• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Other My Inktober!

AEONmeteorite

Architect of Worlds
Helper
Do you want to see them smaller and all in one area? Click here: www.jjcymbolic.wix.com/portfolio/inktober

Day 1 - Poison

So, I forgot today was the first day of October. I scrambled. There is a high amount flaws. From smudge marks, to skewed lips, strange fingers and long arms. But, at least I had a blast! (my light makes her eyes shiny.)

Since this is my first Inktober, I decided that I needed to ATTEMPT to learn something new everytime. This time, I decided to try to learn how to draw someone looking down. Not great... but surely not terrible.

My favorite part was playing with my blick markers. It was thrilling layering any ideas I had without any fears. I wasn't incredibly proud of the drawing in the first place, so I just didn't care if I did something horrible with the coloring. Doing that was so freeing.

Nonetheless, I'll try spending more time on my next one!

DeviantArt: JJCymbolic on DeviantArt
Insta: J.J.Cymbolic
inktober d1.jpg

Last edited:
Day 2 - Tranquil

First, what did I attempt today? Well, I wanted to mix a Tim burton-ish style with my own. Longer limbs and body parts. In the end, it pushed to my own style with a longer neck... oh well..

I was thinking that the moments I feel tranquility is when my eyes are closed and I'm enveloped by my own space. I decided to make her monochrome, with space covering her eyes, as the world around her slowly takes color.

Space is my tranquility.

DeviantArt: JJCymbolic on DeviantArt
Insta: J.J.Cymbolic
tranquil.jpg

Last edited:
Day 3 - Roasted

Why is this posted a day late? Well, that's because I colored two of them and couldn't pick a favorite. Originally, I messed up on the line work of one of them, but after having people choose their favorite line work, I realized not many could tell the messed up one from the cleaned up one.

At first I was thinking of all the creative and symbolic ways I could interpret roasted. From figures ripping up drawings to someone losing light, I realized that vampires can be heavily roasted. So I drew a vampire, simple enough.

I wanted to do something different with the face to prevent my own Same-face Syndrome. As I was drawing her, I got Sucy vibes from Little Witch Academia, which is my favorite character of the entire show. While it is an anime, the main characters all have different eye structures (which is rare in anime), and I have always loved Sucy's drooping eyes.

Comment below on the one you like best!
ink d3 2.jpg
ink d3 1.jpg
Instagram: @J.J.CymbolicPatreon: www.patreon.com/JJCymbolic
Portfolio: jjcymbolic.wix.com/portfolio

Day 4 - Spell

For this one, I wanted to keep that mysticalness in the word spell. But I didn't want a wand, no potions or magical light coming from a hand. I wanted to add a that spellish nature from feel.

Thus, I thought, what was the most mystical, spellish species in my series? And, a Crêsiv was the answer. This is a race that was made by many people and is basically a satyr pixie. They are a wise species, who are filled with trickery.

I enjoy breaking the human mold. Goat legs, white of eyes are black instead, it's exciting! The one thing I forgot is that they usually only have three fingers. But, too late now!
Ink d4.jpg
Instagram: @J.J.Cymbolic
Patreon: www.patreon.com/JJCymbolic
Portfolio: jjcymbolic.wix.com/portfolio

Day 5 - Chicken

I tried... so many, SO MANY, new things in this. A chicken, a new art style and an entire image with my Blick Markers, I am not used to a single thing on this artwork. Holy cow, I am stupefied by how well it turned out. There are very few things I'd change.

Originally, I was just going to draw a cute girl holding a chicken, surrounded by many more chickens. But then, I thought it'd be cool if she was holding a chicken while acting like a chicken. BUT THEN, I thought, she should be holding a chicken, while acting like a chicken, even though she has every right to because her shadow is not what it seems. (She looks a bit angry, her bangs are hiding the eyebrows I drew.)
Whew! So after all that, I've been getting questions from my other social media accounts wondering why I'm not using straight ink, or one color of ink. Well, that's how I grew up, I didn't draw with color, so I need help with color theory far more than anything else. Inktober is supposed to help with simplicity, yet I literally need to learn the opposite.

