First name/Nickname: Rigby Rigbone Riggerson

-In Character-

47be926fe8cbc833e155b26a14e400d1.jpg

GENERAL

First Name: Rigby

Surname: Riggerson

Race: A raccoon

Fandom: Regular Show

Family members: Sherm (father), Barbera (mother), Don (younger brother), and Eileen (girlfriend)

Hometown: Unknown; possibly someplace in California. However, he lived at his town’s park since he was 23 along with his best friend, Mordecai.

Birth date: June 1, 1984

Zodiac: Gemini

Quotes: “Stop talking!” “Ohhhhhhh!”

Fun fact: He once legally changed his name to Trash Boat thinking that it would be cool and score him some major popularity points. He became popular alright just not in the way he intended. Long story short after being mercilessly teased and then nearly killed over his name change he managed to change his name back to Rigby.

MENTALITY

Sexuality: Straight

Likes: Mordecai, his other friends, Eileen, playing video games, arcades, slacking off, bank shot, rock paper scissors, food run, eating junk food, coffee, soda, doing donuts, rapping, partying, being seen as cool, geology, digging through the trash (scavenging), collecting junk, concerts, pranking, getting back at those who wrong him, and being messy.

Dislikes: Playing punchies since he tends to lose, small, confined spaces, losing, being jinxed, horror movies, songs getting stuck in his head, spoilers, his friends and parents liking Don (his younger brother) more than him, work, being told what to do, being wronged or teased, cleaning anything, and authority figures.

Fears: Claustrophobia, losing Mordecai as his best friend, Eileen dumping him, and horror movies.

Wants: The respect of his friends and girlfriend, to be taken seriously, for his parents to trust him as much as they trust Don, and anything that is seen as cool and popular.

Personality:

Rigby is probably best described as a wild adult even though he is now in his late twenties. The raccoon is in all honesty a bit of an emotional wreck in that it doesn’t take all that much for him to become frustrated, frightened, confused, and sad. He can also be very disrespectful, impulsive, arrogant, impatient, and immature. He really hates it whenever someone asks him to do something especially if it’s coming from an authority figure. He doesn’t even like it when his best friend tries to tell him what to do. Rigby is also a very messy person and as such he hates cleaning and organizing things. In fact, much like a regular raccoon he has the habit of digging through the trash scavenging for things much to his best friend’s chagrin and collecting all sorts of junk or anything he deems as cool.

Rigby is probably best described as a lazy slacker who loves to have fun, break rules, and party with his best friend. He also has a short attention span and gets bored very easily very quickly. Much like Mordecai he loves to play video games, sing karaoke, and rap. However, unlike Mordecai he’s not very good at video games (although he does have in depth knowledge of pretty much every video game) and as such he sometimes can be a bit of a sore loser. He is, however, skilled at bank shot and is better at rock, paper, scissors than Mordecai. He really hates it whenever Mordecai challenges him to punchies since he always loses due to being physically weaker. As such it really bugs him whenever Mordecai teases him for being physically weaker and for not being as skilled at video games.

In turn, Rigby has the tendency to hold grudges and can be particularly vindictive against anyone who wrongs or teases him. Also much like a child he tends the whine and complain a lot whenever he doesn’t get his way. Unsurprisingly, it rarely works in his favor. Whenever angered of flustered he will yell out, “stop talking!” Even though he isn’t the brightest, Rigby can be rather clever and quick thinking at times; which has saved the lives of both himself and his friends on several occasions.

In addition, Rigby is claustrophobic and he hates horror movies due to getting easily scared by them and getting nightmares for a full week after seeing one. Like his best friend he loves junk food, sodas, and coffee. An interesting fact about Rigby is how much of a light sleeper he is and how he seems to have a longer memory than Mordecai due to his ability to remember certain events. Also Rigby is something of a smooth talker due to how cool, clam, and collected he is when talking to girls and he can even make them laugh at his jokes; which is something that Mordecai is crazy jealous of. Rigby can also be manipulative and deceptive at times. While he is not as good at lying as Mordecai he is still very much a crazy skilled liar. Another interesting fact about Rigby is how he once legally changed his name to Trash Boat thinking that it would be cool and score him some major popularity points. He was wrong of course!

