• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Multiple Settings โ€” ๐ฆ๐จ๐ง๐จ ๐ง๐จ ๐š๐ฐ๐š๐ซ๐ž. [๐œ๐จ๐ฆ๐ฉ๐ž๐ญ๐ข๐ญ๐จ๐ซ๐ฌ]

OOC
Here
Lore
Here

sox

ู…ุญุจุช

mono no aware โ€” ็‰ฉใฎๅ“€ใ‚Œ.

applications

hi everyone! i'm super excited to see everyone's ocs, but quick note before you begin: the structure below really isn't rigid in any way aside from the interview questions! everything else is pretty freeform as you see fit, and i'm excited to see the different character concepts your creative brains cook up! codes are not required, but feel free to rip this scrappy little code to use if that's easiest. the deadline is next friday, apr 19th!

โ€” BASICS.

name:
x
nickname:
(opt.)
sexuality:
x
role:
x

โ€” VISAGE.

realistic faceclaims, commissioned artwork, and detailed descriptions are all acceptable! feel free to include as many or as little other details as you wish, such as body mods, physical disabilities, or fashion sense. the ones below are just an outline for basic things to include in a description.

eye color.
x
hair color.
x
skin tone.
x
height.
x
build.
x
body mods.
x
faceclaim.
x

โ€” PERSONA.

similarly to the visage section, you can format this section however you please, whether that's vices and virtues, a detailed description, or something else you believe thoroughly showcases your character's personality! feel free to get creative! again, the items below are just a suggestion:

virtues.
x
vices.
x
ambitions.
x
fears.
x
quirks.
x

โ€” INTERVIEW.

these answers should be from your character's pov, which means they can be as short or long, honest or shifty as your character actually would be in a day-to-day conversation with a friendly acquaintance!

"what were your academy days like? did you specialize in anything interesting? make any friends?"

xxx

"how is your current relationship with your family? are you expecting to succeed the title? are you even interested in that sort of gig?"

xxx

"we were all raised on araksavism, of course, but would you consider yourself particularly religious? how favorably do you view the holy temple?"

xxx

"why did you choose to accept lady duyen's invitation? if it was even your choice, i mean... are you nervous at all?"

xxx

โ€” CONCEPT.

a few paragraphs of something that will give me a deeper glimpse of your character: a diary entry, a witness testimony, a recurring nightmare, a fond memoryโ€” whatever showcases a facet of your character that an outsider keeping up with their movements wouldn't know. this doesn't have to be too long; a few paragraphs is fine!

Last edited:
vaani
arya
peridot's heir
fc: alanna panday
you
dig
your
fangs
into
my
lips

coded by phnx.

VAANI
ARYA.

G O D D E S S.
PVRIS
|โ”โ”โ”โฌคโ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€|

• basics

NAME:

vaani arya

NICKNAME(S):

vivi

twenty-two

cis female

SEXUALITY:

pansexual

PRONOUNS:

she/her

ROLE:

peridot

EYES:

stormy, steel gray

HAIR:

deep, glossy burgundy.

SKIN:

rich tan w/ warm undertones

HEIGHT:

5' 7"

BUILD:

lean, slender, w/ a fair bit of muscle

MODS:

several ear piercings

FACECLAIM:

alanna panday

no stranger to rubbing shoulders with high society's brightest stars while simultaneously being shunned by them for her indiscriminate candor, the infamous young heir of house arya knows no limits when it comes to her stylistic choices. from revealing midi dresses and flashy swimswear to elegant saris and chic pantsuits, vaani will gladly play whichever part she must for the occasionโ€” her authenticity will shine through regardless, no matter how aggressively the stifling world around her attempts to dim her natural light.

basics
persona
concept
social

Last edited:

C.

love me

thank you, leave me

S
erpent

req.

full name.
camille elodie chung (้พ็Ž‰่–‡)

a.k.a.
cami, ็Ž‰ๅฅณ (juk6 neoi2)

age.
twenty-three

gender.
cis female (she/her)

sexuality.
bisexual (male lean)

d.o.b.
october 28

role.
citrine

walks like a saint, floats like an angel,
Sharp like a knife under the table

vis.

hair.
naturally wavy hair, pitch black as the night sky down to her mid-back. in most settings, left to fall freely with minimal styling, though never unkempt; for formal functions, always pin-straight.

eyes.
a curiously dark shade of hazel that shows off hues of orange and green only in the sunlight.

build.
cami stands at 175cm (5'9") with a figure that she isn't afraid to show off, best described as lithe and willowy. though she occasionally laments her lack of curves, she has a more-than-sizeable fortune to get something done if she really wanted to.

scent.
a soft blend of iris, violet, and sandalwood.

body mods.
double-pierced earlobes and a helix piercing, though often adorned with simpler jewellery. several tattoos litter her body, including
swirls of ink
over her right thigh, a
spider lily
on her right side-rib, and a
string of jewels
around her left forearm.

faceclaim.
suanbeiii (instagram)

clo.

psy.

alluring

calculating

resentful

hedonistic

quick-witted

independent

camille chung walks with the confidence that she owns the world โ€” this is not so far from the truth.

there is a certain air of power that comes with being raised in a house like citrine, though camille is all-too-aware she seems to be cut from a different cloth than many of her family members. cheerful and outwardly carefree, she enjoys the finer things in life with reckless abandon and her notoriety among the party circles of seimaya might even exceed her reputation within the realm of business.

nevertheless, only a fool would neglect to sharpen their fangs in a pit of snakes; it would be in your best interest to realise, fast that cami's saccharine smile hides a willingness to sink her teeth into your neck โ€” in more ways than one โ€” at any given chance. the things she gets up to would have been a stain on the house's name if not for the meticulousness that she covers her every track and the adeptness with which she wields her influence.

peel back that layer of joviality, and you will find a keenness that proves her absolute belonging to the house; dig a bit deeper, and you will find the morality her father lacks seems absent in her, too, replaced instead by a haughty detachedness.

how could she have turned out any other way?

as much as she embodies her house's greed and ambition, though, those closest to cami know she holds no fondness toward her family. they have offered her none, and she is ill not to reciprocate! it's been drilled into her not to rely on such fragile things as affection and love, the latter of which has always been conditional. in the end, it is money that talks; if the money were to demand she ruin her house, she might not object.

it is what a real citrine would do, after all.

likes.
alcohol, dark chocolate, autumn, driving, shopping

dislikes.
reptiles, complete darkness, cheap pens, olives

fears.
complete loneliness, permanent loss of senses

interests.
painting, card games, stationery

bloodline

ariana grande

ovv.

in the current house of citrine, there is none more suited for the position of heir than camille is. she knows this, she delights in it, because it is a position that lends her so much power she doesn't even know what to do with half of it! whatever in the world could she do with this much influence? this much money?

that's a lie, actually. she knows exactly what to do with it, because she's camille chung!