By the way, if you want to check out all the images go here:
JJC Portfolio | Inktober
Ink day 5 Chicken.jpg
Portfolio: www.jjcymbolic.wix.com/portfolio

Day 6 - Drooling

Of course, the first thing I thought of for drooling was Venom. But that seemed too obvious. Then, all that came into my mind was a giant eyed head with a back full of mouths.

I began making a story in my head about this guy. A man who is cursed and asks people which mouth holds his true voice. It became eerie.

JJC Portfolio | Inktober

Ink day 6 Drooling.jpg

Day 9 - Precious

The first Precious thing that came to mind was my husband. Being that I can't draw this handsome of all handsomeness man, I vetoed that. Then came family and church, but I also didn't want to hit the obvious. I even thought about my cat, Pumpkin, who is dang precious to me.

But, then I began thinking of all the times I've gone to my hand, wrist and elbow doctor. Whether it is for broken bones, painful joints or a cyst, I go. I realized that my hands are my world. They help me draw, write, play the piano, sew, they are everything to me. And if I could, I'd thank that doctor office everyday for being my heroes and protecting this world.

Don't think this was perfect the first time. It took so many, SO MANY, different tries. When I found a sketch of a hand someone else had made, I realized just how perfect it'd be. Even with the reference, it didn't turn out perfect, but good enough.
----
I must address that 8 appears to have been skipped. I took a long time deciding what to do for 8. The prompt was my favorite thing that I draw frequently, and I decided to do something unique, and, like day 5, ended up being an entire paper filled with color. So I'm working on it now, I'll post it when it is done.

JJC Portfolio | Inktober
Ink Day 9 Precious.jpg

Last edited:
Day 8 - Star
Finally finished!

Okay, as I mentioned in my last post, stars are my favorite thing. (Besides my hubby.) I am constantly drawing them, painting them, looking at them, I want to be them! I decided early on that I couldn't do my classics. That meant no milky way, no constellation, and no mysterious pink haired character that shows up on my feed every now and then.

I always say that blossoms look like stars that had grown on trees. So, I figured I could just draw that. But then, all I could think of was slingshotting the stars to fill the night sky. And it had to be drawn.
The people figures are actually based off a little, awesome artist. Which is my niece. I recently attended her parent teacher conference, and got to see her art work of her family. It is so incredibly unique and beautiful, that I hope she continues to use it.

The thing about filling up an entire page with alcohol based markers, well, it's, tough. I though about photoshopping it so it was more smooth and transitioned better. But, I stopped myself. I think it has it's own flavor, just not one I'm used to.
Ink d8 Star.jpg

Day 10 - Flowing

So, I decided to really do the ink challenge, with fountain pen ink. I did this for two reasons. One, might as well do the actual challenge every now and then. Two, It is a lot faster... I want to catch up with the prompts. I'll be doing the next one mainly in ink too.

The one thing I DID NOT want to draw was water or wind for this prompt. It seemed to obvious. My father is the one that came up with the theme. He said, electricity, and this was the first thing that popped up in my mind.

What did I try to learn while doing this? Well, it was working with ink. I've done a large amount of sharpie drawings, pencil drawings and all those monochromatic drawings. Working with loose ink is something else.
I wish I had spent more time on the tree here. That's simply because I know I'm better at drawing trees. I've thought about making the fire a watered down ink, like the clouds, but decided not to risk this one. I'll probably give this one another chance with more time and planning. I believe that this one ended up being more a fun, testing the medium, type of piece.

https://jjcymbolic.wixsite.com/portfolio/inktober
Ink d10 Flowing.jpg
#Inktober #Inktober2018

Day 11 - Cruel

On day 2, I made a piece that showed a girl being blinded by space as her world took color. This is the opposite of it, this is the opposite of tranquil.

It is a simple comic, but to me, it speaks so much more than just the three words, We Are Cruel. I often feel as if society wants to throw out creativity, emotion and imagination, spit at it, kick it to the curb, just so you can end up like everyone else.

It seems like such an awful way to live. Doing things you hate, faking a smile and becoming just like everyone else. But, so many of us let all that child in us slip from our hands, and we give up.
Ink d11 Cruel.jpg
#Inktober #Inktober2018

Day 12 - Whale

I'd like to first start by saying that I'm officially caught up with Inktober. Whoot!