However, over the years Rigby has become a much better person. He is a lot more mature and responsible than when he first started at the park. He is also a lot nicer to his friends and empathetic. He is super protective of his friends and family and as such will willingly face any danger to defend them.

Allignment(good,evil,neutral): Good most of the time. Although he has done some not so cool stuff that could be seen as villainous.

APPEARANCE

Height: 3’5”

Weight: 35lbs

Eye Color: Brown

Hair: Rigby is a brown raccoon with short brown spiky hair. Much like a regular raccoon he has black circles around his eyes forming something of a facial mask. The underside of his snout, chest and stomach are a lighter brown color. He also has a long tail that has six black stripes on it along with three pointed toes on both of his feet.

Scars: Poor Rigby has a damaged butt cheek that he got from playing punchies with his friends and losing to them. He had to get surgery resulting in him looking like he only had one butt cheek causing his friends to tease him for it whenever it is brought up. They then nicknamed him The One Cheek Wonder as a result.

Equipment: While he usually prefers to walk around naked, Rigby will sometimes wear his favorite hat; which is a trucker hat that Mordecai won for him. It is a blue and white trucker hat with the words, I’m Eggscellent on it. He along with Mordecai will also sometimes wear concert related merch. He will also wear whatever he and Mordecai think looks cool at the time.

Other noticeable features: He tends to run on all fours like a regular raccoon to go faster whenever he is in danger. Even though he will sometimes wear clothes he usually wears nothing most of the time.

HISTORY

Rigby was born to his raccoon parents: Barbara and Sherm. From the very beginning his parents could tell that their oldest was going to be trouble. Rigby also has a younger brother named, Don that he is crazy jealous of due to being their parents’ favorite because and all of Rigby’s friends thinking Don cooler and older than him simply because he is taller and more mature. Rigby met his best friend, Mordecai when they were around five at school and they have been besties ever since. They befriended one another because they thought each other funny and cool. Ever since Rigby’s sixth birthday party he outright hated his younger brother due to being super jealous of how crazy popular he had become with his own friends. From his point of view it felt as though Don had stolen his friends from him. What Rigby didn’t realize then was it was never Don’s intention to steal Rigby’s friends away and he in fact always looked up to his older brother thinking him so cool. Luckily, the two reconcile after the two talk it out and Don who grows up to become a successful accountant saves the park from being audited. They become even closer after Don helps Rigby regain his confidence at bank shot.

As a teenager, Rigby attended high school with Mordecai where the two spent a lot of their time trying to look cool and impress their peers. Mordecai was really Rigby’s only true friend in high school. Throughout high school the two tried to get good enough grades so they could attend college together at College U. At one point he distracted his school’s volleyball team from winning the finals angering the coach, Mr. Ross who is also the science teacher. Mr. Ross became so irate with Rigby that he began to plot revenge against him. In order to pass his science class and graduate from high school, Rigby needed to do a science project with Mordecai agreeing to help him. Mr Ross suggested Rigby build a time machine and even gave him some plutonium to help make it.

To Rigby’s utter disappointment he was rejected from getting into his dream college at College U. Upset and fearing he may lose Mordecai, Rigby hurries to his best friends house only to find that Mordecai isn’t there yet, but discovers his College U acceptance letter in the mailbox. Not wanting Mordecai to attend college without him Rigby did the unthinkable: he forged his acceptance letter to make it look like a rejection letter. Understandably upset, Mordecai and Rigby try to finish building the time machine only for it to become unstable and explode destroying the science lab and creating a timenado in the process. This resulted in Mordecai and Rigby’s immediate expulsion and Mr. Ross’ arrest for hoarding plutonium.

Somehow Mordecai was still able to receive his high school diploma and then he attended a junior art school. Rigby followed him and crashed in his dorm room where they lived together during Mordecai’s art school days. Apparently, art school didn’t work out so well for him so he dropped out. Eventually, they found work as groundskeepers for the park. However, Mordecai ended up having to do fill out Rigby’s application for him because Rigby lacked the attention span and found it too boring to do. There they met their boss, Benson and their co workers. Often they would slack off from work and by sheer dumb luck are able to keep their jobs. They also find themselves in crazy, dangerous situations due to a lot of supernatural stuff happening to the park.

