new member, but long-time rper! come say hello!

rat king princess

drinking at the hound pits
i'm Silent Spring <3

cis woman, grey-ace, wlw

libra, infp, gryffindor

equestrian & hockey enthusiast

lover of all animals, especially dogs & horses

vegetarian (going vegan soon!), environmentalist, animal advocate, feminist, lgbt+ advocate

interests include:

biology, environmental science, ecology, history, literature, forensics, psychology, animal behavior, animal training

street cred:

i've been rping for at least half my life now

i also write novels, research papers, and poetry

i consider myself an advanced writer

very character-oriented (as opposed to plot-oriented, setting-oriented, etc)

i see myself as a very well-read individual with a strong vocabulary and above average grammar usage

rp specifications:

i usually only do 1x1s

i typically prefer original ideas, but open to fandoms depending

i make very detailed posts, but not necessarily long ones

i am prone to disappearing for hours/days/weeks/months for no reason

i prefer threads over pms

i will always require a writing sample before agreeing to rp

i prefer fxf but open to mxf and mxm

i prefer female characters

i will not rp anything drug or sex related

i will always require character bios before beginning

i will not ever use bb codes in posts because that crap is annoying and complicated and distracts from the content

*fandoms i am a part of*

hannibal, bones, criminal minds, star wars, star trek, marvel, warriors, mad max, htgawm, peaky blinders, all for the game, the scorpio races, the raven cycle, pushing daisies, oitnb, twin peaks, turn: washington's spies, hamilton, check please!, hotblood!, the 100

message me if:

you want to invite me to rp with you

you want to talk horses, hockey, dogs/dog sports, or any of my interests

you're interested in some of my other writing

you want book/movie/tv/music recs

you have any questions for me about what i do/am comfortable with/etc

you just think i'm a neat person & want to chat

Stuff we have in common: INFP, a love of Harry Potter (although I'm a Ravenclaw), Star Trek and animals, interest in animal behavior, biology, etc. Anyway, I'm Kestrel, but you can call me Kes for short. Welcome to the site! *tosses confetti around*

[QUOTE="Silent Spring]Hi there! So nice to meet you ^-^ Thanks for the welcome!

[/QUOTE]
Animal stuff to chat about: I used to have a Siberian Husky. We planned to breed her and have a sled dog team, but she ended up being too small to safely breed. I'm hoping to get a herding dog eventually and compete in agility and obedience.

Have you ever read 'A Dog's Way Home'? It's about this girl, Abby and her sheltie, Tam. On the way home from an agility competition, they're in a car accident and Tam gets lost. I remember liking it, but I read it a long time ago.

I've never read that, but it sounds really neat! I'll look into it, thanks!

I have a yellow lab and a black lab x border collie, and I dog sit for 3 mutts, too. I really want a herding dog for agility and obedience, too! I also love sighthounds, so I'll have to make a decision at some point, haha. I really like Canaan dogs and I also love the idea of rescuing a pariah dog/street dog from India or Africa. <3

[QUOTE="Silent Spring]I've never read that, but it sounds really neat! I'll look into it, thanks!
I have a yellow lab and a black lab x border collie, and I dog sit for 3 mutts, too. I really want a herding dog for agility and obedience, too! I also love sighthounds, so I'll have to make a decision at some point, haha. I really like Canaan dogs and I also love the idea of rescuing a pariah dog/street dog from India or Africa. <3

[/QUOTE]
The book will most likely be a really easy read, but it's still a sweet story.

My sister has a black lab. He's derpy and spazzy, but we love him. Rescue dogs are just the best.

Kestrel said:
The book will most likely be a really easy read, but it's still a sweet story.
My sister has a black lab. He's derpy and spazzy, but we love him. Rescue dogs are just the best.
Yeah, my family loves labs! I have a teacher/friend that breeds show collies, though, and I've always preferred them. I love going to shows with her to help out, she has some really cool dogs! It's a neat way to learn more about the breed and handling dogs in general, too. WAY too much grooming, though, haha!

[QUOTE="Silent Spring]Yeah, my family loves labs! I have a teacher/friend that breeds show collies, though, and I've always preferred them. I love going to shows with her to help out, she has some really cool dogs! It's a neat way to learn more about the breed and handling dogs in general, too. WAY too much grooming, though, haha!

[/QUOTE]
That sounds really fun, though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back