Nanami Shirayuki

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deathkitten

I am the Deathkitten! Fear me!
Osuka Osuka

g5zkf7sb-jpeg.373480

Her big debut!! Her first ever show of expertise to the younger generation that wasn’t shown in the news!!! She was all but vibrating in her boots at the chance to teach these young, influential minds to be the hope of the future. To be strong, quick of mind and body, and tireless in their efforts to improve the world. Just at the thought of it, she was nearly bursting with the need to move and to talk to them all, and it was almost overloading her that she had to stay still.

Well, at least try to stay still.

Nanami’s legs were twitching back and forth enough to vibrate the ground around her, and though she didn’t notice that Lu-Dao next to her was becoming irritated with her antics, she couldn’t stop herself no matter how hard she tried. It was like an excited puppy on a leash, filled with a need to meet new puppies who were calling to her and wanting to play. She was far too excited – she was used to being able to move around without restraint. She was used to zipping around from place to place at breakneck (literally) speeds and just DOING things, but right now, she had to stay still. It was important that she stayed still. It was absolutely imperative that, unless they were being attacked, that she stay perfectly still where she was standing until -

Just as Astrella had finished her speech and gave the go-ahead for students to move about, Nanami just had to move. In a movement that was so quick that frames of animation had seemed to be cut from time itself, Nanami was gone, in the school, and back where she was in a mere second – if no one paid attention, it was as if she had just suddenly produced an enormous, embroidered sign with so many cute things plastered on it that it was almost as if a Leonardo Da Vinci level talented child had made it, with hyper-realistic kittens, puppies, flowers. and about the cutest writing she could muster that spelled out “OVER HERE DIVINE MAGICK STUDENTS!!!!”

The smile that had plastered Nanami’s face would have been literally ear-to-ear if it wasn’t for the fact that muscle and flesh was in the way, and she was bouncing in anticipation for her Divine Magick students to gather. It seemed like forever for her, but once they had all convened, she was absolutely bursting with glee.

“Hiii!!!!” She exclaimed in her high soprano, which seemed more fit for opera than it did for speaking. “I’m Nanami Shirayuki – I’m gonna be your teacher from today on!! I’m so stoked to be able to meet you all, and I’m sure we’re going to have an amazing time learning to kick butt and take names!!!”

Adele lined up in front of overtly excited Nanami after hearing the headmistress's speech. She knew that there was going to be a big event for the tenth anniversary of the tragedy in Los Angeles. She had a rolling suitcase as well as a cat carrier with Stella - her black cat inside. While Adele stood in line, Stella noticed Headmistress Astrella's savannah cats and began to meow at them as she pawed toward them in her cage. While she wasn't nearly as happy or excited as her professor, Adele seemed amused at her new teacher's behavior and chuckled a little. The sign she created just made things even more humorous for her.

"So um... I take it you really like to teach? I'm Adele Matthews, it's good to meet you."

Adele managed to form a small smile on her face, but she was still feeling a bit sad that she was going to be away from her dad for awhile, and nervous especially since she hadn't been in a school with other students in years, so she seemed very soft spoken and timid as she stood in the line.

~Kaleb~​
So far the day felt like it was going by in a blur. He left home, said goodbye to his parents when they dropped him off at the stop, and there was a flying shuttle... and... Today was already amazing. Still, the news story - that in all honesty he had barely paid attention to - still bothered him. Was everyone safe in those buildings? Of course they weren't... They had said there were casualties. How many of them were there? Darn it... he wished he had paid more attention.

The loving voice of his goddess spoke up in his mind, Little one, you should pay attention to the now. It may have been close by, but there was nothing you could have done. You know your family to be safe. You know your friends to be safe. Ha. Friends. That was funny. He had made friends with Taylor and Fay, but that was about it. It wasn't like he had friends outside of here... Kaleb... That is beside the point. You are safe, as well as the people you know and care about. This is what matters. Death is an inevitability, especially for those of your species. Humans are fantastic at adaptation, but they are squishy. You know this. The purpose-

He sighed, trying not to pay attention to her droning on and on. She enjoyed tangents way too much. Instead, he tried to do what she said he should do, which was pay attention to "the now". "Now" was Ms. Astrella's talk. She had really cute kitties... Gah! It was so hard to focus when he was so excited. There was one teacher whose excitement far eclipsed his own, however, and when they were finally released to go to their respective teachers, it was revealed that the excitable one was his. Well then...