While working at the park they discovered a popular local coffee shop where they met Margaret and Eileen. Mordecai fell for Margaret at first sight while Rigby didn’t care for Eileen at first. It wasn’t until they went camping together that he started to realize how cool Eileen was and so he started to like her a bit more. While Mordecai struggled to figure out his love life, Rigby and Eileen started dating becoming even closer. After hearing The Eileen Plan Rigby felt he wasn’t near good enough for her and so wanting to improve himself for both of their sake he went back to high school to receive credit for the classes he previously failed at: foreign language, science, and P.E. Eventually, he succeeded in passing all three and even gives and inspiring speech upon receiving his high school diploma.

Last edited:
Okay, so this is just something I wrote up recently to give people an idea of how I would write Rigby. I try to stay as close as possible to his character.

Rigby Sample:

It was a fairly typical day at the park or at least as typical as you can possibly get in this weird dimension. So far the only real unusual thing was how crazy hot it was outside. At only ten in the morning and already it was well over one hundred degrees outside. In fact, it was so hot that a weather advisory was put out warning everybody to stay indoors for their own safety. As such the slacker duo; Mordecai and Rigby were sitting in the living room on the couch watching the local weather report with fans on full power. They had the ceiling fan on and a couple of smaller table ones blowing on them, but even with all of that they were sweating.

Margaret, Mordecai’s ex was the one giving the weather report warning everybody to stay indoors as it was too dangerous to go outside. “On the more serious side of the news temperatures continue to rise with no clear end in sight. It is now well over one hundred and twenty degrees Fahrenheit outdoors. These extreme high temperatures have left many of the local scientists baffled for even they are unable to determine the root cause behind this insane heat wave. For your own safety it is highly advised for everyone to stay indoors and to only venture outside if you absolutely must. If you do go outdoors make sure to keep yourself hydrated and to bring lots of water. This is Margaret Smith reporting,” Mordecai’s ex warned. Although her warnings were welcomed they were a bit unnecessary since it was pretty obvious how hot it truly was and reporting on the sudden heat wave was not making things any easier for the park workers.

Rigby was so hot he was sliding off the couch. He looked over at Mordecai. “Dude, please will you turn that off? It’s giving me a headache! Your ex announcing this heat wave is seriously not helping! I cannot believe how obsessed with her you used to be,” the raccoon complained. Mordecai just glared at him. “No way man! Besides, we’re her friends! We should at least try to support her. Besides, that was her first weather report,” he shot back as he tightened his grip on the remote control as though to protect it from Rigby. Firmly crossing his arms Rigby just rolled his eyes. “Whatever dude! All I’m saying is Margaret won’t know if we don’t watch her boring weather reports,” the raccoon pointed out. The blue jay just shook his head. “That’s where you’re wrong dude. If she asks me a question about her weather report the next time we meet up and I don’t know the answer then she’ll know for sure we didn’t watch her like we promised. Besides, her segment is almost over anyway then we can play that new Strong Johns game we got,” Mordecai replied.

The new video game caught the sly raccoon’s interest and he quickly stood up on the couch. “Come on man! Gimme! I wanna play Strong Johns now!” Rigby whined as he desperately made a wild grab for the remote only for Mordecai to easily keep it out of his reach. “No dude! I already told you that we could play after Margaret’s segment,” Rigby’s best friend repeated as he held the remote high up in the air in a teasing manner just out of the hyper raccoon’s reach. Rigby made a face. “Ugh, please don’t tell me you’re still all super obsessed with her! That’s just weird and all kinds of sad, dude. I thought you two broke up and are just friends without benefits now,” the raccoon groaned in disgust. “Quit it!” The blue jay yelled in frustration giving his best friend a hard shove. “I’m not obsessed with her! Now quit being a baby and just let me watch her segment in peace.” Still standing on the couch, Rigby crossed his arms and glared at his friend. “Okay fine. If that’s really the case then prove it by turning the weather off and playing video games with me, your best bro like we originally planned to spend our free day,” the raccoon challenged his best friend with a smirk.

