• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Neo Noir Crime Story

Jabroni

This information may be considered OOC unless your characters have committed a crime. I will allow up to three (3) characters to be submitted per player. When filling out your sheet, think about how these people are going to interact within the framework. Could there be a witness to the restaurant slaying? How about accomplices? Who's really pulling the strings here? I leave a great deal of creative control in your hands.

EDIT: Added "Occupation" entry 11/16/17

Metro City Police Department
12/15/1991

[Attach Portrait/Photo Here]

Name:
Date of Birth:
Height:

Criminal Record: (Yes/No)

Notes: Can be IC or OOC information describing your character and his/her behavior.

Last edited:

12/15/1991

[article-2255948-16B89982000005DC-622_634x704.jpg ]

Name: John S. Abbey
Date of Birth: 03/03/1965
Height:6`2

Criminal Record: Larceny, Safebreaking, Soliciting.

Notes:
A common cat-burglar, John S. Abbey was caught early in his criminal career and sent to Metro City Prison for 10 years. Recently released on good behaviour, John made good use of the contacts gathered behind bars, and has taken up a job as the security in one of the underground gambling dens, as well as an enforcer and debt collector of the ********** gang that is running the show. Since he is still technically on probation, John is wary of any more daring criminal activities other than common and honest fleecing of Metro city citizens.

Last edited:

12/15/1991

dgShoFM.jpg

Name: Christopher McMahon
Date of Birth: 25/07/1956 (35 Years Old)
Height: 6ft. 1in.

Criminal Record: No

Notes:
McMahon served the MCPD as a police inspector for 12 years before allegations of bribery and corruption led to his resignation in 28 September 1989. Investigation into the matter was discontinued after the department failed to find conclusive evidence to support the allegations. To this day, McMahon maintains his innocence.

To this date, the McMahon Investigative Services has been running successfully for over a year. In this time, it has received a number of civil lawsuits from spouses alleging that McMahon committed entrapment and/or blackmail in his investigations. Thus far, all of the lawsuits have been dropped.

McMahon’s car (Black 1989 Chevrolet Camaro) was spotted outside Trattori’s on the night of the incident. McMahon confirms being present at the location on the specified date, but claims to have been there on other business. He has refused to cooperate with the precinct further. Note that McMahon has a history with the case’s lead inspector, Jack Donovan.

12/15/1991

wife_narrowweb__300x450,0.jpg

Name: Sally Salome
Date of Birth: 16/6/59
Height: 5'8"
Occupation: Defense Attorney at Salome, Priestman, and Burbank.

Notes: Sally Salome is known as "that Sally bitch" to many detectives and prosecutors of the MCPD. Rarely seen outside of a crime scene, courthouse, or police station, she's well-known for taking on cases of no-hope murderers and negotiating plea deals that usually land them with community service. She's a killer in the courtroom, and knows every bylaw and regulation like the back of her hand. She was at Trattori's on the night of the incident, claiming that she brought her father there for dinner for his birthday. Video confirms that she sat down with her father, had dinner, and left precisely thirty minutes before the incident, driving away uptown towards her father's suburban home.

Last edited:

12/15/1991

True-Detective-T2-Colin-Farrell-interpreta-a-Ray-Velcoro.jpg

Name: Jack Donovan
Date of Birth: 09/07/1950
Height: 5'10"

Criminal Record: Not found.

Notes: Detective Donovan entered the MCPD Police Academy in 1977 and worked Northside Precinct as a patrol officer for eight years. In
1983, Donovan passed the Police Investigator's Exam with flying colors, joining the newly established Special Crimes Unit.

On July 6th, 1989 he was involved in a fatal shooting on the corner of Gilmore and Centennial at the Almeda Downs project, where five people were killed, including Officers Patricia McDonald and Frank Mayhew.

Internal Affairs conducted a thorough investigation into the shooting and found multiple instances of corruption. Detective Christopher McMahon was subpeonaed for testimony along with several other members of the MCPD. Following the events, Detective Donovan was exonerated by an IA review board. He
has since begun seeing a therapist once a week and takes prescribed antidepressants.

Responding to a call on December 15th, 1991, he was assigned to the Trattori's murder case under Sergeant Robert Palladino.

12/15/1991

IMG_8385.JPG
Name: Kathleen Harper
Date of Birth: 5/16/1965
Height: 5"0'

Criminal Record: (Yes/No) No

Notes: She has been a lawyer for less than a year, graduating at twenty five.
She has only had a few cases, only for minor offenses. She is eager for a challenge.

