• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern MxM and Mxf Pairings and Plots!

MintyMoon

~Hello!~

My name is Mintymoon. Please, call me Moony or Minty. I am a seventeen year old high school student with her heart set on the art field. I have an alternate account, but am posting on this one for better organization. The account I am using now is new, but I am not new to roleplaying and I am not new to writing. I have been writing since I was six, roleplaying since I was thirteen! I like to think that my writing skills are pretty refined by now, but there's a perpetual room for improvement. There is also an opportunity to learn from your writing partners! My preferences in a roleplay partner are a little strict, but not by much. Mostly because I think it's unfair to only give chances to people who have been roleplaying for an amount of time similar to yours. It would be next to impossible for anybody to improve if that was the case. That being said, let me get past all that boring stuff and move onto the other boring stuff. My requirements and preferences!

1. For starters, let me clarify something. While I said I'd RP with people who are more or less new to it or still figuring things out, I mean it. But I'd rather not with somebody who has only just started. Mostly because more and more people who have been roleplaying are starting at really young ages, like how I was thirteen and how some are even ten. Most of the time that means they're not perfect with the grammar and/or more used to shorter posts with lighter themes and less intense character development. I tend to write a massive amount and love to read a massive amount, which is one reason why I would prefer not to roleplay with someone who just started. The other reason is that I'm prone to darker and heavier themes and a lot of my characters swear a lot. It's not that I don't believe a twelve year-old would be fine with this, because honestly, people are crazy desensitized these days. But I would prefer not to imprint on an impressionable twelve year old with themes of drugs, violence and intense cursing unless I'm telling them not to do any of that. But I have no issue roleplaying with a thirteen or fourteen year old who has been doing it a while and is a little more mature when it comes to those subjects. If you have been roleplaying for a few months, consider yourself a match for this criteria and able to contact me.

2. In the previous requirement I mentioned post length! Before I get into this, I do not expect you to post a book every single reply. It would be nice, but it's a bit unrealistic! I can write several large paragraphs and typically do. Honestly, my favorite posts average 2,000 words. It would be nice if you could match whatever I post more or less, but I understand when a slump hits and you have to type less. Happens to the best of us. Don't feel pressured or intimidated by my long posts, haha.

3. You're probably all wondering what gender pairings I'm up for. Honestly, any. I'm most familiar with MxF and MxM, and have rarely done FxF but am willing to give it a shot. I mostly play males, but it is nice to play a female or more submissive male every once in a while. In a MxM RP I do ask that if your character is more submissive, you do not make them completely helpless. I hate to be rude, but it does get a bit irritating and just isn't that realistic or fun. MxM is probably one of my favorite pairing types.

4. Okay. Onto post times. I will be at school from 8-4 EST. However, I tend to type up replies throughout the school day during my free time and you might just get one a little before I get out, which might be 2:30-2:50. I am out for the summer next week on Tuesday, which means I will be on much more than usual. I love to reply more than once a day, but that isn't a requirement. A reply a day is nice, but it's understandable if something comes up and you are absent for a week or so. If possible, contact me after a week telling what's up! I tend to worry about the wellbeing of my partners. I myself might disappear for several days every now and then. Typically it means I'm sick or busy. I'm very prone to sickness, haha. I will tell you if that happens.

5. And now for the more pressing matters - limits. I myself have no limits except for sexual things. I will not RP sex, no matter how badly you want me to. If our characters are getting into it or whatever I will fade to black. If you don't respect this I will stop roleplaying with you. And if you have any limits, I do ask that you tell them to me! It'll make both of our lives easier. Trust me! That being said, remember to comment 'Moony' if you've read all of this and didn't just skip to the bottom. Otherwise I might not respond to you!

6. I am also totally up for and encourage OOC chat. I'd love to get to know who I'm roleplaying with!

~Pairings~

I have a surplus of pairings. Right now, original only, but I will occasionally open fandom pairings.

