• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern [ mxm ] kpop idol oc's anyone?

meetcutes

my name's not ana
hey there! i'm gonna try to make this concise
my name's ren, i'm a 24 yr old dude and i'm here looking for people to rp gay kpop idols with.
i rp stuff other than gay kpop idols but that's what i really really wanna do rn so this search is solely dedicated to that.

here are some guidlines:

- i don't mean real people!! i know that's kind of implicit in the "oc's" part but i really just want to make oc's who are kpop idols / managers / etc. they can be based on or inspired by real people but i do not mean that i want to rp namjoon from bts or jeonghan from seventeen or something like that. if you're into kpop (which i assume you are) and come to me like "i'd love to do an artist with a sound like bts and an image like monsta x doing this concept seventeen did" that kind of thing is cool and actually helpful to give me an idea of what u want.

- this requires some knowledge of korean culture and the kpop industry. the kpop industry is really unique and is nothing like the western music industry or even other music industries in korea so we both need to have some knowledge of the particularities of it. i don't claim to be an expert and if you know more than me that's cool but i just want to make it clear that i don't want to rp this in an unrealistic way wherein kpop idols are functioning like western musical artists and don't have the sorts of contracts and trainee programs they have irl, as well as considering korean social realities like the conservatism and widespread homophobia.

- i have actually rped as entire groups rather than just 1 idol lmao so like i'm down for whatever number of characters you want. i did a thing with my partner where we both designed one entire group each and rped them with each other living in the same building and that was fun. if you want to do a big group like an nct or seventeen sized group and split the characters that's cool. if you want to do individual soloists one each that's cool too. like whatever man

- other general stuff like please be 17+ and also PLEASE have discord, i really don't do well talking ooc anywhere else. if you really want to rp with me and don't have discord you can get it really easily at discord.gg, there's even a browser version of it.

- i rp mostly over discord or emails but i'd do threads on here if u like that kind of thing.

here are some things i like to incorporate, let me know what sounds good. i have tons of plot snippets.

- manager x idol
- idol x idol
- idol x fan (MAYBE??? this would take some convincing probably but i love cheesy idol x fan plots SOMETIMES)
- idol x k-hip hop artist
- idol x really any other creative or entertainment type person- fashion designer, artist, model, ulzzang, actor, whatever
- childhood friends
- rivalries
- dramatic backstories (again soMETIMES we can talk about it)
- survival shows (like produce 101)
- very restrictive contracts
- unusually lax and permissive companies
- one idol from a permissive company and one from a strict one?
- meeting on cheesy shows (host of the show is also an idol and meets the other idol that way?)
- drama with shitty sasaengs / bad fans / paparazzi / the price of fame, man
- small struggling companies (like...... bighit)
- big rich established companies (like sm/yg/jyp/the big 3)

so if any of this sounds good pls hmu and let me know c:

Last edited:
Hmm, as much as i like Kpop and rp, i've somehow never put the two together! If you don't mind the idea of educating me a bit on things i might not know, i'd love to give this a try!

I like 1-3 paragraph responses (though I get that sometimes there's not that much to write), I like plot and character development, and- HOLY CRAP IS THAT SAILOR SATURN ON YOUR ICON??

Hmm, as much as i like Kpop and rp, i've somehow never put the two together! If you don't mind the idea of educating me a bit on things i might not know, i'd love to give this a try!

I like 1-3 paragraph responses (though I get that sometimes there's not that much to write), I like plot and character development, and- HOLY CRAP IS THAT SAILOR SATURN ON YOUR ICON??
Hello! I usually write more than 1-3 paragraphs tbh haha but as the story moves on I usually trim down my replies to keep the action moving. I dont mind educating you at all (: I’m always finding new interesting tidbits about the kpop idol industry myself. Do you have discord? (And yes, it is her! c; )

Hello! I usually write more than 1-3 paragraphs tbh haha but as the story moves on I usually trim down my replies to keep the action moving. I dont mind educating you at all (: I’m always finding new interesting tidbits about the kpop idol industry myself. Do you have discord? (And yes, it is her! c; )

I mean I can totally write more than three paragraphs if there's enough to write about. I'm just not a fan of writing more than I have to just to meet a length requirement, because I take a long time to write, edit, and revise my posts so they're ABSOLUTELY PERFECT BECAUSE I'M INSANE- Er, um, cause I'm a perfectionist...

But anyway, I do have discord. I don't usually use it for anything other than voice chatting so I might have to learn some settings and stuff but I'll learn. Can I pm you with my user code thingy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back