Naomi Marie Thalassa

The Succubi Queen

Ethereal Goddess
tumblr_static_tumblr_static_2yx1ylnls12cc0k4sw4k0kg4w_640.png

Character Name: Naomi Marie Thalassa, Crown Princess of the Marine Queendom

Desired Position: Representative: Princess

Country of Origin: Marine Queendom (commonly referred to as the Marine Kingdom)

Hair / Fur: Black with a blue undertone

Eyes: Blue

Height: 5’8

Weight: 137lbs

Other Distinguishing Traits?: Naomi has the tattoo on the left on her back, spanning from just below her neck to right about her hips http:/:/vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/kushiel/images/9/9e/Gentian_marque_by_elegaer.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140215203258

She also has a scar on her hip, and while she’s not secretive about it, only those closest to her have seen it, and thereby have asked about it. (She got it while playing with her friends in the streets- she fell onto a rock and cut her hip open.)

Romance and Partners?: Yes, Naomi has danced with men and women, but for the sake of the competition (and possible marriage) she will seek out a male partner. In the Marine Queendom, same-sex marriages are common, but Naomi is expected to produce an heir, and is therefore limited if she is seriously considering marriage. She has been rumored of many romances, with many genders and races, but she has never formally been courted.

She'll never admit it, not even to herself, but that's another reason she wanted to come to the Cendrillion Ball- the fantasy of being swept off her feet by a romantic foreigner at a ball? She coudn't make that up if she tried! After all, the road to dance is the road to roses- and nothing is more romantic than dance and roses.

Position on the Rebellion?: Neutral- the Marine Queendom is not well informed enough to have any real opinion on the Rebellion. Due to past tendencies, is it likely Naomi (and eventually the Queendom) will take a Pro-rebellion stance.

Personality: Naomi is constantly smiling, both in and out of court, for often for different reasons. In court, she is well-spoken, if blunt, and always willing to provide her opinion. Outside of it, she is boisterous and rambunctious, and even mischevious. She has learned in court to present her ideas with a sort of eloquence, but in her heart she’s a bit of a spoiled liberal, believing anyone who disagrees with her is uneducated or simply hateful.

She tends to temper her liberal mindset in court (even for the politically free Marine Queendom, she’s a bit too open-minded), but if you find her outside of it, she’s quick to badmouth “Backwards Hicks trying to live like we don’t have an Council!”

Perhaps a little bit too immature for her own good, she tends to speak her mind plainly, even when she ought not too, and while she is a prankster, her games tend to be on the childish side of things. Naomi is a fiery optimist, who lives in a bit of a bubble. She’s certainly naive, in a great many ways, and has a lot of growing up to do. She appreciates honesty and kindness in her friendships, and while she has very few close friends, she’s always been rather popular- whether because of her personality or her status, she neither knows nor cares.

Biography: Naomi did take all the traditional Princess Classes- Language, Dance, Maths, etc. But she also had a much better teacher: the common folk of her kingdom. Naomi was given free reign of the capital of Roseri (so long as she was accompanied by a chaperone) and learned how to lead from the children she played with on the streets, and the adults who opened their hearts to the tiny Princess. She’s better at cheating at dice than she is at playing chess, and she’s the best solo dancer in the land, having learned the common form of Kyma dancing from every traveling dancer she could gain an audience with (an easy enough task when you’re crown princess). She also became a bit of a teacher, regaling her playmates with her history lessons about the mainland, adding necessary embellishment to encourage her friends to share her passion for seeing the world outside of their island. Of course, Naomi herself never left Roseri, even as her friends grew up and took on fishing careers, and even sailed to the other side of the island on grand adventures.

As she grew older, the demands of being a Princess began to weigh heavier, and while her days in the street grow few and far between, and her entourage has grown too large to allow her any real freedom in the city, she still remembers the lessons she learned there. She grew up hearing from her people that she would “make real change” once she became queen, and from her parents that she would be “a true queen of the people”- Naomi genuinely believes that once she ascends the throne, she can easily fix her nation’s social and economic problems. She knows what her people need because she has heard it from them, and she has the power to provide it because she has been gifted it from birth. She misses the joy and rough and tumble lifestyle that she had as a child, but a part of her knows that this is simply how things must be, as Crown Princess. She will use her power as Queen to solve the inequality in the Marine Queendom.

