• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

One x One Neffy's Sample Notebook

What are your thoughts of these samples ?

• They're pretty good, but i feel somethings missing

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • They definitely need some work

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • There needs to be more variety

• They're awesome and I look forward to writing together

• They bore me and you need to mix in some more exciting ones

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I've got nothing to comment but thanks for sharing them

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Necrefiri

The Ashen One
writing_animation_by_visual_hoshi-d6yvfqc.gif
Hello there and welcome,
I've put this thread together so I can provide people with better samples of my writing.
In the posts ill give some context to the RP it's from and a little background as possible.
They are not in chronological order.
No worries if you don't see something you like and we don't end up meshing.
While it's disappointing to miss out on a roleplay I've also done my fair share of having to admit I don't think I'd click with someone.
In case we don't exchange another message after samples are shared Best of Luck to you !

P.S. My main characters tend to more frequently be Heterosexual Female characters, but the supporting casts i bring to roleplays have more variety.

Now then, feel free to enjoy your snooping

Last edited:
Sample 1
Alright Sample 1 is from a historical themed roleplay in which a queen from a nation that is similar to the wild Vikings is now in charge of a more civil english kingdom due to her husband expiring before there is an heir.
This Roleplay is from a search focused on strong female characters.
This is a Starter post in which the time for mourning is ending and the king has been dead for a little while.

84898378bb9322a92fee84119f65a1694925007a.gifv
Queen Brenna of Wessex
Daughter of King Holdoren of Gaulia

The Queen was done mourning. Though in reality she wasn't sure shed said much beyond curses toward the man since he had left the world. Everyone at court believed her to be angry with the harlots who had gotten the king killed. After all the death of the king dropped the weight of an entire kingdom upon her. But in reality the woman was grateful to them. Few knew just how much of a brute the king was within his private chambers. Brenna knew if her family did they'd reignite the war her marriage had ended. They had already felt as though the king was beneath her. She could still remember the comments of her younger brother. How hard they felt it was to watch one so close to the gods bowing to a boar. Brenna insisted it would not be forever , as a boar lived only till its slaughter where as a demi God was immortal. She hadn't known then that it was its own version of a prophecy. Hopefully what she had wished for wasn't something she would regret now.

She felt the usual tugging and pulling as the ladies in waiting strapped her into a gown. The first one which wasn't completely black in an entire month. Also the first which didn't seem to cling go her neck and cover every inch of her. The late king had begun to dress her as a nun the minute she arrived. The reasoning for this could have been a number of things, she liked to believe it was because it made her appear more Christian but a larger part of her thought it was to ensure she would lack appeal to the men of the court and thus have less inclination to start an affair of her own. At this time the reason mattered little as she could now decide her own clothes and had chosen something with a more open neck line that felt less restrictive though it was still a far cry from the clothes she wore in her home kingdom of gaulia.

With an orange Gown she was on her way down the hall. Midway she was met with the general. Though they had been close in the encampment she had told the man to keep a safe distance at court unless there were many witnesses. She did not want rumors beginning about the nature of their relationship. " There are many waiting in the grand hall to speak with you. The nature of their needs are varied. But in case things should get out of hand I have doubled the guard and some of your men are present as well." He explained. She softly shook her head. " Next time please be sure to ask me first. Increasing the amount of men I have close to me makes it appear as though I am expecting trouble and in the eyes of some it also means that I am admitting to doing something wrong. When we arrive please remove the excess of of guard. We will treat today as one that is normal ." She requested. " I'm well aware it isn't. Its either the beginning or the end and that all depends on how well we play the cards." She had nothing further to say as the dual doors of the grand ball room were opened. Having been given his orders the general began to tell some guards other duties they had now been assigned. He didn't agree with the queens decision but he wouldn't argue with her now considering there was enough tension in the room.

As she made her way toward the throne she was stopped numerous times. Some questioned how she felt now having recovered from the battle. Others asked how she intended to help them with their needs. More wanted to know what she intended to change now that she had come into power. She imagined she wouldn't reach the throne until the sun had fallen and the moon had risen. At this rate she believed in the worst of cases it would take a week to hear all the requests and a month to address them. Brenna intended to rise to any challenge but that didn't mean she enjoyed ones of political nature. They were particularly complex and slow moving when it came to a resolution. Something she wasn't keen on considering that time was of the essence when a war was waging. Yet it was hard to create progression when she was forced to address most issues alone. There were few she could trust and even fewer she could rely on to do what was needed the right way. The General for example could be trusted but he lacked a bit of dexterity needed to navigate the court smoothly. Brenna had some ideas herself but felt she would soon be in dire need of a truly skilled advisor here in Wessex. "though they call themselves civil , they hardly ever behave as such." she said to herself under her breathe in a moment between conversations.

Sample 2
Next up Sample 2 is from fandom roleplay of the series psycho - pass. For those who haven't seen the series, imagine a world where a computer scans your inner most thoughts and mental make up to determine if you have the potential to be a criminal. If that chance is too high you're captured by the police and offered, therapy, imprisonment or exterminated on the spot. The character below went the therapy route and became involved with their therapist just to have to kill an irate patient of their therapist which landed them in the fourth and final situation of being a hunting dog for the police agency. The characters are meeting for the first time since everything went upside down.

blue-jpg.803093

Yura Wataru
Yua had quite the life behind her. For a little moment in time she'd thought to have turned things around. But then fate crawled out of its cave once more just to ensure she didn't continue laying bricks for the path she desired and rather was forced back onto the one it had chosen for her. That night her mind wasn't with herself, rather it was sympathetic to the man who'd believed he could save her. They'd grown close and arriving that evening there was a part of the young woman that thought their relationship was stepping onto a new stage beyond patient and doctor. In the end her evening was filled with more than one disappointment. Having the quiet time to herself in that white cell had some merits. Yua however did believe the rooms themselves could use a certain shift. The white walls and glass window made those inside feel like vicious reptiles on display. She was unsure how being made to feel like a beast was a manner in which to rehabilitate someone. The realization that the place she now called home was meant to be a permanent arrangement set in two months into her stay. Her acceptance of her fate followed a month after. Bitter feelings toward Alex weren't planted until the young woman was informed that she'd been entered into the program for hunting dogs. At first she considered refusing. Feeling that the man had meddled enough in her life when he inspired her to hope for a better future when anyone so deeply engrained in the system knew well there was no fighting against it. Even so the woman believed that this was an effort to lift the weight her demise had taken upon his conscience, and in reality he had attempted to help her and this was the way she intended to help him remove himself from her life in its entirety. Yua had also given in to fate, and if fate would wish for her to become the hunter then she would answer by picking up the spear. Neither Alex nore anyone else from the past would be involved from this point on. She'd form her new identity and forget all about that man. The man she now believed used her as a guinea pig to heighten his own grasp of the system.

Today, she had become a part of the pack and was more sure than she believed she ever was in her place in this Sybil ruled world. Being in the field for the PSB helped her realized she'd been wrong about her role in the past. She wasn't meant to be the victim or the aggressor she was meant to be the sacrificial guardian who protected the truly innocent and slayed the irredeemable wicked. Yua has power now, the power to influence the game of life and death for those within her city. It wasn't a duty she'd hoped to receive, but it was one she realized she was destined for and so she would bend to Sybils whims and do its bidding until the day the hunting dog was put down by the prey it hunted. To many it was a grim future. But she would assure them the future of being a caged reptile in the prison rehabilitation system was far worse. There was nothing in those glass boxes to keep ones spirit satisfied. Most also lacked any connection to the outside as families often gave up any attempts of communication was the letters were blocked due to choice of language or content.

Here in the den she wasn't alone. Those she worked with weren't all like minded. But their collars fit around their necks the same way. Thus a kinship seemed to form among them rather quickly when they were all tossed into the program together. Not everyone she met passed, their exits were far more notable than their entries as some of the toughest were nearly in shambles begging to be given another chance. They would never receive them. There was one way out and nearly a hundred back in. They all grazed the instructors but never fully pushed back for fear of returning to the glass boxes they'd loved to hate.

In the end the team of four was selected and Yua found herself all too relieved she'd been one of them. Initially she'd told herself she could care less whether or not Alex's efforts paid off. Yet after sometime she'd begun to realize some of the simpler parts of life she'd missed. The air that didn't smell faintly of chemicals each day from the filtration system. The warmth of the sun which was like a warm embrace from a friend that she hadn't felt in ages. The sounds of voices beside her own, the care takers at the facility were masters of silence. All simple things she knew clear ones took for granted nearly every day.

Monday - 11 A.M. - Yua's Room

" So today the balance shifts again. I wonder how long it will be before all the lines re align again." The team had managed alright so far. Though in reality none of the dogs were all too fond of their master. They understood their subordinate positions but felt that even so they still deserved a certain measure of respect. Respect for being willing to risk their lives for someone who saw them as nothing beyond a shield. Respect for facing fears most would cower from. Respect for their willingness to be leashed by someone nearly all of them felt to be their inferior. They received none and so it had been a rocky beginning to the formation of the team. Yua had become further determined the longer she remained among the team and thus she couldn't be idle watching it tug at seams which had already reached their limit. She knew she'd never convince Resei , Kudon, and Hanji to fully support the woman holding their leashes, However, she believed there was potential for her to get them to ignore her and focus simply on aiding one another toward their join goal. Even if the three men had all wound up with a dark green hue for different reasons they'd all found a motivation to leave the place the government called a treatment center. Which was all she needed to keep them from throwing away the chance they'd worked so hard to receive. Resei was the one she'd become closest with, but in reality Kudon and Hanji weren't too far behind. The distance between her and Hanji was self inflicted by the man. He was silent when in the presence of their master and used a minimal amount of nods and gestures to communicate, to where some other teams who passed them in the halls believed him to be a mute. In contrast Kudon could never cease talking once he started. The man was a peacock who'd just gotten a little too upset when someone took his spot light which was what landed him in the PSBs care. Resei's story was one she could relate to and thus the two had formed a friendship quickly whilst helping one another combat the preconceived notions about each other. He was a gentle giant until the constant force from those around him made him turn into the frustrated titan who had too much power and no longer tried to manage it through his own will. Yua herself was the opposite, petite and often assumed to be weak and unremarkable. She'd harshly proved otherwise when face with a threat that evening right alongside Alex. She'd heard some snippets of the news articles produced shortly there after while sitting in a holding cell. They'd all been shocked and praised Sybil as no normal human would ever have thought such a little lady could cause such a big bang without so much as a flinch.