If a role is bold, it means I would like to play it. Otherwise it means I'm fine with either.

Modern:

Poor Student/Emotionally Damaged Student x Wealthy/Well-Off Student

Closeted Boy x Open Boy (I would prefer a well thought out plot to go with this one!)

Gang Member x Rival Gang Member

OR

Gang Member x Rival Gang Member's Relative

Best Friend x Best Friend (Would love for this to be a one-sided build up.)

Detective x Serial Killer

College Student or Graduate x Highschool Ex

Widow x Deceased Husband's Best Friend

Fantasy:

Vampire x Human

Assassin x Target

Angel x Human (Modern with a fantasy twist)

Fallen Angel x Human

~Plots~

1. Character A has a good life. Friends, family, good grades, the like. One night, they have a near death experience that plunges them into a coma. While their family frets in the hospital room, Character A is plunged into a strange world unlike any they've ever seen before. It's a world plagued by winter and seemingly nothing but wilderness. They're stuck wandering for hours before they fall asleep against their tree. They wake up in a large cave where Character B is crouched in front of them, shrouded in leaves and thick wraps. Character A politely refuses any help B offers and continues on their way, trying to get home and nearly freezing to death several times. They continuously encounter B, who continuously offers help until A accepts. But little does A know, in this world B is a dark being known to capture and imprison lost souls. All the residents of the realm know not to set foot in the forest, but A doesn't. B expects to collect A's soul and be done with it, except they aren't dying. A's characters are refusing to unplug the life support, and until they do or until A finds a way out, B is stuck with them.

2. **BONUS!**
Jurassic Park based RP. Freakin' love this franchise, and tons of plots can be formed from it. I'll love you forever if you contact me looking for details about it!

3. Character A is the first mate of their best friend's pirate ship. They're notorious and successful, feared by all and excellent at what they do. Character A is known for being tough and untameable. Nobody's ever won or softened their heart. They're impossibly close to their captain. One day when trolling for fish, Character B is snagged in the net. The crew, including A, are shocked when they pull a mermaid/merman from the water. The captain's first order is that they sell it on the black market at another port. Character A is uncertain at first, and eventually works to free the mermaid/man. The twist is, Character B is cursed to bear human legs if out of the water for longer than thirty minutes. Which they have been. Character A has to betray his best friend and take a lifeboat to sail to a port in the hopes of finding a voodoo practicioner who can reverse B's curse - but only if A will take a curse in B's place. Will include tussles with A's former crew and all sorts of adventure. (Would love to do a MxM with this one, to be honest!)

~Other~

*Plots will be included soon. I just need the time to write some out.

*Currently in the mood for a whole lot of angst! Hit me up, people. Don't be shy!

*I would love to come up with plots or pairings together, too, if you happen to have any ideas.​

Last edited:
Hey, Moony! It's nice to meet you; I'm ArcticJunky. To spare you from a long and complicated message, I'll just list some of my interests below and you can decide if you would like to elaborate on them in a PM together!
Closeted x Outed [I did actually have a plot idea for this!]
College student / graduated x high school ex-- I love this one so much.
Poor Student/Emotionally Damaged Student x Wealthy/Well-Off Student
Thanks again!
Hey there! Nice to meet you too!

I have been craving all three of those, so thanks a lot for giving me a tough choice. Haha, kidding. Would you like me to PM you?

MintyMoon MintyMoon

Moony! What a wall of text.

1) I've been role-playing for six or seven years now give or take, I'm 18+ and that doesn't mean I always grammar properly. In fact, if we were to start something I would error on the side of everything I write is a first draft with a bit of tweaking.

2) I can usually do anything between 200 - 5,000 words depending on what's going on and how much I actually have to work with on my partner's end. Usually I just try to match the other person, but sometimes I don't feel like it's necessary, or I don't want to move things along too much before the other character can react. Etc.