The woman was speedy. He could only tell that she had moved because of his goddess, and he was veritably impressed. This was going to be a very interesting year if her hyperactivity bled into her teaching style as well. He stood in with his group and looked around at the others. One girl had a cat in a carrier, and his heart just about exploded. They couldn't have cats at his house, since his mom was really allergic to them, but he absolutely adored all manner of cats and dogs and other fluffy creatures. He couldn't help himself, "Oh my gosh! What is that little sweetie's name?"

Kaleb leaned down slightly to look at the kitty cat and beamed brightly at its owner, "Your furbaby is beautiful, miss. My name is Kaleb, what's yours?" He offered his hand gently, a little nervous that he had blurted out so confidently at the cat. His goddess on the other hand was very interested in the teacher, trying to figure her out.

(( SapphireSkylines SapphireSkylines Osuka Osuka ))

Zinnia
Just pretend he was here the whole time
Zinnia hadn't been away from his home for long, just shy of a month, yet in that short time, he quickly learned that there wasn't much of a difference between his village and the city. Some part of Zinnia had always hoped that his village was a special case. That outside his small world it would be peaceful, there was a hope that no one had to experience what he did. Evil seemed to exist everywhere, much to his dismay. His brief experiences in the city did well to solidify this truth.

No matter. Zinnia was already used to such a world. In some ways he was glad. For him, there was a familiarity in opposition. He felt less like a fish out of water knowing evil persists. Though, taking comfort in such thoughts wasn't for the best. After all, Zinnia was at this school to abolish evil, not take comfort in it.

Soon the welcoming speech had finished. The students were given directions, to head to the teacher with a sign that corresponded to their placement. Zinnia tried to hold back laughter as he witnessed the sign that beckoned him. It was extravagant, to say the least. Though Zinnia had to admire the amount of work that was put into it, and how excited the teacher seemed to be. Zinnia stepped forward through the crowd, making his way to his future teacher. A more personal introduction would be reserved for later.

"Zinnia Enkidu, present and accounted for." That would have to do for now.
Osuka Osuka

Last edited:
Adele formed a small smile at Kaleb as she lifted up the cat carrier so he could get a better look at her black cat. "Oh this is Stella. It's good to meet you Kaleb, I'm Adele." She wasn't used to the positive attention. The last time she was ever in a school with her peers, they bullied her due to her powers and no one wanted to be friends with her because of them. Maybe attending school here wasn't going to be as bad as she thought it would be. She'd look him, as well as the other boy who just arrived over curiously. Being in the Divine magic class meant that she was going to meet an assortment of people who had powers, thanks to many different gods and goddesses or maybe they were gods themselves. She was curious to learn more about all the different deities. "So um... where do you get your powers from? A god? Or maybe you're a god yourself?" she'd tilt her head at Kaleb curiously as she chuckled a bit. "Sorry if I'm asking too many questions, my dad's a scientist so I never really got to learn much about other divine casters."

Last edited:
~Kaleb~​
Kaleb blushed a tiny bit, really nervous now that he had brought attention to himself. She didn't take his hand, so he just dropped it awkwardly, looking at the kitty still, "Stella is absolutely beautiful. Is she a familiar or a pet?" He rubbed his arm and chucked at her question, smiling, "Questions are fine. They're how you learn about the world, after all." He thought for a second, debating how to explain his situation, "Well... I'm sort of acting as a vessel for my goddess. She saved my family, and so I made a sort of deal with her. She's really nice, if noisy."

He chuckled, the goddess actually ignoring him at the moment. She was still trying to figure out how a human could move so quickly... and how they were practically vibrating. It was bizarre. Kaleb turned his attention to the teacher and raised his hand just a little bit, "Um... Hi, Miss Shirayuki... My name is Kaleb Otheri. Is there any sort of place of prayer we can go to? I know it wouldn't be specific to any one god or goddess... I can only imagine how many practitioners we have at the school... but it would be really nice to have a place to relax and meditate on my and others' gods and goddesses."

(( Osuka Osuka SapphireSkylines SapphireSkylines ))

And already there were two people making friends!! This was going to be AMAZING!!! Nanami was practically shrieking in her mind about how excited she was over everything that was transpiring. This year was going to be a good one - she could just feel it! So with all of that out of the way, every student accounted for and nothing more to do, they were ready to head on! She was almost halfway to the Temple within a quarter of a second before she forgot the formalities and smacked herself on the forehead before flashing back at twice the speed. It almost sounded forth a sonic boom as she took off and then slid to a stop, the heels of her shoes thankfully not worn down due to the material they had to be made out of to weather the abuse.

"Sorry about that!!!" She said with a sheepish smile, rubbing the back of her head. "Just got super excited. I'd be more than happy to show you all to the Temple, which is where we'll be spending most of our time. I myself might not be all that familiar with a deity, but I've made sure to pass the boards so I can educate you to the best of my ability.

