• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy My Firsts [TurtlexXxNation and Imaginary]

TurtlexXxNation

Lady Turtle
My FirstModern Fantasy

Muse A is sick of not having a first of anything. So they get the bright idea to summon a... something, muse B. However, despite their initial resolve of giving this [Thing] their virginity, Muse B still sticks to true consent, which means that A's heart must agree with their mind. Muse A goes to sleep embarrassed and irritated, only to wake up with muse B still there. When asked, muse B had decided to stay because [B's Decision] and they made a deal to help muse A. The deal in question never specified that the help needed to be sexual, although it was implied. So now muse A has an unexpected ( and rather attractive ) roommate.

When it rains, it pours...

Name: Erren Daelar

Eye Color: Rusty Brown
Hair Color: Dark Brunette
Height: 5 feet 6 inches
Build: Lean, muscular, athletic

I'm throwing this in just in case it's difficult to see in the CS I made
e6151108bcc25340f0301dbfb392c825.jpg
Imaginary Imaginary

"Hello, I'm the lie living for you-

-so you can hide."

Name: Arian
Species: incubus
Hair color: black
Eye color: striking green
Height: 6'2 ft
Build: athletic

b18f5e730050f462cfbbce03d83014a7.png

Last edited:
Erren yawned as she left the café where she worked, her feet were aching something fierce. She slid her jacket over her shoulders, the evening chill air biting her warm skin. She felt her phone buzz in her pocket and she fished it out, bleary-eyed as she trudged along the sidewalk. Eey gurl! I just gave your number to this totes hot guy I met today! Read the text from one of her friends. She stopped walking, staring blankly at the screen as another message came through. The number was unknown, so she assumed it was the guy her friend had been talking about. Hopefully this one wasn't completely insane, or she would have to change her number. Again. She hesitated on clicking the message, having told all her friends to never give out her number. Goes to show how much they listened to her.

As soon as she opened the message, she regretted it. "D*** pics again!? Arrgh!!" she groaned loudly, to the surprise of the passersby. She flushed, glancing around, before quickly responding to the message and then deleting it. What did you tell that guy? He sent me a pic of his... stuff! She texted back to her friend, throwing in several angry emojis. She shoved the phone back into her pocket and began the trek back to her apartment. She was lucky to have found an apartment so close to where she worked, the walk to and from really did good for her. She pulled her phone from her pocket again when it went off, reading the complaint and whine about needing to not be a virgin from her friend. They had all seemed to rag on her ever since they had all found out. Which hadn't been on purpose.

There was only one friend of hers who seemed to understand and not poke fun. Her best friend that she had made when she started working at the café. "At least she understands." Erren muttered to herself as she shoved her hands into the pockets of her jacket and continued home. This had become a norm, though irritating.

When she arrived home, she leaned against her door as she made sure it was locked and kicked her shoes off. From there, she stripped down to her underpinnings and trudged toward the kitchen. She hadn't had dinner yet, and was starving. She turned her ringtone to loud and set it on the counter as she rummaged through what little she had in terms of food. Ding! Ping! Then the sounds of one of her more favorite bands began playing. With a spoon hanging from her mouth, she absently set the tub of yogurt on the counter and picked up her phone to silence it. She went through the notifications, and anger bubbled into her chest. They had gone to far. Message after message on social media flooded to her phone of perverted guys offering to pop her cherry. Disgusting pigs.

She turned her phone off, and launched it at the couch, yelling in frustration. Except she had misjudged the direction, and the phone slammed into her only heirloom from her grandmother. Shatter. With a squeal, she ran over to check on her phone. She cried out, "I can't afford a new one!" and slumped to her knees. She looked at the bookshelf dejectedly, something she hadn't bothered to look closely at since she had gotten it. It was filled with old books that had fascinated her as a child, but the one that stood out now was something she hadn't ever seen before. Curiously, she pulled the book from the shelf, and opened it. After scanning over several pages, she realized it was an old spell book. Her grandmother had been Wiccan, though her mother didn't care for the witchcraft as she called it. Her father told her all that wasn't real.

But her grandmother believed, and had taught Erren lots of things before she had died. Summoning was the title of the chapter that she had opened up to, and she began to read. Cheeks flushed, but a plan hatching in her mind as she read about the spirits that could be summoned to do any manner of things. "Fine. If they want me to lose my virginity so badly, at least I can do it on my own terms." She thought as she came upon a page that described the summoning. Of course, she held no belief that it would work, but she was going to be funny at least. She set the book down on the couch, open to the page, and went to fetch her backup phone. It was old, and clearly wasn't a smartphone, but it was something she could use for the moment. She pulled up the text messages, and made a mass message for all her friends. Gonna summon my own hottie and lose it tonight. So stop trying to hook me up! >P She hit send and then set the phone down on the coffee table.

She prepared a space just as the book described and began the ritual.

Unlike the common belief of many, the celestial realm wasn't divided into heaven and hell per se;
It was more like... Two cities populated by hardcore Patriots, that however occasionally came together in peace, as long as no one talked bad about eachother's home.
It all wasn't as militant as many imagined.
One of the few popular spots for everyone to meet was a run-down little pub, Gil's. It was one of the more shady places, mainly visited by demons and likely creatures, however, some rouge angels occasionally came to visit the bar.
Pub brawls were a common thing here, though the owner, an elderly succubus named Gil that was about three hundred pounds heavier than she should be, usually ended those quite quickly. Nobody messed with her, as Gil was known to, well... Eat those who pissed her off.
And losing a body part was funny for no one, Immortal or Not.
Right now though, everyone was having a great time...

