• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern N I V A S ☾ C O F F E E // C S

What sort of FCs should we have?

• Realistic

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • Digital Art, semi-realistic/realistic

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Doesn't matter to me

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters

p y u

ケイ

divider_-_leaf_gold.png

character sheet.
(We are closed.)

[Place image somewhere in your CS. Realistic, please]
Name

Nickname

Age (16-20 for attendees, like baristas and regular members)

Sexual orientation

Romantic orientation

Role (feel free to talk to me about other roles, the ones listed are only suggestions, although I would like to see at least some of them filled)

Occupation (If applicable)

Hybrid type (include abilities, as little control of them as you may have. Give me what a classic hybrid of your kind is capable of)

Personality (Vices and virtues, or a few paragraphs. Both, if you really want)

Biography (Get as in-depth as you'd like, my only requirement is that you're familiar with Vulpina, the actual coffee shop)

[The following are questions that I'd like you to answer from your character's point of view]

What brought you to Lecanora?

Do you have any idea why you have to attend Niva?

Would you become completely human if you had the chance?

Theme song

Miscellaneous

Last edited:

d5bfa06d39faf3da429b6d7cb0684d72--mens-haircuts--mens-hairstyles-short-.jpg
Coal Collins
"Jazz man of Vulpina"

A Musician, Coal's an entertainer for the ladies and gents who grace the carpet of Vulpina coffee shop.

Drawing in the early morning joggers with the tickling of the ivory keys of his board, or bringing in the busy college students who like to study or lounge about bathed in the soothing hum of his violin, his favorite are the nights where his boys Mizi and Calloway bring in the saxophone and guitar, then off they go laying some of that sweet soft jazz on the cozy night scene.

• Basics:
    "A foodie, hunter, fishing enthusiast."

Nickname: "Call me, Coal"

Sexual orientation: Demisexual
    Romantic orientation: Demiromantic

Role: Recurring Character
    Occupation: Musician of Vulpina by day, Anger Management Therapist of Niva by night

"Whoa, down boy!" said Coal, pushing a half-bitten chair against the slobbering maw of his werewolf charge, before he shut the steel door of his room shut. He leaned on the door, panting breathlessly as the werewolf rammed on the other side. Click, went the lock.

Shing, slam, cha-chuk, wuk, went the rest of the bolted locks.

"I swear, full moons are worse than Mondays." he said to his assistant who was holding a fire hose. "It's the day my coffee will need a coffee."

"Werewolves are never a walk in the park, sir."

Coal snorted, imagining walking a werewolf in the park in the afternoon. "Actually, why not?" he said, looking as though he suddenly had a grand idea.

"Er."

"Come, my assistant!" he grabbed the fire hose suddenly, "let us take Josh for a walk!" he opened the door. "Josh!" The werewolf snarled and slobbered in response.

code by pasta

counterplay-games-f6-vanarcrest-1920x1080.jpg
The Akhlut
In Inuit mythology, an Akhlut is a hungry orca spirit that takes the form of a gigantic wolf or a wolf-orca hybrid to hunt on land.

These spirits belong in the big blue ocean, and it is often difficult to stay away from the waters for long --- though showering in sea water helps.

When hungry an Akhlut becomes vicious, and the hungrier the more dangerous. What was human is cast aside until the Akhlut eats at least sixty kilograms of meat.

Big wolf tracks leading to and from the ocean could mean that one has passes through.

Coal has four forms: human, orca, giant wolf, and wolf-orca hybrid. He can understand dogs, wolves, orcas and dolphins.

Giant Wolf Form:

• As large as an orca
    • Weighs 5,400 kg
    • Strength of four bears
    • Can hold breath for two hours
Wolf-Orca form

• Size of an ordinary wolf, but with an orca fin and tail, which helps with swimming.
    • Can hold breath for two hours

Last edited:
still WIP

Ajei Cly

Basic
Nickname: AJ
Orientation: Homosexual/Homoromantic
Role: Recurring Member
Hybrid Type: Navajo Skinwalker
Hybrid information:
Navajo Skinwalkers are creatures that are able to take the shape of any animal they choose. Shifting into an animal is incredibly painful for a skinwalker who does not know what they're doing, and gradually gets easier the more a skinwalker practices. The Skinwalker usually has a certain form that they prefer, and on full moons they are forced to change into that form.

AJ's reluctance to shift has caused the process to become more painful. The shift can come at random for her because she does not know how to fully control her powers, and often happens when she feels a strong emotion, like anger or love.

Last edited:

4978658.png

c646814_0060058d2c421023731f1eb777993984.png

Name
Iris Marie Anne Lorrell

Nickname
Rissy - by her little sister.