Rigby knew only all too well what a simp his best friend could be sometimes. While he found Mordecai’s girl problems super annoying they were also very easy to make fun of and he was bored so… But to his surprise Mordecai switched the news off and switched the television to console mode. Mordecai picked up the video game and held it up for Rigby to see. “Who’s ready for some Strong Johns?” Mordecai asked. Rigby eagerly held his hand high up into the air. “Me! I’m totally ready! And might I say just how proud I am of you. Guess you really are over Margaret for good this time and not as much as a simp as I thought,” Rigby answered. “Yeahhhh… Wait did you just call me a simp? Dude, so not cool,” Mordecai questioned all offended and annoyed. “Sorry, it’s the truth. But hey man, don’t even worry about it. We all have our strengths and weaknesses. Like how I’m smooth with the ladies and you… Well you’re not. Now then how about you just turn on the game so we can play already,” the raccoon teased. He just couldn’t help himself sometimes. Getting mad Mordecai’s face reddened. “Oh sort of like how you suck at video games?” The blue jay shot back. Now it was Rigby’s turn to get all mad. “What? No, I’m not! You…better take that back right now or else!” Rigby shot back getting all defensive. Mordecai just looked at him and smirked. “Or else what?” Mordecai challenged. “Or else this!” Rigby answered as he punched the blue jay in the arm as hard as he could; which didn’t do much of anything. Mordecai just sort of gave his much smaller and weaker friend a, ‘are you for real right now,’ look before throwing his own punch hard in the raccoon’s shoulder. Rigby yelled out in pain and rubbed his now sore shoulder. He glared at his friend as the blue jay finally switched the game on. Okay, so to be fair he really should have seen that one coming.

Naturally Mordecai then made himself player one and handed Rigby the second controller. The raccoon was annoyed. “No fair you always get to be player one,” the raccoon whined. Mordecai just sighed. “Dude, you know I’m the better player. Admit it,” Mordecai pressured as the game started up. “Only if you admit to being the world’s biggest simp,” the raccoon sneered slyly.

“Never!” At this Mordecai shoved Rigby to the floor and the two began wrestling each other. “Admit it already!” Rigby continued to pressure as he struggled against his much taller friend. “No way man! Just admit that you’re horrible at video games already!” Mordecai pressured back. “Never!” The raccoon stubbornly yelled.

It was at this moment that Benson and Skips entered the room. “Will you two idiots stop messing around for once? You two are not getting a free day. It might be scorching hot outside, but that doesn’t mean there isn’t work to be done inside,” Benson informed them. At Benson’s voice the duo looked up from the floor and after punching each other one last time they stood up. “Benson? Hey, I uh… Sorry we didn’t see you there. How long were you…” Mordecai awkwardly began. “Yeah we thought you’d be back at your apartment by now where it’s nice and cool. What are you still doing here man?” Rigby rather stupidly asked. Unamused by the duo Benson glared. “Oh I wish I was back at my own place. But unfortunately thanks to this blasted heatwave and the general advisory I’m trapped here with you guys. What do you think?” Benson answered annoyed that he was now stuck in the park’s house and would likely remain there until the heatwave dies down some. Mordecai mentally face palmed Rigby’s stupid question. “Yeah Rigby,” he said punching him in the shoulder. Watching them Benson sighed. “Luckily Skips and I have a plan to beat the heat. Tell them Skips,” Benson informed them.