That is, until the door opened and a dark shadow fell upon the crowd of angels, demons and everything in between.
A pair of bloodshot, red glowing eyes glared around while a pale, boney hand pulled the deep, black hood back, revealing a face that looked like it belonged into a grave, not a pub.
Mummified skin stretched over scraggy features that slowly faltered into a deep scowl.
The air was thick as oil, visitors standing motionless, frozen like deer in a pair of headlights.
You could have heard a pin drop, the silence wasn't even broken by the breathing of a single one of them.
Death was among them, and no one was feared more. Death was the one who could end an immortal life, death was total, he was final, and he knew no compromise or mercy.

"Where is he?", Words spoken with a voice that sounded like churchbells breaking made it past crippled lips, revealing a pair of black, rotten teeth.
The silence remained.
"WHERE! IS HE!"
An angel stepped forwards, feathers tightly pressed against his wings in fear as he looked up at the dark creature like he was expecting his life to be ended within the next second.
"He... He didn't show up since last month, sire... His place is abandoned as well. Nobody knows where he is hiding..."
A thud broke the silence...
And the angel fell to the floor lifelessly, while death turned and left, leaving every single one shivering in fear as they brought the angel away.

Meanwhile, a blonde boy, covered in intricate tattoos, leisurely strolled the streets of the light city, occasionally stopping to look at something in the windows of some shops, or to grab a snack at some of the various food trucks.
He wasn't a fan of how angels tended to act like they were better than everyone, but he did have to admit, they knew how to cook.
Plus, no one would expect him here.
An incubus hiding among angels was as likely as a wolf hiding amongst lions.
His kind wasn't exactly liked to begin with, and angels saw incubi as one of the most worthless demons that existed in their realm.

He was just turning a corner into a dark alley, when suddenly the ground opened up under his feet and Arian fell.

The next thing he realized was laying on a wooden floor, his back aching as hell.
Groaning, the incubus slowly opened his eyes and pushed himself into a sitting position.
Slowly, his appearance changed from blonde and fair-skinned to black-haired and tan, and his tattoos started to show again.
That was his specialty- he as an incubus could change his appearance at will, and right now, thanks to the short lots of consciousness, his actual appearance showed.

His striking green eyes landed on the girl in front of him, one eyebrow raising in confusion before he struggled to his feet, patting some folds out of his clothes.
The fitted, black top perfectly underlined his athletic build; another typical treat of incubi- they were attractive, probably the most attractive astral beings out there.
"Who are you?", He asked in Emochian, but then realized that most humans didn't speak that language. So where was he? What language was spoken here?
His gaze fell on the book in her hands.
The title was written in English...
"Who are you?", He asked again, this time in English, before he looked around.
"Did... Did you summon me?"

Erren felt her chest seize slightly as a tingling sensation pooled in her fingertips and began to spread up her arms as she had begun the ritual. Memories of her grandmother teaching her coming to the surface of her mind, settling the anxiety that threatened to choke her. Focusing on the memory of her grandmother, she took slow, deliberate breaths to calm herself as she continued with the ancient words. The floor became warm and began to glow slightly, and then the air seemed to open before her.

Out dropped a being, blonde and fair-skinned. Erren jumped slightly, the power almost instantly disappearing as her concentration had broken. She wanted to check and be sure this man hadn't been injured from the sudden drop, but something else kept her rooted in place. Then his appearance had begun to change. His once blonde hair gave way to black, and his ivory skin darkened with an almost caramel or even mocha color. The brunette woman couldn't help but stare, his tone body, the shaggy hair. The tattoos that appeared. Her cheeks warmed as she began to flush.

Then his eyes, almost like emeralds, locked onto her, causing her cheeks to redden even more so. He stood, straightening his clothes, a look of clear confusion on his face. Erren slowly stood as well, unable to take her eyes of the being she had, apparently, summoned. He spoke, but what language it was... Erren had no idea. She opened her mouth to explain, but his eyes dropped to the book she held and she froze. He changed languages with ease, which startled the woman, causing the book to fall from her fingers and land on the floor.

That seemed to bring Erren back to her senses as she dropped back to her knees to pick up the book. She checked it for damage, tenderly passing over the spine to check for breaks. She closed the book, and held it tightly to her chest as she stood once more. Her eyes never left his feet though, afraid that if she looked at him again, she would be stunned in silence again. She had never met someone so attractive, and now, she slightly regretted the summoning. How did she think this was going to work? She could barely talk to strange guys anywhere, much less her own apartment!

"Y-yes... I summoned you." she all but whispered, licking her lips nervously.

An avalanche of questions rushed through the incubus' mind, stating with 'why did she summon me?'.
howevrr, that wasn't the most important thing right now, was it?
he was on earth.
on earth!
a wide grin formed on the demon's face while his wings twitched in excitement.
this was perfect. It was absolutely perfect, why hadn't he thought of this earlier?
sure, Earth was a rough place and it wasn't easy to get there, at least not for someone like him, but that just made it better!
death would never suspect him to be down here, and he never left the astral realm anyway. He only took care of deaths among celestial creatures and sent his minions to collect souls on earth, so as long as no one would die in his presence, we was as safe as nowhere else.
and even if one of death's minions would see him; they all didn't know his true apappearance. He'd be safe and sound down here as long as he would keep his little problem under control, but he'd find a solution for that later. He still had plenty of time, about a week, until it would become an actual problem, if everything would go as expected.

Arian hurried over to the next window and looked at the world outside excitedly.
humans, humans everywhere!
no demon or angel to be seen; most stayed away nowadays, after big parts if their population had fallen victim to the persecution in middle age.
dark times...
But when a car drove by, Arian's attention was immediately dragged away from the past.
He had never seen a car from this close up before, as they weren't a necessity in a world where everyone could either fly, teleport or run faster than a car.
Well, almost everyone at least-
While Arian did have the capability to elargen his wings to fly, theoretically, he very much preferred to let his wings stay the way they were and walk.
The last time he had tried, he'd kind of broken... Harlem...
So, he would've been happy to have a car, but they just were non-existent up there.

