• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Multiverse Chronicles - OOC Chat & Character Sheets

Main
Here

PaulHaynek

The Roleplayer Nobody Likes
Hello all! This is an RP involving crossovers. A crossover RP! "But Paul," you ask. "No one is ever interested in your RPs." To which I say, "Hey now, several people have expressed interest in this. Shut up." And then proceed to feel better about this until the realization that there's a 90% chance of this dying hits me. So without further ado, let's begin.

So there's this one being named The Entertainer. He's a really, really powerful entity who watches over the multiverse and enforces its rules. Since he can't be everywhere at once, he founded an organization to help him out in his multiversal duties.

This organization is called the InterDimensional Enforcer Corps, or IDEC for short. This organization is comprised of operatives recruited from the many worlds of the multiverse, given great amounts of privileges for them and their loved ones as the job that entails them can be very, very dangerous or very, very questionable. IDEC operatives are almost always human and relatively powerless.

IDEC operates in complete secrecy and tries their very bestest to keep their existences hidden from everyone but themselves so not many in the multiverse knows they exist.

With round portal gates, IDEC operatives can travel all across the multiverse. Each universe emits a unique combination of wavelengths that designates that universe. However, an additional wavelength is needed to link two portal gates together. Otherwise, the portal gate will take you to a random location in that universe including underwater, in the air or even the outer space of that universe. Meanwhile, the Entertainer has the power to transfer himself and others anywhere in the multiverse at will. He must be familiar with the intended universe however.

Now then, enter the Agents. These are badass IDEC operatives who undergo rigorous physical and mental training and are usually equipped with the sweetest gear IDEC can get their hands on. Agents deal with problems that require extreme skills whether they be guile, subterfuge or firepower. When things get to hell in a handbasket but IDEC Regulars can't roll in or deal with their tanks and artillery because of reasons, the Agents are sent to handle it.

And now that begs the question, what happens when a group of Agents go rogue?

So this RP will involve characters from different franchises being summoned to chase a group of rogue Agents who would disrupt the harmony of the multiverse. Players will travel across worlds, both original and... otherwise, to search for clues or leads to find this rogue group and put a stop to them.

They will have to be careful though. Some clues will contradict each other and some people may not be trustworthy.

-----

1) Standard RP Nation rules. No godmodding and stuff.
2) As GM, I reserve the right to have my word to be law within the boundaries of this RP.
3) If there are problems with the RP or with other players, you can take it to me (so I can take it to someone who could deal with it lol!).
4) Only post once when you are interacting with an NPC or doing any action. You can post as many as you want when you are talking to another player.
5) Updates (i.e. My posts to move the story along) will generally occur every Thursday and Sunday (My timezone's UTC+8). However, if you have not posted, I will still update without affecting your character as much as possible. Worst case scenario, I will assume your character did nothing.
6) Please post something in the OOC if you are still interested just unavailable at the moment. If you do not post anything within two weeks, I will be forced to drop you from this RP.
7) If you have read the rules, you will write your favorite crossover work at the bottom of your sheet. 'Project X Zone', for example. (Helping others regarding this rule is discouraged unless you are vouching for that person.)

Some things to remember
a) You can have three characters if you want. But only three.
b) Please keep your power levels below godlike or deitylike.
c) As a person who does not delve much into literature or films or TV Shows, please don't be mad if we never set foot there.

(I recommend playing a good-aligned character because evil-aligned characters might have trouble finding a reason in accomplishing the given mission)

Appearance: (Picture or prose, it matters not. Though I'm fairly sure this will always be picture.)

Name:

Sex:

Franchise: (OCs are fine. If it's an original world, I must ask for a brief description of it.)

Special Abilities/Powers: (Combo techniques do not count.)

Equipment: (The special weapons or armor your character will wield over the course of this RP)

History: (A brief history of them and their latest accomplishments)

Personality: (How does your character act in certain situations and in general.)

