• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Neo-London

Aris Cana & Iris Lee
Aris coughed as he pulled himself out from under the car he'd been working on, on the higher levels they may have all kinds of fancy trains but down here wheeled transport ruled supreme. He got up off the wheeled board that he had been lying on before looking over at a man leaning up against the corner, "You're coolant pipes were clogged because the air filter failed, I've fitted a new one but the rest of the coolant system was pretty bad, I imagine I'll be seeing you again soon.". The man grunted in response before pulling a small chip out of his back pocket "Thanks kid" he through the chip over to Aris, "I still don't see why you always ask for payment in that digital form, cold hard cash is normally easier for me", The man climbed into his car, "That's because no one would try and shaft you because they'd get their head smashed" Aris responded with a mirthful tilt to his voice before waving as the man backed out of the workshop. Aris walked over to the door and looked out, the smog was bad today giving everything a brown hue and the water level had risen slightly, he could see it lapping at the edges of the pathway bellow, pressing a button the large metal shutter rumbled shut sealing the garage. Walking to the back of the room Aris keyed a code into a small panel on the workbench causing a portion of the wall to swing out of the way, another code and voice identification later the trap door behind the hidden door lifted with a small protest of strained motors. Aris climbed down the ladder as all of the security sealed behind him, reaching the bottom he looked over his room, it was actually quite large, especially for london, but it looked small due to its crammed nature, there were several workbenches covered in wires, circuit boards and other paraphernalia along side the many screen on mobile arms that hung down from various points. Once his feet touched the ground the screens came to life a audio profile appearing and moving as a synthesized voice filled the room, "You know we should really move somewhere else this smog isn't good for your lungs". Aris rolled his eyes as he replied and sat down in front of one of the workbenches with a large box complete with wires pouring out of his squarly in the middle, "Really AVA I'll be fine the, cybernetics in my blood stream prevent massive decay biologically and besides this is the safest place for you and me". AVA grumbled as Aris started working on the mess of wires in front of him, occasionally taking to AVA out loud.

Aris looked up as AVA notified him that someone was moving around in the garage upstairs, checking the cameras he was happy to see Iris as she made her way through the security system and began descending the ladder. "Aris, do you mind if I crash here for a while, my housemates are having a party.". Aris looked up as she came into view "I thought that parties were your thing, normally you would love it and then come here tomorrow swearing how you would never drink again". Iris groaned and picked up a pillow of the sofa on one side throwing it at him "You're, such a smartass and at the moment it's only because my housemates have all decided that I need a boyfriend to help calm me down". Aris snorted and turned back to the box "The air outside will be cool and clear before you settle down, sure you can crash for a bit". Iris flopped onto the sofa before getting a game up on her comm-link to occupy herself.
Outrage Outrage yeezysleazy yeezysleazy

*Ring* *Ring* Gage remembers that sound being extremely annoying.
*Ring* *Ring* Gage thought to himself, "Please make it stop". The sound continued, after another 30 seconds of ringing, Gage realised it was his phone, interrupting his peaceful sleep. He turn his head towards his bedside table and picked up his phone, pressing the answer button before chucking the phone halfway across the room. "Elegy, who's this?" he asked in his half asleep voice, "It's Target, I hope you weren't sleeping just now, it's almost 2 pm". Gage sat up from his bed and leaned against the wall, "What do you need?" "You got an assignment, all of it should be on your phone as usual." "Is it urgent?" Gage asked, hoping it isn't so he can sleep for another hour. "It isn't but if you are going back to sleep, I am going to send Ice over to wake you up." "No thanks, I will have in done in the next 2 hours," he quickly responding, having vivid flashbacks of Ice axe kicking his stomach in order to wake him up. The memory alone made him feel awake like a cup of black coffee. He stood up, picked up his glasses and walked over to where the phone is, looking at his email. His mail box is filled with emails, none of which contains a title. He opens up his unread email, written inside is simply three lines, the name "Kenny Summer" as well as a location and the floor number. On the last line, "6 hours" and "B4" is written. Gage moved over to his computer, typing in the name and the location of the email. A picture of Kenny Summers appeared on the right hand side of his screen along side details of the person, where he worked, where he lived etc. Multiple pins appear on the map near the location Gage typed in and he picked out one of the locations on the map before sending all of the data to his phone.

Gage walks down into the garage, looking at two large case labelled "Coriolan" and "Pianissimo" before taking the "Pianissimo" case with him and placing on the back of the armoured jeep. He took another box underneath the table where the two cases where before placing that in the truck as well. He took out his phone and send the location to his jeep before jumping in. Knowing that no authorities will be pulling the car over, he decides to try and sleep during the journey as the garage door opens. The jeep makes it's way towards the vehicle elevator by itself while Gage is at the back end of the truck trying to get some sleep.

