Shadow Cursed
Picture:

Nao.jpg

Name: Nao Fujimoto

Height: 5'4"

Weight: 150 pounds

Academy: Esprit

Year: Second 

Spirit Power: SE/DE absorption: Nao has the unique ability to absorb Spirit Energy as well as Demon Energy within a ten foot radius around him, so long as it's not contained within a person. This increases his physical capabilities beyond that of a normal human, but transcends just strengthening him. Since his involvement with DE, he gains a temporary secondary SP when he absorbs enough of the two energies in combination or massive quantities of either.

Demonic Physiology: Nao's body can only withstand so much energy and can only grow stronger up to the limits of the average human. However, after his first time experiencing DE, Nao has gained the ability to transcend the limitations of humanity, by letting the energies in his body make him look like a demon. Within these forms, his SE/DE consumption is greatly increased, but so is his overall power and skill. However, each transformation loses some of the power to absorb DE/SE. In his final form, Nao has no access to this ability whatsoever.

Eye Color: Green

Hair Color: Black

Description:

First Change:
Nao Stage 2.jpg

Final Change:

Final Nao.jpg

Sexuality: Heterosexual

Relationships: None as of yet

Likes: Strong opponents, hunting monsters and pushing himself beyond his limits.

Dislikes: People mentioning the bones permanently attached to the outside of his head, being looked at with pity, and signs of weakness.

Strengths: Heavily resistant to all SE/DE attacks while at his weakest physical state, Incredibly powerful, physically, once transfomed, but more vulnerable to SE/DE attacks, and incredible perseverance

Weaknesses: Generally insensitive towards others, and can get into a drunken bloodlust state if he absorbs too much DE.

Personality: Nao comes off as an indifferent individual, speaking as if nothing truly concerns him. He does everything in his power to hide his emotions behind a wall of cold reserve, despite how powerful his feelings are. However, his true thoughts are a mixture of violence and hatred towards adepts and happy people as well as monsters. He feels the most at home when blood coats his blade and people are begging him for mercy. Nao's way of interacting with another is to simply state the facts or his opinions with no filter and no regard for how the other person will react. If he believes you're weak, he'll tell you. If he believes that your dream is a fool's errand, then he'll crush your hope under his foot.

History:

Nao wasn't always the bloodthirsty monster in sheep's clothing. Before and even when he first started attending Esprit, Nao was a fairly likable guy. He trained and worked hard because his power meant he'd have to primarily fight with swords or guns. He took a pretty keen liking to the sword, namely katana's and the like. He trained hard and received recognition when he managed to adapt his power over his sword in order to use it to drain SE from within a target slow long as the blade was in the person. So a slash across the ribs would do more than hurt, it would steal SE.

However, for all his recognition and success, the faculty never felt that Nao was ready for an advancement test. Frustrated by this, Nao left Royal City without saying a word. For days, he roamed out into the wilderness, searching for a monster to slay and prove that he could be a second year. Nao got his wish for certain. Nao came across a fairly powerful monster that had just come out of the darkness not too long ago. The fight, ultimately, was one sided in favor of the monster. However, Nao got a lucky strike upon the beast with his sword and began to absorb the DE of the monster. The sudden increase in power and strength intoxicated Nao. He mercilessly began to attack and consume the beast until it was nothing more than ribbons of meat about him.

Nao was overcome with joy at what he'd done, but his body wasn't able to handle the power. It transformed him to look more like the demon he'd slain. Drunk on this desire, Nao set out and found more monsters. With each kill he grew stronger and the strain of the excessive energy in his body, forcing another transformation out of him. This change didn't last forever though as Nao's consumption of DE became massive and he eventually blacked out from overexertion. When he awoke, he was once again himself and back in Esprit. He'd been gone for nearly a year, but the fact remained that he'd been out slaying monsters and the proof was obvious. He now had a demonic skull piece over top his head.

He was interrogated while in the presence of some psychologists upon his awakening. During this time, Nao spoke in a very hushed tone as he spoke of a "monster" that he'd witnessed doing terrible things to other monsters and people. The psychologists believed that the stress of the situation had caused severe trauma to Nao and informed the faculty that there were to be no tests to check for DE contamination as the tests might be too stressful for him and send him back into a coma. The psychologists also were the ones to suggest his return to the less stressful environment of Esprit Academy. Since then, Nao hasn't changed how he retells the story and is forced to go to weekly therapy sessions to make sure he's not going to relapse at any time.