3) I like playing males the most! So, I guess between us MxM would be fun, but I could be persuaded to do MxF. I... have like no experience doing FxF if I'm completely honest here. I usually do more "switches" than typical submissive or dominant roles which helps me to create a more fleshed out character, but they sometimes have a kind of an inclination one way or another.

4) I'm usually on once or twice a day to respond to anything waiting for me. If I'm not, and I don't give you a heads up for three days I'm sick or something has happened to my internet/computer.

5) I have nill in the limits department, but I'll respect the non-sexual stuff. Sometimes I'll have a character that can be a little frisky here and there, but nothing over PG-13 really. So in that case, just give me a heads up if I'm hedging on your comfort zone, yeah?

6) Eyyyy OOC~ Cool.

I'd honestly be up for any of your plot ideas there. Especially #3 since for some reason I've been really liking ocean/Caribbean etc characters and themes lately. The Jurassic Park one might be fun to take one of the modern pairings or assassin VS target (assassin tries to kill them by stranding? accidentally gets stranded with target with dinosaurs and they have to kind of... work together to not get eaten) pairing and sort of seeing what we can come up with in combinations.

So, PM me if you're interested Moons!

Moony! ^^

Hello Moony! I am very interested in roleplaying with you, and I have been looming for a literate roleplayer for a while. I prefer MxM if thats okay, and i'm a mirror roleplayer, so my replies should be about the same of whatever you give me, maybe sometimes a line or two shorter. The more you give me, the more I write. I should be able to reply once again, but due to school there might be days were I get busy. The longest ill probably disappear for is two days tops. ^^

For plot wise, I love your first one with the person in the coma and in the mystical land. It really interested me, and I would love to roleplay it with you if you are interested. I can play either role, but I do kind of have a liking for Character A, but if you wish to be that character I will gladly play B. Whstever character you wish to play, I shall do the other. If you are interested, let me know and I shall send you a PM and we can discuss more there. Have a good night!

Moony! Good evening :) Or early morning for me, I guess. I'd actually be interested in a Jurassic Park or your mermaid plot idea. Send me a message if you're interested!

Hey there! I'm looking for some new partners as well and am interested in a few of your pairings! If you're still looking, feel free to PM me! ^_^

Moony! :P Hello! My name's Jax, and it's been awhile since I've been on the site! This is unfortunately a completely new account, so please forgive me but I can't PM just yet. I'd love to RP the Closeted x Out, Gang Member x Rival Gang Member, or the Best Friend x Best Friend if you're still available! :D

yooo hi there. im princely but you can just call me prince!:bishiesparklesr:

was reading through your rules and plots and i gotta say id love to write the mermaid and priates with you with the mxm pairing.
im good at doubling up with characters and i understand if you have a busy schedule cause im a student too and am currently attending summer classes. i also got some ideas for the merman role but im open to do either role as well!
if youre still looking for a partner for that genre than do go ahead and hmu doll

Closeted Boy x Open Boy (I would prefer a well thought out plot to go with this one!)

3. Character A is the first mate of their best friend's pirate ship. They're notorious and successful, feared by all and excellent at what they do. Character A is known for being tough and untameable. Nobody's ever won or softened their heart. They're impossibly close to their captain. One day when trolling for fish, Character B is snagged in the net. The crew, including A, are shocked when they pull a mermaid/merman from the water. The captain's first order is that they sell it on the black market at another port. Character A is uncertain at first, and eventually works to free the mermaid/man. The twist is, Character B is cursed to bear human legs if out of the water for longer than thirty minutes. Which they have been. Character A has to betray his best friend and take a lifeboat to sail to a port in the hopes of finding a voodoo practicioner who can reverse B's curse - but only if A will take a curse in B's place. Will include tussles with A's former crew and all sorts of adventure. (Would love to do a MxM with this one, to be honest!)

Hello Moony! I'd be more than interested in either of these, or even something else if you'd rather. Hit me up?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back