Story My submission for the Writing Buddies writing prompt.

4eyedintrovert

Note: Only 179 words. I've been in kind of a funk lately so this is the best I could come up with. Hopefully, I'll be able to get back into the groove of things as I get more practice.

It's a cold night. The city streets are littered with cigarette butts and broken beer bottles. A couple of bums, Frank and Bob, try warming themselves by a fire erupting from a barrel by the side of the road.

Frank looks up, taps his buddy on the shoulder and points up. "Say, why do you think the moon changes every night?"

Bob turns to look at where his friend was pointing then, turning back to face him, a look of annoyance comes across his face. He bends down to pick up a rock and hurls it at the sky. Frank looks on in amazement as the rock cuts through the frigid air.

The night gets darker. The only light, now, coming from the flickering flames of the fire, which reflect something in the distance raining down on the sidewalk. "Man, you got one hell of an arm, Bob. You broke the moon and now it's raining!" Frank says, dumbfounded holding his hand out, looking toward the sky.

Bob smacks Frank upside the head. "It was a streetlight, you idiot!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back