it is a little-known secret that the house of citrine actually had an heir before her, a rumour that ran through low-end magazines before any mention of it was promptly wiped. completely. the higher houses may remember being introduced to a boy with a mop of messy hair before a girl with her hair pinned neatly back, but they know better than to point it out; if citrine says it never happened, then it didn't.

her brother was six years older, which meant camille was only 10 when he was all but kicked out of the house โ€” only 10 when she became heir apparent. it would've been a tough transition, if she were anyone but herself. fortunately, she's camille chung! always talented, always excellent, and always as clever and ruthless as her father hoped her to be. gabriel didn't have the guts, but she does.

sometimes, she thinks he is lucky to have left. most times, she can imagine no other future for herself.

too far gone, maybe.

she can't remember when she fell into what her grandmother would've certainly called the "wrong type of crowd" if she were still alive. around the time her mother no longer smiled in her direction? or when her father had called her his mirror image? maybe she'd sought freedom, maybe she'd craved connection, maybe she was just sick of pinning her hair back all the time.

her grandmother would've certainly done more about it than her father did! her metamorphosis was slow, calculated, and done with enough discretion that by the time he realised his pretty, perfect daughter had become a version he didn't quite recognise, he could not find enough fault in it. her investments had begun to matter, their vassals now knew her name, and she didn't have a younger sibling for him to throw the position onto.

nonetheless, she keeps him satisfied, to some extent โ€” he believes he has her under control, she convinces him so by pinning her hair up for her public appearances. but if the citrine empire henry chung has cultivated is as expansive as the sky, camille chung is determined to rule the heavens instead.

god, she can't wait to inherit.

itv.

what were your academy days like? did you specialize in anything interesting? make any friends?
โ nothing particularly riveting, i would say. i hung out with very normal people, although i have to say i've drifted from that group quite a bit. i'm sure my teachers miss me! i was an amazing student โ€” is that surprising? โž
she laughs, a melodic but empty sound.
โ no, but i wouldn't go back to visit. for other reasons, i assure you. โž

how is your current relationship with your family? are you expecting to succeed the title? are you even interested in that sort of gig?
she eyes you, and her lips twist into a bemused smirk.
โ by all means. my position is common knowledge, is it not? i would say i'm quite well-suited to be heir, and i have no doubt my father agrees, though he might not say it quite so liberally! โž

we were all raised on araksavism, of course, but would you consider yourself particularly religious? how favourably do you view the holy temple?
โ ah, well, of course. โž
she pauses, as if deliberating.
โ citrine's position on the holy temple is well-documented. personally, however, i'm not as devout as others i know, but i revere the blessing nonetheless. โž

why did you choose to accept lady duyen's invitation? if it was even your choice, i mean... are you nervous at all?
โ for fun? โž
her voice has taken on a teasing lilt.
โ it was the family's decision, in the end, but i'm not particularly against it. call it a merchant's curiosity towards a legendary relic, yes? โž

misc.

mbti.
entj-t

alignment.
chaotic neutral

reputation.
while close associates of citrine within the business world know her to be the clever, capable daughter of henry chung, the wider population is more likely to know of her as another of the many rich socialites of seimaya. what few articles published of her don't push the people's opinions either way, and the tabloids know to keep her name out of their headlines. in the high-end party circles, however, camille is known as a generous, blithesome, and somewhat terrifying individual. a must-invite for your events, although her presence is never guaranteed.

the dynamics of the main citrine family are lesser-known; the chungs have no notable scandals of affairs or abuse, but 'loving' or 'close-knit' has rarely been used to describe them.

spoken languages.
english, mandarin, several chinese dialects including cantonese and shanghainese, and french.

love languages.
quality time, gift-giving, physical touch

extra facts.
insane alcohol tolerance โ€” she's only drunk if she wants you to think she is
//
lowkey an insomniac
//
a stationery nerd on the DL, abhors using cheap pens or paper
//
a lover of spicy food
//
dog person. owns a slightly-ugly bichon frisรฉ named bebe
//
good with names, bad with faces
//
drives a sleek, black porsche
//
would probably sell you to one direction
//
never seen without a branded good, probably
//
frequently spotted at le cรฉleste, a luxury department store she bought over a few years ago

rel.

henry chung

father

the patriarch of citrine is known to be a shrewd, ambitious man, though cami has seen firsthand the less noble sides of him. he's expressed, often, how similar cami is to him, and how good of a sign that is for the future of citrine. her outlandishness a mere phase, forcedly short-lived if she does not outgrow it in the next few years, or he shall intervene like he has done countless times before. cami concedes to him on business matters, but to be compared to him leaves a sour taste in her mouth.

elise adrienne ho

mother

a former ballet star from a less notable iolite family who retired after a leg injury. though a great mother in cami's childhood, she has since become reclusive and temperamental. it is impossible not to notice the contempt in her eyes when she looks upon her daughter these days, and they speak in tense superficialities.

gabriel elio chung

older brother

the former heir and present disappointment of citrine โ€” cami thinks they should've named him lucifer instead if they'd wanted him to turn out differently. though gabriel still treats his sister fondly, she usually responds only with snark and indifference, for both his and her sakes. gabriel has blossomed into a fine scholar, and presently conducts his research at the arya academy.

???

fiancรฉ

[prospective] really want an engagement deal thing going on with camille โ€” definitely something arranged when she was much younger, and definitely something she has not bothered to uphold. teasing, maybe a bit of possessiveness. perhaps: aventurine or aquamarine.

???

party people, etc.

[prospective] flings, friends, anyone with a less than stellar record is likely to have rubbed shoulders with her at one point or another. romantic tension or beef? something a little juicy, possibly somewhat one-sided.

???

clientele-ish

[prospective] part of cami's huge influence in younger social circles comes from her imports. the young heiress boasts โ€” and shares, if you're in her good graces โ€” the earliest access to many of the world's latest trends from music to fashion, and if you're at all a follower of popular culture, you've probably asked her to bring something in for you. merchant's privilege!

scroll

Last edited:

scroll

scroll

โ
Don't worry, your father is only your father until one of you forgets.

ocean vuong

Heir to Aventurine

Sylvan

full name

Sylvan Kihara

nicknames

Syl

d.o.b.

March 11th

sexuality

bisexual

Dove (Doll ver.)

antihoney

visage

height

5'7"

weight

130 lbs

hair c.

dark brown, nearly black hair he keeps just about ear length. There is a natural wave to his hair that he decided to stop fighting awhile ago, allowing his natural waves to guide his daily style.

eye c.

An inviting, warm brown accompanied by a spattering of pale freckles across his cheeks and nose

faceclaim

Sakaguchi Kentaro

build

Sylvan has always been on the smaller side among his peers. He has a slender figure that borders along the lines of willowy. Heโ€™s tried exercising to build up a layer of muscle, but his body could never keep up with the physical endurance such a feat would require. Heโ€™s the shortest of his siblings, even his sisters, standing at a meager 5โ€™7โ€.

psyche

Sylvan likes to think of himself best during his academy days. Unencumbered by the failings perceived by his family, he was allowed to simply--be. And what he became was someone unafraid to be soft and kind. Sylvan has a way of listening to others that makes them feel all important, the vortex of his brown, concentrated eyes leaving his conversation partner feeling as if they were the only two people in the world. He could extend a level of empathy to anyone, no matter what it was they spoke of, and they could walk away feeling as though they had been truly, honestly heard.