" Good Morning kitty cat are you sharpening those claws for the mission later today ?" she heard come from behind her as she stood in front of the mirror braiding her hair. " Not at all, there's no need to sharpen something when it never dulls." she responded with a wink to follow. "I heard that we are also receiving a new enforcer. I suppose that means a certain someone finally feels confident that we've been tamed." she said before taking the tie from her wrist and applying it to the woven gold so it all rested over her shoulder. " I'd argue you've done more of the taming than she has. But they never really ask me or any of us so she'll get all the credit." Resei said joining the two of them with Hanji lurking just behind the giant, forever the quiet shadow. Hanji offered little beyond a shrug. " Well maybe then we would get someone who remembers that even though we use pet names we're still human beings." Kudon said referring to more than his kitten references toward Yua. " I think she'll have to do a little more dirty work here before she gets her "red carpet exit. So you'll just have to get used to it or use it as inspiration to work on your acting." she suggested before dusting off her jacket once more. Without any further words the four of them began making their way down the hall toward the office. Even beyond engagements with criminals they'd habitually move as a pack. They'd been removed from society and so it was only natural they formed their own small community. This of course however meant that new entrants were likely to struggle when breaking down the invisible barrier.

Yua was first into the office and abruptly issued a full stop which had caught everyone off guard. She stood still and stared at the new inspector as the veteran offered an introduction. The words weren't heard and she felt a tension forming at the tips of her fingers as they curled in tightly to form a fist. She'd thought to have escaped her past and yet here he was prepared to unsettle her life again. Her expression remained blank but she began to move forward again unclenching her first. Step by step she neared the new inspector who'd stood for the introductions of the team. " . . . and this is code name Icarus, but she prefers to be called by her name of Yua outside of missions. I will leave it to your discretion." this has given her an opening. An open palmed hand was extended to the man . The second her reached out to accept the veil was dropped and the greeting hand was one enflamed with aggression it rose up and delivered a fully force slap to the mans right cheek. " HOW DARE YOU !" she'd delivered a physical blow and the verbal onslaught was to be expected and even so everyone else within the room was shocked. " You have no right to do this to me. You've done enough, you've taken enough. You were supposed to get out and leave me alone !" she now pushed the man back. "You don't belong here !" she placed her hands upon his chest again and shoved harder this time. " My life isn't a toy for you to play with..." seeing the raw outburst from the usually calm woman Resei began creeping up behind intending to save her from herself already having noticed that she was moments away from behind stunned into submission. " This isn't a game to me, but if it is to you and you refuse to stop playing unless you're taken out of it , then i'll Ki . . . ." before she could finish a large hand had deposited itself over her lips while an arm wrapped itself around her. The hand was firm but the arms were gentle with no intent to harm as she was pulled away from Alex. Resei could see that the vibrant exchange had only scratched the surface , he wanted to know more, however allowing it to continue only endangered his comrade and thus he'd quell his curiosity until a later time.

Kudon whose mouth was agape finally sealed and migrated into trying to minimize the consequences he knew awaited the cherub gone Satanist being embraced by resei. " I'm so sorry inspector . . . . White was it ?" he said slowly coming closer. " This little kitty cat woke up with a temper this morning. Would not stop ranting and raving about how annoyed she was that the perp for tonight got away last time." he said attempting to spin a story that would become a smoke screen. " You know we hunters have tempers and even though good ole sybil tries to soothe are rage sometimes the systems just not a winner and so little outbursts like this happen. So please be forgiving of the little lady. She was seeing red and just decided to take it out on you. Better now than later one the mission right ?" he said before glancing to Yua whose eyes were still fixed on the new inspector. looking a little higher to resei's expression he could tell that the woman was clearly still unfit to speak for herself. " I'm sure later the wild one will realize her mistake an apologize but until then allow me to say that the rest of us are pleased to have further assistance in the fight against crime." he said offering a bow. To support Kudon's claim Hanji also nodded and Resei did his best to do the same all while continuing to ensure that Yua didn't further condemn herself. "It's true, she usually isn't like this inspector. We all apologize for not being more adamant about talking her off of the cliff so she didn't come to meet you with such a demeanor." he explained. No longer feeling hot breaths upon his hand resei looked down to see that the hot kettle was finally cooled enough to release. Slowly he released his hand from covering her lips and then proceeded to take away his arm so that she might stand freely. Yua's rage had been alleviated and replaced by sadness as she realized she'd never truly escaped. A sense of defeat washed over her as she started to wonder if this would all simply be a continuation of the experiment she perceived Alex was conducting. She'd stopped believing he cared about her some time ago and favored the reality that he had only ever seen her as a unique patient that offered the opportunity for new discoveries.

Last edited:
Sample 3
This is sample 3 , it's from an original roleplay in a modern setting. The plot was pulled together with the partner. The story line is of a tattoo artist being pulled into the yakuza world through the unfortunate event of witnessing something she shouldn't have seen. But this is simply the starter post in which she meets a new initiate and has the opportunity to start his journey of ink. The concept came about as tattoos are very much integrated in the yakuza culture.

Screen%20Shot%202020-08-05%20at%2011.11.54%20PM.png

Quinn Sanai
Quinn was finally feeling like she'd gotten somewhere. The signage of the shop had been plastered upon the windows and she had to say it didn't look as bad as she thought it'd be. All the delays, permits and equipment had cost more than she expected and so that mean pushing every left over dollar to the limit. She'd caught a kid tagging a near by alley way. But instead of reporting the trouble maker she had offered to look the other way in exchange for him using his skills to write the shop name on the front windows. With a coat of sealant on too she figured it'd hold up till she could break even and buy a properly obnoxious neon sign so she'd fit in with the rest of the neighborhood. All in all he had done well. The colors popped and the name " pins and needles tattoo shop " was nice and clear.

Now she just had to make sure the interior was up to snuff. For the time being she only had one station set up. Supplies for the second were coming in this week. The hardest part was looking at things half finished wishing she were up and running so she could finally get back to what she enjoyed. Putting pieces on people who'd enjoy them the rest of their lives. " at least I'm close." She assured herself plopping down in one of the waiting room chairs. There would be another month tops before she would be back in her happy place.

Just as she sunk into the chair and closed her eyes to attempt a quick catch nap she heard that bell dangling at the door making noise. Propping back up she saw a man strolling in. Was all the random crap on the ground not enough to help him realize the place was closed ? Heck she hadn't even figured out how to mount the open sign yet. Pushing off from the arms of the chair she was back on her feet. " Hey there , I appreciate your enthusiasm but shop's not open yet. " She said crossing her arms. " I mean I could technically get you a sketch if you put a down payment but it'd be about a month or so to get it on the books." She said glancing over at the table behind her. The law required an inspection among other things to be completed once the shop was in its entirety but she was sure that someone outside the industry might think she was ready to go since the materials were right in front of them. It also occurred to quinn that she'd skipped right over asking if he understood her words. Her Japanese had been good enough for simple business exchanges. Only requiring , yes, no, and later but with longer sentences like these she was sure some words had been butchered. " Did you need me to say any of that again ?" she asked knowing full well he had likely come to realize she was a gaijin. The woman stood at the ready for him to walk right back out of the door. Being half Japanese meant she had half of something good, what the other half was didn't matter all too much, regardless of what it was, they'd call it bad. Half good and half bad cancelled out to leave nothing behind. Thus often times she found herself being completely ignored as if non existent. Quinn had taken this chance hoping her skills would compensate for her heritage but there was no telling what the future held this early. Even whilst trying to keep a stiff upper lip , she knew that too many people turning and walking out the minute they heard her speak would leave her thinking about burning the place down for insurance money in a desperate attempt to avoid total loss.

As she awaited the mans decision Quinn helped herself to a longer look. His hands were more worn than her own. Leading her to believe he wasn't the sort to delegate to others and rather took on the work himself. He had strong facial features, the sort that might drive the weak at heart to cross the street when they saw him asserting his claim. He certainly didn't look to be a gaijin like herself. He looked like he could blend right in with Quinn's father and all her other Japanese relatives. He was too covered up for her to be able to see if there was any other ink work to indicate what kind of style he preferred but in reality Quinn imagined the vast majority of what she would do here would be traditional work if he became popular with the older crowd. His aura was stern but she didn't see any wrinkles crowding around his eyes or lips. Nore were there miscolored veins pushing out form beneath his skin. Leaving her to believe this was a working man who wasn't too much older than herself and likely had a pure blood line that traced back a few generations. Not the client she expected in this part of town but certainly not someone she herself felt compelled to avoid. " Sooo . . . how can i help you ?" she repeated simply wondering what it was going on in the mans mind.

Last edited:
Sample 4

Here we have sample 4 this one was brainstormed together from a tropes thread and as such it's throwing things together than sometimes make people cringe for the sake of it being so typical and overdone. In this roleplay the character is on the younger side, she was orphaned in infancy and raised within the town orphanage by the nuns. Thus she has only recently gotten the chance to spread out her world. Around this time a war began and her lover was drafted into it. On his way back his company has been attacked by werewolves and while he survived he is well on his way to a new way of life. What is left of his company has been discovered and thus a messenger is coming to deliver the news that after 4 years of waiting she has been waiting for nothing.... definitely not something i do as frequently but who doesn't like being melodramatic sometimes.

1689352675532.png
Marigold wasn't sure how she had made it so long without him. To say she was mortified when she heard the messenger in the town square that day was an understatement. She'd squeezed Cassian's hand hard enough that she'd worried she'd hurt him when she spotted the red outlines she'd left behind. Now adays the worry was not where he had gone or what he faced but rather that he would return and when he did she'd still recognize him. Not only in how he appeared before her but also the man within. While serving the lord and his family she heard things, the sort of things that made it hard to keep the chipper cheeky demeanor she was known for. All about how war changed things for the worse and in some cases it was a better fate to die upon the battlefield than to return as a husk of one's former self to be alienated by everyone.

Her mind never stopped thinking of him. She'd written many letters , each time she received no reply she worried for him. It had been 4 years now. Had he not once had to time to rest and allow her a pear into the places he now called home through the written words. There would only be more questions when he was beside her again.

Reaching up she continued to pin the sheets upon the clothing line as they bellowed in the wind. At the very least such a long time had ensured she had plenty of funds to buy whatever fabric took her heart when they went to the markets together. Such thoughts were what saved her from falling into madness as she'd witnessed some other women doing. Thus far many men had returned from the front having earned their rest. Marigold would be a liar if she said she didn't fill with envy each time she watched them embrace. The head maid told her not to worry as there was a chance Cassian remained at the front because he excelled far beyond what others could muster. That it meant he'd return with great honor when the time finally came. Marigold never saw the significance in such things, having been raised with what little the modest nuns could justify offering. Yet she tried to focus upon the reality that if this was true then Cassian would not fall to another man's blade.

