• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

My Internet Hates The RPNation- What Should I Do?

Melix

Lord Legendary
If I have to flush my DNS, reconfigure my IP, reset the internet, or clear my cookies and cache ONE MORE TIME I will track down that Staples guy who sold me my computer and modem and router and all AND I WILL SPANK HIM IN FRONT OF THE ENTIRE STORE.

So here's the issue. 40% of the time (at least) that I try to go on the RPNation, my internet decides that it doesn't like the RPN and just kind of quits. It will say something like "SSL too long" or "Took too long to load" or, my personal favorite, "The RPNation is down". So I go to Isup and ask, is the RPN down? And it never is. The fact that no one else has these issues proves to me that it's my internet. Here's the best part: IT ONLY AFFECTS THE RPN. (To be fair, I had similar problems in the summer with another site.) And it takes forever to fix, and it only fixes temporarily. Is there a way to fix this permanently so I can RP unimpeded? I would LOVE some help.

Thanks!

A month or two ago and during the summer, but they've gotten worse this week and it's driving me absolutely insane.

Firefox 34.0.5. Chrome won't load any websites anymore (sigh) and Internet Explorer is just...inconvenient.

To be clear, however, whenever Firefox has an issue with the RPN, so does IE9.

It's happened 5 times since this thread was posted...T.T.

Melix said:
Firefox 34.0.5. Chrome won't load any websites anymore (sigh) and Internet Explorer is just...inconvenient.

To be clear, however, whenever Firefox has an issue with the RPN, so does IE9.

It's happened 5 times since this thread was posted...T.T.
My guess is either your connection is slow or your connection is being throttled.

Couple questions, it started getting bad this week? Do you have a laptop or desktop? What models are your router and modem?

Also chrome should work. I'd suggest wiping any trace of chrome and reinstalling. If that doesn't work then I'm not sure what's wrong with chrome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back