However, Arian soon remembered that he wasn't alone;
His summoner was still standing there, staring at his feet, for whatever reason.
Had he stepped in pigeon dirt or something?
He subtly looked under the soles of his sandals, but couldn't spot anything.
Okay, yes-
He had never been summoned before. At least not in the last, what, eight hundred years or so? He was a little rusty interacting with humans, which were kind of similar... Yet completely different from angels and demons.
Sure, he had done lots of people watching, but it wasn't the same, of course.

"Uhh...", He said kind of helplessly, shrugging with his wings.
"Okay. Well, you summoned me, I'm here. You know what? I'm having a fantastic day today and I'm actually curious- why did you summon me?
as in- an incubus? We aren't exactly a well-known kind of demon... Let alone one that most would like to have around. It's all prejudice, by the way, we don't suck the life out of someone while having a... Time with them. At least not the modern ones. You won't want to meet a traditionalist Incubus though."
Noticing that he was rambling, Arian shut up, his emerald eyes boring into hers as if he was trying to see what was going on inside her mind.
"I trailed off", he said, biceps flexing as he awkwardly scratched the back of his neck before he flashed a brilliant smile at the girl.
"Whatever. Why did you summon me?"

Erren watched as he seemed to get excited about something, rushing over to the window of her apartment, her face warm and flush. Her mind was in a panic as she tried to figure out why in the world she had thought this was a good idea. She was the epitome of embarrassing in her own opinion, floundering when it came to the opposite gender. In stories, or movies, there was always that one guy who didn't know how to talk to girls, or interact with them. Well, in the story of her own life, she was that character. She had never had a boyfriend, much less kissed or even held hands with a boy. Okay, she had the odd crush here and there, but it only made her inability to interact that much worse!

Finally, it seemed he took notice of her again. His attention reverting to the situation at hand rather than the outside world. So he was an incubus? The brunette's mind immediately went to the stories she'd read about those particular mythological beings. Which only seemed to intensify her flushing cheeks. She hadn't expected a being like him, then again, she hadn't expected anything! Her panicked mind finally put a puzzle piece together and realized, of course she would have summoned an incubus. That kind of being fit her 'needs' exactly when it came to the reason she had attempted the summoning in the first place.

Her eyes trailed upward as he spoke, until their gazes had met. It felt like his sight was boring a hole right through her being, as if he were attempting to read her mind or something. She wondered if he was even capable of doing that? A shiver ran up her spin at the thought, and she grabbed one of the pillows off her couch that was nearby and launched it at him when he smiled. Maybe that would break the tension she was feeling?

She took several deep breaths, only to realize she had all but just assaulted what was supposed to be a guest in her home. The teachings of her grandmother came back with a vengeance. With a squeal she completely forgot that this was some incubus that was nearly the pure definition of an Adonis look-a-like, and ran over to him. "Oh my gawd, I'm so sorry!! Are you okay?!" she asked, frantic. "I don't know what I was thinking. I'm sorry. It's just you're so... and I'm, well... With you..." she rambled on about the summoning, his sudden appearance, and the like. Though it was difficult to keep the story straight as she spoke, being that she was leaving out the most embarrassing statements. Like the fact that he was the hottest thing she'd ever seen, or something to that effect.

"Honestly, I never thought the summoning would work. I mean... yeah, I was looking to lose my virginity... but I didn't think..." she finally got around to saying why she had even performed the ritual. She immediately stopped talking, slapping a hand over her mouth. Her eyes watered with embarrassment, and she grabbed up the same pillow she had thrown at the being, only to bury her face into it as she collapsed to her knees.

"hey!", Arian called rather surprised than startled when suddenly the girl hauled a pillow at him and stepped aside in a speed that was far beyond human, causing the like to only graze his shoulder.
What had he done to deserve such treatment?!
Then it dawned on the demon-
While he had stayed the same for countless centuries, humanity had changed. Their belief in magic and deities had diminished to the point of barely anyone believing in them-
And that again meant that she probably hadn't expected the summoning to work at all.
Well that was unfortunate for her, maybe, as she'd have to get used to the fact that everything was true, but for Arian, it was a once-in-a-lifetime chance to finally escape death for good and start over.
All he wanted was peace, dammit!

And suddenly the girl was standing much closer than before, clearly upset and apparently helpless about what to do.
He couldn't help but laugh a little when she asked if he was okay; heck what was she thinking, that he was some kind of vulnerable mortal?
"I'm an age-old demon with abilities that go far beyond what you can imagine", he chuckled, unintentionally looking hot as ever- and even hotter when he gave her a bedroom-eyed smirk.
"I think I'll surv-"
But then she rambled on about herself, him, the summoning, and a load of fragments he had difficulties piecing together during her jumbled speech.
"Uh-"
He just wanted to say something, but the girl was already busy talking on and all of a sudden said something about wanting to lose her virginity;

The next second she was kneeling on the floor with the pillow in her face.

Arian only had a second to look equally confused and uncomfortable, before all of a sudden, his bright eyes turned entirely black and his appreance changed from an extremely good-looking, winged, dark-skinned guy with shaggy hair and striking eyes to something that seemed to have come straight out of a nightmare.
His skin became pale to the point of looking like it belonged to a drowned, while his wings grew bigger and ragged.
His hair became longer and straight while his fingernails free pointy and his body lost almost all substance, leaving him to look like a horrifying mix of zombie and vampire.
Black markings moved over his ashen skin as a silent, slurring sound escaped his throat.
He was bending down, and definitely not to comfort his summoner, but just a second he would have touched her and she could have seen what he had become, the green of his eyes broke through the black again and slowly, in a soundless fight against himself, Arian returned to his former, good-looking self.