As a gust of wind nearly knocked her off of her feet one of the sheets took off and she went running behind it. When she finally caught it there was a messenger mere steps before her. " Marigold doe I pressume ? " She was quick to nod as she saw the letter within his hands. A smile was brimming across her lips as she excitedly awaited to receive the letter. It was more than a piece of parchment, it was a sign of life and wellbeing. The man held the letter out to her before he spoke. " I am sorry my lady but Cassian Ward of the 4th battalion in the kings guard has died. His battalion was ambushed and there were no survivors." He paused for a moment seeing the woman's expression change as she shook her head no denying the news. " I wish I had better news for you. I'm sure it is hard to hear he won't be coming back. Inside this envelope is a letter he wanted you to have and his emblem." The man said seeing the girls eyes were welling up. " YOURE LYING HES COMING BACK ! HE SAID HE IS COMING BACK!" The man would never become used to the hardest part of his work and seeing another one so young and distraught made him want to run. " He isn't, like many others. Take solace in the fact that you at least get this when many others don't." It was a newer practice for each man to have the chance to write final letters to their loved ones should their death be untimely without preparation or a stay in the infirmary. " I .. I.. don't believe you." As she was refusing to come to reality the man pressed the letter into her hands and turned to take his leave. There were more who'd be receiving the same news and he had no further time to waste.

With the letter in hand she fell to her knees as saw the handwriting which showed her name. It was just as he'd always written. " IT HURTS !." She couldn't think beyond the pain she felt inside. The woman had struggled to imagine what it'd feel like but nothing her mind had thought of could compare. Soon enough she wasn't alone upon the lawn as the heir had come out to see what the yelling was about. Seeing her clutching onto the envelope with tears streaming down her cheek as though she was trying to make a river he knew what had come to pass. " I'm sorry I know you'd always kept hope." He said placing a hand upon her shoulder. He had thought her hopes and desires would have been subdued by him withholding the letters Cassian had sent in replies to her own. But the hold the man had on the young woman's heart was a tighter grip than he'd thought. So tight it seemed her sanity might be unraveling in front of him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ That Evening ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tonight was one of the nights that Marigold was meant to have dinner with Cassians parents. But she couldn't bring herself to face them. Her chest was still pained as she felt taking a breathe to feel as though she was trying to breathe in a fire ridden house. Marigold had insisted on working until the sun descended from the sky. To avoid so many people as she could. She'd barely remained standing most of the day when the other servants approached her to give their condolences. This time around the water for washing the clothes with tinted with salt from the woman's seemingly never ending tears. As she'd weakly rung out the last shirt and hung it in the washroom she looked outside to see her time to leave had finally come. Drying her hands she rose to her feet. Albeit she shaking. Marigold felt exhaustion hit her so hard as the news she had received. The letter had remained tucked in her apron.

She wouldn't dare to read it now. Only run her fingers over the written letters upon the front feeling nothing. With a deep breathe in she made her way to the door. " We do not expect you to appear to work tomorrow, but I myself will be stopping by to check on you. I know you've been alone for a few years now and never heard a word from the man but I can see you're still in pain. If you should need anything don't hesitate to ask for it. " He insisted time receive just as little response as he had in the afternoon. He did feel some irritation toward her but managed to bite his tongue.

With no further exchange the woman was on her way toward town. She tried to keep a quick pace as she could begin to feel her legs failing her more and more with each step. It felt as though she was dragging herself across the ground just to make it back to the church. But before she could she saw a figure approaching in this distance. As she shifted to change her path and avoid collision the figure did the same. Was it pure chance or the sort of ominous sign she should run away, as the woman tried to think of what to do she remained standing still within the square.

Sample 5

Now on to sample 5, this one was from a search thread concept in which an expat is in korea and has no idea they're meeting with one of the up and coming K pop idols. Thus they're blissfully unaware they're about to be thrown into the fast lane. This is simply the opener but i thought something a bit more light hearted would be a good contrast to some of the other samples.

381cba27a0d9befe6ad23d9684d7b1bf.gif
Melanie Evans
"
Without black no color has any depth "
Mel had finally unpacked the last box in the apartment. The shop had been finished about a month ago but her home had been on the back burner. Afterall she had time to build up her safe haven. But when it came to the shop she couldn't afford to dilly dally as it was the bread and butter that kept this crazy life she was living together. As a little reward for finishing up the process of settling in she decided she'd treat herself to something beyond a random fruit and sandwich combo. The interwebs aided in her selection of the best ramen shop in town. The girl had decided against a car or moped, the public system was enough to get her around and also gave her that extra chance to better know her fellow humans. She was all for joining social media get togethers but some of the best friends she had to this day came from hoarding up at the bus stop waiting for the 596 bus to roll up and take them to the mall. So why mess with something that seemed to work just fine.

After two transfers she was walking up the steps out of the underground subway. It took a moment to find the shop as she had walked by it three times getting pulled into the heard of late night youths looking for a good time. "Wow this really is super small." she said finally having located the hidden gem. " I bet it's going to be great though. That is if i can figure out what to get." she said noticing that the menu posted by the wall was completely in Korean with no translation. She stepped up to order only to step back again when she realized she'd misread. Shamefully she took one of the paper menus and stepped to the side so she could inspect it more closely. A slew of odd expressions were seen as she attempted to mouth out the letters she saw on the paper to better understand what composed each dish.

She sighed when the chef would motion to her hoping she had an answer. With a shake of the head she'd reply no before fixing her eyes on the paper again. It seemed she would have to spend lunch watching kiddie videos again so she could improve her reading skills. Mel was sure that not everyone would be patient with her after she claimed she'd been here for half a year and still couldn't figure out whether it said chicken or duck. Her excuses would run out soon enough and she needed to be prepared. She'd come on a whim but she planned to stay only if she could fully become a part of the place she now lived.

Mel felt the pressure kick up when she saw another patron approach. The man had an interesting look to him. The posture and stance had her sure he knew exactly what he wanted and so she folded and smiled. " You can go ahead of me. I've been staring at this thing for 15 minutes and I'm still not sure." she explained. The last thing she wanted was to create a line and make people wait for their last bite before they hit the clubs. There was nothing worse than partying on an empty stomach hitting the bottles too hard and then throwing up nothing but acid. She'd done it, she wouldn't recommend it, and she wouldn't be the cause of it.

Sample 6

Much like sample 4 this was also pulled together from a tropes search thread. This pairing was based on the virtuous ray of sunshine and an ex bad guy gone good. She is a princess within a nation that has been ravaged by her father and brother. Desperate to end the suffering of her people and ensure their safety she makes a deal with the devil, the devil being the warlord on a path directly for the kingdom. She believes any leader is better than the current one even if it's her father. Unfortunately she is caught before she can make the arrangements beyond sending the letter requesting to meet the warlord.

1689354292394.png

Elaine wasn't sure what she could do in her current position. Sitting upon the small bench within her cell she could only rewind the events that transpired a mere day ago. Impulse had been the true winner as it influenced nearly everyone involved. Some had better intentions than others. I'm her belief the person with the best intentions had been punished most. By now she was a mere hour away from meeting her end. There wasn't one way she imagined this could end in her favor , aside from someone dead being unable to worry much about the living.

But when the pervious day began she was filled with hope for the future. He had replied to her request agreeing to meet her. It had been hard for her to believe that a man of war was willing to think of peace even for a short moment. Elaine had been so elated at the news she hadn't spared a moment of thought to how her actions might be perceived. Though in reality she knew she would have gone despite the risk. For she was a princess if the people and foolishly believed doing what was right would ensure her well being.

She only realized how wrong she was when the man she spotted in the forrest was her younger brother. Grinning so hard she thought his jaw might snap in two. There was never a day where she wished the boy ill. He had grown in age but she still viewed him as a boy. Driven by an obsession for luxurious things. Everything was his for the taking. The games he played when they were younger had grown into a reality. Elaine believed she would see him as a man the day he saw someone beyond himself and considered their well being. Which still seemed far away, as he had chosen to target her, the very same sister who'd wrapped his leg when he scraped it falling from a horse , who had allowed him to enjoy every trip to the empirial city in her stead even though she clearly held the title of heir.

She often wondered how it was the two of them had grown to be so different. As she sat in her cell she couldn't think of a single thing she had done to the boy to bring about such a hatred. He'd smiled as he promised she would be made to regret going against his wishes. Telling her how he looked forward to hearing the manner in which she would meet her end. How could anyone be so thrilled to become an only child ? He wouldn't hear a word of what she tried to explain. That she was there to save them , not enslave them under a new ruler. All she heard from him was that their kingdom would finally have a ruler of strength that would ensure their success. Elaine could only imagine who else would be sacrificed for him to show his strength.

When she had been kneeling before her father she'd hoped for mercy. In the end the poison from her brother had burrowed so deep her father wouldn't even look at her. " This will be the last time you betray me. All in your own interest. I will never understand why you grew to be so selfish. I don't wish to know it now, so you may take it to your grave tomorrow." Elaine felt as though it was a true sign he had never had true fondness toward her. The only face in which she saw any remorse was that of the advisor. He had been the only one to pay her any mind once her mother had passed.

With what time she had left she knelt down on the ground once more within her cell. This time she would appeal to a higher power. Elaine wasn't one fixated on faith each day. But she didn't fail to give thanks to the gods above on days devoted to them. It wouldn't shock her if they left her where she knelt now, however, in desperate times one couldn't help but reach for what remained.

As she was taken from the cell and walked out of the prison she didn't see a familiar face. Whether it was shame or anger neither father nore brother had chosen to appear. There was a chance they were preoccupied with planning for the warlord. He would now be coming swiftly as she was sure he too filled with anger having been made to look a fool in front of his men by her. When she reached the alter she hoped that most in the city wouldn't lose their lives soon after her. Stepping up she was offered her chance for last words before she was to place her head on the log so it might be stricken off by the ax.

" I did not wish for it to end this way. Know that my only aim was to serve my people. I wanted to protect you from facing death as I do now. I would never betray this kingdom and even now I feel that what I aimed to do was right, there is always a peaceful way and I still hope that you shall find it before it is too late." Elaine was shaking as she realized the end was mere moments away. The young woman didn't imagine she would end her life hearing the people she risked everything for screaming traitor as they threw what the could find toward her. She found herself crying when she did spot a few clasping their hands together wishing her well even in such a dark time. With one last shaken breathe in she lowered her head to the log and closed her eyes. " I hope they all escape this..." she said as she could hear the man beside her lift the ax.

Sample 7

This sample is the start of a vampire x werewolf long term roleplay. The current setting is world War 2 in which the female vampire is masquerading as a nurse and the male werewolf is a messenger/ supply runner. The concept is that they meet at this time period, later lose one another, then meet again in a modern setting. First impressions aren't always positive in times or war.

b44192a8b975f64e944e182e8562cb43.gif

Theadora Copula

Thea was always at a loss when she saw another truck pull in. Recently more of those trucks had been filled with bodies clinging to the souls within them rather than ones well fortified and ready for the front. Humankind was violent in the last few decades, in their history this had occurred before. But never with weapons quite so well catered to killing. Previously the woman hadn't feared for her own life when aiding a hand during these conflicts. But this time she'd had a close call here and there. Luckily she'd been able to hide her identity under the guise that the blood covering her uniform was not her own but rather someone else's. Any soldier that claimed to have been dragged to camp by her hands in the dark of night was labeled as hysterical. Though cameras still made her nervous, as they were irrefutable proof of her ware abouts and appearance. Luckily not too many of those appeared on the front lines. When they had it'd only been for a short stint and their focus wasn't the living so much as the dead who piled up along the perimeter of the camp. One thing she struggled with as an immortal was seeing scenes like these.