Sexual Orientation:
Heterosexual

Romantic Orientation:
Heteromantic

Role:
Barista in Training
no slide
4978657.png

tumblr_inline_npxtnxpB0t1szaa83_250.gif
tumblr_inline_npxtoyUYmy1szaa83_250.gif

Hybrid Type:
Dream Seelie: A Seelie hybrid is a person born with powers connected to the Earth, a person who can feel the earth. A Dream Seelie in particular is connected to their magic through their dreams, and more importantly; their nightmares and visions. They practice lucid dreaming, and work with spells and tomes and recipes. The one feature that tells a hybrid apart from a a regular human is their slightly pointed ears. When they have visions, they're eyes turn milky white and they may even experience a nose bleed depending on the potency of the vision. This is their human half reacting to the Seelie magic. Visions happen when a Seelie sort of 'picks up a signal' and sees into the mind of another person's dreams. Some Dream Seelie are less tuned in, and don't receive as many visions.
tumblr_inline_npxtntZykL1szaa83_250.gif
tumblr_inline_npxtoj5B8F1szaa83_250.gif

Personality:
gentle, wise, strong, intuitive, careful
distant, tired, sad, slow, bored

From the moment you lay eyes on Iris, you can almost feel the calmness emitting from her. Everything about her is laid back, detached almost. For some people, this is a great thing. Someone who never put their own opinion in is great to vent to. However, not everyone can lead their own conversations, and so some people may find Iris ignorant or blank. Iris is mostly quiet, especially with new people. She doesn't talk unless she absolutely has to, and so people often think that she's distant or doesn't want to even be messed with. Yet, Iris is a very gentle person with a heart that desires only to live fully, and she does that by doing small things. Giving her last ten dollars to a homeless man. Giving an old lady a hand with her things. Adopting a dog. She has a deep urge to fill the world with good, but she needs no thanks or the things she does.

Iris is very much in her head, and gives off very little body language. Though her far away stare might appear lazy or idle, Iris is always switched on and fully aware of her environment. She is brilliant and finding ways around difficult situations, and she can always come up with a solution to something. She is good at working with limited resources, and she can always make sure that everyone is happy. Iris doesn't give away much of herself, mostly because she is a cautious person. She doesn't want people to fall into the mess of her life, and she doesn't want to fall into the sadness of others. Although Iris loves to help people in the short term, long term problems are not her forte, yet she doesn't like to see people upset and she'll always try her best to help.

For someone who's life consists of making coffee and then going home to read magical tea leaves, Iris gets very bored, very easily. She seeks a little bit of fun. Simple fun, not drinking or smoking. She wants to watch the sunset, or skip through a field or read a life changing book. Sometimes she just wants to see more of the world. The only aggressive trait in Iris' body is that she resents structure of the world. The fact that there can be people living in mansions and then homeless people outside sickens her. It angers her that she can do nothing significant, and if there's one thing that Iris hates, its the feeling of being helpless.
tumblr_inline_npxtoo1Sag1szaa83_250.gif
tumblr_inline_npxtnpy0sY1szaa83_250.gif

Biography:
Iris was born in Ireland, in Londonderry. Her Father, who had previously lived as a gypsy, split from his culture when his brother married the girl he loved. As a trick to lure him back, his family sent a beautiful seelie after him, to bring him back, to make him remember his old life. Eowan did fall in love with the Seelie, Lulha, but his world had changed. His eyes were opened to magic, and he didn't want to go back to his boring family. Lulha fell in love with Eowan herself, and vowed to protect her love from his family.

For years, they lived safely, Lulha showing Eowan the ways of her people. After three years, they thought it was safe to settle down, and luckily in time, as Lulha became pregnant. From a young age, Iris was taught by her mother the importance of controlling her powers, but the magic in her was strong and caused her to have a sort of seizure. She was constantly in pain with all the visions clouding up her head.

The second that Iris turned 7, everything went suddenly bad. Eowan's family caught up with them and killed Lulha. They said she was a filthy magical and they shouldn't have trusted her. They refused to spill their own blood and spared Iris, but they warned Eowan that he would have to leave Ireland and denounce his name and bond. He would have nothing, no money or family or friends. He agreed. Anything was better than being with them.

Eowan took Iris to America, to Iowa. He remarried, a human woman, if not to bring normality back to his life. He had another child, Molly, and Iris loved her so much. And yet, she did not feel at home. She had to learn to control the painful visions herself, visions which seemed to rip through her mind and destroy her. Of death and murder and darkness. When Iris was 17, she moved to a place that she had stumbled upon on the internet, a supernatural town; Lacanora. She vaguely remembered her wise words; "Be humble, be kind, and be honest. But do not be brave."
tumblr_inline_npxtp4vNXK1szaa83_250.gif
tumblr_inline_npxtou0i4k1szaa83_250.gif

What brought you to Lecanora?
"Lecanora gave me hope that I might be alone to gather who I am. To be among those who understand me. Those who are like me. I needed to learn, and Lecanora seemed like as good a place as any."

Do you have any idea why you have to attend Niva?
"I can only speculate. The others who attend or undeniably supernatural. I assume its due to some enchantment that means we are drawn there."

Would you become completely human if you had the chance?
"The thought of stopping the pain that visions bring me is enchanting, but the pain is me. It's taught me to be me. I couldn't be human. I wouldn't last."

Theme song
Pretty Pimpin - Kurt Vile

• CHBzLcN.jpg
    Name: Montgomery (Monty) Tremblay
    Sex: Female
    Species: Harpy Hybrid
    Role: New Member
    Orientation: Panromantic and Pansexual
    Theme Song:
    The Offspring - You're Gonna Go Far, Kid or SHINee - Married to the Music

Personality: Monty is a very volatile person. They dislike socializing and enjoy eating salty and sweet foods more than anything, plus they run a feminist meme page and enjoy playing their DS. Tarot cards are their main collection because they love the art. They hang out in parks in the dusk and pet all of the cats they see when they walk through the streets. They constantly lie to evade unfavorable situations and are always armed with sharp words.​

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back