• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Monster Tamers// a medieval fantasy rp

NeonFlow

The one who made Aerth
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
In a world where everything is magical except for humans, how does humanity survive? They exploit the shit out of monsters.
Stealing their eggs and raising the babies is the most surefire way for a Monster pet/slave but there are other ways it happens. Stories of helping a injured monster leading to friendship is more common then you think, a human beating a monster into submission and teaching it loyalty is rare but not impossible.

One who commands a monster is known as a Tamer, respected and feared as monsters are dangerous and often result in death or injury for common folk. Even a Electric puppy could kill a grown man, so a giant bird or magic lizard is good enough reason to fear for your life... Those able to utilise a monster effectively is kinda up there in regards to impressive feats.

Tamers make a lot of money in the questing business, why hire a group of warriors when a Tamer can sic their monster onto the problem and solve it in half the time. So a group of tamers working together is quite a expensive and formidable force...

This is the starting point of this story.
A group of "rookie" tamers form a guild. Together they aim to take on quests for big money and to help capture more monsters to train...

Should you make a character they would be a talented whatever aswell as a tamer of a single monster.
A monster can be what you want. A Pokemon? Sure we can balance/work it. Your own creation? So long as it isn't bullshit op sure thing.
Monsters can evolve, but it happens over time and not so much a flash of light an sudden change.
Charmander is a baby that would grow bigger and more jagged in appearance until finally getting wings. As a example.
If you have questions or anything ask below.

CS page

Last edited:
looks pretty good, ngl
I’ll throw my hat in
yessss definitely interested
Eyyy nice choice.

I'll be working today and tomorrow but I'll try and answer questions and throw up a cs page if I get time.

While you wait feel free to brainstorm or call dibs on certain monsters/types of monsters. Be it a pokemon with a different name or something as simple as "thunder ape"

OOOH this looks pretty interesting, I'm raising my hand to join. So basically any monster is allowed right? What about hell hounds, do monster from d&d are included?

Call dibs on water types

Ill hop on in here. Dibs on dragon types. will be thinking of monsters to include...

OOOH this looks pretty interesting, I'm raising my hand to join. So basically any monster is allowed right? What about hell hounds, do monster from d&d are included?

Call dibs on water types
I don't know much about dnd but generally anything can work so long as it fits the cs.

Though to put it simple its mostly just "animal and element/magic" makes whatever.

Ill hop on in here. Dibs on dragon types. will be thinking of monsters to include...
Dragons are ok but just member you won't start off with a world eater

Of course. I'm not gonna dump literal jormungandr and not expect to be op or ragnarok lol
In thinking probably like a drake the size of a horse or something about that size.

Okay nice, gonnaook through the dnd book and run them by you

Okay nice, gonnaook through the dnd book and run them by you
Of course. I'm not gonna dump literal jormungandr and not expect to be op or ragnarok lol
In thinking probably like a drake the size of a horse or something about that size.
yessss definitely interested
looks pretty good, ngl
I’ll throw my hat in

CS page is here and in the first post

interested, thinking of something like a mushroom-turtoise monster or a fire powered baby fox. Any monster no bigger than 3'5 in height.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back