-----

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask them~

P.S. This is where you post your characters, okay? We're not going to have a Characters Page because that's too much hassle for me.

Last edited:
Here is where I put the players' character sheets for better documentation...

...IF I HAD ANY!

Are we allowed to
A) Use full character abilities from whatever franchise, I.E. RWBY
B) Use original characters with a bit of a spin on them?

Also thanks for getting the OOC up <3

Appearance:
1519696248322.png

Name: Max Mcdaniels

Sex: Male

Franchise: The tapestry series

Special Abilities/Powers:
Mystics
Max is not the finest of Mystics, but is a capable one. However, he is a excellent practitioner of Amplification, which allows Max to enhance his strength and speed to superhuman limits, allowing Max to break several school records regarding the final physical tests in his first year. He is also a skilled illusionist. At the end of the Red Winter, he is capable of fooling Cooper(an extremely skilled illusionist.) with his illusions.
Old Magic
Max, as a son of Lugh, possesses vast stores of Old Magic. His control of it grows steadily throughout the course of the series, as does its power. It seems to reach its peak after the grief from Scathach's death causes him to snap, unleashing his full power. During this time, he seemed to be invincible: Workshop weapons were unable to touch him, and he defeated Prusias without the gae bolga.
Healing
Max is capable of healing from almost any wound. He was able the withstand a fatal dose of tranquilizer without any noticeable effects. He has been poisoned several times, once with a large enough dosage to kill hundreds of men. Each time, he has healed without any lasting effects. The two exceptions are a scar from Scathach, which he chose to keep, and the wound from the Knife of Set.
Note: Though I'm not sure how quickly it works since it's only ever mentiond after the battle
Aura
Max's aura, or shine, is an expression of his Old Magic, and is extremely bright. He is able to use it as a weapon, blasting his opponents with it, as it also gives off heat. Max's shine increases dramatically after Scathach's death, but diminishes after his encounter with the entity in Tartarus, meaning that it is a expression of his Old Magic.
Shapeshifting
While Max does not change into animals, as Bram and David do, he can change his body into pure energy. This energy is described as "white-hot fire" and seems to be similar to the true form of a rakshasa.
Note: I don't remember this very well.
Teleportation
This is an ability that Max does not possess until late in the Red Winter. He is able to teleport himself and multiple others, similarly to how Bram was able to teleport with David, Max, and Toby after Walpurgisnacht.
Combat Expertise
Max is best known for his skill in combat. He was trained in the Sidh by Scathach and mastered all of the feats taught to him. He is skilled in the use of swords and spears, wielding both throughout the series. He is also proficient in the use of knives. He was the Champion of Blys, a title that he won by fighting and killing numerous powerful opponents. He has slain a multitude of vyes, orges, deathknights, and demons, including Vyndra.

Geas: Max is forbidden to knowingly kill his kin. This includes his clones, who share his blood. This may be why the Gae Bolga turns cold and refuses to cut them. Max is also forbidden to deny someone's dying request. When he breaks his first Geas by killing the Fomorian, his wound opens and begins to bleed.
Note: Bram said that he would be dead within the year. In this rp he will be dead within minutes if this happens.

Equipment:
The Gae Bolga (pronounced Gay Bulga) is a spear with a bone shaft and tip which appears to be black metal, but is actually three hairs from the goddess of war forged together. It was the weapon of the ancient warrior Cuchulain. After it was reforged it became a short sword, though it can be attached to a seven foot long spear shaft that was forged by the two dvergar brothers.