Now interested in what the two had to say the slacker duo’s eyes widened with excitement. “Oh really? That’s great news! What’s the plan?” Mordecai asked them. “The plan is simple, but will require your help,” Skips rather cryptically replied. “If it means cooling off I’m in,” Rigby chimed in. “Even though I’d much rather be playing Strong Johns,” the raccoon muttered dryly under his breath. “So what do we gotta do?” Mordecai asked the old wise yeti. “We hope to make a coolant strong enough to cool the entire house off until the heatwave is over. Which I’m hoping you two have nothing to do with. You didn’t cause this, did you?” Skips asked the two in a serious tone. Offended Rigby crossed his arms. “Of course we didn’t cause this Skips. I mean how even could we? This is mother nature’s doing not ours! I mean why would you even ask us that? Not everything that happens to the park is our fault you know,” Rigby pointed out, annoyed. “Take Benson’s crazy man eating hot dogs for example. Totally not our fault,” Rigby reminded lying through his teeth. However, only Mordecai knew it to be a lie. Skips only sighed. “While I am relieved that neither of you had nothing to do with this in my defense you two have caused many of the park’s problems like the time when you thought it a good idea to ignore my warning note and unleashed the destroyer of worlds or how about the time you sent a bunch of stuff to the moon including me!” Skips argued back getting frustrated by the raccoon. “Okay okay. All fair points. I get it already!” Rigby told him.

“Sooooo we’re building a massive coolant? That’s the plan?” Mordecai reminded quickly switching the subject back to the task at hand. Skips nodded. “Right. Right. Sorry got distracted a moment there. But yeah, Benson and I will do the hard part. All we need the two of you to do is go down into the basement and bring us back some ice. And I hope I don’t have to remind you how serious this is, so we need you to hurry back. No getting distracted down there. Got it?” Skips informed them. “Oh wow a shiny new quarter! My lucky day,” Rigby commented as he picked a quarter off the floor. “I’m sorry. What were you saying, Skips?” Rigby asked only for Skips to just sigh in annoyance and frustration. “Don’t worry Skips we’ll get that ice for you no problem! And I’ll make sure that Rigby remembers,” the blue jay assured the yeti. Unsure Skips looked at the two in disbelief. “Are you sure you got it handled? Maybe I should…” “No we can do it. No problem. Right Rigby?” Mordecai reassured giving the raccoon a light punch. Rubbing his arm Rigby nodded. “Yeah yeah we totally got it! No problem,” Rigby added. “Let them handle the ice, Skips. I’m going to need your help getting this contraption started,” Benson told the yeti. Skips nodded. “If you’re sure.” “I am sure. So you two better follow through and come back here in reasonable time with the ice no distractions or you’re fired! Do I make myself clear?” Benson ordered in warning. The duo nodded. “Got it,” the two said at the same time. At that Mordecai and Rigby quickly made their way down into the basement. “Man it’s dark in here! Help me find the light switch,” Mordecai asked. Being a raccoon Rigby was able to see where he was going. “Yeah, yeah found it,” Rigby announced as he switched the light on revealing a basement full of stuff.

The duo’s eyes widened as they looked around in awe. “Whoa! This place is so cool!” Mordecai exclaimed. Rigby nodded in agreement. “Yeah man. So cool! Let’s check it out!” The raccoon suggested as he eagerly started to run towards the first thing he saw. “Yeah man. No wait! Ugh, we can’t! Remember what Benson said about us not getting distracted and to just get the ice and go?” Mordecai reminded as he stopped his friend dead in his tracks. Rigby just groaned and rolled his eyes in irritation. “Boy do I ever! But I don’t even see the ice yet. So maybe we need to do some exploring, so we can find it. Know what I mean?” Rigby cleverly told his friend as he led the way for the blue jay to follow. Mordecai was about to argue only to realize that Rigby did have a point and so he followed his friend around the oddly large basement. “Say, why have we never came down here before?” Mordecai casually asked as the duo explored. Rigby only shrugged. “No idea. Guess because we never had to before. Plus who knew the house’s basement would be so large and this awesome!?” Rigby replied. “Hm good point…” Mordecai mused.

As the duo continued with their search Mordecai spotted a freezer that surely contained the ice that their boss was surely talking about. “Hey dude look! It’s a freezer! The ice must be in there!” Mordecai pointed in the direction of the freezer. Rigby was about to go over to it only for something else to catch his eye. It was a crazy looking machine. “Whoa!” Rigby exclaimed as he went over to get a closer look. Watching him Mordecai groaned. “Rigby, c’mon man! Let’s just…” Giving up Mordecai followed him to the mysterious machine. Rigby stared at it in amazement. “What do you think it does?” Rigby asked as he prepared to push a button. “I don’t know man. But do you really think it a good idea to mess with it? We don’t even know what this thing is. For all we know it could make things a million times worse just like all that other stuff you messed with,” Mordecai cautiously questioned. Rigby just groaned. “Ugh, I don’t believe you man! You sound like Benson,” Rigby teased. “Whatever man. All I’m saying is we should probably grab the ice before we get in trouble and Benson fires us,” Mordecai reminded the raccoon.

