Nation Building pros, care to teach a newbie?

Obsessed

Braiiness
I'm really interested on Nation Building rps but I can't seem to understand how it works? Can someone teach me how it works, aside from players building their own country/kingdom and stuff? If you know what I mean?

Thank you.

Obsessed said:
I'm really interested on Nation Building rps but I can't seem to understand how it works? Can someone teach me how it works, aside from players building their own country/kingdom and stuff? If you know what I mean?
Thank you.
the biggest thing is to make a radical plotline for your country that's believable and makes sense. You want your country to be big and important but not the most powerful, that way you can maneuver but don't godmod. You want ot explain "why" very deeply. I made on this site an insect industrialist race in the mountains once, and they were put there because they were physically not as strong as some other races ,but were clever. But since they were ugly, nobody would trade with them and they developed an internal economy and separate development of industrial technologies, etc. Another great idea I saw was a Basque Empire, or a China still being communist in the early 2000s. Experiment and play around. I'd go on wikipedia about whatever setting you want and put in a ton of references. Valhalla? Look up the gods. Want to restore the Russian monarchy? Create the house of Brezhnev.

Making a kingdom is the easy part, afterwards I find it next to impossible to play a decent game. I was in the same game as the insect nation and we spend weeks building alliances and trade-agreements. in fact, we did it so well nobody posted anything once the game started since there was no conflict. So you might want to play proactively instead of reactionary, or have at least one nation to be so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back