Without hearing Sylvanโ€™s last name, one would think of him as a hard worker who came from a modest family. The power and opportunity at his familyโ€™s fingertips were unable to spoil his temperament. He is most often mellow and even tempered, although a bit too soft spoken and easy to roll over. It is easy for someone more manipulative and bull headed to strong arm him into concession, even if it is something he doesnโ€™t necessarily wish to do.

At home, Sylvan exists in constant apology. He is quiet and respectful during dinners, never offering his opinion during family discussions because he knows it wonโ€™t be heard, even if he screamed it until his voice was hoarse. He is diligent and obedient when given orders, no matter how unfair they become. He is patient, tenacious. A requirement for living with his siblings for so long. He learned early on that to endure was better than to bite back.

The longer he spends at home though, frustration and rage begin to grow like a parasite within him, squirming under his skin with intrusive thoughts. This pure anger scares Sylvan, leaving him fearful for the day when he finally snaps. Would he be the same after, or would he evolve into someone else? Someone like his father?

โ€” INTERVIEW.

"what were your academy days like? did you specialize in anything interesting? make any friends?"

โ€œMy time at the academy served as a refreshing change of pace. At the academy, I wasnโ€™t my fatherโ€™s son. I wasnโ€™t my siblingsโ€™ brother. I bore it in my last name, sure, but the comparison ended there. I was just me. Sylvan. And I was finally good at the right things.โ€

Sylvan shifted, his slender hands clasping together in his lap. โ€œIt was freeing to be able to study the things I wanted, not what was expected of my family. I loved learning of the environment and nature but art and literature--they had a different kind of appeal for me. One that felt truer, I guess.โ€

"how is your current relationship with your family? are you expecting to succeed the title? are you even interested in that sort of gig?"

Sylvan was quiet for a moment, his eyes becoming sheepish and downcast.

When he finally spoke his voice was quiet, tender. โ€œI am to my family what a scar is to previously unmarred flesh. Something to grieve.โ€

โ€œYou know, despite our new found wealth, my family has a lot of pride in what we used to be. They often attribute this hard work ethic for what allowed us the blessing of our wealth in the first place. What made us valuable in the eyes of our religion. With that work ethic comes a certain standard of--of looks. Of skills. We were a family of hard laborers. The land was our gold and our bodiesโ€™ superior ability to work it our blessing.โ€

Sylvan shifted his gaze upward, dark brow furrowed as he talked. โ€œWhen I look in the mirror I donโ€™t see any of that. I was born prematurely, so underdeveloped that itโ€™s a miracle I even survived at all. I am too frail for field work, my small frame and muscles buckle under the demands of hard labor. I wouldโ€™ve been a burden before wealth allowed me comfort. My siblings all see that in me, my father sees that in me. But, funnily enough, out of all my siblings, I look the most like my father.โ€

He chewed on his lip in thought. โ€œI think thatโ€™s why itโ€™s so hard for him. To look at me. I serve as a mirror to him, holding within all the things he refuses to ever be. Weak, unskilled, sensitive. And within me that is what heโ€™s become. And he rejects it.โ€

Sylvan tilted his head to the side, the ghost of a smile passing over his lips. โ€œThat being said, would you expect to inherit a title if you were in my shoes?โ€

"we were all raised on araksavism, of course, but would you consider yourself particularly religious? how favorably do you view the holy temple?"

โ€œMy relationship with araksavism is a personal one. I donโ€™t actively speak of it with others, but it is there. Woven into my blood and filling out the marrow of my bones. Did you know, the Kihara family has a tradition of childbirth within the sika deer territories? We owe our wealth to them and the nature they exist in, so our ancestors have deemed that we belong to them, indebted. I was born in one of the sika deer territories. It exists inside me, through every breath and when I die, I will return to it. Thatโ€™s as much as I feel comfortable saying aloud.โ€

"why did you choose to accept lady duyen's invitation? if it was even your choice, i mean... are you nervous at all?"

โ€œI accepted the invitation because I didnโ€™t have a choice. When we received the letter, my family thought it best to leave such a decision to the divine. Itโ€™s how we gained our wealth, after all, why not trust it with something as important as this?โ€ He fiddled with his hands as he continued talking. โ€œWe went out into the sika deer territory, me and all of my siblings, and we were to sit in separate areas until the forest made its decision known.โ€

He swallowed hard. โ€œIt only took thirty minutes for the forest to decide it was me. I didnโ€™t dare tell them that the Sika deer only swarmed near me because they were accustomed to seeing me. That I cared for their ecosystem often and they felt comfortable around me. It would be questioning the divine, in their eyes.โ€ Sylvan smiled awkwardly. โ€œOf course Iโ€™m nervous. My family thinks Iโ€™ve been divinely chosen to compete in this and I--I donโ€™t think there was any divinity behind it. Just coincidence.โ€ Sylvan turned his head to the side, mouth set in a straight line. The despair in his fatherโ€™s eyes when he realized the fate of their house rested on him was a new kind of feeling. The look he had given his son was not one of hope but of--of having already lost it. His father had already begun to grieve the opportunity.

nature, sika deer, early mornings, coffee, sweet foods, aromatic tea, books with beautifully written prose, poetry, the scent of fresh flowers, bird songs in the morning, the deep green of the forest, spring rain

dislikes

being compared to his siblings, politics, destruction of nature, people who prey on the weak, bitter teas, humid days, poorly written literature

fears

Losing himself, seeing the forests he grew up within be destroyed

concept

Diary Entry: | April 2nd

It was early spring, which meant archery practice for the upcoming summer festivals. My siblings wore faces of confidence that day, emboldened further by the memory of golden medals previously hung around thick necks. I stood behind them in line, a forgettable smudge in the traditional clothes that drowned me.

โ€œHeโ€™ll grow into them sir, donโ€™t worry,โ€ The seamstress had reassured my father. I didnโ€™t pay attention to the way his brow had pinched in disapproval, seeming as if to say โ€œHe shouldnโ€™t have to grow into them. He should have already fit them by now.โ€

That was years ago. The clothes still drowned me, loose fabric cinched sloppily at the waist by the ties of my pants. My siblings had outgrown their own outfits two, three times in the span that I had remained unchanged in mine. Their thick, muscled forearms gleamed with a golden honey past the short white sleeves of the archery uniform. My arms looked pale and anemic in comparison. I kept my gaze on the targets outside.

