Other Need Some Advice On Creating A Beast Rider Clan Backstory

BIG AL

Ok so this is my first time to play this Warrior Kit, well ok any Warrior Kit for that matter.

My Character is a Dwarf Fighter/Theif Beast Rider

Option One Dire Wolf
Option Two Giant Cave Lizard
Option Three Giant Tropical Lizard

1 was my first choice but it seems that it may be a bit difficult to accomplish because of the weight allowances for the Dire Wolf my Dwarf is roughly 150 pounds before he spawns any Clothes or Equipment and Armor.
Third is the Giant Tropical Lizzard I am leaning this way because of the ability for my mount to climb walls and even trees this could be a huge benefit to quick get aways ot sneak attacks.

Second which is Really my Favorite also has a small issue Rule wise. They cant fo out in sunlight or if they do they loose the majority of their movement plus he will not be able to see.

Which is why I seeking help from your wealth of Knowledge.

I would really like to build a backstory that depicts the characters clan as having some way of allowing the Cave Lizzard to come out of the darkness with out penalty...... any suggestions on how I might accompish this?

The cave was as dark black the kind of black darkness that was thick like a fence fog' but it was the kind of darkness that Yourge Redbeard loved. He could see in dark places but this kind of darkness gave his darkvision even more clearness and sharpness than any other type of darkness. He had been in the cave system for months now. Soon it would be over he would return to the temple and resume his service to his clan as the Arch Priest, but not now, now all he could think of was his task now at hand and that was Euphoria the giant cave lizard he had been tracking forn months now.
She was sleeping now but soon she would wake, and she'll be hungry. Thought Yourge as he waited for his prize to fall into his trap. He had named her Euphoria because of her beauty and strength.
Euphoria has proven to be a worthy opponent. She was very clever and unpredictable at times. This time however he was certain he would be the victor of their game of wits. She had only one way out if this small crevasse and he was certian this time he would suceed.
Twice before he had been close to a victory but she surprised him the first time. When she sprung from the floor of the cave to the wall and then disappeared into a tunnel, then in another attempt he had managed to surprise her but underestimated her strength it was a long battle of power and grit on his part eventually Euphoria was able to break free of his net and ropes.
He heard her long before the first glimpse now the wait was almost over the battle would begin soon. His blood was rushing much like that of blood lust a warrior gets just before a huge battle with Orcs or Goblins. His heart was pumping his blood faster and harder the heat of the battle was just about to begin. As he waited for her arrival.
Euphoria open her eyes her stomach quivered it was time to eat, she knew just where to go for night worm larvae. She rose and started moving towards the opening of the main cavern, which was the fastest way to get to the large wet place. It was there she would find the larvae. She was so hungry she coukd could almost taste the night worm now, they were her favorite. She was coming to the main cavern now her tongue springing out to check for unseen dangers.
Not detecting anything she slowly made her way thought the small opening that led into the cavern it was a tight fit but it kept her safe. Just as she was clear of the cravas opening and fully in the cavern she felt a hard blow like the cave roof had fell down upon her then she heard him!

"FOR THE GLORY OF MORADIN I SHALL PREVAIL IN YOUR HONOR!"

So hungry and now she had to deal with him again was he ever going to leave her alone. How could something so small be so strong she thought to herself. A strange feeling came over her and vision started to dim.
The weight on her had her pinned unable to move, it was so heavy she could barely move. She knew now it was not the rock from above she had been in that situation before, no this was different much different but what was it. Then another blow this time a more familiar one, one she had felt once before, it was him the hairy short one he had used his body to strike her not as powerful but still enough to notice.
All the while the light in her eyes and all around her was fading, and now she felt a strange sensation it was dizzying but also togetherness at the same time.
She tried again to break free but the weight of the object that hit her was just as heavy and she could feel no weakness in its hold upon her. Darkness and this strange feeling grew ever more powerful she was fading.
He had been waiting for weeks for this opportunity and now the wait was almost over His first sight was her tongue jutting out of the opening and disappearing just as quickly. she had used her tounge often , he suspected she could do more than eat with her impressively quick tongue.
He had seen her snatch a cave beatle from the top of a rock that was a good 12 feet from her in the blink of an eye. She could suprise attack with that tounge of hers and use it to grab her victims, and then bring her pray to her mouth.
He had also seen her used it as if testing her path for that unseen danger around the corners of a entrances of a tunnel or a craven. There she was just about in place it will not be long now. Then she will be in his grasp, it has been a long wait but one he had planned for and worked out all possible escape routes, this time she would be the one to taste defeat.
She was nearly out now just a few more feet and his trap would be revealed she would had no way to get free this time. He started counting as he watched she move closer to the perfect spot and he would release the net. ""3" he thought as he counted down in his mind, the chains were strong the best he had ever made and unlike.. "2" the rope and stone weighted net he tried before this one was heavy "1" … it would be large enough to cover almost her entire body… almost "NOW !" His mind screamed as she moved into the target area, He pulled on the level and released the net of chains with anchors of barbed grappling hooks. They would grab the jagged rocks below her and not give if she struggled.

He jumped from the outcropping ledge from above her yelling at the top of his lungs as he flew to the back of his prey.

"FOR THE GLORY OF MORADIN I SHALL PREVAIL IN YOUR HONOR!"

He yelled at the top of his lungs as he sped downward towards her, he landed not but a few feet short of his mark, it was a good landing, solid and on mark for the most part. After collecting himself, he started to gather his feet he felt the blood lust fading, what is happening he thought to himself, it was as if he was suddenly struck with a sleep or dizziness spell.
How could he have missed this power the creature had. Then it was as if it was getting darker how could thus be, his wonderful darkvision was failing him as he was falling deeper into sleep.
Yourge opened his eyes he was lying face down it was strange he felt a wonderful feeling of peace and togetherness and then at the same time he was starving! How could he be hungry now of all times…. "Because I have not had food for weeks that's why."

Yourge’s then realized how it was possible just as the feeling of togetherness was increasing as well as respect and love!
It was as if he was transforming or expanding within his mind. He was hearing the thoughts and feelings of someone or something becoming someone else. Then he realized it was not someone or something it was her Euphoria! He could feel she was starving and that she too was having the same feelings about him as he was of her, and now he was hungry sa well.
He sitting up he realized he had to help her he had to get her to the big wet place. Hang on Euphoria I will get you free if this net. He slid off the side of her and started removing the chains. She watched him he was trying
To free her, she was thinking, look how beautiful he is and so strong and so vulnerable it occured to her that all that mattered to her was that his safety and needs first and foremost.
Finally he managed to get enough of the chains off where she could move. She slid out from under the chains, as he held a them up off of her. Once free she turned and faced him. Oh she was hungry so hungry but that did not matter he was all that matter for now.

He look up at her smiling. Euphoria where is the big wet place you need to eat how do we get there. He said as he stood there looking up at her. As the feeling of togetherness and love for her grew he soon came to realize just how he truly felt about her, look how beautiful she is and so strong and so vulnerable it occured to him that all that mattered to him was that her safety and needs came first and foremost.

She nodded and starting moving towards the underground lake.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back