History:
Max was supposedly the son of Brynn McDaniels and Scott McDaniels. However, it is later revealed that his biological father is Lugh Lámhfhada, and that he is a demigod. Even in his childhood his being special was hinted as he used to get sudden attacks and headaches from the surge of the Old Magic within him. He and his family led a quiet life in Chicago, Illinois, up until the day Brynn McDaniels disappeared in the car, leaving no trace behind.
Due to the sudden disappearence of his mother, Max's childhood is tormented by the other antagonistic characterstics. He usually got into fights with bullies teasing him for his mother's absence. He would beat them up badly for saying so.
Book one:
One day, Max and his father visit a museum situated nearby, where he encounters Peter Varga. Once inside the museum, owing to certain coincidences, he ends up inside a small room, where he encounters a tapestry of the Cattle Raid of Cooley.
He learns later on that seeing the tapestry was proof of his magic and after a series of trouble, hysterias and tests he enters Rowan Academy. He meets his roommate David Menlo and also a Lymrill, Nick, who chooses to become his charge. (Basically a charge is a life-long bond between magical animal and human student) He creates a history by defeating the second year students in a match. Jealousy arises whithin Alex Munoz, a second year student, who starts a fight with Max. This result in both of them getting punished by Miss Boon to clean the Kestrel(A large boat).
There they get kidnapped by two vyes who had attacked Max before. They are taken to a hideout where one of the blacksmiths of the fallen school Solas talks to them. Alex is persuaded to join them whereas Max is reluctant to. As they use Max’s blood to revive back their master Astaroth, Peter Varga saves him, though Astaroth gets revived. Through his body amplification he carries all the kidnapped students back to the surface and kills the vyes. He saves Peter from near death, then waits with Peter and the children for the help Peter had called. Once he's at Rowan again he becomes a hero who had saved a lot of people, though some of the second year antagonize him for leaving Alex Muñoz back in the dungeon despite the fact that he didn't want to. Alex is later revealed to have joined Asteroth.
I'm not going to go further in detail but basically he goes on many adventures with Astraroth as a reoccorring enemy. Is the son of Lugh. In the epilogue he goes to the Sidh(The land of the gods) and is reuntited with Scáthach who he had grown to love.

Personality:
Max is brave and always eager to help but gets angry quickly, which fuels the Old Magic in his veins. When angry, his body trembles which is often a prelude to an astonishing burst of action. He is proud, and unwilling to show weakness. He is also couragous and loyal, willing to do the right thing. An example of this is his immediate defense of his recruiter, Nigel Bristow, in the last of the Potentials tests. He is impetuous, not necessarily thinking of the consequences of each action; when he left Prusias' Games, he was not thinking of the fact that it left his superiors looking incompetent. His pride leaves him easily goaded into spur-of-the-moment actions which he sometimes regrets later.
As the series progresses, he matures greatly. He has better control of his emotions so that they doesn't interfere with his duties and responsibilities. He has good leadership abilities and has a strong sense of justice. He is also morally civilized and polite, as pointed out by Scathach.
He can be a bit oblivious to hints given to him from his friends. He says what he thinks, though not always thinking about whether he should say it or not.
Don't really have a favorite crossover since I can't remember the last one I've seen (Except the SAO VS AW game, which I didn't like).

Last edited:
wdinatx wdinatx

I see you've finished your sheet.

However, reading on it I noticed that Max seem to be overpowered. He's nigh invulnerable thanks to healing, can become even moreso if he decided to unleash his Old Magic thingy and a whole assortment of powers.

We can keep it but please understand that I will diminish its effectiveness when the time comes.

wdinatx wdinatx

I see you've finished your sheet.

However, reading on it I noticed that Max seem to be overpowered. He's nigh invulnerable thanks to healing, can become even moreso if he decided to unleash his Old Magic thingy and a whole assortment of powers.

We can keep it but please understand that I will diminish its effectiveness when the time comes.
Yeah, I was afraid this would happen. In retrospect I think making it not end of series max (Basicly making him someone who is mostly the same but less powerful and can't teleport.) but making him get like above when his emotions rise to a fever pitch, or just have him be the immoveable object(Gae Bolga was nerfed before that statement).
P.S. While I was typing I relized I left of his weakness.

Due to lack of interest (well not exactly lack of interest, more of inactivity), I'm closing this RP.

Sorry for wasting your time, everybody.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back