• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern New life awaits

Keaira

Ashley rapidly grabs everything of hers and her daughter's that she could fit in one bag. Her boyfriend had left for work, and she was tired of his abuse of her and her daughter, Lilly. After all, Lilly was only 8 and should be enjoying school, friends, and playing as a child should. Ashley was determined to get them far away, and possibly even start a new life. She put the bag over her shoulder, grabbed what little money she was saving up in a hidden jar, and grabbed Lilly. "Come on sweetheart, we are leaving."

Lilly grabbed her mom's hand, and grabbed her only prized possession, a teddy bear, and held it close. She followed her mom to the car, and got into her seat. She was scared, but glad to be with her mommy, and away from her daddy, but she didn't want to get into trouble. She didn't ask though, and started singing to the song playing on the radio.

They went to the bus station, and left out on a bus to go to a small town in Maine. They left the bus station in Atlanta, GA, so that it would be harder to tell where their destination is, if he were to get cops involved and they look at security footage. They arrived in the small town of Abbot, Maine. She found a hotel and paid for a week, until she could figure out a job and more permanent place to stay. She then took Lilly out into town, and walked around. They found a little restaurant, and went inside to grab a bite to eat. Sitting in a booth in the back corner, she orders them burgers and fries, and some drink. If she had enough money, she might even buy Lilly some ice cream since she didn't get that treat very often.

"Afternoon Sally," Jon said brightly as he entered the diner.

"Hi Jon," the old woman behind the counter beamed as Jon approached. "What can I get you?"

"Chili chicken panini sounds good," Jon replied. "Coffee too."

"Sure thing, hun. I'll bring it over to you when it's ready."

Jon nodded his thanks and went toward the back where he could enjoy some peace. He was dressed casually; a smart black sweater with jeans, both snug against his muscular frame. He was a tall man; deeply tanned with a flinty jaw. Grey hair at his temples and laughter lines on his forehead and the corner of each eye did not diminish his attractiveness but rather added to a distinguished handsomeness. On his left wrist a two tone Rolex Submariner was clasped tightly.

He seated himself at the booth at the corner, opposite a young mother and her child. He offered them a friendly smile as he checked his watch and made himself comfortable.

The server brought outo their food. "Yum, Lilly look at this good food. Do you want some ketchup for your fries?" Lilly nodded and so Ashley put a little ketchup on the plate, and they started eating. "Be careful not to mess up that pretty dress. Here put your napkin right here on your lap so you won't be tempted to wipe you hands on your dress." She stated as she fixed the napkin on Lilly's lap where Lilly was known for wiping her hands.

Lilly kept dipping fries in ketchup and took a few bites of the cheeseburger. Then she was full so pushed her plate away. She wanted ice cream though. "May I get some ice cream please mommy?" She pleaded with her mom. She hid behind her mom's arm when the manext smiled at them.

Ashley looked at her money situation and really wanted to make sure to have enough money for groceries and then if she still had enough, she would get Lilly some ice cream. "Not today sweetie. Maybe tomorrow." She had on a green dress and Lilly had on a pink flower dress. She hoped they could get more clothes soon as she only packed a week's worth for both of them. Ashley saw the handsome man sit down and smile at them. She offered a friendly smile back and rubbed Lilly's buried head. "It's ok Lilly. We are in a friendly town now."

Last edited:
When Sally brought Jon his food he asked for a bowl of chocolate ice cream. Sally raised her eyebrows in surprise, "Not often I see you eating the junk food."

"Not for me," Jon replied, giving a quick nod to the little girl and who he assumed was her mother.

Sally arrived back a couple of minutes later and set the bowl in front of the girl. "Hope you don't mind," Jon said to the Mother. "Think of it as a welcome to the town. Sorry, I couldn't help overhearing that you've just arrived."

The mother smiled at the gentleman. "Thank you, that was necessary but we appreciate it. Lilly this nice man got you ice cream, what do you say?"

Lilly hid behind her mommy and softly said, "thank you." She was shy and didn't know how she felt about the man yet. She picked up the spoon and started eating the ice cream.

"Sorry, she is a little shy. We did just arrive. Hoping to start a new life here. You wouldn't happen to know where there is a job opening would you?" Ashley knew she had to find a job quick if her and Lilly were going to find somewhere to live.

Jon ran a hand through his thick head of hair. "I know Sally is looking for someone part time," Jon said nodding to the woman behind the counter. "Not much but it's somethin He shrugged his broad shoulders, "Or are you looking for something more specific?"

She looked and spoke as if she were educated and Jon realised she might be somewhat discerning about what job she would take on. "Where'd you come from? Or maybe the better question is, how'd you end up here?"

"Right now I am okay with anything to get on my feet. It's a long story but the shirt version is we left to escape someone abusive." She didn't want to give too many details because she didn't want to be found by her boyfriend. She smiled down at Lilly then looked back up at the man. "She needed a better childhood, and I couldn't take much more either. Thank you for your help and the ice cream."

Lilly had chocolate ice cream all around her mouth and continued eating it. She was enjoying it and smiling really big. After she finishes the ice cream, she grabs a napkin and wipes her hand and face.

Ashley chuckles and looks at Lilly. "I think we need to take you to wash your hands and face silly girl. Let me go pay first and then we will find the restroom." She gets up and goes and pays for the meal and asks about the job while Lilly just sits there quietly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back