New to...everything

Inari

Ahm...Hoi, there. I'm Inari.

I'm sort of new to Exalted; I've had the first edition handbook a while and now have the second edition one, but I've never really gotten to play a game of any kind. I've always wanted to have a roleplaying group, though, and a friend directed me here. If anyone is starting a campaign that's friendly to newbies, I'd be really happy to join. Since I have almost no experience and no books focusing on the other types of Exalted, I'd be most comfortable if I could do something playing a Solar. If it makes any difference, I love the Eclipse caste, but I'll try anything if someone will give me a chance.

Here's hoping...

Welcome to our humble home of roplayistic depravity !

Look around there are always some openings for campaigns here and there, though I would strongly recommend buying the 2e book to have the base mechanics available to you, much has changed since 1e. :wink:

Is it not a trick question because there was no question mark, or even more of one? Hmm...

Anyway, um...Suppose I just relate to them best. I love heroic feats and all, but I've always felt like more of a diplomat. I try to get along with people and keep things peaceful, for what it's worth...

Hello! I was a new-guy too, a while back, and still very much am in a lot of ways. Welcome to Patternspider! I hope you decide to stay!

Solar game would be nice. Seems like just about everything currently recruiting is Abyssals, and I love my Abyssals something fierce, but got Solar character concepts to play and there don't seem to be any games conducive to any of them open right now.

I've been around a bit, but being in, like, two games total = still kinda new to this

Yup... Aby are trendy ("Ohhh, Limit Break is sooooo First Age"), but I do enjoy the classics better.

When some Solar slots come available they are usually mercilessly fought for.

non-standard setting
Not relevant to my interests. Both main character concepts rely heavily on canon. Gil's is very very heavily linked to First Age. I'll wait for something a touch closer to vanilla.

Somedaaaaay, over the rainboooooow~

Yeah, I noticed a bunch of games for Abyssalls or Lunars or Dragon-Blooded...

I'd really like if there were a classic Solar-based, in-canon sort of game to start with, but I suppose a non-standard setting might not be too difficult...If you do cook something up, Brickwall, I'd be willing to give it a try.

MorkaisChosen said:
Is this the Vision of Gold game you've got a thread up about on the ECR forum?
You bet! It'd actually be a completely mixed game (it has room for Solars, Lunars, Sidereals, DBs, Fae, and Abyssals, and possibly others if someone makes me a really good case), but that does mean Solars are totally allowed (even encouraged).

Inari said:
My first exalt was a Solar, but I've found that I think I like the Dragon-Blooded more. It's all personal preference. The heavenly registry is full up on Solars and lunars, so there is definitely some love for the glorious invincible heroes and their wondrous and fluffy mates.

Inari said:
I'd really like if there were a classic Solar-based, in-canon sort of game to start with, but I suppose a non-standard setting might not be too difficult...If you do cook something up, Brickwall, I'd be willing to give it a try.
It's kinda late (less than 42 hours left to deadline), and off-site, but you could look at this game.

EDIT: Incidentally, we do need an Eclipse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back