“Ugh, you’re killing me here! But you’re probably right. Let’s go… After I push one little button,” Rigby said pushing a large green button. “No!” Mordecai yelled. But when nothing bad happened he stopped. Watching him Rigby just laughed. “You can stop panicking now. The button only caused that slidey thing to open up,” Rigby said pointing at what appeared to be a doorway of some sort. Mordecai’s eyes widened. “Whoa!” Arms crossed Rigby smiling nodded. “Yes whoa. Totally beats carrying that ice back to Benson and Skips. Doesn’t it?” Rigby asked his friend deliberately distracting him. Looking confused Mordecai frowned. “What ice?” He inquired. “Exactly.”

At that the two exchanged glances before they started pushing random buttons while snickering like idiots. After only a few minutes they figured out what the machine was and what it did. “Hey, Rigby I think this is a…” Mordecai began. “A multidimensional gateway. A portal leading to alternate dimensions! So cool,” the raccoon interrupted. Mordecai smiled. “Yeah…that. So you thinking what I’m thinking?” The blue jay asked. Giving his best friend a thumbs up Rigby smiled. “Way ahead of you, dude!” He then pressed a button causing the portal doors to open up. “Gonna beat the heat! Gonna find a way to beat the heat! Opening doors to other dimensions to cool off! Whoooooooa!” The duo chanted laughing.

Initially everything went to their plan with them taking turns picking places that they wanted to check out while one of them stayed behind to keep the dimensional doors open. Naturally, it didn’t last and the two began to argue over which dimension to visit and who got to go. While the two argued Rigby’s back hit a button and the portal doors flew up causing the raccoon to accidentally get sucked in. “RIGBY!” Mordecai shouted. In a panic he tried to reopen the doors only to reveal nothing. “Oh man! Oh man this is so bad! So really bad! What do I do!? I knew something like this would happen! I just knew it! Who keeps a multidimensional portal in their basement anyway? I mean c’mon!” The blue exclaimed in his panic as he paced about the room trying to figure out how to get Rigby back without getting fired.

Meanwhile, Rigby now found himself in the middle of a busy street in a world that looked similar to his own, but different somehow. Wondering where he was Rigby taking a deep breath walked up to someone and asked them for directions. “Hey man, can you tell me where I am and more importantly how I can reach the park from here? I’m a heck a lost,” he asked a nearby human man. “Sure man, it’s…” As soon as the human turned around he saw much to his bewilderment that it was a raccoon who was asking him directions. In his panic he nervously stammered, “you…you’re a…a raccoon, but you…you can…talk. A talking raccoon! Ahhhh!” Freaking out the man then ran off.

Having never received such a bizarre reaction from one of the humans before Rigby just stared after the fleeing man. He just stood there scratching his head in confusion. “Okay, what just happened?” He asked himself. “Oh never mind. This other person should get it,” Rigby assured himself as he approached a second human. “Excuse me sir…” Unfortunately, for Rigby this person also ran off. He tried again and again only to keep getting the same exact reaction.

Getting annoyed Rigby was about to change his tactic only for a woman to chase him off with a broom while calling animal control. Not long after an animal control officer showed up with a net and chased after Rigby. “Ahhhhh not cool! So not cool,” Rigby yelled as he now began to run on all fours to go faster.

Spotting a fence Rigby crawled underneath it giving his pursuer the slip he then ducked behind some bushes. “Oh man these humans are crazy! Brooms and now animal control is after me. Why? I didn’t even do anything er not here anyway. Or at least I don’t think I’m in Kansas anymore,” the raccoon informed himself. “Question is how do I get back…?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back