Other: Nao's body develops a hole in its chest as it absorbs more energy. Once it fully opens, his body forcibly transforms. In his final form, the hole is a permanent quality showing the lack of a heart within Nao.

@Thalia_Neko

Last edited by a moderator:
it says they found no DE corruption in him, but he definitely sounds like a Dark Adept to me

Also nearly immune to DE/SE sounds pretty op, so.. id change that satisfactorily if I were you. :)

Also, Im gunna ask, Kiroshiven, if you'd tone his powers down just a bit. I mean, I like the idea, but right now it seems a bit OP.

@Thalia_Neko I think the changes have balanced him out, let me know if I still need to reword some things or alter the history in any way.

if he cant absord se from others, wheres he getting it from exactly? :P  i mean a lot of stuff runs off of SE, but is he like stealing it from light fixtures, the barrier, stuff like that?

also so hes a Dark Adept right? Since he has DE within him? But the staff just ignores this and allows him to roam the school, knowing hes a dangerous being?

if he cant absord se from others, wheres he getting it from exactly? :P  i mean a lot of stuff runs off of SE, but is he like stealing it from light fixtures, the barrier, stuff like that?

also so hes a Dark Adept right? Since he has DE within him? But the staff just ignores this and allows him to roam the school, knowing hes a dangerous being?

They don't know that he's got DE within him. The psychologists prevented them from testing that because of the fact that they believe he's suffering from PTSD and didn't want him, if he wasn't affected by it, to slip back into a coma. He's still a human after all. Then they pushed the idea that returning to school would be helpful in his recovery. Once he was deemed "suitable for testing" by the therapists, they'd allow the tests to be done, but they have yet to say that. So they're skeptical about him being a dark adept, but they have no conclusive proof.

As for his power, it's more so from when others use their abilities. Once the SE is out of a fixture, like when Gail uses Holy Lance or creates tornadoes. He absorbs the SE from those style of abilities. So he's vulnerable to someone like Ophelia who's SE has manifested in giving her all physical prowess, but lacking anything else. He can't absorb SE that's contained. However, if someone made a copy of themselves with their SE, then he could disperse the copy by absorbing it. Or cause a boulder that was flying at him because of a Geokinetic SP to lose its momentum as the force driving it would be gone. That's where he's getting the power from, only when others use it. Same with the beasties, however, should he strike it with his blade while he focuses his power, he can absorb SE/DE kept within a person or body. But striking a light fixture with a metal sword screams bad idea.

Okay, so they dont know hes a dark adept, okay gotcha.

But wait, you're saying he takes SE from peoples SE-powered attacks? Isnt that op? lol

like what could gail do to him, if he just pulls all se from her abilities?

@Kiroshiven

Okay, so they dont know hes a dark adept, okay gotcha.

But wait, you're saying he takes SE from peoples SE-powered attacks? Isnt that op? lol

It's only within a limited amount of space, like ten feet from him. So there's only so much of the power he can absorb, like maybe 45~55% of the attack, the rest he'd have to dodge, block, or just take. So he can't just rip someone out of the air if they're flying above him. Nor could he stop Nix's trick shots, and the holy lance would more than likely still connect, it just wouldn't hit him as hard as it did Agni. Thus why I also changed the wording from "Immune" to "heavily resistant" in his description.

We're also forgetting that this is severely reduced in his second form and not existent in the third. This power is only while he's in his "human" state.

It's only within a limited amount of space, like ten feet from him. So there's only so much of the power he can absorb, like maybe 45~55% of the attack, the rest he'd have to dodge, block, or just take. So he can't just rip someone out of the air if they're flying above him. Nor could he stop Nix's trick shots, and the holy lance would more than likely still connect, it just wouldn't hit him as hard as it did Agni. Thus why I also changed the wording from "Immune" to "heavily resistant" in his description.

We're also forgetting that this is severely reduced in his second form and not existent in the third. This power is only while he's in his "human" state.

Alright, that sounds good, and fair.

I didnt really see anything else, so I guess hes Accepted. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back