When the opportunity arose for the Marine Kingdom to send a representative to the Cendrillion Ball- Naomi jumped at the chance. She had learned of it, and she wanted it more than anything- a grand adventure in a far off land before she settled down to be queen of her people for the rest of her life. She’s filled with curiousity and a sense of adventure, and if her parents had no agreed to send her, she likely would have run off in a fishing boat to go herself.

Family:
Queen Antonia Marie Thalassa: Naomi's Mother, age 52, is the current Queen and head of the Marine Council. A rather loving mother, she tried her best with Naomi and her brothers, and while she always made sure her children knew they were loved, it was not always easy to be Queen and Mother. Her political tendencies are mostly Neutral- on the current Marine topic of Expansion, she leans against the Expansionist party, but she is not entirely against seeking out new trade. She is both political and social, and makes a point to entertain leaders of both parties, and encourages Naomi to engage in political discourse, even if her naive daughter sometimes missteps.

Prince Regent Alika Thalassa: Naomi's father and husband to Queen Antonia, age 48. A jovial man who claims he isn't interested in politics, he is the light in the Thalassa family's life. Always quick with a quip or a game to play, he plays a large role in maintaining the Thalassa family's social image. However, despite his friendly nature, he is secretly a man of deep political conviction, and while he doesn't always agree with his wife, he knows that their relationship is no place for politics. His influence is a huge part of Naomi's fiery convictions and passion for justice.

Prince Roberto Thalassa: Firstborn son of Queen Antonia, 29. Mostly a political mover and shaker, he and his family are thick as thieves. He's a lifetime scholar, and spends much of his time in Aquatis, studying anything he can get his hands on, and spends most of his free time writing Expansionist Pamphlets and pushing the party's goals in Aquatis. He and is married to a Goat Arie name Ame, the daughter of well-reputed politicians in Aquatis.

Councilman Hanalie Thalassa: Second Son of Queen Antonia, 26. A bright ambitious boy, from a young age he was never fully satisfied with his place as second son, or with the knowledge that whatever girl was born after him would be queen. When Naomi reached age 16, he formally left the family, moving into a house of his own and opening a small rice trading company. On both the repute of his company and his knowledge as a prince, he quickly gained a political following and became a forerunner of the Embargist party. Currently, he holds one of the major seats in Council, and visits his family on business matters only, as Councilman Hanalie. He still maintains a mostly friendly relationship with Naomi, despite his bitterness at her position.

Important Non-Family:
Councilman Milos Kameha: Leader of the Expantionists, a councilman from the Port of Wela, and a Cat Faunus, age 26. Riding a wave of popularity from the western half of the country, he is the most formidable political figure in Roseri currently, second only to the Queen in sheer influence. He is a skilled speaker and a passionate man, and he and Naomi became very quick friends at the first Council Dinner they met at- perhaps too quick. He is mostly responsible for Naomi's dreams of seeing the world, and there are rumors all across the Kingdom that if she does not find a husband at the Cendrillion Ball, that he will ask for her hand.

Dance Level: Naomi is a skilled dancer, but her ballroom skills will likely be rather.. Dated, or even strange. Traditional dance has changed little in the Marine Queendom, so I would likely put her at a 3 or 4. Skilled, but not as nuanced or appealing as someone who understands modern Roserasian Dance. She has a female dance partner back home, and is also accomplished in an old Marine Dance from before the Queendoms’s establishment called Kyma.

Naomi will be looking for a dance partner.

Magic Level: N/A

Last Year's Cendrillion Ball: N/A

Goals: The Marine Queendom has been absolute in its policies against outside politics since the first Cendrillion Ball- however, as the nation reaches new heights of economic prowess, a debate rages across the land: is it time to resume connection with the Main Land? This year's Cendrillion Ball is a chance for Naomi to figure out the answer to that question. The event is the perfect chance to learn what the Mainland has been up to since the "parting," and while the Marine Queendom doesn't hope to enact much change, they hope to learn what might be the best plan for the future of their own nation, both economically and politically. While it is not wise to send the Crown Princess off alone to a foreign land, local politicians, outdated tradition, and Naomi's own begging have convinced the Queen and Prince Consort to allow her to take a boat to the mainland alone.