He was a little out of breath, nothing too bad, but the look in his eyes revealed how terrified he was truly feeling.
He knew better than to believe that he had it fully understand control.
If she would push the right buttons, like she had just done by speaking of losing her virginity, he knew he wouldn't be able to hold back.
But for now, he had managed to put the monster back into the cage, so he kneeled down in front of her and carefully, hesitantly, rested his hand on her shoulder.
His eyes grew a little darker once more, but this time he managed to suppress it right away.

Arian gently pulled the pillow away and cocked his head to the left, giving her his most calming smile.
"Hey, no need to be embarrassed", he said softly. "See That's how animals work. The need to reproduce is natural f-... I didn't mean to call you an animal, I just-"
He slapped his forehead, chuckling awkwardly.
"Let me start over. You don't need to feel embarrassed. My kind is used to these things, it's natural. And it's natural for you to feel like this, incubi are born to be attractive. My looks, my voice, even my smell. It's how we lure our prey- humans."
The statement was hanging in the air like a death sentence.
But Arian's gloomy gaze soon lighted up and he actually looked at the girl as if they were old friends.
"Don't worry, though. As I said, I'm refusing to feed on humans."
He sighed softly, slightly shaking his head when he locked his eyes to the girl's.
"But I won't help you. See, I might look like I'm in my mid twenties, but I'm well over five thousand years old. Things were different in my last life on earth. Call me old-fashioned, but I'm sticking to true consent; as long as our hearts don't agree with the idea of us sleeping together, it won't happen."
Arian's expression and voice softened a little more when he got up and held his hand to the girl to help her stand up.
"Think about it; you only have one first time- it should be something special. For example with someone whose name you know."
The incubus' laughed sorry, winking at her. "I'm Arian."

Embarrassment, and quite possibly, a bit of fear all but crushed Erren's chest as she tried to calm her racing heart. Something about the air in the room became terrifying, and on top of spouting off about losing her virginity, the poor girl couldn't bring herself to move the pillow from her face. Even though it was beginning to become difficult to breath through the fabric and stuffing. Then the ominous feeling dispersed, leaving nothing but the burning embarrassment behind. She could feel his presence become closer, the soft sound of him moving about, only to find the pillow gently tugged from her fingers to uncover her hidden features.

Her cheeks were flushed, darkening her already caramel skin as he smiled at her. She felt her heart flutter at the sight, and she gulped down a calming breath. Then he began to speak, starting with the biggest understatement of the century. She bit her lip nervously, fighting the laugh that attempted to escape when he slapped his forehead. Apparently, spirits made mistakes as well. That was comforting, in a way. Though the feeling was quickly replaced by a sense of dread when he mentioned prey, to which he seemed to attempt to reassure her that he, at least, was not looking at her like a meal.

Erren felt her heart calm down some as he began to talk about true consent, that their hearts had to be in it, blah blah blah. All stuff that was only found in romantic comedy movies, or romance novels. If she hadn't summoned this incubus herself, she'd have thought he was some guy spewing nonsense to make girls want to sleep with him even more. "I-I'm... Erren." she responded almost automatically when he finally introduced himself, hesitantly reaching out to take his offered hand, helping her to her feet. She stared at their hands, obviously holding it for longer than expected.

She jumped, pulling her hand from his quickly. "S-sorry!" she apologized quickly, moving to tidy up the room. She tossed the pillow back onto the couch, and moved to blow out a candle before she stopped herself. "Right. I need to close the circle..." she muttered to herself, picking up the old book she had once again dropped when she flung the pillow at the incubus. She opened up the book, looking at the summoning page, and felt her face pale. "So, if this book is correct, it looks like you are stuck here with me until the contract is complete." she started, looking up from the book at Arian.

Her face flushed again, and she snapped her eyes back to the book. "What I mean... is... you can't return to wherever you came from... until... the reason I summoned you has been fulfilled." she explained, her heart pounding in her chest again. Once again, she felt swallowed by embarrassment, hiding her face in the book.

Arian watched silently when Erren kept holding his hand until she pulled back, apparently only now realizing that she had been holding on to him for much longer than she would've needed.
He didn't blame her, as he had explained, his kind was made to be irresistibe.
Spiders used nets to hunt, lions under their muscles and claws...
And incubi used their devilish good looks and ability to glamor others. They basically were a more dangerous version of their cousins, the vampires, and shared all their strengths... But none of their weaknesses. Nature had created a perfect hunter.

When Erren explained that he wouldn't be able to go back- or rather that she wouldn't be able to close the circle- before the reason for his summoning was fulfilled, the incubus' eyes widened.
Not because he hated the thought of having to stay here though, heck he'd choose earth over the astral realm anytime, especially when minding the situation he was in regarding death up there, but an open circle was like an open portal. Other creatures would be able to pass through it if they just knew how, and that would mean a serious threat not only for this world and its habitants, but also Arian himself.
Still, though, being old-fashioned wasn't the only reason why he refused to sleep with Errin;
He simply couldn't, at least not if he wanted her to stay alive. The monster inside him would take over, that was for sure, and while her death would be certain in that case, he also couldn't be sure that he'd be able to get himself back under control afterwards. In the worst case, he would end up slaughtering the whole city, one by one.
If something would help him keep the monster under control, he'd get it was true love.