"Nurse ! we need someone over here !" she heard being yelled in her direction. What was in her head would have to wait now that another life was being thrust into her hands. "Coming !" she yelled before grabbing her kit. The doctors were preoccupied with two surgeries that had begun in the twilight hours that morning. Thus Thea as the head nurse had been tasked with filtering. They called it filtering, but really it was the process of playing god. Choosing the select few that got to have a chance at medical care while the rest were piled onto stretchers and left to whine and wail whilst waiting for leftovers.

Though old she still had a heart that suffered under such a responsibility. In truth she had the means to save each human. Though this form of saving would ensure they'd never be human again. But such drastic actions were against the practices of her people. As it would risk their kind being discovered. Nearly all the laws established by the council could be traced back to the prevention of discovery so well as the protection of the purebloods. Afterall they couldn't allow 'walking corpses' better known as turned humans to ascend to the council. Thus they had to ensure the originators of vampire kind remained well above extinction numbers. Ohhh the lectures Thea had heard growing up. All delivered by her mother who was much more obsessed than her father ever was when it came to the eternity vampire kind was meant to exist. Approaching the truck she felt a sense of relief when she saw it wasn't nearly as full as the previous ones. " Is this everyone ?" she asked before climbing up into the truck. "No ma'am this is everyone that's left. We had two truck but one got hit on the road. So we had to make do." the driver said before lowering his head. " We did what we could to grab the injured we could lift and pulled the other team out of their truck before taking off. If we had delayed any longer they would have been right on top of us." the navigator added. So that was why she'd been under the illusion that casualties were dropping when really they were rising again. " You did what you could, now go into the church and grab what you can. We have the mess hall in there on account of the fly by we had three weeks ago." she paused for a moment. " Don't think about it too much anymore, I'll take over here and give you an update a bit later." she ensured.

With how strong the smell of blood was in the truck she was certain they'd lost a few whilst driving to camp. They didn't need to see that now. Once the two men left she glanced around the truck before beginning to pull the bodies away from the living and dumping them on the ground. She needed room to work an unfortunately disposing of the dead was second to saving the living.

Little bit little she injected each of the wounded with morphine to numb the pain. The less crying she heard the easier it became to focus on treatments. One received a splint while another had to have his leg quickly sliced off before she tied it tightly with a torn part of her apron. A few had been lucky and simply suffered from shock and a few cuts she stitched quickly before moving along. All in all what was left after the ambush was going to make it aside from the two she'd had to dump before beginning. With blood soaked hands she exited the truck and whistled for assistance. With her strength she could have easily delivered each patient herself. But appearances mattered and it'd be difficult to explain a woman hardly ever seen eating carrying three grown men on her back without buckling under the weight. Thus she had to pretend she was in dire need of support.

"Take them in, low level injuries in the halls and sever injuries in the rooms in sets of two. I'll be making rounds with the doctors later. For now the rest of the nurses should check in every other hour." she said going back to giving orders. Though in reality she would have preferred to do it herself. She always struggled to watch from a distance without being a part of what truly happened. It was part of why being a mythic often felt like a punishment. Yet year after year she continued to hide in plain sight avoiding attachment for fear of what might come. That was the one thing easy about wars like this, being dethatched kept you safe and it came easily when no one was around for very long.

"Nurse Thea, we've got a delivery from base. Apparently someone finally got through ... seems like it's been a while. I sent him to the church and told him you'd meet him there to sign for it." Lydia said as she was walking by. " He looked a little rough so you might want to look him over." she suggested before joining the men in guiding the wounded inside. Thea stood still dumbfounded by the news. She wondered if Lydia had heard the man right when he explained where he had come from. It had been months since someone made it all the way from base. Most deliveries were dropped from above and even some of those didn't touch down to the ground. How on earth did this man make it here. "Standing here won't tell me." Thea said before making her way toward the mess hall. She believed in miracles considering she'd figured out a way to avoid giving in to her blood thirst whilst surrounded by injured but this just seemed other worldly. Especially as she saw the number of boxes which were stacked at the entrance addressed to the clinic. Once in the church her eyes began to scan the lines of tables for a man that didn't belong in the usual line up.

That's when she landed on the raven haired man standing in line to get himself a plate. He was taller than most she'd seen come through here. His hair was long and it caught her by surprise considering most in these parts got so tired of the dirt and grime in their locks that they chopped it all off. Stranger still was the fact that he was standing up perfectly straight with the long journey he must have just put behind himself dragging all those boxes along. If anyone did get through the lines they usually had an injury or two to show the struggle. But that was something she didn't picture herself seeing from this distance even if her eyes far outdid those of a human. Weaving through soldiers one step at a time she came closer to the strange new entrant into camp. " Hello there , I hear you're the reason I'll have to make less difficult decisions the next few months." she said standing beside the man. As she looked up into his face she studied it for signs of German ancestry. Her current concern was that the man hadn't fought his way through so much as he'd been let through by his fellow Germans. Having been a spy in past conflicts she knew one had to be creative to break through the lines undetected. One way to do such a thing was offering something so direly needed that no one would have many questions about how you'd gotten it. " Did you really come all the way from base ? that must have taken a few days. Doesn't surprise me the first thing you want is a plate of food. I'm sure second would be a bed to lie low in. Those are a bit hard to come by, but since i won't be using mine for the new few hours you're welcome to it. Consider it a way of me saying thanks for the delivery." for a moment she paused seeing a little glint in his eyes as if the color had flickered for a mere moment. " My name is Theadora Copula, I'm the head nurse here in this camp and an understudy to the doctors. But those two are either cutting or sleeping so most often i find myself running the medical efforts." she said establishing herself. " The nurse who told me to find you here didn't mention a name." she stated wondering if he'd refrained from speaking to hide his identity.

Last edited:
Sample 8

This sample is another starter. The premise is two individuals in servitude of royalty who believe their professions are the furthest thing from one another and yet some to find more overlaps than initially expected. Of course the enemies to lovers trope comes into play between the Chef and Chemist. This is set in steam punk England thus the slightly modern references.

tumblr_p465gxmPkd1wqhqf6o1_500.gif

Lorraina Lavendar
Lorraina had a curious life. But it was one she rarely spoke of. The benefit of being one so skilled in the culinary arts is that she could let her food do the talking when it came to her skills and if someone was engulfed by the dish she set before them they often lacked the time to question her beyond daily pleasantries. So far the woman had managed to remain quietly shrowded allowing her past to be the past. She much prefered enjoying the present while pondering upon the future late at night when she allowed herself a small dip into the castles wine reserves. Many asked themselves how a woman who'd spent so many years in the service of a monarch who had never once been witnessed thanking her for her devotion could still manage to smile each day. While a chef might not seem crucial in the eyes of a peasant, the menu at parties and gatherings was a larger component than one might expect. The wrong dish could insult the guest who may not ingest it due to a rule in religion. While a stylized pheasant and a topping of pomegranate provide a silent declaration of wealth. These were all things which often went unnoticed but the even passionate Lorraina never complained or demanded praise for her ability to deliver the queens message without a single shot from a gun.

"Alright everyone we've just about finished cleaning up haven't we, wonderful work today. Each and every dish was impeccably executed," she announced with a smile before feeling a tap on her shoulder. "Chef, there's one set missing again. Shall i go fetch it and clean it so you need not wait ?" said the newest member of their kitchen battalion. He was a young man she'd seen in the market one morning during a produce purchase. The little lamb as she always called him was peddling about with a cauldron in hand offering bowls of soup for a few guinies in hand. He had potential, though the meat was overcooked and the broth was thinned far too heavily to be considered a proper stew she could taste a delectable combination of spices. While she paid for the meal she stayed for the story and found herself reaching out and offering a hand of guidance. The young one seemed so desperate for a chance. A chance to better himself and get the tools needed to carry the burden he was being crushed beneath. The boys father was all that remained and instead of aiding his family he constantly attempted to drink away his depressions. Lorraina always had a soft spot for gentle souls being swallowed up by the cruel mistress called london. The one she’d given the name lamb for his tender and innocent soul had been her student for near to a year now and Raina struggled to think of anyone who was more grateful and appreciative of an opportunity they’d been given than he was. “No need dear i shall handle this one myself. As this particular person needs a firm hand to hold them accountable for the insults they’ve been offering for the past months.” she said giving him a gentle pat of the shoulder to reassure him. “Simple polish the remaining glasses and then hustle home with those left overs i’m sure everyone at home is hungry and waiting.” she insisted before removeing her apron and allowing her hair to fall naturally on her back instead of being tied tightly into a bun.

Having said her farewells for the evening she took to her purpose. Down the hall she went heading further into the castle toward the research corridor. All in pursuit of a man some had described as a savant, brilliant beyond his years, a true treasure to the kingdom and crown. All flittery words that made her furrow her brow as they were used to describe her person she found to be pompous and arrogant. For he hadn’t tried to enjoy a single meal she’d provided for him. Not once had the man offered insight to why he’d found it so difficult to enjoy the meals many others chased after. Everyone had their particularities but this man seemed to have so many that she wondered how he hadn’t starved to death. After all the dishes that had been picked up by the servants only ever showed the tiniest nibbles upon the bread so small that Raina had begun to theorize that he’d placed his plate on the ground to feed his lab rats.

She now stood in front of the door which led into the infamous frankensteins lab. For a moment she paused attempted to calm herself so she might not break down the door. But soon enough her vivid emotions got the better of her. A firm hand was placed on the door knob and with a quick twist she swung open the wooden door. Before the gust of wind made by the swinging door could reach the man he would hear her voice. “How dare you ! who do you think you are ? Hopefully you don’t think you’re a king because i hardly want to be the one who has to tell you we already have a queen.” she said before making her way further into the room. Her eyes narrowed on the platter which again had near to everything one it that she’d sent out nearly an hour ago. “Don’t get me wrong i as a chef understand that not everyone loves spicey dishes, fishes, or cumquats. But you sir haven’t eaten a single thing. If this were truly a matter of allergy or taste i’d be hard pressed to think of something you can like or tolerate at this point.” now standing before him she approached before bringing her hand down hard on the table. “Do explain what makes you think its polite to waste all the food my assistants and I serve you ? do you truly think it’s of an unacceptable quality ?” she said before stepping back and crossing her arms. He truly thought that food fit for a queen was beneath him ?