"So with that out of the way - to the Temple!!" With that being said and an enthusiastic point towards the direction they'd be taking, she would lead them in a quick march - which was actually quite slow to her. She wished she could just scoop them up somehow and take them there since it would be much faster. Though this would have to do. She was marching at a quick but doable clip for them, in her opinion.

What they approached was nothing less than the most breathtaking and immaculate show of dedication and faith - something that she had helped fund with the success of her career as a Hero thus far. Tall granite walls with Gothic arches and towers with ornate stained glass windows and frames of gold encased the holy place, and enormous dark Oak doors reinforced with glistening steel served as a bulwark and a promise of safety from the outside. Leading them inside had shown low lighting with candles and braziers giving the enormous inside a somewhat medieval feel around it. Religious symbols, implements, and texts from all beliefs under the sun and even below lined the walls and filled trunks to the brim. If it was believed in, it was here. Pews and pedestals lined and headed the room so they could sit or speak to the masses or their deities.

"Everything you might need can be found here," she said quietly, as if wary to disturb the feeling of peace within the room. "If by chance we are missing anything, though, please don't hesitate to bring it to my attention. I'll personally ensure that we get it to the Temple."

(I'm so very sorry it took so long for me to make this post.)

Deathkitten Deathkitten SapphireSkylines SapphireSkylines Rantos Rantos

Zinnia
Zinnia hadn't even set a foot in a classroom, yet he was already learning so much. Not about magical abilities and how to use them, but how to form a connection. He watched as two of his classmates, complete strangers to one another, engaged in conversation. Zinnia himself was never good at starting a conversation so he watched the two go at it, taking note all the while. Hopefully, the two didn't find his staring creepy. Hopefully, they didn't notice at all as he watched with a complacent smile.

His attention was switch back and forth between the two students and their teacher, he didn't want to miss anything she said. Then he blinked, and their teacher was gone. Then he blinked again and she was back, skidding across the floor. Though in shock, it only took Zinnia a moment to put the pieces together. To keep up with a teacher moving at Mach speed would prove to be an engaging challenge. Luckily, for the moment, she slowed down to guide everyone to their first stop, the Temple. Nanami led the charge. She moved quicker than Zinnia would have liked, he had to jog just to keep stride with the woman.

At last, they had arrived at the temple. Zinnia wiped the sweat from his brow as he approached the entrance. Truly, the building before him had rightfully earned its name. It was imposing, breathtaking, and one of the ugliest works of architecture Zinnia had ever seen. The other students flooded in past him, Zinnia stayed at the front door. He took a seat on one of the steps just before the doors and listened, or at least tied to. Of course, this had to be the one moment when Nanami wasn't at max volume, so Zinnia wasn't able to catch every word. But, that didn't matter. After they left, Zinnia wouldn't find himself at these doors again. Not by his own volition at least. So, for the time being, he would sit patiently and wait to leave. Hopefully, he wouldn't be waiting long.

~Kaleb~​
This teacher was kinda nuts... Super adorable, though. She's so young and full of incredible vibrancy. Yeah. Vibrancy. That was a word for her super-sonic hyperactivity. She even left them alone for a moment as she seemingly forgot that they couldn't go as fast as she could... Or really anywhere near as fast. He just chuckled to himself at the antics and smiled. He may as well enjoy the crazy, interesting school as it was, almost like a separate world unto itself.

It was a nice, relatively easy jog for him thanks to his goddess's gifts, but he imagined that others might find it a tad bit more difficult. That wasn't nearly as nice, but at least at the end of the jog his query was answered. The temple. A beautiful, non-traditional building, considering it had to accommodate for more than just one god/goddess... or even one pantheon. As pretty as it was, Kaleb quickly noticed a student sitting on the stair instead of inside.

He walked up to the other boy and smiled pleasantly at him, "Are temples not really your thing?" Kaleb offered his hand to shake and sat down beside him, "My name is Kaleb. What's yours?" His goddess piped up in his mind idly, He looks somewhat like a girl, don't you think? But then, so do you, I suppose... So it isn't that strange.

...She could really be a nuisance at times.

(( Rantos Rantos ))

Zinnia
Tags: Deathkitten Deathkitten
By and large, Zinnia still was not used to the weather. It was so much warmer than it was in the mountains, Zinnia found that no matter how many articles of clothing he stripped from himself, he was still swimming in a pool of sweat. Jeans and a tee shirt, that's all Zinnia had on, and he didn't dare remove any more clothing. The heat was troublesome, but he could learn to endure it. Though it didn't have anything to do with the temperature, the noise was equally annoying. Cars, people, everything. Yet, despite the annoyances of the city, it is far more hospitable than the mountains. Because of that, Zinnia could bear it all with a smile.