But as he had only known her for five minutes and was far from falling in love with her, that was no option.
There had to be a way to protect the world and himself from others that could possibly pass through the portal, though!

The demon hurried to seek the shelves in the kitchen for a bowl and a knife, a rosary, salt, water, and lamb blood. Lacking the latter, he grabbed what was the most similar- a raw lamb fillet.
Cursing silently, Arian hurried back into the living room, grabbed the fillet and squeezed it until he had managed to drain some blood out of it, into the bowl.
Next he mixed it with the salt, threw the rosary into the water, mumbling some incantations in Emochian, and poured the purified water into the mix before he slit his own hand with the knife and let some of his own blood drip into the strange mix.
At last, he used the bloody mix to draw runes over runes and symbols on the ground all around the circle.
When he was done, he sighed contently, and went to take care of Errin.

"You have a thing for hiding your face in objects, hm?", He chuckled softly and pushed the book down.
"Well, as you have been summoning me and aren't able to close the circle until our contract is fulfilled, it means it's an open crack leading right into my world. And trust me when I say you don't want anything from my world down here. These protective runes should be able to protect us from everything excepting werewolves, death itself and incubi."
At the mention of his own kind, Arian's expression grew much more serious and worried.
He wasn't able to protect her from his own kind, of course, otherwise he'd harm himself with the runes, but he knew how deceiving they could be; how could he make sure that some other incubus' wouldn't make her believe it was Arian to make her sleep with him- which would mean her death sentence?

"Errin, listen", he said seriously. "Others of my kind might come to make you believe they are me. They might try to make you think I'd want to fulfill the contract. It would kill you, and believe me, death is the most pleasant part when an incubus starts to feed on you. So whatever happens, if you ever think it might not be me standing in front of you- grab a silver knife, get ready to fight and ask for my first memory. No one except you and me knows it, that way you can be sure you won't get killed. The answer you should expect is 'pain'."
His expression darkened noticeably at the last word, but the reason behind that answer was nothing that needed to be discussed now. Not at this point of them being nothing more than strangers.

He just hoped that he has covered all possibilities of protecting the world, Errin and himself from whatever could possibly come through the portal at some point. It was invisible in both worlds, which was a big plus, but that didn't mean no one would be able to find it. And he'd rather not die yet.

Erren heard the rummaging going on in her kitchen, but she was far to embarrassed to attempt to investigate. First, she attempts something that she recalled was all but forbidden by her grandmother. Due to the manner of effect a summoning circle had on the mortal realm. It was a doorway that any manner of being could attempt to use if they knew where to look. Then, the summoning actually worked! Something she thought was mere myth! Third, the being she summoned was an incubus. A creature that would steal her life if they were to do... that. A creature that was beyond gorgeous, and made her skin crawl. Though not in a horrible way. To top all of that off, she apparently summoned, quite possibly, the only incubus that had moral standards when it came to sleeping with someone. Just. Her. Luck.

She took a deep breath, the musty pages of the book and the smell of old ink seeming to calm her nerves for the moment. Then the book was pushed away from her face, finding that she was once again face to face with the being she had summoned. He began to speak, confirming her departed grandmother's warnings about the dangers of summoning. Though she could feel the color drain from her face at the mention of having to fight.

"W-wait! You expect m-me to fight!?" she stammered, dumbfounded as her arms went slack, but thankfully she didn't drop the book to the floor. She closed it, and quickly returned it to the shelf where she had first retrieved it from. "I can't even kill a spider in my apartment!" she fretted, pressing a hand to her forehead as she let the thoughts sink into her mind. "The only silver I own is my jewelry..." she continued, mumbling something about a metal allergy. Then it was the final thing that he had said that sunk in, and she snapped her eyes to him, "Wait, pain?" she asked, all concern for herself seeming to have disappeared.

Now she merely looked upon Arian in a new light. If his first memory had something to do with pain, and it had noticeably caused his expression to darken, what could he have been put through? Now, he seemed more normal than supernatural. An injured animal, almost. A gorgeous one that was nigh irresistible, but one nonetheless. She took another deep breath, "Well, guess I have a new roommate, then." she sighed.

Arian had almost expected that reaction when he had told Errin that she'd maybe have to fight, but he hadn't expected her to have not a single friggin silver knife in her house!
He let out a long sigh.
This would become much more complicated than he had suspected, but he had been through much worse, and heck he wouldn't give up now.
He was much too stubborn for that.
And honestly, he was too proud to let himself or the person who had summoned him be killed by one of his own kind. Or anyone else, for that matter.
It was hard to explain, but being summoned by Errin seemed to have formed an invisible bond, maybe she had accidentally misspelled a rune or two in the circle that had caused this bond, or maybe it was just him being a generally protective person... But he indeed did feel the need to protect her from whatever could come through that portal.

"Yes, pain", he said simply at her question, clearly indicating that he wouldn't be talking about this further.
However he immediately felt bad for sounding much harsher than he had originally intended, and he ended up sighing softly before he closed his eyes for a moment.
"Look, I... Don't really want to talk about it. Let's just say my kind is looked down upon in my world. They see us and see whores. I guess you could compare it to the way your world sees prostitutes. No one of us is safe from that hate, not even newborns. That's all I want to say about the matter for now."

He actually managed to give her a small smile before he pulled a dagger from his belt and held it out for Errin to take it, his expression going back to somber and sorrowful.
"The handle and sheath are made of bone, but the blade is silver; the most effective weapon against my kind. Carry it with you at all times. You need it more than I do now. And I will teach you how to fight. Just- leave the dagger in its sheath for training, I don't wanna die yet."
At the last sentence, there was actually a mischievous grin forming on the incubus' face, as if he enjoyed the thought; and he had to admit, he did. He was an excellent fighter, and he had always enjoyed teaching others his tricks, but rarely ever done so because there was no one he could trust in his world.
That was the the case here, though; he felt like he could trust Errin that she wouldn't try to kill him; after all, she needed him to close the circle... As long as that might take, minding they needed true love to unfold between them to close it.