Sample 9

This sample is a starter from a witcher AU roleplay in which the witch is at odds with her own kind. Therefore she's considering a new approach of the enemy of my enemy is my friend. Teaming up with a witcher might be just what she needs after this long stint of trouble in her wake. This sample is a bit older but i still think it's a pretty decent one.
a1KZN8v_700b.jpg

Brenna had been in town for two days now. She was in need of the quiet time considering how chaotic the previous week had been. She'd clashed with the coven on Monday and finally removed their trace Wednesday only to run across the witch hunter of the capital Thursday morning. By the time Friday had rolled around she was sprawled across the back of a wagon glad she was finally headed to a little town where no one knew her name or exploits. Which heads were hunted for was determined by the rich and powerful most of which resided in the larger cities of each kingdom. Not the towns so small they only hosted two bars. She was currently testing out the second establishment. While towns were small news still reached them carried through by the travellers that often rested their heads in the rooms rented out on the second floor. Yesterday she hadn't heard much aside from the marvelous new products which had been displayed at the market in the capital city. None of which she has any interest in as the lot of them were cheapened imitations made to look like the one real potion held by the merchant who used the real genuine article to demonstrate only to aid them in selling the fakes.

This evening struck her as being likely to end up the same way. At the very least she seemed one of few women to have taken her chances stepping into the establishment and thus her reward was so many free pints that she'd told the bartender to keep them on a tab as she couldn't keep pace with the admirers. She knew their hope was likely that once she'd become overwhelmed by the generosity of them all and very much a victim of intoxication her standards might lower enough to allow one of them a strike of opportunity and access into her room up above. When she considered the women she'd seen during her two day stay and the simple minded manner they had about them she found herself a bit less shocked that they doubted her intelligence so heavily. Though she'd originally intended to stay out of trouble she couldn't help but amuse herself by testing their intelligence. Each time a suitor had approached she'd made a claim that she much preffered a man with a different quality, younger, older, more rugged, taller, shorter, deeper voice, and finally different eye color. She wondered if any many would be clever enough to approach the others and realize her words had all been lies once her desired features were shown to contradict themselves. As of now none had done so. A few times her eyes had narrowed as she'd litsened to the conversation held between two men who'd both approached her. But each time they simply discussed their lack of luck in the pursuit of her but refused to divulge what it was she said to them. " Their pride is their downfall, how much better they would fare if they weren't so hesitant to admit a flaw in their appearance." Individuals of all kinds made their way to bars for making merry and entertainment yet even when she'd set the stage herself little had come of it.

That was until a new individual entered the bar. His foot had connected with the door in such an abrupt fashion that he'd spooked the lot of everyone inside. The bartender who'd been refilling her mug jolted so heavily that nearly a quarter of the pitures contents flew up in the air and part of it landed on the womans chest and torso. For a moment silence reigned as most had shifted all of their attention to the bull who'd made his entrance. Though she'd just taken an unwanted shower Brenna also shifted her gaze. He was a stark contrast from those she'd come to know here so far and the state of his expression and clothing had her nearly certain of what he might be. Most witches steered clear of such as they were considered to be dangerous abominations created by mankind to dabble in things which should otherwise be left up to the magical mythics. But Brenna herself believed their ability to walk the line between everyone gave them an interesting perspective. Unfortunately for them it left them with the unpleasant experience of having few to call their kin beyond other witchers who understood the reasons behind their ties to the occult. Brenna could not fault them for being emotionally detained considering the downright conufusing receptions she'd seen most witchers receive in the past. Most often the level of warmth directly correlated to the amount of women present and the level of fascination about the unknown held by the towns most affluent members. "Suppose i should be glad they're most often unwelcome, keeps me from having to deal with them too often."she whispered to herself before she felt something hit her chest.

Looking down the woman saw a hand holding a cloth pressed against her. "I'm terribly sorry miss, One would think i'd get used to it by now. But alas on the good days he enters like a normal citizen." the bartender insisted as he attempted to wipe her dry. "No harm done, feel free to return to being as you were i can handle this myself. Wouldn't want others to think you've taken the lead." she joked with a wink before taking the cloth into her own hand and proceeding to pat herself dry. She didn't want to impact the mans sales for the evening by having everyone bitter he'd gotten closer than the rest of them. "Wonder if that bloods human or something elses." she whispered further after having dabbed of most of the beer from her shower. She was rather pleased it hadn't gotten in her hair but wished it hadn't gotten on her at all as the baths in these places were often simply a cloth and bucket. Though it worked she much prefered soaking in a pool of water with rose petals floating about.

Sample 10

This sample is a bit older like the previous one. The premise of the plot was that two notable generals meet again after the war in which they met has concluded. Everyone else within their ranks is adjusting back to their normal lives again without much of a struggle. But the two of them both can't seem to fully accept peace and pursue roles beyond what they've become used to.

1702254529386.png
Adalante found herself surprised by it all. There was still so much to do at home and yet the kings still believed it best to organize a celebration. One which marked the year of peace. But was it truly worth celebrating when there were still so many signs of war remaining in her home ? Ada felt conflicted about her acceptance of the invitation, a certain guilt of leaving her duties behind and enjoying herself while many others couldn't afford to take a rest. Yet she knew well that her rejection would have caused quite a commotion. She was now a name of note in both nations. It was no longer a matter of her desires but rather of political impact and lasting consequence. Peace was precious and young, a sign of distaste from her nation could shake the fragile foundations they'd been building upon. She'd left tense and arrived having accepted that it was out of her hands. Her decision had become to enjoy herself as she would have had she not become the spearhead of the Tovolian army.

Adalante the lance would be sent back home to Tovolio and Ada would remain in her place. It was what she told herself as she adjusted the dress she'd had made for the occasion. The king had insisted upon the royal silks of a naval blue as the capital sat upon the coast. While he had insisted upon the color and fabric she had chosen the design. While she was experienced now and had weathered the war well she was still young and did enjoy carrying herself about without the weight of armour and modesty of a nun. "Besides i believe i'll fit in much better this way." she jested knowing that those with weapons would stick out rather heavily at this peaceful gathering. With the earrings tucked into her ear she rose from her seat and exited the room she'd been provided at the kings castle. It was rather magnificent but she imagined she wouldn't spend much more time there. All of this was meant to strengthen ties and blend the nations together. She couldn't very well do that whilst hiding from everyone in her room.

With a few redirections from the servants she arrived at the gathering. Her first loop about the stands stages and guests made her smile. She hadn't seen this much joy in quite some time aside from the day that everyone upon the field had come to realize that they could finally lay down their swords. "Hopefully i'll see the same in Arden soon." she said finally allowing herself to indulge in some of the festivities as she accepted the drink offered to her. She was just about to begin fishing out the muddled fruits when she spotted a familiar face who'd become a bit a ghost in her life beyond formality since their physical forms ceased to share the field of battle. Quietly she approached at first she thought to touch but reminded herself of the manner in which they'd corresponded as of late. So instead she found to stand beside him and speak was better. " Good evening my lord it has been quite a while. Its good to see peace treats you so well as war does." she said before offering a smile of reassurance. "I see that like myself you prefer to look before leaping into the unknown." she said laughing softly. "If i remember correctly casual conversation was one of the things in which i was crowned superior around camp." Ada jested with a wink.

Sample 11

Alright, this time i am trying something a little different, ill be including a few posts from the character. This one was a game of thrones AU mashed up with an original plot. The concept is that the Targaryens are first arriving to take hold of kings landing. This occurs as the queen has staged a coup against the king who was never meant to rule, he stole her crown and she believed a foreigner was better suited to do so.

1692139448329.png
1692139527969.png
1692139477682.png
1692139583589.png
1692139627474.png
Queen Belara , or so she was called, though in the last three years the woman had felt like little short of a chambermaid. Her movements were orchestrated by the council along with the man sitting at its head. Her loving husband, who seemed far more concerned with endless attempts at an heir than creating any lasting relationship between them. Some might think her bitter for it but Belara couldn't help but wish to deprive the man of one thing he wanted most. Even if it came at the sacrifice of more invasions into her bed chamber. Each of those evenings she found herself scrubbing away at her skin as though she wished to remove a layer in hopes every last sliver he touched was no longer a part of her. The maids said it was sheer luck her skin remained so soft with the level of scrutiny she placed upon it. It would be a relief to all when the old man ceased to reign over their heads. Even so the woman had hesitated when it came to sending off the final letter. Standing still she'd held it tightly as the messenger had reached out to take the final parcel with him. The young queen was placing so much trust in a man she'd never seen, not once met eyes with. All her efforts had been to place him upon the throne where she'd stood herself three years ago before she'd been robbed by those her father had promised would protect her. They'd done anything but, whilst she suffocated they filled their coiffeurs. Belara wasn't one to seek blood but deep within her there grew a desire to see more of them perish beyond the husband she abhorred.

In the end she had released the letter to the man allowing him to gallop past the city gates carrying with him the future of westerns.

Dear Prince Aelor,

I struggle to find who takes greater pleasure in this exchange of letters ending. As when they end a new future in westeros begins. Come to stake your claim upon the throne the last day of the month. By then I will have ensured a peaceful surrender. Men loyal to me shall be marked with spots of gold upon their hands. Those without may still cling to the king and their actions are not ones I can hope to control.

My wish is for the people of Kingslanding so well as the whole of Westeros are safe and find themselves better cared for under a new ruler. That is why I have summoned you in hopes you may provide them a better future filled with prosperity. Giving them what I failed in delivering. Thus I shall take my leave upon you securing the throne. But should you have need of me I will have returned to the storm lands taking refuge with house Baratheon, the family of my father.

Safe travels and good tidings, I look forward to meeting the future king of westeros~

Sincerely Queen Belara

He had called her his queen in response and yet if fate would shine on her as she'd hoped she'd never be, finally having grasped onto the freedom from royalty that she'd pursued.

The Siege

The queen was rushed through the halls toward the throne room by command of the king. dragged by her wrist at the speed of a royal guardsman she struggled to contain her composure. One was meant to cry in fear for such a moment but she was nearly grinning at the thought of conclusion. She was so thrilled at her victory that she nearly forgot to break free. " Cease this at once. I will not be going." She said pulling her arm free from the guard. " My lady it is not safe, the king demands your presence in the throne room." The guard explained before holding his hand out to her. He was one of the ones she'd call a loyalist. He had reaped the benefits of the kings misdealings and thus she'd left him outside the river of information , just as anyone else she suspected supported her husbands practices. " I am safe right where I am , however , you and a few others don't share that same luxury." She said backing away so she might go back in the other direction. As she did the man drew his sword. " I do not know if you have been shriken by madness but I will not incur the wrath of the king for your disobedience." He was clearly shaken. " Now follow me." He said motioning with his sword. Yet the woman remained still. " Strange, you wish for my safety and yet here we stand with you threatening me with a sword." Just as the last word left her lips the man could feel cold steel passing through his center. " I apologize for my tardiness your highness. It took some time to ensure the proper preparations had been made." As the body dropped to meet the ground Amshal the commander of the kingsguard was revealed. " There should be no further trouble in reaching the gates, though there are some loyalists unaccounted for I'm sure they'll all be found near to the grand hall. Though the news was good the expression on the woman's face was filled with distaste. " There was no need for this. He likely would have surrendered had you only made the demand." She said stepping forward and lowering herself to the ground so her hand my grace the dying man's cheek. " I am sorry, sorry you elected for the wrong side and now suffer for it. May you come to better fortunes in the next life and not be punished too heavily for your misdealings here." She said showing a last bit of kindness to the man. Though in reality he was so young some might still call him a boy. " I'm sorry your highness, I simply wasn't willing to risk harm to you. You must understand, as commander it is my responsibility to protect you." He insisted before holding out his hand spotted in gold to aid the lady back to her feet. " Your duty is to the crown and I will not he wearing mine much longer, even so I seek to leave you with the importance of mercy." She said before walking alongside the guard toward the gate. Just then she heard a rumbling shriek beyond the keeps walls. It was otherworldly and could only be the princes dragon making itself known. A sign that her men had managed to control loyalists within their battalions and ensure no one fired upon the invaders.

