Story Mortal Affairs ((DONT READ. Out-Of-Date!))

Alice The Maid

Mortal Affairs
Chapter 1: Desert Heat
Jennifer left her Medical Tent, the sun had already gone down and the night had cooled in the desert. The night was clear and the moon shone brightly in the sky. Jennifer was disgusting by her standards. There was blood covering her uniform, bloody hand prints, tears, sand, dirt, even some bits of lung. As she walked out into the base, she saw someone walking, just inside the gate. It looked as though he had just faded through the gate, but that couldn’t be. She Positioned her glasses on her face and looked again, surprised to see the figure had gotten closer. It was still a shadow against the sand, but she could see enough to know it was an average male, about 6’ 3” in height. Jennifer drew her pistol from the holster on her hip and checked the clip, 7 rounds, fully loaded. She knew that it was a relic, the pistol. Carefully reinserting the clip, she cocked the weapon and in a loud and authoritative voice she yelled “You! There! Identify yourself!”. The figure snapped its head around to her, and looked, but its body language was distinct, even in the low light. It was relaxed, almost cocky. “What? Are you talking to me miss? I’m flattered..” The figured responded, his voice a mid-pitch and nothing distinctive in it except its little inflection at the end. The figure stepped into the light cast by a nearby work light. Jennifer was taken aback by his confidence. Didn’t he see she had a loaded weapon? She trained the weapon on his forehead. That’s all it would take. One shot. A .45 ACP round packs more of a pack than most realize, and she was willing to take that shot. “Yes you! What’s your business here? Who sent you? Start Talking!” The newly exposed man chuckled and shook his head at her. He was tall, like she had seen earlier, and had light blonde hair, and was dressed in a tan suit and brown dress shoes. His eyes were a light blue, and relaxed, it was obvious he saw no threat from the woman. His face was clean shaven and he was a bright white, but not albino. He looked fairly standard, except for the gash along his right cheek. It was distinctive. “That’s no way to treat a guest now is it?” He faked a frown and took a few steps forward towards her smiling softly. Jennifer took two steps back before digging her heels in the sand, keeping her weapon poised. “I said Start Talking or I will shoot!” Her voice came out crisp and loudly among the camp, a slight echo could be heard in the distance when all of a sudden gunfire erupted from the east, a distance away, but was all too sudden. Jennifer turned her head to look, and in that time, the man had gotten right by her, grabbing her weapon, unloading it carefully and disassembling it on the spot, laughing as though he were playing a game. “Wha.. how?” Jennifer was shocked and grabbed the knife from her boot and slashed at the man, as he caught her arm before she could even get close, turning it ever so slightly so she dropped the knife. “How Rude. I thought maybe Humanity would’ve warmed up to us by now.. How distasteful.” He seemed genuinely upset about this. The man kicked the knife away behind him and dropped her softly to the ground. “Unhf!” She hit the ground with a slight thud and looked up at him as he crouched next to her. “Now.. I shall tell you why I’m here. I sensed a large loss of Human life in this area. I like to toil in mortal affairs. And personally..” His eyes flickered with mischief and genuine curiosity. “I like to fuck with people.” He smirked at this and her reaction. “W..Why here though.. why this base?” Jennifer was slightly terrified at this point, but kept her composure before getting to her feet looking the so-called god in the eyes the entire time. “Don’t know. Felt like it.“ He smirked at this and stood along with her. “You could say that sometimes I’m like Ares, and like to start wars, but not so much nowadays. You humans just keep making more things to kill each other.” He laughed and handed her the pieces of her now disassembled gun. “Now… How about we get acquainted?”
END OF CHAPTER 1
((Credit To User Maxx for the idea for using one of his gods in his universe in my story!))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back