He grinned widely when he approached Errin, his body language suddenly changing from serious to almost seductive when he gently bit his bottom lip and gave her his best bedroom eyes, whioe he slowly approached and put his strong, toned arm around her shoulder-
And ended up shifting just an inch into a strangling position.
"Never let an Incubus fool you", he whispered to her ear. "They are masters of distraction."
He let go of her again and winked, to let her know he was no thread and had just been demonstrating the typical approach of one of his kind.
"Never forget, Errin- an incubus, every Incubus, is a monster. We have a soul as black as the night hiding in a flawless shell. And nothing will keep one of us from killing you, except love or death. They are deceiving, they have no conscience; from now on, trust no one. We can change our appearance to anything and everything at will; everyone could be an Incubus. Your mother, your father, your best friend."

The things he had told her weren't all true, Arian himself did have a conscience and was capable of feelings and compassion, but he was so consumed by hate for his own kind that he had come to hate himself as well; still, his will to live was stronger, and even though he didn't want to admit it, he was craving for someone to reach out to him and show him another way.
But that feeling was something he had no words for, so it lingered deep within him without him ever really acknowledging it.

"I'm sorry you have to deal with all this so suddenly", Arian suddenly said completely unexpectedly, watching as the seconds ticked by on the clock.
Yes, he did want to reach her how to defend herself against his own kind, but he didn't want to overwhelm her or scare her either...as stupid as that sounded, he did want her to be happy, regardless of what could possibly happen.
The chances of one of them finding the way we're small anyway, right? So showing and explaining the basics should be enough...

A thought crossed Arian's mind that distracted him for a moment, and he raised one eyebrow at Errin.
"Why are you so eager to lose your virginity, by the way?", He asked quite puzzled. "I mean, it's not like it something bad, right? Sorry if that's too personal, I'm just trying to understand. And, I don't know, you summoned me here for a purpose that I can't help you with right now, but, I don't know, maybe I can make up for it somehow, or something..."

The brunette just looked at him, her chest tightening defensively at his harsher tone, but she took a deep breath to calm herself. He softened and reiterated with a bit more detail on why he didn't care to speak of why his first memory had anything to do with pain. So she quelled the questions that had formed in her thoughts, pushing them further to the back of her mind. She stared at the dagger that was now held out to her, fearful of taking the weapon. Her curiosity of how he was holding it when he said it was dangerous to his kind was answered easily enough when he explained what made up the hilt. Carefully, she took the dagger, looking at it carefully. She pulled only the tiniest of bits to see a sliver of the silver blade. Staring at it for only a moment, she pushed it back fully into the sheath and looked back at Arian. Well, more so looked at a spot just above his shoulder that was behind him. So she wouldn't be to distracted by his appearance.

Though her eyes were torn from that quickly when Arian's demeanor changed, grinning almost widely, his body slinking toward her. Her face warmed, and her whole body seemed to freeze at that moment, anticipating something that she couldn't describe. His arm slid around her shoulder, making her body tingle where he touched, only find herself in a choke hold that made all the other feelings disperse rapidly. Her hands flew to his arm as it lay around her throat, the fear that replaced it all now making her writhe to pull from his grip.

When his hot breath brushed her ear as he began to whisper, she froze again, listening. Finally he let go of her, and she scrambled to put distance between them again. She turned to look at him as he described incubi, and pressed a hand to her mouth to hold back a small laugh. Her eyes twinkling with amusement. "I can believe you on that purely because I know nothing else. Though, I have to say," she started, lowering her hand. "If what you say of incubi is true, you're not much of one. No offense." she said lightly, though tagging on the last bit because she realized how she had just sounded. "I didn't mean that in a bad way." She said, biting her lower lip nervously.

She blinked at the sudden apology, and again when he asked why she seemed so eager to lose her v-card. Her face flushed, and she lowered herself onto the couch with a sigh. "No need to apologize. I made the somewhat foolish decision to try a summoning, even though my grandmother had always warned me against it. So you could say, I kind of brought this whole 'danger' thing on myself." she shrugged. As she spoke, she looked at Arian, her eyes seeming to show a sadness when she spoke of her grandmother. Then she let her gaze drop to the floor between her feet before answering his second question. "It's silly, honestly. I know being a virgin isn't a bad thing, but," she paused, biting her lip again. "In this era, people can perceive an adult who hasn't been intimate with at least one person almost as a child. Like... sleeping with someone is a rite of passage now to being an adult." she groaned, leaning back on the couch and now staring at the ceiling. "My friends... they've been teasing me relentlessly since they found out. Setting me up on blind dates, and all sorts of shenanigans." she complained. "Fuck, they've gone so far as to try and hook me up just to have sex! You wouldn't believe the reactions I got from guys that wanted to meet at a hotel restaurant when they found out I wasn't there to get in bed with them." her voice was almost whiney, but held a bit of irritation as well towards the memories she had of what her friends had done while trying to get her to loose her virginity.

"I found that book, and figured if I was going to lose it eventually, the least I could do was lose it in a way that I was in control of." she shrugged, waving toward the summoning circle. "That happened to be my answer, though I didn't really expect someone to show up. Though, now it proves my grandmother wasn't bonkers. My parents were the crazy ones for not believing her." she smiled at that thought.