Archery, like many of the skills our family valued with pride, was something I struggled to master. I pulled back on the bow, the string taut and giving much more resistance than I had anticipated. My footing wavered at the action, the bow winning in its resistance and throwing me off balance. Snickers sounded behind me, skipping through the air like a smooth pebble over the surface of a lake. I ignored them.

โ€œEasy, Sylvan,โ€ The instructor cooed. โ€œDraw in a breath, allow your core to steady when you pull back the bowโ€

I could feel the gaze of my father carving into my back as I retook my stance. That was judgment enough already. My muscles screamed as I pulled the string back properly this time, elbow locking to avoid my grip from slipping. The arrow now notched securely within, I took aim and loosed it. It landed in the soft grass several feet in front of the target with a dampened thump, dark soil sprayed upward from the impact.

I could only stare forward, the roaring laughter of my siblings drowning out any sound of criticism or pity from the staff. I was afraid to turn lest I feel the cold disgust descend upon me from my father. But what I imagined was far worse than he would ever allow me. When I turned to retake my place among my siblings, my father's chair was empty. A silent message to me. โ€œYou're not even worth the effort of disappointment. You're lesser than that. You're nothing.โ€

I couldn't decide what would've hit me the hardest, being greeted with the disappointment in his eyes or not being good enough to warrant even the generation of it.

Later that night, my feelings of humiliation had stirred within me an old tale my mother had told of our ancestors. The night before a large harvest, they would paint their bodies in characters of strength, their way of asking the divine to imbue their bodies with the energy needed to complete their tasks. I swallowed hard, remembering the jeering laughs from my siblings at the pathetic display I had put on. So I began painting. The ink was cold against my skin, old characters hard to read in the dim lighting. When I was done, I looked at myself in the mirror, slender body covered in arcs of black brushstrokes.

Anger was dug up from a well deep within me, crackling to the surface. The scream I loosed didnโ€™t sound like it had come from me, but the agony and the rage within it was mine and mine alone. I swung at the can of ink from its place neatly set before me, the can tipping over and splashing a long streak of wet ink against the mirror before clattering off into a corner.

It was humiliating, I was humiliating for even trying such a thing. The inky characters I had painted onto my face became streaked and muddy with tears. What more would I have to do to prove to my father that I was good enough for the family? My eyes landed on the sight of me in the mirror, doubled over on all fours and head hung in shame. I will have to find my own way. I will have to find my own way.

gallery

connections

character name

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Suspendisse finibus erat mi, vel consectetur neque ultrices a. Nulla facilisi. Fusce at quam ut sem pharetra posuere nec nec enim. Mauris rhoncus fermentum sapien, ac finibus mi tempus sed.

character name

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Suspendisse finibus erat mi, vel consectetur neque ultrices a. Nulla facilisi. Fusce at quam ut sem pharetra posuere nec nec enim. Mauris rhoncus fermentum sapien, ac finibus mi tempus sed.

character name

character name

miscellaneous

hobbies

Writing, art, reading, hiking through nature, visiting the sika deer

misc

Sylvan visits the sika deer territories often. Enough that the deer there recognize him as a non threat, and go about their daily routines as if he was nothing more than another tree. He takes great care to manage their ecosystem and while he refrains from intervening until absolutely necessary, monitors for any injuries or illnesses within the deer population.

โ™กcoded by uxieโ™ก

Last edited:

coded by phnx.

jiraiya

3 Strikes
Terror Jr
0:23 โ”โ”โโ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ 2:55

• basics

NAME

wachirawit rattanakosin

AKA

โ€œyayaโ€ by his brothers, โ€œjijiโ€ by friends (vaani)

D.O.B.

april 19th

P.O.B

seimaya (palace living room)

ROLE

neptunite

NICKNAME

jiraiya

twenty-one

SEXUALITY

unknown

cismale

TITLE

third prince (aka the forgotten child)

HAIR: very dark brown that looks a bit lighter in the sun. usually parted to the left a bit but his bangs are parted in the middle to show his forehead and frame his face.

EYES: chocolate brown

HEIGHT: 183cm (6โ€™)

BUILD: since he practically lives in the gym, heโ€™s just. built. sculpted. muscly toned arms, defined chest, chiseled stomach, tapered waist and bite-able quads. feel free to chomp.

MODIFICATIONS: he has both ears pierced and a few tattoos in places easily hidden by clothing (his mother may or may not approve). he has a brushstroke dragon tattooed on his hip, and for his nickname-sake, a lightning strike on his back.

FACECLAIM: tack phongsakorn

basics
persona
concept
social

Last edited:

A.

fortuna

crush the king, bury the dream

P
riestess

req.

full name.
lydianna fang (่Šณ้›ฏๅคญ)

a.k.a.
lydia (most), eddie (friends), ๅคญๅ„ฟ (father)

age.
twenty-three

sexuality.
pansexual

d.o.b.
january 5

role.
aquamarine

a sacred river runs in my veins
wherever you take me, I'll get home

vis.

hair.
jet-black, almost bluish in hue, varying little in length or style as it hangs slightly below her shoulders.

eyes.
doe-like eyes contrasted with a knowing gaze, colored a shade of obsidian to rival her hair.

build.
a slender figure, with long limbs and a straight back, drawn up as tightly yet gracefully as a ballerina. with a presence even taller than her full height of 5'8", eddie is deceptively toned underneath a willowy build, though you'd never guess by her delicate manners.

body mods.
ear piercings, and
vertical waves
inked from her nape all the way down her back.

faceclaim.
he huixiang

clo.

psy.

stoic

eloquent

perceptive

judgemental

ambitious

jealous

if news broke that the world would end tomorrow, you imagine lydianna fang would just take another slow sip of her fruity cocktail.

just call me eddie, she likes to greet, without the faintest smile gracing her lips. only those closest to her ever really dare โ€” maybe it's because she only keeps the daring ones close. many seek to befriend the heir of aquamarine, often found in a sea of lights and glamour, but few mistake her for the friendly sort once they are leveled with her cutting stare.

venomous with her words but soft-spoken in her delivery, eddie is cold in a way that creeps up on you, like a thin layer of ice spreading across a pond. you are well-advised to tread lightly around her, even if her grace at times looks like graciousness, lest you fall into a bone-chilling depth.

likes.
cats, swimming, beaches, floral perfume, early mornings, late nights, sour cocktails, fresh coffee

dislikes.
pistachios, sharp scents, raising her voice, bad drivers, bad liars, puppet shows, running

fears.
loss of memories, loss of lucidity

fortuna

lexie liu

itv.

what were your academy days like? did you specialize in anything interesting? make any friends?
"the academy? oh, yes, i attended. mostly language classes, since they were the most useful. everything else i needed to know, i was already homeschooled on, but i enjoyed them well enough. and as for friends, well." she crosses her legs. "let's say that everyone i needed to know, i already did, too.