Of course, Naomi has her own rather fanciful plans- she wants to take Euthalia and Roserasia by storm and show the whole world what they've been missing with their "horribly historic" practices, and to prove to her own family that she is ready for real politics- if she can be the best diplomat at the Cendrillion Ball, she can easily be Queen, right?

Role: N/A

Extra: Naomi is roughly inspired by a million characters- the most prominent inspirations as of late are: Rafya from Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice, and Moana. Previous Inspiration included Rapunzel, and Yang from RWBY. I know, none of these characters have anything in common, just roll with it, she makes sense somehow, I think.

Optional: “I’m sure there’s a way my duty and my happiness can be one in the same- I just have to find it.”

Last edited:
Note: Naomi doesn't know anyone, so this is just random guesses based on gender, appearance, and vague overview of their personality. These are subject to change drastically based on interaction, even within the first few days of the RP

~ Relationship Journal ~

NameAttractionThoughts
Evalyn Euthalia
Romance: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ Friendship: ★★★★★★★★★ ---
Klaus Mathis Diefenbach
Romance: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ Friendship: ★★★★★★★★★ ---
Rosalein Katharina Diefenbach
Romance: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ Friendship: ★★★★★★★★★★ ---
Luciano Barbosa
Romance: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ Friendship: ★★★★★★★★★★ ---
Tristan Thaddeus Sinclair
Romance: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ Friendship: ★★★★★★★★★★---
Dahlia Lenore Sinclair
Romance: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ Friendship: ★★★★★★★★★★---
Naomi Marie Thalassa
Romance: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ Friendship: ★★★★★★★★★★That's me! I mean, I'm pretty great, but I can't say I have a strong relationship with myself? Or is it more that I have such a strong relationship with myself I can't put it into words?
Asuran Dorix
Romance: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ Friendship: ★★★★★★★★★★---
???
???
Kiefer Arlie Avescamp

Diplomacy Journal : NOTE- ALL of these accounts are dated, since Naomi's only source of information are 400 year old textbooks.

~ Diplomacy Journal ~

CountryThoughts
Euthalia
Well, as long as they aren't inviting me to the ball as part of some ploy at Empire, I think I'll like it there- I hear the architecture is beautiful, and honestly, it'd be a dream come true to dance at Waltz Castle. I think the whole Ball is a bit of a power trip, but I see no reason not to go. Why deny myself the only adventure I might ever have?
Rameria
That big nation just to the southwest of The Marine Queendom... I can't say I know much about them- they Diefenbach's still rule there? I can't imagine enjoying any stuck up Prince or Princess who's got absolute power- it just seems a little old-fashion, wouldn't you say? Though since they're so close, I suppose I'll have to take the time to learn more about them...
Galleria
Galleria did not exist at the time of the Great Migration, so Naomi has no knowledge of this country.
Greedo
TBA as Lore Develops
Marine
A really nice country! It's got wonderful people and a well maintained government, as well as a wide variety of resources ripe for trade! If only they were more open to the outside world... Oh wait! I'm going to change that!
Dorimun
They have the magic school, right! That's so amazing! I have a lot of Arie friends in the city who know some basic magic- but a real Academy for it? It's almost too impressive to be true- I'd love to visit sometime- it's a tiny little country, so I can't imagine a trip there would take too long- maybe I can sneak away from Euthalia for a few days...
Sea Republic
TBA as Lore Develops
Nezzie
Just another nation that wants to rule the world- sure, I can't say they're worse than Euthalia, but I can't say I'm interested in a nation built on military strength. Of course, they're also pretty close to us, so I probably have to get to know their representative at least.
Lepumir
Well, there's a lot I've read about it! The Cradle of Man, where the first people of Roserasia arose eons ago. They used to be part of the Nezzie Empire, but I think a place as historic is that is better off on it's own, isn't it? I can't say I know much in particular, but most of my old legends are set there- and the Sea Witch, Goddess of all Life, is from there! I hope they send a powerful Arie to the Ball! Or even a Witch, wouldn't that be fantastic!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back