off his beer again. "And don't slam my door again." She could be so rude sometimes. He wouldn't stand for that in his home. She knew better then to try that shit with him. "I will come back when I see fit to."

Looking to the eyes of the others. "I don't want it getting out where I am either. Each of you better not say a word." He knew the others would listen. Trusting them with the time they spent together. Crossing his arms, he pinned his glare on her. "Do you understand? Astrid, I want you to tell me that you understand that."

Waiting for her to respond to him. Even if she didn't like. Though he had a feeling that she would jump at the chance to tell on him. He would buy his time, but he could hope that she would keep her trap shut about his where about's.

Grinding her teeth her eyes flashed angrily. Gabriel wasn't half the alpha his father had been and it infuriated her at his seemingly weak nature. However, he was pack master which meant, like it or not, she was compelled to obey. "Yes pack master," she replied through clenched teeth.

Back outside Ria had closed her book and gotten out of her swing. She'd crept a little closer on her porch to try and get a better look at the bikes although they lacked any significant detail that would name them to a certain gang. North Dakaota didn't have much in the way of organized crime, or at least Lockwood Grove didn't.

Tossing the book behind her onto the swing she slipped into the house to pull on her purple, white, and black LHS (Lockwood High School) sweater and grab a bottle of water from the fridge.

What was it about the newbie that she found so interesting? Admitted the fact that he drove a motorcycle didn't hurt his cause any; she'd only ever been on her uncle's a few times before he'd sold it to move on to something else. Still, those first few rides were intoxicating.

Moving back to the porch she scooped up the book. To avoid the temptation to look into the neighboring yard, Ria stretched out onto her back, using her leg to gently rock herself to and frow.

He nods, not really believe anything that came out of her mouth. Setting down his beer on the table, "You are welcome to stay here until you able to leave. The same rules apply in my home. And you will respect them." Pushing past her as he went back outside. Trying to keep his wolf under control. But it was hard to when she pissed him off like that. Walking back outside, shutting the door behind him. Powerful strides to his bike, sitting back down on his bike. Facing the street. Trying to think of the best way to get through this. Her smell hit his nose again. Glancing over to her, he would go over and say hi. But that would bring him into his world.

The other pack members looking to her. "Why did you have to do that? Disrespecting him like that. He is the pack master. You have to obey him." They all nod when David specks up. "He won't want to come back if you do that." Shaking his head.

The other pack members speck up. "We want him back. He is good as his father, just trying to find his way in this world. Like any of us would do." None of them would know what do if they were pack master.

Joe speaks up, "We have to let him have his time, he is still young to be pack master. The youngest in history, you know that as well as the rest of us do." They were all getting onto her.

Not wanting to piss her off anymore, David says. "He will come around, and be just as good as his father maybe even better. " Gabe was one of his cloest friends. He knew him better then most.

Hearing the front door open, Ria couldn't help her curiosity as she lifted herself up onto her elbows, still gently rocking on the swing. He looked irritated. How could she tell that from this far away she wasn't really sure, it was like the air around him had shifted. She watched him for a moment longer, not even attempting to fake reading anymore. Should she go introduce herself?

Of course not, you idiot. If he is part of a biker gang do you really think that's a good idea?

With a sigh she pulled herself back to a seated position, her left knee tucked against her chest while her right foot still helped to push her gently.

"I don't give a damn," Astrid hissed. "Pack master or not he's weak and I have no time for that." Once upon a time she had Gabe had been somewhat involved. Her being twenty-one and loving every bit of her wolf blood she found it eventually too annoying to deal with his waves of morality and need to get away. It had been her who ended it.

"I'm going back. Someone needs to run things while he's off wrestling with his true nature." Pushing past the men who'd questioned her she let the front door fling open, storming down the walk. Her ripped jeans hugging her legs, black v-neck t-shirt swaying around her curves.

"Let us know when you decide to return, pack master." It damn near killed her to have to call hm that but she knew the punishment for insubordination was severe. "We'll have to plan a special hunt for that night." Helmet in her hand she swung her leg over her bike, letting it roar to life and rumble beneath her. She waited to see if the boys were going to follow suit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back