Status
Not open for further replies.

The Dark Wizard

🔥
Administrator
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hey All,

I just wanted to thank you for putting up with the down time we experienced this morning. We were transferring to a new extremely powerful dedicated server that we went out and purchased.

If you find any problems on the site or errors please do let us know!

Musician said:
The new server is a blessing.
PoisonousCupcake said:
Yes, agreed.
Its the most awesome, we got it during black Friday and its extremely powerful. There is an also insane amount of redundancy now so data never gets lost, etc. The site should be faster as well.

At least it is for me which seems accurate with the performance stats. Not sure if its faster for anyone else.

[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]we got it during black Friday

[/QUOTE]
I can't even put in words how much this amuses me.

And I can personally say that the moment I logged on after the maintenance, I noticed huge a difference in the site speed.

[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]Its the most awesome, we got it during black Friday and its extremely powerful. There is an also insane amount of redundancy now so data never gets lost, etc. The site should be faster as well.
At least it is for me which seems accurate with the performance stats. Not sure if its faster for anyone else.

[/QUOTE]
Yeah, it's WAY faster for me. Thank you!

[QUOTE="Izayoi Sakuya II]What is going to be like, Admin?

[/QUOTE]
I don't understand your question. Whats what going to be like?

Ah, thanks for that. Earlier, I thought my computer was broken for sure. Come to think of it, this site does seem faster for me. Thanks!

[QUOTE="Izayoi Sakuya II]Yeah, I mean it. I want to know, what is the server is going to be like?

[/QUOTE]
Like what are the specs?

[QUOTE="Izayoi Sakuya II]Of course.

[/QUOTE]
Kaine said:
So for all the dorks like me how does new server compare to the last?
CPU / Processor: Intel Xeon E3-1270v3 Quad Core CPU

Memory: 32GB Ram

First Hard Drive: 3TB 7200 RPM Enterprise Hard Drive

Second Hard Drive: 3TB 7200 RPM Enterprise Hard Drive

Third Hard Drive: 3TB 7200 RPM Enterprise Hard Drive

Fourth Hard Drive: 3TB 7200 RPM Enterprise Hard Drive

Fifth Hard Drive: 120GB Samsung or Intel SSD

Sixth Hard Drive: 120GB Samsung or Intel SSD

Bandwidth: 10TB / mo outbound -- 1,000mbit/s port (unmetered inbound)

Of course RpN isn't using all of that.

[QUOTE="The Dark Princess]What is a bandwidth limit? It keeps popping up on my screen when I press something

[/QUOTE]
That was me derping with some settings, sorry.

Carry on :P .

The server seems okay...however for me, I couldn't get onto the site for about 20 minutes because it said the bandwidth was overfull or something. I got an Error 509 on my webpage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back