how is your current relationship with your family? are you expecting to succeed the title? are you even interested in that sort of gig?
a quiet stare. "why do you ask? i'm the only successor to my father's name so, of course, i must succeed his title. my interest is besides the point." she leans back into her chair, the picture of dispassion. "they've spoken of adopting a cousin or two, just in case, but my father isn't interested. he's worried about me ever since i took badly to the last time a family member was added. he really doesn't have to be." a hint of a sneer tugs at her lips, fleeting. "they wouldn't matter, anyway."

we were all raised on araksavism, of course, but would you consider yourself particularly religious? how favourably do you view the holy temple?
"i revere the blessing above all, and the holy temple protects it. i hold it at the highest regard. without it, there would be no stopping certain organizations," her tone turns just the slightest bit scathing, "from destroying the peace we have. it's for the good of us all."

why did you choose to accept lady duyen's invitation? if it was even your choice, i mean... are you nervous at all?
"why wouldn't i?" she arcs a brow. "it's an interesting opportunity. both the chance to get our hands on an ancient relic and the chance to meet lady duyen. chalcedony is such a... quiet house, after all. i've never seen the benefits of being nervous for things like these. there's nothing to lose."

cnc.

a girl lies among the reflection of clouds. she is young. a child, or barely older than one. she is dressed in white, dark hair spread around her like a halo, skin pale. the clear water softly ripples with her shallow breaths. it is hard to tell if she is floating or just slowly sinking, surrendered to the lulling waves.

the water takes them away โ€” a woman's gentle voice โ€” and returns them anew.

the sound of men approaches from a distance. a sizeable crowd, a clambering chorus, dissonant and panicked in their cadence. they are calling desperately out for something, only getting more urgent as the seconds tick on. but under the surface, in the all-encompassing peace, they are just faraway echoes. ghostly murmurs.

returns them anew โ€” a strange saying โ€” anew, different, stranger. yet, separate from not returning at all. what is the distinction?

someone calls out, more sharply than the rest. a loud slap of something striking the water's surface. the girl's eyes flutter open. she takes a deep, ill-advised breath. her body tenses, sinking fully underwater as her limbs scramble to find their bearings again; all at once, as if both she and the world were shocked to recall her circumstances.

but as abruptly as she had begun drowning, she is dragged out of the crystalline depths. the world snaps back into view, the hazy blur cleared from her senses. the noise around her seems to explode suddenly in volume, but it doesn't bother her long before her small figure is pulled into an embrace.

"yao'er,"
a deeper voice than the one in her head. in the chaos of the waves and the hysteria ashore, the girl recognizes vaguely that she is being brought back to land.

"yao'er,"
her father, his tone unlike any she'd heard before from him.
"baby, i've got you, it's okay."

blood from the cuts on her hands taints his white shirt. cuts that might have come from her efforts to crawl up the jagged rocks along the shore, yet seemed far too structured in their appearance for such a scene. the man is too caught up in the moment to make either observation.

"she's not there,"
the taste of saltwater is still heavy on her tongue, but her words are too firm for the ramblings of a delirious survivor,
"she's not there anymore, in the water."

his arms tighten around her.
"your mother-"

lived a good life. isn't truly gone. could never be replaced.

"has been returned to the world, lydia, even if we don't see it."

but what's the point of coming back if it wasn't to her? how is it not a loss when it's out of her grasp? what's the use in something she can no longer have?

over her father's shoulder, she glances silently back at the sea.

misc.

mbti.
istj-a

reputation.

extra facts.

rel.

michael fang

father

an intelligent man, ruthless in his work but generous to those around him โ€” it's only a shame that he's cursed. or, so they say. he must be, to have had such bad luck in continuing his bloodline. to the head of aquamarine, his only daughter is a gift above all others. his angel, so to speak, though he knows full well that's not quite the word for her. an absent father but a loving one, who generally lets eddie do whatever she wants, mostly out of trust that she's smart enough not to go too far.

justine akibara

mother (deceased)

a commoner, albeit a wealthy one, whose marriage into aquamarine made the headlines. a low-key woman who spent most of her times taking care of her daughter or at the temples, the only time she made headlines after that was when she passed in childbirth, nearly thirteen years later. eddie was old enough when it happened to remember, and old enough now to pretend she doesn't.

maya ramakrishnan

step-mother

eddie likes maya, actually. beautiful, headstrong maya from the fringes of peridot, who isn't afraid to tell her father what she really thinks. what eddie doesn't like is a threat, which is why with every year passing without a new heir for aquamarine, her relationship with her step-mother has eased. the woman believes her step-daughter has simply started to let go of how she showed up barely months after the first wife passed. eddie hasn't corrected her yet.

others

open

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Curabitur molestie varius sem. Nam mollis tincidunt ipsum ut semper. In in sollicitudin odio. Nunc pellentesque, nulla ut interdum consequat, erat erat congue justo, at consequat ante felis ut tortor. Duis lectus sem, tincidunt a turpis non, blandit lacinia dolor. Cras venenatis augue eu diam varius, at varius justo fringilla. Donec vitae suscipit tellus, pharetra tempor ex.

scroll

Last edited:

short phrase.

full name

hana moore

alias

Answer

ethnicity

african american & korean

twenty five

height

Answer

hair

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit.n

eyes

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit.

Build

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Vestibulum fringilla felis id sem consectetur, a pretium diam ornare. Integer accumsan bibendum enim sed tristique. Vestibulum egestas ornare condimentum.

dist. features

body modifications

title

artist

req.

req.

a little quote here!

Donec
vestibulum dui eget diam sodales lobortis. Nulla fermentum purus fringilla hendrerit tincidunt. Quisque ullamcorper fringilla augue, a laoreet ligula vehicula vel. Vestibulum laoreet tristique sem, vel malesuada nunc congue quis. Nulla aliquet massa a felis viverra iaculis. Praesent ac tortor quis diam efficitur consequat non id eros. Nullam malesuada quis nisl vitae consequat.

Ut iaculis, est sit amet laoreet fringilla, leo neque pharetra tellus, vel hendrerit lorem neque eget diam. Vivamus varius libero vitae nisl consequat egestas. Ut viverra lorem purus, egestas sagittis nulla dapibus et. Aenean ornare nulla non mattis luctus. Quisque accumsan nec mi in semper. Curabitur dignissim pellentesque dolor, ut malesuada urna interdum iaculis. Integer vulputate risus justo, nec volutpat turpis accumsan a. Nunc at aliquam leo. In vel sem et felis aliquet rutrum. Aenean eget maximus ipsum, fringilla semper velit. Donec tempus porta mauris at rutrum. Phasellus tincidunt, mauris id commodo varius, lorem nisi tincidunt dolor, sed tincidunt quam nulla eu enim. Ut fermentum elit vitae magna dignissim bibendum sed eu mi. Integer non semper mauris. Cras egestas orci quis rhoncus vulputate. Integer vestibulum congue justo vel eleifend.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Donec vestibulum dui eget diam sodales lobortis. Nulla fermentum purus fringilla hendrerit tincidunt. Quisque ullamcorper fringilla augue, a laoreet ligula vehicula vel.

dislikes

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Donec vestibulum dui eget diam sodales lobortis. Nulla fermentum purus fringilla hendrerit tincidunt. Quisque ullamcorper fringilla augue, a laoreet ligula vehicula vel. Nulla aliquet massa a felis viverra iaculis. Praesent ac tortor quis diam efficitur consequat non id eros.

quirks

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Donec vestibulum dui eget diam sodales lobortis.

pers.

pers.

birth

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Donec vestibulum dui eget diam sodales lobortis. Nulla fermentum purus fringilla hendrerit tincidunt. Quisque ullamcorper fringilla augue, a laoreet ligula vehicula vel. Vestibulum laoreet tristique sem, vel malesuada nunc congue quis. Nulla aliquet massa a felis viverra iaculis. Praesent ac tortor quis diam efficitur consequat non id eros. Nullam malesuada quis nisl vitae consequat.