Much to his surprise, Zinnia heard footsteps far sooner than antisapated. Just as he was about to get up, he turned to look inside and realized that the class was not leaving yet. Rather, a solitary boy joined Zinnia on the temple stairs, the boy sat with him, asking Zinnia a question before giving his name his hand. In kind, Zinnia shook the boy's hand and gave his full name. He had to think a moment, biting his lip while coming up with a suitable answer.

"Well... if you've seen one you've seen them all. Plus temples have just never really been my thing, I'm not a fan of old architecture. And it's stuffy in there." It was clear Zinnia had to reach to find a reason to explain why he didn't wish to enter. Or, more accurately, he didn't wish to say anything too heretical in the face of someone whose magic comes from the Gods.

"What about you? Surely a worshipper of deities must find a temple of this size and stature absolutely stunning. Let's hear more of your thoughts."

~Kaleb~​
"Ah, I see," he mused, answering Zinnia, "I rather enjoy temple architecture. I've never been to many, aside from those intended for my Goddess, so I find it interesting. It's a lot different. If you think of mainstream religions, especially before different deities took a more active role, even those are different from one another. Synagogues look different from cathedrals and all that..."

"Honestly though... I don't think I've really been to church much since my family had their accident..." he said with a sigh, glancing back at the building, "My deity doesn't care if I go and worship her. I already work for her in a sense, so I guess it would be a little redundant? I dunno." Kaleb stood again, "We should go inside. I'm gonna ask the teacher if we can move on yet. I'm interested in seeing the next area, and I'm itching to get to the dorms."

Kaleb walked back inside and confidently walked up to Nanami, though he lost that confidence when he started to ask her the question. "Do you think we could move on to the next place?" he asked shyly, voice quiet, "I'm pretty sure we'd all really like to get to the classroom and whatever else so we can settle into our dorms as soon as possible. We're all really excited, but we did have to travel here from a decent distance, depending on who anyways... so I do think some of us, myself included, would like to get things done so we can get settled."

(( Rantos Rantos Osuka Osuka ))

It was good to see students interacting. They'd get to know each other, form bonds, and be more willing to work with each other. It seemed like the majority of the students were more interested in exploring the Temple, but.. There was just that one that usually wasn't exactly the same as the others. She'd noticed it when they walked in - a student who didn't even feel comfortable enough to come in had sat themselves down on the stairs instead of exploring. There had to be a reason behind it, of course, and it could have been as simple as taste in architecture. The fact remained, though, that it was a little disappointing for her. There was so much she poured into this and didn't even consider that there would be the one who wasn't a fan of it, and it could potentially hinder their time spent in a place where it was easiest for most to channel their Deity's power.

Still, she couldn't just force it on the poor kid. She'd be a total jerk if she did!!

So with taking the cue just as another student had come in, she kept quiet and smiled wide to listen to them before nodding and clapping her hands.

"Alright, everyone!" She called out, her voice full of cheer. "Now that we've had a bit to explore the Temple and get to know the contents, let's move onto the classroom! I'll make the tour short since I know some of you must be tired from the trip. We can always explore more later."

With that being said, she waited for the students to gather before she headed off. The temple wasn't all too far from the main building, so it was just a short hike through before they had run into the track field. Having been reminded of what was there, she had to make a mental note to make sure they visited this area again before moving on, which wasn't hard and didn't take any time at all considering they were already close to the main building. It was just a quick jaunt through the door - there weren't even any stairs to continue tiring them, so just a couple of turns and about forty or fifty feet of distance later, she arrived and opened the door.

"Finally here, everyone!" she called out with a wave. "It's not really anything special in here aside from desks and books, as per a classroom, but we'll be spending time here to, obviously, go over theory and application, as well as studies of multiple different religions and deities who do and do not require worship or religious practice. If you think there should be any additions to the class, don't be afraid to ask! I'm always happy to help however I can."

If they wished to go in, she had the door wide open, but it was as if any other classroom aside from the select few teachers who had modified theirs. She hadn't since she planned on most of their time being outside of the classroom.

(I'm sorry this is so short - there isn't much for her outside the athletics area and the Temple, but I want to make sure she's aware that most of the students do want to just buzz off and go relax in their dorms. That and I'm kinda writers-blocked, but still!! Hopefully this will progress things.)

