Opinion My Character's Role

The Explorer

Philippians 4:13
I have a character that I've made. Specifically one of the near Godlike ones. Because all of my characters are overpowered in one way or another and the story is usually more about the drama and sorrow OP characters have to deal with in actual reality. Anyway, his power is Vesselship. As in he is a Perfect Vessel for any Spiritual Being, and one of the powers he gets from a Spiritual being is called "The Word".
He's practically normal and average otherwise, but anything he says out loud or writes down, or types on a computer in a word editor for authors is guaranteed to actually happen in real life. It's not instantaneous but it is very powerful when he realizes that every event that he wrote in his manuscript actually happened word for word a week after it was published. Which led to him being outed for having powers.
In your opinions, how should he deal with his life after that? I've been told that if I want a character to feel realistic and grounded in some believable sense of reality, then I have to make the readers believe that something like that could actually happen.
How should he react to his situation? What would be realistic?

It all comes down to what this person is actually like outside of his powers. I'd need to know a little more about them besides that to get a good idea of what they might do with this power.

He's a 26 year old. His dream is to be a renowned author. He studies different languages and cultures in order to create stories and characters for his audience.

He mainly writes poetry, but has been working on a novel about a superhero in hopes to make it big.

His favorite color is red.

With his manuscript finished he posted it online. A week later the world's first supervillain appeared and the events in his first chapter happened word for word.

He loves playing games like chess, and he can be very strategic when he wants to be.

He works as a part time programmer using ai bots he created to make programs and sell them without joining any other companies.

He's not a loner. He just usually finds himself in situations where he is alone. He works out around his home by doing cardio four days a week.

Anything specific you need to know just ask.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back