Ut iaculis, est sit amet laoreet fringilla, leo neque pharetra tellus, vel hendrerit lorem neque eget diam. Vivamus varius libero vitae nisl consequat egestas. Ut viverra lorem purus, egestas sagittis nulla dapibus et. Aenean ornare nulla non mattis luctus. Quisque accumsan nec mi in semper. Curabitur dignissim pellentesque dolor, ut malesuada urna interdum iaculis. Integer vulputate risus justo, nec volutpat turpis accumsan a. Nunc at aliquam leo. In vel sem et felis aliquet rutrum. Aenean eget maximus ipsum, fringilla semper velit. Donec tempus porta mauris at rutrum. Phasellus tincidunt, mauris id commodo varius, lorem nisi tincidunt dolor, sed tincidunt quam nulla eu enim. Ut fermentum elit vitae magna dignissim bibendum sed eu mi. Integer non semper mauris. Cras egestas orci quis rhoncus vulputate. Integer vestibulum congue justo vel eleifend.

part. 2

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Donec vestibulum dui eget diam sodales lobortis. Nulla fermentum purus fringilla hendrerit tincidunt. Quisque ullamcorper fringilla augue, a laoreet ligula vehicula vel. Vestibulum laoreet tristique sem, vel malesuada nunc congue quis. Nulla aliquet massa a felis viverra iaculis. Praesent ac tortor quis diam efficitur consequat non id eros. Nullam malesuada quis nisl vitae consequat.

best friend

name here

best friend

name here

best friend

name here

question here

question here

hist.

hist.

scroll

โ™กcoded by uxieโ™ก

Last edited:

scroll

scroll

โ
Take me to the lakes where all the poets went to die I don't belong, and my beloved, neither do you.

taylor swift

heir of iolite

Ying Yue.

full name

Xu Ying Yue

nicknames

Yueyi

twenty-two

d.o.b.

july 19th

sexuality

bisexual

the lakes

taylor swift

visage

height

5'4"

weight

101lbs

hair c.

a long and shiny dark brown hair that cascades down her shoulders in soft waves

eye c.

dark brown eyes that can be described as expressive with a warmth and soft gaze that charms even the coldest heart.

faceclaim

zhao lusi

psyche

Xu Ying Yue can be described as a person full of warmth and compassion. Most people in Iolite would say she is like a gentle breeze on a sunny day. Whether she is caring for her loved ones or negotiating an alliance. She approaches each interaction with a sincere desire to make a difference. Beneath her sweet exterior lies a sharp intellect and a strategic mind. Yet, unlike many of her peers, Ying Yue's ambition is not one based on a thirst for power. Instead, she dreams of a future where compassion wins over conflict and where everyone is valued. Her optimism is unbreakable, her goal is to be a beacon of light that guides and inspires those around her in her pursuit of their goals.

vices

stubborn, impatient, naive,

virtues

compassionate, adaptable, resilient, charismatic, empathetic

board games, sunsets, daffodils, vanilla ice cream, strawberries, romance books, writing letters

dislikes

conflicts, being late, insects, small spaces

fears

being a failure, losing loved ones

history

Date: March 14th

Have you ever experienced that feeling when you achieve one of your dreams? Well, today was one of those days where I checked something off of my bucket list. Perhaps to some people itโ€™s not a big deal and for others, itโ€™s the opportunity of a lifetime. Oh! You are wondering what I did? Well, the answer to that is that I was able to write a column for the newspaper.

I knew it wasnโ€™t a groundbreaking piece, but all my efforts were put into those inked words. Of course, I know some people might think I had it easy just for being the heir of Iolite and that this was just a whim of the princess, but the reality it was the opposite I wanted to experience the complete process, meeting up with the deadlines, accepting the critiques and even the rejection of my past works, it was hard and there were moments when I thought about giving up, but deep down I knew I couldnโ€™t do that my desire to make into the publication was greater than the obstacles. If I was going to get published was because of my talent and not because of who I was.

Thatโ€™s why the moment I held the newspaper of that day and saw my name after the column that I wrote filled me with pride and joy, and I almost started twirling around out of happiness at seeing my dreams come true. The idea of people all over Seimaya reading my column even if itโ€™s out of curiosity or just because they got interested in making me believe that I am on the right path. Today is just a column but the next time I update you about my writing journey Iโ€™ll have a complete page! Or who knows, maybe Iโ€™ll even have a book!

"I think most of the time I spent in the academy I was always in the library, reading a book and writing or taking pictures from what was around me as some kind of muse. I guess some people must have thought I was as studious as students from Peridot, but the truth was far from that, they can be the greatest minds of our generation but I bet none of them can write a drama scene like me.

I am not saying we are strained but I guess there have been times when we had a better relationship. Father is always busy with his duties as the head of the house and Mother is always planning the new charity event of Iolite I guess they were expecting I would end up getting interested in those activities but when they started realizing I was marching to the beat of my drum there was a shift, not saying they are completely disappointed or at least that's what I am hoping.

I guess in that subject I have always remained neutral, Iolite has always been known for not siding with any faction in that matter, so I was raised with that mindset.

As the only daughter I guess you could say I didn't have any other choice, I am not saying I am against it I think it's a great opportunity to meet the heirs of other nations it would probably be a good source for a new column. Although I am not sure if the others would be too thrilled about that. But time will tell.

gallery

connections

character name

character name

character name

character name

miscellaneous

whatever

hello

whatever

hello

โ™กcoded by uxieโ™ก

Last edited:

โ€” dear brutus.

full name

cesara bintha sayed

nicknames

"cesa" (pronounced 'che-za')
"jackal" โ€“ often used by supporters of the king, a derogatory way to refer to members of house iolite on account of the rumours surrounding their dealings with the queen

role

heir of iolite, fifth in line

twenty-four

cis female (she/her)

sexuality

lesbian

faceclaim

atikah karim

style

height

6'0" (1.83m)

hair

Loose, dark midnight waves, cut just long enough to reach the nape of her neck.

eyes

Glittering, fox-like, and proud. The colour of crystallized honey.