She arrived at the gates just in time to see the gate being molten down to merge with the ground. Glancing about the room she could see the guards enamored with terror and awe. There was still question of the future kings morality, but any doubt of his power had been washed away within this instance. " Rememeber , he is not our enemy, do not allow tension to cloud your judgement." She reminded before receiving nods. " Enemy of Ally matters little, until you've left kingslanding unharmed I will not swear my fealty to this man." Amshal was as stubborn as ever. She supposed it was why he had been selected to take over the guard as her father had passed. While at times his unyielding fealty annoyed the young woman it was still a comfort to her during the hardest of times. Many had wavered during disputes between king and queen but he had always remained firmly upon her side. Which worried her when it came to the arrival of a new master.

Belara held her breathe as she smoke began to clear and a form wandered through its remnants. At first she thought her eyes fooled her. But as he came closer she realized he truly rivaled the men of westeros in stature. Though in reality it was his eyes that captured her attention most. A color so rarely seen within their world permanently affixed within his features. Only to be surrounded by the brightest white hair normally reserved for only the wisest of men and women. A sight to behold for certain, leaving her speechless as she tried to collect herself. There was a temptation to reach out and touch the man to assure herself he was real and not a spectral being. There would be no difficulty from here on for someone to know they were in the presence of their king. The nod of his head received a curtsy though traditionally only those of lower rank had to offer such. Which led to Amshal scoffing in disappointment.

" Yes I am queen Belara Baratheon the first of my name and also the last." She stated before rising up. " It pleases me to hear such things. Myself is second to my people, to rule is to guide and serve. Unfortunately my husband never gained sight of this and so I felt I had no choice but to aid in replacing him." Her hope was that she wasn't making a mistake. But there had been no reports from her messenger or any other merchant who'd visited the lands of the targaryan that their people suffered. In fact some even made claims for a desire to reside there rather than westeros.

" Though your time in my service is short I shall attempt to make it pleasant." She allowed herself a simple jest knowing full well the next hour would be hard to stomach. Bloodshed no matter how justified was something the woman couldn't come around to get a taste for. " Follow me , it is not far beyond the courtyard." She explained before beginning to lead.

When they arrived her lips were pursed together until she came into the view of the king. " My king ,I think the end of our reign has come." She said with Aelor on her right side and the commander on her left. " You think? You thinking is of news to me." The man commented before rising to his feet. " You should not be thinking of anything beyond how to please your king and this disobedience does no such thing." His gaze was quick to shift to Amshal. " Have the guard and army attack, drive this heathen from kingslanding and throw this little harlot back into her room." He commanded waving his hand. When Amshal did not move he yelled. " DO IT NOW!" Only the guards who'd surrounded the throne began to move causing the king to become seated again with satisfaction.

" It is over, the decision has been made. You are unfit to rule this land and have proven it time and time again. Resistance to reality will do you no good." She said walking forward toward the throne. " I suggest those of you who wish to live remain where you are. For I believe trial is far more merciful than the beast waiting at the gate." Amshal said offering wanting to the loyalist guards. " I command that you stand down and witness the assention of a new king!" It would likely be her last time wielding her power as queen as there was no way to stop the wheels in motion.

"UNBELIEVABLE ! to obey a child rather than the king." he remained seated no longer beginning to step down the steps toward the one who had offended him. " I am no child, I've allowed you to play games long enough, it stops here." Belara explained. " This is the end for you, believe yourself lucky as there should never have been a beginning. Even now i scold myself far more than you ever could for not having fought harder against you." she went on even as the man drew closer. " I concede I am no more fit to rule than you. That is why rather than either or us it shall be neither." Belara had struck enough nerves to bring the man to action. Swiftly she was stuck by the back of the kings hand which was littered with rings. The connection was hard enough to draw blood in form for a small trail running down from her nose. The woman caught herself and refrained from falling to the ground" Cowa..." She couldn't finish her claim of what she believed him to be before both his hands were tightly wrapped around her neck squeezing as if it'd bring her into submission. " Insolent harpy, So selfish and devious. You have no right to take my throne or live to tell of it." Belara reached up to grasp the mans hands and free herself but the rage within him garnered more strength than she'd imagined. " This will not be my final decree but it will be my greatest, NOW DIE !" He demanded ignoring those approaching . The loyalist guards had decided against Amshal's warning and drew their swords in preparation to aid their king. Amshal responded in kind scrambling to reach Belara. He knew whether she lived or died the man standing beside him would be king. But that did not save him from feeling compelled to protect her even in these final moments of her reign. There were few who would deny that she was good of heart, such kind people always found themselves in fewer number to the cruel, for this reason they should always be protected.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Before she had believed there would be no further husband because she saw no purpose in marrying again once she left kings landing behind. Her connection to a damned king would offer all the protection she required to avoid courtship and arrangement offerings. Now as she struggled to breathe her mind elected a new reason for why she would not have another. Her first husband had decided she would join him in the afterlife. Her grip upon his hands diminished as the air within her lungs depleted.

Relief arrived in form of a warm liquid splattering upon her chest staining the once pristine cream colored dress. His hands slipped and she inhaled sharply shocked to draw breathe once more. Her eyes met the violet orbs for the second time. There was am excitement seen in him as though he played a game he had enjoyed many times before. Unlike Belara who'd never seemed so much blood gathering in one place. That of her late husband pooled at her feet staining her shoes so well as the fabric of the gown which graced the ground. The hardest part of it all was feeling a tug at her skirt as the mans last moment was spent trying to bring her down to meet him. Only to fail miserably and wither away at his feet. His end was what she'd desired for nearly a year and yet in this moment she pitied the man for reaching such an end.

She was drawn back to the reality at hand when Aelor triumphed his victory. With another deep breathe in the woman steadied her posture and bowed her head to the man as would be expected to acknowledge his success. Still regaining steadiness in her breathe she struggled to speak. " Long live the king, may he reign for many years." she said feeling a burning within her chest each time her lungs expanded from meeting with the air they'd been deprived of moments ago.

When he severed the head she was quiet, however it hurt her to see the crown tossed to the ground as though it were a meaningless lump of coal. She did not love the man who wore it this day, but she adored the one who'd worn it years ago. Though shaking shaken she made the effort to kneel and retrieve the crown which held so many sentiments within it. With how quickly Aelor had allowed it to fall she imagined he would not fight her about keeping it within her possession. The crown was held tightly in her head as she stood silently for a moment with the free hand resting upon her blood soaked chest preying silently that she had made the right decision. Should she be wrong about Aelor this was only a mild taste of the blood shed which would be required to restore a family of Westeros to the throne. A war she herself couldn't imagine stomaching at present.

A time for rest and true contemplation had not arrived as she felt his hand upon her arm. The woman nearly snatched it away feeling too vulnerable to desire the touch of a stranger. "Well is a word I would not use in such a time." she confessed as she looked about the room. The banner with a red dragon paled in comparison to the stains of red upon the ground. He spoke of his need to learn of Westeros. She was uncertain of how well she could sustain conversation in her current state and yet she nodded in agreement before making her way out of the throne room. Nearly any place seemed a better environment for someone gentle hearted like herself. Amshal could tell that while his mistress understood such needed to be done it had taken a harder hold on her than expected. The paleness of her face and drop of her previously pristine posture was evidence of the guilt beginning to weigh her down. While he accept her decision for the new king he would not obey until the lady had said her final farewell to the red keep. He had every intention of escorting her to the new home he hoped offered her greater kindness than the one she'd been born into. " You may be my new king but my queen has not yet relinquished her title. For that reason i shall guard her with my life until that moment should come to pass. Thus i can not yield to your demand." Amshal said before following behind the horde of the white haired devil. When they reached the queens chambers he had every intention of being close by should misfortune rear its head.

Belara expected relief when she arrived within her room a place that once offered solace. But upon seeing her reflection in the mirror , coated in blood as if she'd wielded the blade herself she began to panic. With labored breathing she quickly placed the crown she held upon the vanity and began to tug and pull at the corset of her gown. " I want out of this and out of here !"she claimed hastily finally having defeated the bow that had been tied to she might loosen the rest. " I know that you wish for knowledge of these lands and it's people but I struggle to provide it while covered in the blood of a former king." she admitted before continuing to tug at the corset which finally gave in to her. The battle with the skirt was far shorter in length. When both garments which offended her eyes with stains of red were removed she was quick to throw them through the window. Only then did her breathing reduce back to its resting pace. The dried blood beneath her nose remained so well as her undergarments to which the blood hadn't soaked through. For the first time since the early hours of the day she allowed herself some comfort in form of sitting upon the soft surface of the bed. " I thought because he was deserving and offered so many a fate worse than the one which came for him i would not feel this way." she confessed. " Yet now i realize guilt is a cruel mistress for anyone who has a heart. Please give me the mercy of leaving this place now, I promise that i shall write to you whatever you should need once I have left it behind." To him it seemed this day was one of pure joy. He had weathered such war games before. To her it was a day where innocence was lost as she'd finally adapted to the dark morals of her opponents. Causing her to doubt she was any better than the man she'd had slain. As she covered her eyes she struggled to keep tears from forming within them. " I can not, I can not, I can not stay here." a place once gleaming with glory had been tainted, the young queen could not imagine what her parents thought looking down upon her now.