Last edited:
"sigh" Odin, this bar is unpopular as always. "We should advertise more! maybe fylers and handouts" Muni says throwing his hands is the air with a smile on his face. "That will never work...." Hugs says while shrugging her shoulders. *ding**ding**ding* a rundown laptop on the corner of the bar flashes with a message from a contact, wanting to sell some information. "Alright you two, go see what he wants" Odin. The twins hop off the bar stool and make their way towards to contact.

As jeep stops, Gage slowly wakes up to an abandon part of level 73. He gets off the jeep and heads towards the back. He drags the box and the case out. Strapping the case on his shoulder with the string attached and holding the case by it's handle, he heads inside of an abandon building and starts climbing the stairs. Gage had little worry over the car getting stolen as it is armed with a recognition software that make sure only Gage can drive it or Lexicon members with the appropriate ID can drive it (In Gage's case, his phone and his face is used for recognition). As he gets to the top of the building, he proceeds to move onto the west side of the building. "The weather sure is nice up here," he thought as he remembers all the smog down at the lower levels. He opens the box. Inside is a drone along with a panel for controlling the drone. He sets the drone to fly over the target location as he drops down the case and opens it. Inside, the "Pianissimo" sniper rifle lays in wait. He takes the rifle out as well as a tripod and set it up over the edge of the building. He also takes out his phone and proceeds to run an application on it. Inside the case was 3 separate magazines, all loaded with ammunition but have different coloured tip for 2 of the magazines while the last one has no colour at all. Gage takes out the one with the blue tip and and no colour magazine out and place them on the edge next to the sniper rifle. His phone made a small *Ding* sound and Gage looked over before pressing a button on the touch screen. The scope of the rifle adjust itself to the current weather and wind speed using data collected all over the city. As he looked through the scope, on the right is the screen provided by the recon drone he sent out earlier, showing clearly the target's location. The target have not yet left the building he is in so Gage waits patiently .

Last edited:
Aris looked up at one of the side screens as a red flag began flashing on the screen, Iris groaned at the light blinking noise, she may have got a few hours sleep but in her mind it was still to little. As the alert flagged up AVA's synthesised voice could be heard around the room, "Aris a Lexicon registered car was picked up on one of the upper levels, immediately followed by a diversion of standard security drones. This was detected in close proximity to one of the lotus's informants". Aris muttered a small curse under his breath before turning around, "Iris, we might need your help on this one". Iris came alert at the request and swung her legs of the sofa and stood up she began to stretch out "Ok, I assume you may need be as a distraction". Aris looked over with a slightly pained smile "Got it in one", as Iris walked over to the ladder in the corner Aris reached over to his fore-arm pulling out a cable and plugging it into the computer system in front of him before laying back and closing his eyes.

Aris looked around the virtual room he was now in taking in all the screens at once as they showed security camera feeds from around the area, the coorp dog had chosen well there were no cameras that could see him in his current location. However the recon drone currently hanging between the buildings was not so lucky. Aris grinned as he locked onto the WiFi signal and brushed aside the firewalls blocking the low level systems, such as the communication to the city grid. Immediately began feeding the drone slightly spoofed information, a slightly higher wind age, shorter range, he also made note of the lexicon ID that the drone was transmitting, it could come in handy at a later date.

Gage was on the verge of falling asleep as he spots his target walking across the bridge between two buildings two levels down. His scope flicker for a sec while his scope adjust itself further. He takes the magazine with normal rounds and load it into his gun before carefully takes aim with his rifle, while the automated adjustment on the scope does most of the work for him, he still have to predict where his target will be as he is sniping from over 1500 meters away, taking the bullet a whole second before it reaches the target.

As Gage slows his breathing, he takes the rough walking speed of his target and mentally projects an image of where his target will be one second from now. Making absolutely sure his shoot will be accurate, he puts his fingers on the trigger.

*Pew*

The gun fires, while powerful, the Pianissimo is near silent. As the bullet travels across the air, Gage watches the target carefully.

The bullet went through the plastic at the side of the bridge but it has missed it's mark, landing slightly lower and further right of the target before hitting the metal floor and going straight through it before disappearing into the lower floors.

Gage was surprised, he has not missed a shot ever since he was put onto the field. Meanwhile, the target turned around towards the where the bullet was. Seeing the hole in the floor, he immediately turn towards the plastic before noticing the other hole there, now extremely worried, he immediately starts running for it. Gage was wondering what was the problem before taking a quick look at the distance and wind data at the top left of his scope, while he had no way of verifying the wind speed, the distance was clearly wrong as he remembered the exact distance between the edge of this building and the bridge as it was shown on his computer. He quickly take aim once more, this time taking into account of how the bullet was slight lower and towards the right last time as well as aiming at the target's body mass instead of his head this time, thinking to himself," If I can't kill you, I am at least taking an arm."

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back