Build

Cesara stands at a slender six feet, towering over most with a lean and toned frame.

dist. features

Everything about the Iolite heiress seems meticulously curated, meant to endear her to the public eye. She prefers to clad herself in dark leathers, precariously-buttoned silk shirts, and pretty rings that leave an ugly cut after a punch. There is an artful purposefulness to every windswept hair on her head, intent behind every freckle left unconcealed. Charming, uncalloused โ€“ an unfairly handsome girl often found with a lazy canine's grin curling at the corner of her lips.

body modifications

Several piercings on both ears, which she prefers to adorn with small, simple gold hoops.

caesar on a tv screen

the last dinner party

req.

req.

i felt like an emperor with a city to burn.

Cesara would describe herself to be, above all,
relentless.
Coming from a once-great house, she is determined to prove herself as Iolite's rightful heir, the only one, in her eyes, who's willing to shake the very earth to restore its former glory. In her heart of hearts, she holds a closely-kept
disdain
for the main branch of her family, having long-since cemented her belief that her pompous, doe-eyed cousins were not meant for politics the way she was born to be. While the current Iolite values sustainability and community, Cesara sees
power
as the true marker of success. It's hard to impress her โ€” she seems to admire ruthlessness and intelligence, so long as you don't surpass or threaten her standing in any way. She covets power enough to fancy herself as a natural leader, despite how often she is inclined to
follow
orders from those who share similar views rather than delegate. Nonetheless, she can be quite adamant about what she wants, and isn't afraid to speak her mind, a charming quality to her
tenaciousness
that almost never fails to claw her way into the most exclusive of social circles.

On some occasions, however, her inability to socially adapt to others causes more harm than benefit. She can be
callous and single-minded
, only considering her own views and having little empathy for others. Emotionally
detached
and rarely feeling intense emotions such as guilt or sadness, Cesara often struggles to feign the basics of empathy, altogether forgoing attempts to seem more approachable and sincere. If her way is the only way, why bother dressing it up? However, anger and disdain come naturally to her as breathing, and it's far too easy to court her
temper.
She has a strong sense of
pride,
and is capable of being impulsive when it's been wounded, driven by the fires of competition and an innate need to prove herself. From afar, most regard her as a lively and eccentric dark horse, steadily climbing up the ranks of Iolite after her recent graduation from the Academy.
Insightful, ambitious, and magnetic
enough to command cavalries, if you can get past the arrogance. However, look a little closer, press a little harder, and you'll find yourself wondering if Cesara is ever truly smiling, or just baring her teeth.

virtues

pragmatic, strong-willed, bold, decisive, ambitious, persuasive

vices

vain, detached, vindictive, arrogant, impulsive, inflexible, lacks critical thinking skills

headcanons

โ€” wasn't really around other children in her formative years so she didn't develop proper social skills until much later
โ€” waits for the other person to stop talking and focuses on what shes going to say next instead of paying attention
โ€” she WILL laugh in ur face during serious situations if she finds it amusing (has no sense of appropriate reaction)
โ€” jumps at the chance to do a heretic ritual every time smth doesn't go her way
โ€” SUPER meticulous about her appearance to the most embarrassing degree
โ€” most traumatizing thing for her so far is having to be surrounded by liberals (other iolites)

fears

irrelevance, vulnerability, being ostracized, the passage of time, mediocrity

interests

gossip, horseback riding, warfare and martial arts, gambling, art collecting, dancing (untrained), drinking contests

pers.

pers.

concept

What could be expected of a know-nothing backwoods girl with nothing to her name but a watered down ounce of Iolite blood? Certainly nothing worth the ink to write in any history book, surely. Cesara, however, is determined to etch her name in stone. She refuses to be defined by humble origins, having singed any trace of the small, cowering, soot-faced orphan she once was โ€” she wouldn't trade any of the bloodshed and severed ties, none of it, for the opportunity that sits between her outstretched hands.

Make an enemy of her, and you'll find she has forged herself into a knife that only strikes to cut you open, revealing meaning. Inner workings. Secrets. Truths. Capture her attention, and she'll crown you, herself. Her obsession knows no bounds, but where do her true allegiances lie? Oh, but it is so easy to allow her in. It feels addictive, almost maddening, this devotion laid right at your altar, you can't help but bask in it. Let her carve her way into your being until there is no telling where you end and she begins.

However, false idols, heed this warning: As quickly as she makes herself apart of you, she may just as easily tear herself away and leave you to bleed.

best friend

name here

best friend

name here

best friend

name here

"I studied martial history and graduated with honors, distinction, all of it. I could've made suma cum laudeโ€“," Cesara scoffs with barely concealed annoyance. "And trust me, I would've, if the Academy cared about merit rather than lining their pockets."

She regains composure fairly easily, continuing with, "Friends? Hm. Yes, I remember meeting a few like-minded souls. Naturally, we all knew each other as the top students of our respective fields. I wasn't interested in playing nice with the rest of the martial history cohort. We were an exclusive bunch." She smiles, heavy-lidded.

"Apex predators don't tend to mingle with prey, do they?"

how is your current relationship with your family? are you expecting succeed the title? are you even interested in that sort of gig?

"My dear aunt and uncle have been nothing but gracious to me ever since they took me in, all those years ago," she says flippantly, hand poised in a flourish. "Iolite, as a house, has suffered greatly, you know. My parents were nothing more than a footnote in its tragedy, bless their souls. I am forever indebted to my relatives for forgiving past grievances to provide me with a home. My cousins, though... Complicated. Then again, what family isn't?"

"I think I'm definitely capable of succeeding the title, although not many people would really consider me as a viable candidate. A shame, really. They should."

She shakes her head, laughing softly in good humor. "Oh, it's cute that you think I'd be forced into doing anything. I'm a big girl, I'm more than capable of making my own decisions." Cesara's eyes narrow in warning. "You'd do well to not condescend to me again."

"I view the religion as more of a necessary tool," she says with a shrug.

"Speaking frankly, no, I'm not a devout araksavist. But I won't deny the overwhelming sway it has over the common Seimayan's heart, which is an advantage we Iolites cannot afford to ignore. The holy temple seems to know what they're doing, though. Someone has to keep our king in check."

hist.

hist.

scroll

โ™กcoded by uxieโ™ก

Teo
์šฐ๋ฆฌ๋Š” ์ง€์ผœ๋ณด๊ณ  ์žˆ์Šต๋‹ˆ๋‹ค
basics
given name โ€”
Mateo Boo.
nickname โ€”
if he isn't being harassed as 'Mattie' by his family, he's being pandered to as 'Teo' by the high and low of Seimaya. Who really needs their birth name anyway?
age โ€”
date of birth โ€”
september 2nd.
gender โ€”
cis-male.
sexuality โ€”
"Surely you have more interesting things to ask."

role โ€”
aventurine.

visage
eyes โ€”
umber. They have a rather tiresome habit of betraying what he feels, like it or not.
hair โ€”
dark as jet and tidy in temperament, needing only an occasional threading through from fingers to fix.
build โ€”
sleek and trim with very little bulk to speak of. Breadth is exclusive to his shoulders, wide enough to be considered mesomorph. His imposing height of 6'2" (~183cm) allows him to wade through crowds with ease; its sole benefit, he'd say.
body mods โ€”
triple silver studs in the left ear and an industrial on the right. Boa
tattoo
trailing from right wrist to shoulder and chest.
faceclaim โ€”
Lee Jae-Wook.

persona
Derisive to mild-mannered, unforgiving to amiable; Teo shares all the consistency of a devil's advocate and none of the restraint.

