Necromancy School

Samhaia sat upon her ornate chair in the dining hall of the castle. She was staring into a small bowl of what looked like soup, but she seemed to be staring too intently for the liquid to be nothing. She moves her hands over the liquid to adjust the picture being shown on the surface. It was of the coronation of the king. Samhaia smiles as the king beheads the advisor. "It is that time is it not?" She says to herself. "The hunt begins and my plans will come to fruition. My students will be ready."

Samhaia scoots her chair out and stands up. She may not look like much to any normal human, but inside the body of a 12 year old girl stood a very old and very powerful witch with the ability to transfer her soul into other hosts allowing her to live for centuries. The island was protected by an ancient curse that Samhaia set up. Whenever someone who does not have a crystal with her magic within it, the curse activates causing the dead buried on the island to rise from their slumber and assault the intruders. Most intruders are added to the defenses of island. Samhaia was a very traditional woman and so any convenience of the modern age (phones, electronics, etc), were not allowed. She was convinced to allow running water and toilets into the castle though.

She strolls into the main hall where all of the girls were sitting around tables eating breakfast and studying. "Today is a good day my young students. The king has declared that all witches are to be hunted and killed. I know you are all ready to take on this challenge and I know you are all the strongest students of any school."

Sarah was a little frightened at Samhaia's speech. She'd known the Crown Prince was against magic, but to have gone this far... "Headmistress, how can you say that? This is a black day for all of us! The King has decreed that we are to be rounded up and slaughtered like cattle! What are we to do?" The young necromancer was nearly in tears from panic. So much for a good first impression. This was all just far too sudden for her.

Last edited:
Rika aka Didrika, was reading one of the books she borrowed from the library from a few days ago. Students were obviously overwhelmed with the news and it seemed to peek her interest. 'Hunt for witches...' she thought, looking down at a picture of a witch being burned in a pit of fire while all villagers surround and watch the death of the wicked being. Other students question and some were just whispering to one another on what to do right now. Worrying if they will be hunter easily as well. 'Maybe I should practice with my spells as well...' she thought before closing the book and puts it back inside her bag and stands up. Turns to face the headmistress, even if she may looked young, she still had much respect for her but still she had her guard on. She stared at Samhaia and thought of what was going through that head of hers right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back