In my series, I have (basically) no dragons. I decided early on that since it is a fantasy, I didn't want to fall into too many cliches, and having dragons in a book is a huge one. (Not saying that a writer can't, I just didn't want to.)

The equivalency of a dragon in my series are these gem-loving, purple whales. They are vicious and violent. They often take down ships in hopes to find treasure to embed in their belly.
Not only that, but they can swim in the air. Whales' esophagus and trachea don't connect (yes, Nemo has it wrong), but mine do. They suck in water and let it mix with their saliva for awhile. Then they spray it in the air, they're able to swim in the air for a short time while the mist settles (they spray further than real whales). There are also Violet Showers. The clouds turn purple and rain the same mixture. These times are scary, because the whale can be in the air until it is done. (And they're meateaters.)

If you want to see the rest of the days for Inktober, click below:
https://jjcymbolic.wixsite.com/portfolio/inktober

Ink d12 Whale.jpg
#Inktober #Inktober2018

Day 13 - Prompt: Guarded
There are a select few in my life who know who this character is. Currently, on social media, she is considered, the Secret Character. I don't spill her name, I don't say what she does, I don't say a single thing about her.

In fact, I haven't posted her on Facebook since 2016. I have tons of drawings of her, but I only select a few to go up. Though, I haven't drawn her for about a year... which is crazy. For the past year, I've been amping my art, and she has been stuck in my old style since.
So, finally, she's made her debut here. The problem? Well, I like it, but there are things I'd change. Like her foot, and she is known to have even messier hair than that.

In time, Secret Character, in time.

Ink d13 Guarded.jpg
#Inktober #Inktober2018

Day 14 - Prompt: Clock

I love clocks. I love pocket watches. I love everything about these devices. From their beauty, to the sound they make. (I pretend that digital clocks only exist on phones.)

My series also has tons to do with clocks. But wouldn't you know it? I didn't use a single reference towards my series this time. Instead, it's based on a video game I want to create someday.

I got a whole bunch of new liners. So... I played with them, a ton. This piece has a sure amount of flaws, and a good amount of nice spots. But, I had fun! I was trying many new things to see what would happen, how it'd look like, what reaction certain mediums would cause.
I guess from just an observing point of view, you wouldn't be able to tell just how many types of mediums I used. It's a lot..

Ink d14 Clock.jpg
#Inktober #Inktober2018

Day 15 - Prompt: Weak

The first thing that came to my mind was a bent up lamppost. I instantly put that in there, just because I love the idea of it so much. From there, weak things continued to pile in.

Snow, it's, for the most part, weak. It can be imprinted quite easily when it is powdery and fresh. Leaving an impression until it is simply melted away.

Icicles can break from the wind blowing too hard, or from a swat of the hand. While I know icicles can get outrageous in size, it still has the same burden as snow, it melts, losing its dangerous likeness.
The last one was the flower. Showered in a light that will give it no growth, and surrounded by a chill that'll give it no warmth.
I, once again, worked on new things for this one. I wanted to try an illustration look, which I think I succeeded. I just wish the black ink was put on better.
Lastly, I'd like to say, even though everything is so weak, I wanted to give it that feeling as if things and people are attempting to make this flower grow. (Ended up being a bit like The Little Prince again!)

Ink d15 Weak.jpg
#Inktober #Inktober2018

Day 16 - Prompt: Angular

This was probably the broadest of all the prompts so far. Two things definitely influenced this drawing. One was an artwork from the game, Dixit. It had been on my mind all this time, just because I found it absolutely stunning. The other was the show, Lost Song, which my hubby and I just finished.

I also loved the idea of a crooked crown theme. I chose a King, but I feel any leader of any kind can be the reason an entire land changes. With help, they can desolate. At the same time, a leader can take destroyed things, fix them and turn a town into something to behold again. Thus, you can read this King either direction.

I wanted to emphasize that one side of him is dark, not just in the cape, but also in the face. His eye is blacked out and I used gray blues to shade that side, while the day side is shaded with reds and peaches.
All in all, I love this piece!!! And I may try an "angular art" style every now and then!
Ink d16 Angular.jpg
#Inktober #Inktober2018

Users who are viewing this thread

Back