12/15/1991

fdfb94d2b5c535f10c76c618deffae05--pix-art-illustration-girl.jpg

Name: Alexus Buchanan
Date of Birth: 12/17/1963
Height: 5'4

Criminal Record: Yes

Notes: Yeah, I was a call girl. What's it to ya? Oh what, you want me to tell you more? Fine. I've been arrested... Thrice. I got fed up the third time and decided to go for a... "Safer" job. Then the murders happened. Look, I already told ya, I haven't set foot in that hotel room in a month!" - Alexus

Warning, this character was created after 11:00PM, and may not stack up with the quality of my normal characters. It may also contain nonsensical bullshiz. You have been warned.

Last edited:

12/15/1991

a7c57e4649c660f0804a2be0f0131ee5.jpg

Name: Jessica Hawthorne
Date of Birth: 05/09/1967
Height: 5”6

Notes: “Look, I was just moving them for Jim. You know Jim, don’t you Sarge? I just wanna work but it keeps dragging me back. I’ll try harder. Honestly.”

12/15/1991

9d2bdd82febf330f45be1718d6ce1b64.jpg
Name: James Flannagan
Date of Birth: 11/20/67 (28 years old)
Height:6'3

Criminal Record: Several petty thefts in his childhood

Notes: Born in the slums, not much is known about Jack's past, save for the fact that he was an orphaned thief and that he had a older sister that he loved more than anything. She was murdered while in the presence of a mob boss by a hitman, and from that day James dedicated himself to finding her murderer. He was adopted by a police officer soon after, and joined the FBI when he was twenty three after graduating with a degree in criminal justice. He became a top agent after several cases, and has been assigned to Tratorri's murder alongside Detective Donovan. He smokes, always wears a trenchcoat, and believes Tratorri's murderer was the one who offed his sister. He refuses to use the standard issue sidearm for the agency, instead using an M1911 handgun that he adores. He was married two years ago, though his wife is back home in the South.

Last edited:

12/15/1991

7a4ac33f1715b43b491b496e5cc68a85--vans-girls-style-vans-outfit-girls.jpg

Name: Vanessa Davis
Date of Birth: 02/02/1972 (18 years)
Height: 5'4

-Theft

Notes:
"I've been living on the bare minimum, and I keep thinking to myself: 'Why not more'?"
Growing up in a house with a single mother was never easy. Momma was a prostitute, and to make money on the side pushed whatever she could get a hold of (Whatever her 'boyfriend' at the time gave her access to). Eventually, once each of her four kids were old enough (six or seven), they helped assisted in 'deliveries'. Nessa's very smart, keeps herself educated when she can, if she tried, she might be able to get a degree. The problem is, crime is a much quicker, much more exciting payoff, and the people she's been hanging out with lately have been very dangerous. It's possible she's 'in' with those committing murder. Who knows?

12/15/1991

full

Name: Elaine "Elle" Casarelli
Date of Birth: 01/23/1947
Height: 5'8

Criminal Record: Not found.

Notes: She's been running Lucky's for John Camerino, a member of the reputed ********** gang. Her position stems from a knack for picking up "strays" and having girls turn tricks on the side. After becoming a lucrative cash business, she exercises a great deal of authority within the Red Light District. Law enforcement appears to come up empty each time they investigate Casarelli for illegal activity (whether intentionally or otherwise).

Stacey Logan, one of the victims of the Trattori's murders, was a former dancer at Lucky's and had recently quit her job there.

Last edited:

12/15/1991

6fKcrVh.png

Name: Nolan Bentley
Date of Birth: 14/02/1963
Height: 5'11"

Notes:
"All due respect, gentlemen, but I'm sure you folks, of all people, know better than to ask me for my sources. I got a tip that something exciting might happen at the Trattori's that day, and I ain't never been one to leave any stone unturned. Beyond that, I'm afraid I can only tell you what I saw that night, and boy, it was not pretty.

Honestly? One bad thing I did that day was get the Alfredo. Pasta was too soggy for anyone's liking."

Nolan is a journalist for the local paper's celebrity gossip column. He can often be seen wandering around downtown, armed with a notepad and a camera.

Under the pseudonym, J. J. Spade, he is also known as the best-selling author of The Metro Tattle Tale: Behind the Bars, an investigative look into the connections between the MCPD and illicit activity within the Red Light District, and its 1989 follow-up, The Metro Tattle Tale: Cop-Out. J. J. Spade has recently announced that he is working on a third book. The details remain a secret.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back