Last edited:

The next post will go up, barring any unforeseen events, a week from now. Please try to post before then!
(( Rantos Rantos and me too! :P ))

Zinnia
tags: Deathkitten Deathkitten Osuka Osuka
diverting the topic seemed to end successfully. The boy, Kaleb, began talking and Zinnia didn't have to risk saying anything too risque on accident. So, he respectfully listened to what Kaleb had to say. Though, as the boy continued to speak, he kept repeating a phrase that irked Zinnia, to put it lightly. "My Goddess" he kept saying. A pretentious line, as if to imply he owned the deity. It was a line Zinnia's father used too. It was a line that made Zinnia sick to hear.

The conversation didn't last for long, soon Kaleb returned to the inside of the temple. Zinnia stood and watched the back of a boy who he was slowing coming to like, if only a little. The boy was pious, and Zinnia envied him for his devotion if only a little. Or maybe, Kaleb was just blindly following the promises of a diety as Zinnia once did. No matter, the boy seemed to have a fine head on his shoulders, and that's what counted.

Soon, the teacher, joined by the rest of the class, came back out and they all went back to the main campus, to their classroom. Once again, Zinnia had to engage in a light jog just to keep up. He didn't have much of a problem compared to the rest of the students, but he was hoping that this wouldn't become a common trend.

The classroom was nice, small, ordinary, bland, but nice all the same. Yet Zinnia had a sneaking suspicion that most of their time would be spent in the temple. The state of the classroom would hardly be relevant to him. Once finished taking in the sight and smell, Zinnia approached his teacher, he bent over and spoke softly so that only she would hear.

"Hey, would you mind if after everything has been said and done we meet privately? I have a few questions I'd like to ask if that's okay."

~Kaleb~​
Kaleb rubbed his face a little, in some weird attempt to get rid of the shyness. Still, he was happy they were moving on to the next location. This campus was really beautiful... He jogged along with the teacher. She seemed hyper still, but it was kind of fun to be honest. She talked about what they'd go over in the classroom and mentioned if they thought there should be any additions.

He was stuck thinking about it as he eyed the classroom that he'd be in for the year. It wasn't anything to scoff at, even if it wasn't as impressive as the temple architecture or the like. Before he could speak up and talk to her, the boy he had talked to before was saying something, though he couldn't hear what.

Once he was done, he piped up himself, though louder as more of a conversation, "I have a few questions, if you don't mind... Will we will be spending a decent amount of time outdoors, learning how to fight and whatever else we might need? Also... for those of us, though I don't know if I'm the only one, whose goddess... ah... can possess them... will you guys need to like... meet with her beforehand or something? Like some weird goddess teacher meeting or something?"

His goddess giggled at that thought mentally, I don't know about you, but I don't think I'd mind that idea very much. Do keep in mind that doing so is a bit rough on your body though, little one. Still, I suppose it is best they know what entity they're dealing with.

(( Osuka Osuka Rantos Rantos ))

On the first day?!

Nanami's head nearly snapped as her head rotated towards the field, but it was as if she was looking at a wall. Something had happened, and it happened right under their noses. It was a telepathic alert that would reach the teachers the absolute second that it was sent out that had caught her attention. What she was shown was a mess of gears and wires, a sight of robotic carnage. A large swath of burned land. De'Kiral's voice had come through clear as day, noting that there were no alarm triggers. But how?! She wanted to ask more, but with protocol, she didn't have time. She'd just have to go see for herself.

Immediately she withdrew her .45 and racked it with blurring speed, looking to her students with a mixed look of determination and concern. If there was an attack, they'd have to take it extremely seriously. She'd have to match their pace, which was hard for her to do, but it was that or leave them for dead. The dorms would be the safest place to take them.

"There's been an incident," she started, her earlier demeanor entirely gone - as if it had never existed in the first place. "I need you all to follow me closely to the dorms. Do not fall behind for even a second. Understood?"

Once she would get a nod, they'd head out, her head poking around the door to look both ways before they moved forward. She'd do this with every corner they'd come across, not a step missed in her scanning of each area before she'd flag them to move with her and continue on. This would last for ten minutes before they'd reach the dormitory commons area, where she'd usher them in, denying any demand to assist before it even fully left anyone's lips.

Once she was done with that, her eyes met each and every one of them in turn, the .45 resting in her left hand.

"Stay here," she ordered, her voice stern and flat, eyes literally lit with an iridescent glow. "Find the packets with your name and room and go there. Stay in there until you're given permission to leave."

And with that, she was gone in an instant, as if she hadn't been there at all, though the smog of dirt and dust had refuted otherwise....

(This post will continue here: Field )

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back