Amshal had pushed his way through the ranks of king Aelor so his ear might be plastered against the door. As expected the queen wanted nothing more than to leave and begin anew elsewhere. Though he had always believed her clever he worried the gentle nature she'd grown to have would be her undoing in a role which demanded an ability to be cold and commanding without regard for those who were harmed. Something he had no doubt the new king was capable of as he'd seen not even a sliver of hesitation as he removed his predecessor from the mortal plain. Perhaps the queen was truly right that she was not fit to rule and for this reason better kept among her house a good few leagues away from drowning in the dealings of kings landing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" I did not give you your sword, but I told you whom to use it against that hardly describes an innocent woman. My hands are clean but my conscience is so drenched in the tar of deception." he was trying to comfort her but she was too distraught to perceive it. "I am not innocent no matter how much i wish to be. I have never been innocent." she said shaking her head. He told her he was sorry but what came next was something no apology would be good for. "What ~" it barely made it beyond her lips. " You are sorry ? Sorry for what ? Sorry for LYING ? Sorry for BETRAYAL !" she was rising from her seat as she softened words began to grow more course. " SORRY THAT YOU TURNED FROM SAVIOR TO SLAVER !" he went on to tell her why he felt justified in the shift of his intentions toward her. Power, he worried of the power he would lose. " You will not lose power but you have lost the admiration I found toward the man I wrote to." Her breathing was growing hard again as her mind struggled to decide between fighting and weeping in the presence of the new king. " who would want to live beside the man who damned them ?" Belara was of a mind that Aelor did not realize just how much he was taking from her. Did he not know what had driven her to take such drastic measures in the first place. His last words perhaps hit hardest , " The greatest LIE YOUVE TOLD! you will not hurt me ? And yet you seem all too happy to plunge a sword into my back as you did the former king. To hurt my people is to hurt me. Why else would I fight so hard to rid them of my late husband." She'd been so wrong about the man she had chosen to trust. He walked as if aiming to escape trial by her tongue. He requested she not be angry with him for fulfilling his duty as king to cage a queen. "Angry is no where near to the word of what I feel within." When he reached the door she came behind him with hands balled into fists but as she went to strike his back filled with rage she faltered. The tension released and what reached the man was open hands which dragged along his back as the woman stood crying. " This is not fair, what have I done to deserve this ?" For a moment she clung to his tunic. " You are no better than him, You call me queen but in truth I'm nothing but a step in the stairs to you throne. To be used without any sense of value. What life is that ?" She finally released the fabric in her hands so he could go and she be left alone. Her face littered with tears. " If you have a heart you'd reconsider" She said before the man finally vanished behind the door.

Amshal had difficulty hearing past the queen's protests and thus was caught by surprise when the door opened to reveal the new king. He caught a mere glimpse of Belara's face before the door was sealed again. He could not help but shake his head in disbelief. He'd only seen her appear in such form once before. The night before she finally surrendered to the pressure of the council handing over what free will had remained in her hands. No effort from anyone living seemed to console her as she smashed whatever her hands could reach before collapsing to her knees surrounded by the shards which resembled the state of her heart. So many tears were spent that day, So many Amshal was shocked to see any remained for the future. Yet upon her wedding day the maid struggled to keep the powders and rouge fixed upon her youthful face. By then she'd come to terms and the screaming had ceased but anyone with eyes could see she was wounded.

"I did, clearer than you might imagine and yet it still makes little sense to me." Amshal said stepping back to offer the man some space. " Tis of no surprise to me that she is in such disarray. Her trust was twisted to the point of breaking. I should hope she is so strong as I and others loyal to her believe her to be. Otherwise I fear you'll marry a walking husk at best." Amshal said worried Belara would cease to be as her every attempt to free herself whilst serving a kingdom for which she did not ask ended up fruitless. His sword was of no use this day, but that did not stop the man from attempting to serve his lady in other ways. " Why would you torment her so ? you claim she is needed for your ascension and yet in reality she hinders you more so than she aids you." Amshal said pausing a moment to straight his posture and stiffen his limbs. " A king needs a queen, that much is certain but part of the reason for this is pursuit of kin. I'm sure you have noticed there is not one heir calling these halls their home. Even with the unrelenting efforts of our former king. Three years is a mighty long time to wait for a son or daughter." he said crossing his arms. " What began as rumors has long since been deemed a fact, the queen is barren. No amount of force from any man is likely to change that." Amshal said knowing that even a man of foreign lands could not ignore the need for an heir to protect his line and ensure a rule for many years. "Your claim of her power shows just how ill informed you are of Westeros. The forces within kingslanding were split in their allegiance. Yes she hails from a house or reknown but they would make no bid to support a queen who chose to throw her birthright away and betrayed the king who had their blessing." The man likely hadn't met a Baratheon before now, it was Amshals hope he hadn't any knowledge of their reputation for being so loyal as they are stubborn. " In the end even if none of that should matter to you , the people of kingslanding know a king to be merciless thus a new king is assured to be received well if he is seen showing mercy to the queen who is now a widow." Amshal said before returning to silence. He was uncertain if his actions were within the rights of a commander in the guard. But it was hard to claim he was a knight of the realm if he didn't step in to protect a young woman in need even if that woman is a queen. He was relieved to see Merril approaching from the opposite end of the hall. She had been in the castle long before its current queen was born. There was little which unsettled the older woman. A steady comforting hand was what Belara could benefit from.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~ The following morning ~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Belara awoke still smelling the lavender that had been added to her bath by Merril the evening before. It seemed the hyperventilating she witnessed upon entering Belaras chambers had caused her to become concerned. Aside from the warm bath the woman had spent a longer time when brushing the queen's hair insisting that Belara would weather this man far better than the last as she had grown stronger with each trial. That though it would be hard as it always was she would find a way to enjoy the time that remained. The woman always seemed to believe in her even when her own will was faltering. After drinking the tonic Belara quickly fell into a deep sleep not to awaken until morning.

As her eyes cleared she found herself pressing up upon the mattress of the bed quickly in shock. Looking about the room her eyes widened further. There was no sign of the man. Her hand slowly ran over the other half of the bed. Not a sliver of warmth was found there. The covering were smooth as if untouched. Belara was truly beginning to believe that Aelor hadn't come in the night as she'd expected him to. She'd become so accustomed to unwanted nightly invaders that waking up untouched felt just as unsettling so strange as it was. The blanket was tightly held within her hands as she wondered if she should be fearful what might be planned in place of what she'd expected. Just then the door was opened, she could feel the pressure of her own nails within her palms as she tensed only to be relieved when she was Merril grasping a tray of food. " Wonderful, you're already looking so much brighter my lady. There can never be enough said for a good nights rest. Especially when combined with the powers of a heft meal." she said before placing the tray within the Belara's lap. Releasing the sheets she eased her shoulder down and began to eat. " Maybe today clinging to what you know will ease the coming changes." she went on offering the queen a smile. "For what it is worth my lady, I know you may not desire to be here, but there are many of us who are happy you will remain with us." the woman said before beginning to set out Belara's clothes for the day.

As she began to bite into the fruit Belara looked to the window in quiet contemplation. The words of Merril sinking in. Normalcy was tied to the familiar. There would be a new normal , that was for certain. So she should enjoy what she could while she could. If she had to be queen then she would continue, but only in the way she liked. " No, not those. Something lighter and shorter. I'll be doing a spreading of the bread today within the lower levels." she said before continuing to eat. " Of course my queen, I am certain your people will revel in your resilience." Merril said.

Soon enough the two ladies were wandering down the halls toward the castle gates. Belara still hadn't seen a sign of her future husband and had no intentions of pursuing it. He did not wish her to be angry with him, and she was obeying his desire. If she could not see the man she couldn't become enflamed with rage at the lies he'd told her. Beyond the doors stood a cart filled to the brim with bread , bags of rice and a random assortment of vegetables. The second cart was filled with jugs all of which contained fresh water. The queen knew it wasn't enough to hold forever but she believed even little contributions eased the burdens they felt. If there was any truth in what she'd heard of Aelor's people then more aid would come and soon no one would need to appear upon the first on the month with hands stretched out preying there'd be enough.

Looking down from above Amshal felt his heart begin to race. Was the woman mad ? he knew she'd been torn the day before but did that mean she'd truly lost all sense ? He knew his words would do little to dissuade her from the path. With a heavy sigh he quickly began moving through the halls toward the dining hall where he found Aelor. He paused struggling to get the words out," My King...." he said before shaking his head. " Queen Belara must be stopped. As we speak she is making her way to the lower levels. Many in kings landing hated the king so much as she did, but there are those who take her actions as treason. She should not be allowed beyond the keep until we have weeded out those who pose a danger to her." Amshal realized he was beginning to sound as if he was giving orders. "Excuse me My king, I simply wish to warn that you shall lose what you are so eager to keep if you allow her to go there." Amshal said feeling energized within his legs awaiting the opportunity to halt the queens advancement. " If she protests you can easily send someone else in her stead to avoid much discourse. I beseech you to take your power as king to do what I can not so she might be protected from herself." Amshal said before finally succumbing to silence.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Belara had guided the carts halfway through town when she felt as though eyes had fallen upon her. Whom they belonged to was revealed by the voice and words she heard. He spoke the common tongue but the accent was not to be missed and it would likely remain until the day he left westeros. Shifting her gaze she met his eyes. Within them was sincerity she was only used to seeing from those who'd served her family for years. " Yes , Merril gave me a tonic she says could bring a bear to rest in highs of summer. Of course that also meant I overslept this morning. Now I'm worried some of those who have the greatest need may no longer be there having been convinced we aren't coming." She said looking up ahead. Hopeful her mistake wouldn't hurt those she'd fought for.

" My guard ? I believe Amshal stated your first order of business as king was to reduce him to being your personal advisor." She paused for a moment allowing herself the first smile since it all began. " His words not mine, most men in Westeros would think it a great blessing and gain of power but he is a strange fellow in his own right. But none the less surprisingly I support your decision. What drives him is honor and the welfare of the kingdom. Sad as it is that is hard to find and also what will make him a good advisor to you." She said pausing the carts a moment to let people pass by in the rode. Though it was still difficult to find her footing she offered them a smile and reassuring wave. The work of a queen couldn't be delayed even after the loss of a king.

" You may think he dotes only upon me, but in truth he speaks well of anyone he deems worthy. In fact he seems to think I may have been right to bring you here even though initially he was one who cautioned me against it." The woman said before shaking her head slightly. " Although he said this shortly after mentioning another threat you made to my people." Belara still wasn't certain what to make of the man who walked beside her. There was a rage in him and that was what she'd feared from Rhodan. He continued to detail why he had come to join her and she nodded along. It wasn't unheard of that Amshal worried for her. All those of the kingdom did. She was the only one to survive so long as she had and Belara often believed that they all couldn't help but continue to worry they'd be left without a leader. Now that aelor was here perhaps they could finally rest easily.

Her lips were pursed as he repeated the vows he had read. The very same were used during her wedding. Belara had found some hope in that moment hearing rhodan say such a thing. " You may think those words funny, but I think they're beautiful, I can only imagine how much the person who first said them loved the person they said them too." She sighed. " I'm not do sure many have meant it the same way since. When they were said to me I didn't realize that veil was meant to keep out prying eyes hiding beatings filled with malice rather than sweet nothing affections." It was too soon to tell what would be within Aelors mind if he ever did come to say them to her. To some degree she hoped he'd utter different words she wanted to be as far away from her first wedding as was possible. Aelor had lied about setting her free, but he spoke the truth when it came to protecting her. Even Amshal had admitted he believed Aelors words were true when he said Belara wouldn't suffer. For a moment Belara's hane reached up to her neck. Grazing over the area she'd had powdered so heavily in the morning. He had protected her from death. That she could not deny.

