New Character

MadDogPeach

So, I recently had an amazing artist draft up a character for me and unfortunately.. I am having a really hard time creating a story/ description for what exactly she is. Looking for some ideas, maybe concepts and such.

I have decided that her legs and wings are prosthetic. Arms perhaps are prosthetic or maybe cybernetic? Not sure which I would prefer. Feel free to drop some ideas in.

Artist is Nut-case    http://www.furaffinity.net/user/redpandacase

1473652857.kitkatyoshi_11.jpg

Was she born with arms and legs at all? Perhaps some snake/eel creature that got those to fit in with another society. I ask because her center of balance looks awkward, like she's trying to fit an unnatural stance for her.

Why would she want to fit in? Was her culture conquered, or perhaps she was kidnapped/a trader/a diplomat/an artist/etc.?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well hot damn it's a small world xD  Case is awesome. 

From the elements here I would start from the theme of technology as identity. The composition embodies various levels of information organization or Epochs as Ray Kurzweil would call them. The steam represents a chaos from which the liquid tea (constant source of Bowenian motion) stands in contrast as a biological stimulus. An influence. Basic chemical structure. From here we continue through basic record keeping (Ink and paper) into bounded books. These are our methods of recording culture. A device that both preserves and changes us as we use it.

This can be seen as symbolic of her relationship with her prosthetics. They both preserve her ability to interact and change her by marking her as fundamentally different. Does she strive to fight against them? Does she seek to use them to transcend what she was? Or does she represent some form of synthesis between the two? Do the wings represent her desire or ability to rise above? Or maybe they echo the hubris of Icarus, skeletal as she leaves behind the substance of self.

Also she seems really tiny, maybe she's a gothic thumbelina! :3

I hope there is something you can use here ^^

I do apologize for that gap of time. I have typed up this tid bit below. Its a minor start to what I want to have developed. 

A small female figure, perhaps around just over a single foot tall (30cm). The first thing many notice are either her metallic fingers, pen point legs or her oddly designed wings. Although they are prosthetic, only her metallic pen like legs and fingers are truly functional. Due to her miniature size, the maintenance on her prosthetics are many years overdue. This is primarily due to the complexity of items in such a confined space. Primarily only a jeweler or someone that deals with fine crafts as a watchmaker would have the steady hands or the tools to work on such items. That being only half of the battle, the other half being the sheer factor of someone knowing the systems. Thus, if someone was handy enough and could craft new appendages or limbs, her prosthetics were fully removable despite the painful process. The limbs themselves would suffer no pain, but the break in connection during a removal would be that of her legs literally being torn off or her fingers and wings being ripped from her body. Her skin was smooth as silk in some places, but scarred as if cruel experiments were performed in other locations, such as her stomach and back. Her horns that protruded through her titanium white hair were of similar coloration to the long oddly shaped tail. The only clues of what she may actually be, perhaps a pocket sized demon.

A woman had captured her and locked her inside of a small bird style cage. From time to time, she would be operated on or simply tortured for general entertainment. At one point she had donned her own set of appendages, but her captor had decided otherwise after a deal they had agreed upon turned sour. She was experimented on from that day on, until her escape. Her wings were clipped and replaced with decorative metallic slits that truly were for decoration. On the next operation, her captor had removed her legs just above her knee and fitted her with the pen like limbs that extended past her skirt. Despite their narrow tips, learning to walk on them had come easily to her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back