Arian had instantly given up his fighting stance when Errin had pushed herself away from him, not wanting to scare her even more than he had already done. He knew it was a rather unconventional way of teaching her a lesson about how his kind worked, but he couldn't afford wasting time with velvet gloves right now. She needed to be able to defend herself if he wanted not only her but also himself to survive a possible arrival of another Incubus. Or succubus, for that matter, though it was rare that they attacked females.
It happened more and more often though, as of lately...
When she pulled the dagger out just a bit too have a look at the blade, Arian immediately took a step back, staring at it until it was safely tucked into the sheath again. He had seen a few incubi die at the edge of this blade; and every time it had been a nasty sight. They hadn't just died; the silver had cleansed their black blood, made it toxic for them... They had been killed by their own blood from the inside out. A single, small cut was enough to bring one into the grave; though the was barely anything left to be buried.

He had been silent as a grave ever since the moment Errin had said that if what he had told her about incubi was true, he was not much of one.
One could've probably mistaken his silence for anger or depressed brooding, if it hadn't been for the constant, wide grin that was plastered into his face, his sharp canines blinking in the evening light.
He wasn't like those incubi he had just described?
Did she really mean it?
It was kind of funny how she acted like she had just said something offensive, while actually, she had made him the biggest compliment he'd ever received.
His heart was beating faster just from excitement and happiness.
He'd really have to thank her for this... And maybe he already had an idea.
After all, he couldn't help her with why she had summoned him right now, but there for sure was something else he could help her with, maybe kick a few asses or repair something around the apartment...

He listened silently, with a deep frown on his face when she described his her friend were sticking their noses into things that were absolutely none of their business and seeing her up with men who were only all about getting into her pants.
He felt sick.
He had always admired humans for their freedom and all the choices they had in life, but thinking how some of them used those chances... Yuck.
No, he had given up on that way of life many decades ago, and even though it made his life a lot harder, he wouldn't change a thing. Okay exciting they one incident maybe...

A smile crossed his face when Errin mentioned her grandmother and he looked around, hoping to find a picture of her. There indeed seemed to be one, right on the bookshelf. His eyes widened a fraction, but he still seemed as calm as before.
"Your grandmother was a good person", he said softly. "when she was a young woman, I'd say about your age, she had the brilliant idea to summon a familiar, feeling like she, as a 'witch', should have one. She summoned my father by accident. And even though she couldn't protect him from getting killed by an enemy that had been after him for centuries, she did everything to help his son afterwards. She sent me so many letters. I wouldn't be the man I am today if it wasn't for her. I owe her a lot."

Arian silently cleared his throat upon noticing that he had maybe said too much and slightly lifted his shoulders.
He actually hadn't even planned to tell her anything about him having lost his family, but the picture of her grandmother had made him spill it all like an open book. Dammit.
Trying to change the topic, the incubus recalled what she had told him about her friends and grinned.
"Well on a lighter note- I think I can help you with your friends. Come on!"
Grinning like the devil himself Arian grabbed her hand and pulled her with him into the bedroom, where he used his shape shifting powers to make his wings disappear and some normal clothes replace his typical demonic attire. He still looked devilishly handsome, yet, human.
Winking at Errin, he slipped out of his shoes, took off his shirt and plopped down on her bed, covering his jeans- that he of course kept on- with her blanket to make it look like he was laying in her bed naked.
"There you go, come here and send them a photo of us and write nothing. They'll misinterpret the rest all on their own and leave you in peace with that topic... Or, well, at least with trying to set you up with random idiots. I'll take care of the rest."

((By the way~
wp7.jpg

((Nice picture! :) ))

Erren stared, almost dumbly, when Arian began talking about her grandmother. The look on his face, and the tone in which he used to speak of her spoke just as many volumes as the words that spilled from his lips. She caught how he shifted, figuring he hadn't meant to say that but was caught off guard by their shared contact. She looked toward the bookshelf where she kept the image of her grandmother, her face softening. So that's who she always talked about. And the reason why she warned against summoning. She thought, her eyes darting from the picture to the incubus that she had summoned.

She seemed to feel more comfortable now, knowing that the incubus she had summoned just, luckily enough, knew her grandmother as well. It almost seemed to make it feel as though they were distant friends that hadn't met until now. Well, something like that. He didn't seem as much of a stranger now, at least. The brunette bit back a giggle as he changed the subject, only confirming her statement about him not being much as he described. In her mind, at least. Though, it didn't occur to her to keep her guard up, at least around this one. She'd have to be alert against others, if they came through the circle like he said they could.

She curiously watched him as he moved to her bedroom, her cheeks flushing as she realized she hadn't necessarily cleaned up for company. She followed after him, wanting to tell him not to go into the room, but she couldn't find the words until it was to late. His appearance had changed, now looking human rather than not, and shirtless. She froze in the doorway, staring as he winked and flopped onto her bed, the blanket hiding the fact he was still wearing pants.

She felt her cheeks flush once again, and she wanted to melt into the floor. This was to much, she hadn't expected that at all. She felt her feet moving, slowly gravitating toward her bed as well. She stopped an arms length from the bed, finally registering then ruse he had planned. "I-I left my phone out there..." she muttered, and turned, leaving the room. She moved quickly, going to the couch where her back-up phone sat on one of the cushions. She took several deep breaths of air as she picked it up, Nothing to worry about. He's not naked. He's helping me trick my friends... She told herself silently, repeating it like a mantra as she moved back to her room.