His next question was answered by the cheering of the people. " We are here, these are the lower levels. Home to those my former husband preyed on most. Even when they have so little already he wanted to take what remained." She was able to say before the first approached the cart." Many blessings to you your highness." An older woman said smiling as Belars took the food from the cart beside her and passed it to her. " None needed, I only hope that with the support of the new king, I may do much more in the future and Kingslanding will grow to be better." Belara hoped seeing some of those who would harm following through with the threats might stay Aelors hand in the future. " I disagree, blessings to you as well your highness". She said offering Aelor a nod before disappearing into the crowd. There were many more than could be served by what the carts held. So sad as it was the commotion of days passed had kept people too busy to gather enough supplies. Even so the efforts continued. Belara did not enjoy turning some away, but she persisted . Those who were in good health were given a token to ensure on the next month's delivery they would be first so that this time those in greater peril would receive what they needed.

It hurt her heart to see some struggling to find the strength needed to take what was given to them. She felt guilty for not acting sooner against Rhodan. For a moment she paused to look toward Aelor and placed her hand upon his arm. " I was told you would give whatever I asked for, I want to take the opportunity to ask that you give me your word that you won't turn against them as the other king did. If you should grow angry with me then let me feel it on my skin, or replace me with another wife. But the innocent people of this kingdom don't deserve to be punished for my mistakes. Not a second time." She insisted before taking her hand away as one of the regulars approached. He was an older man, the correspondent who helped to arrange such events when Belara first began. " It is wonderful to see you queen Belara, I admit I did not believe that I would so soon after. . . . . " He paused noting the man beside her who was very clearly the new king. " Never the less it is brave and kind of you to come. I'm not certain many others would do the same." As a gesture of kindness the man reached out with both hands to pat the woman on both shoulders.

The kindness quickly soured as Belaras heart dropped feeling the pressure upon her shoulders too close to her neck. Her skin started to grow pale alongside labored breathing. " Queen Belara are you not well ?" The man asked squeezing his fingers on her shoulders to try and grab her attention. It was the catalyst to send her further from reality. Her eyes widened as she saw Rhodans face before her. It was all coming back. She jolted back away from the man and began frantically grabbing at her neck for hands which were not there. Backing further away from the man whose face was no longer his own. " What is wrong ? I swear i did not harm her." He said looking to Aelor and showing him bare hands free of weapons.

As she'd backed up further Belara bumped into a woman holding one of the gourds of water. As some spilled upon her she fell further. The wet clothes resembled the dress which had been splattered with blood so shortly after she'd been released. She blinked in desperation only for the scene to worsen. The peasants became the guards covered in their own blood within the grand hall. No matter where she looked there was a walking corpse. " STAY AWAY ! " she screamed before beginning to push her way through the crowd seeking refuge. Reaching the edge she felt as though she couldn't breathe. Belara still carried herself further into the slums. Her movements slowed when she reached an alley. Ducking within she lowered herself along the wall until she was crouched down with both hands covering her eyes. With hands and lids robing her eyes of all vision she still clearly saw the scene of the coup. " I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry." She kept repeating as she rocked shaking her head wanting to be freed of it. Trying to drive out the feelings by tiring her body with movement" Make it go away ~ please go away~". She was caught within her own memory unable to escape. A true sign that no matter the title or riches a person couldn't escape the sickness of a mind hurt by death having touched it. Not without rest and recovery. While Merril had meant well in subduing the woman for the night she'd given the queen false confidence that she was capable of facing the world again so soon after she nearly stopped being a part of it. Belara was crying yet again when shed worked hard to be a master of her emotions the last few years. There was no certainty of whether her heart or lungs were working harder to send the minds message that she was in perril.

Last edited:
Sample 12

The concept of this roleplay was a yakuza gal who found herself having to think on her feet when a close friend ended up witnessing something they shouldn't. There's only a few ways to escape the bullet for the sake of silence and she just might have found one. Unfortunately it's just the kind of thing that would turn her world upside down.

1711597949212.png
Takara stood wondering if she was about to make the right decision . . . .

The men whose bodies surrounded her certainly hadn't arrived at the right one, then again she couldn't be all too sure they made the choice. They had someone else who did the thinking for them. Yet in the end she whole heartedly believed the events would have transpired nearly the same. These sorts tended to be predictable and that's what made it easier than one might expect for a woman like her to navigate the underworld she'd been born into. Hayashi Takara, second born in the third living generation of the Hayashi Yakuza family. Though many assumed her to be first considering she'd made more riveting moves than her sibling who'd just walked in with an expression of concern. He'd quickly closed the gap between them only to place a hand on each of her cheeks before twisting her head about to asses the damage. An audible sigh was heard from the man who'd be considered to be tall even beyond the borders of the rising sun. Her cheek was hanging shades and warm to the touch from the impact of a fist. " I am fine, they are not, and he likely won't be much longer if you let Botan point that gun in his face much longer." she said glancing over to the man who'd just been introduced to the part of her she'd neglected to show him before now.

"Well damn Takara I didn't have to wait till Himura got here, If ya wanted me to shoot all you had to do was say so" Botan said before clicking off the safety
" WAIT !!!!! That's not what i meant !!!" Takara said only to realized she'd yelled so loud every eye within the room was now on her.

30 minutes earlier that evening ~

there hadn't been a sense of urgency. The Nagareboshi was in a lul with just a handful of patrons below dancing whilst Takara was alone with Kohaku, the tried and true drink slinger of the establishment. Memories of her mother had caused her to crawl into the bar but he'd been the reason she'd repeated her visits so frequently she'd achieved the status of a regular. Initially she couldn't place her finger on what the draw was, but with time she came to realize it was a serenity of a man who was relaxed whilst still maintaining an aura of strength.

She hadn't said it at the time but it was pretty hot when he'd puffed out his chest before snatching up the shot of sake which would have put her over the edge. Even more so when he hadn't yielded upon her climbing over the bar insisting she'd retrieve it by any means necessary. That had been one of the interesting evenings for certain but it would pale in comparison to this one.

They'd been discussing whether tattoos born of impulse were better than ones which had been growing in the recesses of someone's mind for ages before taking form on the skin. Takara had landed upon the side favoring those with meaning as her own were very much a part of her very creed. As was true for most of the yakuza. " By all means , any tattoos got potential to be sexy, but I'm always going to prefer it when someone tells me how it all came to be. There's only so many times i want to hear about that drink having pushed them over the edge before they rolled into a parlor and kissed their ink virginity goodbye." she was near to divulging her own intentions for future additions when they were interrupted by a man sitting right beside her.

" I'll take a sapporro and one for the lady as well." he then lifted up his hand and motioned four. " Actually add four more for my friends who are coming." as his hand had come up Takara had noted the symbol upon it. He hailed from the Nagina gang, the one who wished they had a seat at the table to claim a precinct but really just rummaged about for scraps picking up things the families were too preoccupied to be bothered with. " You know i thought about playing nice but I decided I don't like waiting so I'm using the direct approach. Either come to the table or find yourself underneath it bleeding out." bold , yes, but also incredibly stupid. There was a twitch at her lips before she responded

"Certainly i wouldn't want to make the bartender turn into a janitor, pick a table and I'll join you I just have to settle up my own bill. Don't worry I'll bring the drinks with me." Her lips now grew firm as she struggled to keep an expression of compliance. " Please settle me up Haku don't want to keep the man waiting." she said nodding her head that she genuinely needed him to do as she asked. When the check arrived she signed the bottom adding the little note that said 'duck'. she pushed it in his direction before lifting up the beers.

" Coming....." as she approached the table.

" Takara I'm so pleased to see you finally know your place." that's when the woman finally cracked and started laughing.

" I always have, it right over idiots like you who need to be reminded of theirs." she didn't give the man a chance to respond before she took one of the beer bottles and smashed it against his head before she hit the other against the edge of the table. Her jagged broken bottle was then jabbed into the back of the mans neck. One was down as four more were coming in through the door. She hadn't the time to reach her purse for the small gun tucked inside so she had to retreat to think. pushing over the table she ducked behind it as she quickly patted the body down. The man didn't have a damn thing ! of course he wouldn't he was the talker and they were the pain. Taking in a deep breathe she looked about one more time as a few bullets went into the back of the table. The men realized she hadn't return fire and it became clear to them she was empty handed. Then it hit her, while the heels had been her enemy the times she stumbled downstairs they would be turned into wing woman today. Taking them off she held one in each hand. As the first man rounded the side of the table she lunged out and took the stilettos right to his eyes. When his body became limp she twisted around and made sure the corpse was between her and the three remaining assailants. As they shot she dipped down lowering the body shield with her to retrieve the gun he'd dropped. The playing field had equalized and now she was ready to clean up. As they paused to reload she dropped body and went for head shots. Two more kills were secured before she found her own magazine to be empty. Looked like this would be finished with the old fashioned way. Throwing the empty gun at her last opponent she lunged forward into a grapple with him so she could bring him to the ground. But she'd missed and gotten nailed in the cheek. Takara blocked the next swing and swept under him with her leg. By now she was breathing hard as she relentlessly beat down on his face with her fist until not a sliver of air was coming out of him.

Stumbling she got back onto her feet only to step on one of the glass shards.
" Shit !"

With that they were back in the present ~

Everything had gone to shit when when the snitches of the streets had reported a commotion kicking off at the Nagareboshi which explained how her family members had appeared so quickly.

Now she didn't even have a chance to negotiate silence with Kohaku as they were going to make sure of it by blowing his brains out. " Why do you want me to wait now ! We don't have time for this." Botan said shaking the gun a bit impatiently.

" You know there's rules Takara so what reason is there to break them today ? you can get a martini somewhere else . You'll get used to it." her brother said.

" I certainly can get the drink somewhere else , yes, but not him." Takara said trying to buy time to pull it together.

At this point Botan was laughing," Takara, I could easily find you a couple rookies to replace him if you give me lets say two days . So lets move on here shall we ~"

tik tik tik she was out of time. " HE'S MY FIANCE !" that's when the hand with the gun finally fell. There weren't words to describe the expressions they all wore." He's my fiancé' so he is family or going to be very soon. The rule doesn't apply to family. So please if you would please stop pointing your gun at my future husband that'd be perfect. Especially since I'd no longer have to find one to use on you later." she said before motioning to the door. " Now lets get the hell out of here please." she said taking a step only to be reminded of the glass in her foot. " This fucking SUCKS!" and she had no idea just how much her little hail mary was going to suck. Who knew maybe till death do us part would come before the wedding was even planned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back