She left the door open, and did what she could not to stare at Arian's chest. She slipped her sandals off, her mind racing. She glanced at herself, and had an idea strike her. "Well, if we're going to be convincing... Hang on." she said, her nerves finally settled enough she could function properly. She went over to her dresser, yanked open a drawer, and shuffled through it's contents. She pulled out strip of fabric, "I don't usually wear this..." she muttered to herself, and glanced back at Arian. "One sec." she smiled, and went into the adjacent bathroom. She changed from her blouse to a tube-top, so that the important parts of her chest were covered, but her shoulders were bare. She removed her earrings and necklace, placing them gently in her jewelry box before going back into her room. "They wouldn't believe anything if it looked like I was still wearing a shirt." she said with a shrug, her cheeks warm. She continued to remind herself that this was only to trick her friends, and nothing more to keep from being to embarrassed to even consider such a thing.

She carefully, almost tenderly, climbed into her bed beside Arian. Her phone in hand, she opened the camera application and held it up to Arian, "Uhm… just hit the white button at the bottom of the screen when you want to take the picture. I wouldn't know what.... to be convincing..." she explained, her voice faltering into a mumble by the end of her statement.

Arian couldn't help but be amused about the way Errin blushed to a deep red.
The tension was almost tangible and for a moment he wondered if she was misunderstanding this whole situation- but then she luckily seemed to get it.
He watched with a half grin when she hurried back into the living room to get her phone.
He used the moment alone to ruffle his hair, to make it look messed up.
To be honest, he normally wouldn't even have done that much for someone, but he liked Errin, so he could make an exception for her, he guessed.
After all, she had summoned him and had gotten him out of that world in which he had to fear for his life. Yeah, the way she had done the summoning had been rather crap than well done, but for a first try it definitely was something.
And she was Lilium's granddaughter;
If he hadn't already considered doing it for her, he would have done it for her grandmother.
He owed her so much... Both of them now...

The way she had looked at him after he had told her about knowing her grandmother crossed his mind; her expression had softened, as if she felt a little easier around him from that moment.
No wonder; they shared a part of their past, a part that meant a lot to both of them.
Lilium's loss has been very painful for him, and he could only imagine how it had been for Errin... Maybe he should try to talk about it with her sometime, when they would have gotten used to each other a little.

When she came back into the bedroom, and soon headed into the bathroom, mumbling something like 'dont usually wear this' Arian found himself looking after her, his heart dropping a bit when his mind went into override upon imagining what the heck she was doing.
She wasn't doing anything that could possibly make him lose control of his monstrous nature...right?
Killing her and several other people wasn't the thing he wanted to do... He had done that for far too often in his past.
A past he tried to forget, but... He couldn't.

His eyes widened just a fraction when she came back in a tube top.
Of course.
He had to chuckle approvingly, nodding at her when she climbed into the bed next to him.
"Right. I didn't even think of that. Stupid."

He looked at her phone for a moment, another thing he was well-informed about, yet had never held in his hands before;
The astral realm didn't need them, yet, he found them quite fascinating.
Arian turned the phone around in his hands for a moment, taking in the details of it before he turned it back around to take the photo.

"Let me just-..."
He stretched his hand out to ruffle Errin's hair as well, after all, who had tidy hair after sleeping with someone?
When he was done with her hair, he wrapped one arm around her waist and pulled her close to him, into his arms, against his chest.
"Try to look a little less shocked", he chuckled softly before he gently kissed her forehead and at the same time snapped the photo.
Showing it to Errin, it looked like two people who had just had the time of their lives and were deeply in love.
"Now for the grande finale", he said, and prepared to send it off with the caption 'I'd be glad if you'd stop trying to set my girlfriend up with random guys. ~Arian'.
Before he hit the send button though, he handed the phone to Errin with a small smile, bringing a little bit of distance between them again.
"Okay like this?"

Last edited:
Erren may not have much experience dealing with those of the opposite gender in certain social situations; Yet her knack for people watching allowed her to catch and understand the incubi's expression over her new attire. She had to bite her lip slightly to keep from laughing, both from nerves and the fact that this supposed incubus was still surprised, apparently, to see a woman in a tube top. Of course, her thoughts went to his explanation of his age, and the time he had originated from. As knowledgeable he seemed about the world around him, maybe he was just surprised she was showing so much skin? That idea, as weird as it seemed, made her stomach flutter unexpectedly. She concentrated on her breathing to keep from being a ball of embarrassed nerves as he studied her phone for a moment.

She tensed for only a moment when he ruffled her hair and got ready to take the picture, her face reddening as his arms slid around her waist and pulled her against his chest. Where his skin touched hers felt almost like it was a burning electricity. She wanted to squirm, both to move against him and away from him all at the same time. She recalled what he had said about what he was, and was meant to do. Rationalizing the feelings and emotions that now stirred within her mortal body. Both physically, and mentally.

His lips touched her forehead just as she heard the shutter sound of the camera taking its photo and the touch was gone just as quickly. She blinked at the mention of a grand finale, and watching his nimble fingers type out the message. She took the phone, shocked, as she stared at the message and the attached image. It was honestly something she would have seen on the cover of a romance novel than something she'd ever thought she'd see of herself. She blinked again as his voice filtered through the rush of feelings and emotions that she had been battling, and finally was able to look at him.

"Y-yeah. That should quiet them down." she managed, her voice feeling hoarse. She cleared her throat, and hit send, tossing the phone onto her side table as she slid off the bed. "Uh... W-well," she started, glancing over her shoulder at Arian. "Guess you can make yourself at home. There is food in the fridge... I think. If not, we can order pizza or something." she shrugged, moving back over to her dresser and rifling through one of the drawers. She grabbed out a bundle of cloth that she, then, clutched to her chest. "I... need to shower. I'll be out in a few minutes." she explained before disappearing rapidly into the bathroom, the door closing a bit harder than Erren had intended. The lock clicked over, and the human girl sighed heavily before turning the shower on full blast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back