The heir is least at home where most of his relatives live most easily: caught in the grip of clan politics where silver-tongues and morality the shade of grey thrives. If there ever were a worst side to him, it can be seen here, where his words cut deep as ridged steel and abrasiveness becomes second nature. He's witnessed the betrayals, the backstabbing, the way words are shaped like blown glass to fit whatever mold the ignorant currently needโ€”none of it impresses.

So where might his best be?

Honestly, the Aventurines flaunt Teo so often that it may seem like he has no 'best' at all. Perhaps those parts of him belong to a curious, quiet boy of the past, before his family began to reach for society's peak. Or, perhaps, the truth of him can be seen when he's at his most free; times spent with the few he might call friends, or amidst the more wild-spirited denizens and dives of Seimaya, or even when (miraculously) he finds a brief opportunity to be alone. These fleeting moments allow glimpses at a sort of martyred mischief and a heart softer than it might seem.

Or so the rumors say.

likes โ€”
cold weather, sketching, mint, morning dew, cooking, people-watching, sass, fixing up absolute disasters.
dislikes โ€”
over-sweet anything, the heat, wasps, black licorice, being rushed, dull conversations, repeating himself.
fears โ€”
loss of purpose, ending up as a pawn for 'the family.'

ambition โ€”
Teo would hate it if his ambitions were told for free; he prefers a balance of give and take.
"Besides, is it ever any fun handing parts of you away?"

vices โ€”

- demanding
- perfectionistic
- iconoclast
- moody

virtues โ€”

- resourceful
- temperate
- open-minded
- insightful

interview

"Predictable, behavioral psychology, and I tried not to."

There was a pause from the interviewer, then an insistent gesture as if to say, "Care to elaborate?" Teo let one brow rise.

"Would you like to say 'please?'"

Next question it was, then.

These sorts of things always rounded back to family. It was no different for any of the other clans, he was sure, but dear lord did it grow dull quick.

"Oh, you know, 'every family has its troubles but we make it work' and all that."

Teo was less forthcoming when it came to discussion of succession. He shifted in his seat, considering his words carefully; best not to irk Ma while she was busy, and this week saw her in talks with the head of Iolite.

"If I may keep this brief: sure am. Whether or not I'm interested doesn't seem to matter, does it?"

we were all raised on araksavism, of course, but would you consider yourself particularly religious? how favorably do you view the holy temple?

"Honestly, I just find it odd that we so deeply idolize a thing which isn't fully understood."

Any further and he might veer into unintentional heresy. That wouldn't just anger mother, but most of the family.

An amusing thought.

"The temple has its uses, same as the academy. No need to place importance of one over the other, far as I'm concerned."

Of all the things he'd been unable to decide for himself, the acceptance of Lady Duyen's invitation was not of them. Teo's brother, sister, and a number of his cousins all petitioned to go in his stead. In the end, Ma hadn't forced him to accept at all. Maybe that was why he agreed to go.

Or maybe his family's grasp was so tight around his neck that it only took implication to coax him.

"...hm. I'll just say that I'm far more curious than nervous. I mean, a chosen member from each clan? Lady Duyen has something up her sleeve."

concept
somewhere pleasant,
sometime sweeter โ€”

"Are you even listening to me?"

Teo knew that to say 'no' would invite a slap, and yet the word teased at the tip of his tongue; of the many times her touch had seen his skin, it'd never done so with anything resembling malice. Did he want to find out what it felt like now? What better place than here, in the middle of the park where they first met, a place meant for clandestine meeting time and time again? He'd been told how a lover's quarrel might bring out a certain bitterness, but he never expected so much of it in her.

Or himself, for that matter.

"Two months, Mateo," Lena repeated. Hearing it nearly made him flinchโ€”these days, his name most often came as a whisper when they were sure to be alone, and never with such bite. "Not a word, not a letter, not a single reason why. Your family said you were busying yourself around town each time I came to visit. Imagine my surprise when I find you here, clearly busy as a fucking bee."

The bench he lounged on suddenly felt far less comfortable.
"If it makes you feel better, I have missed you."

She barked one of those light, airy, scornful little laughs of hers. Over two months without itโ€”what was he thinking?

"Missed me so much that you were going to... what, let me walk right by?"

"Well, I did consider wavinโ€”"

Then the slap came. She'd been standing well out of arm's reach before it happened, but damn did she close that distance fast, and damn did it sting well beyond his face. His head snapped to one side with the force of it, the shades once sitting loose upon the bridge of his nose falling in a clumsy clatter to his lap. Still, he did not move, arms knit tight across his chest, one leg draped lazily over the opposite knee. And still, he did not turn his eyes to her. Why bother looking when he knew accusation was waiting there?

"Want to tell me what the hell has gotten into you?"

Oh, did he. Instead, he met her demand with silence for a little too long.

"...no? Nothing?"

Nothing,
he did not say.

The fire had begun to leak from her voice; a poor sign, as fire was what he'd come to know her for if nothing else. He could have said somethingโ€”anythingโ€”which might douse the flame of their burning bridge, yet he remained silent and unmoved until he heard a scoff, then the resonant tap, tap, tap of fading footsteps. Only then did he look at her, and only then did he see a year's worth of quiet and unquiet nights, of tenderness and taunts exchanged, of an entire future promisedโ€”it was walking steadily away.

How?

How could he tell her that after a slip of the tongue from father, he discovered Lena first came to him on orders from mother, who promised her family wealth and secure ties to an oh-so-noble clan? How could he explain the onset of spite which led him into a petty, frigid silence, just to prove his future would not be chosen by a family claiming to know what's best for him? How could he tell her that it felt like the one thing with any sort of authenticity to it, turbulent as they'd been together, had been ripped right out of his hands?

With a slow exhale, Teo touched the side of his swiftly reddening jaw. If he'd proven anything today, it was that somewhere along the way, or at least by the end, Lena's obligation and his own ignorance had fostered something close to care. The irony of it had his mouth curling into an amused smile, thin and sharp as a scalpel, and he directed that smile at a journalist snapping his picture nearby.

At least the socialites would have something talk about tonight.

misc.

relationships โ€”
ideas
ma: head of house, altruistic at heart, loyal to most traditions, serves the family above all (except religion), controlling

"pa": househusband, tries his best to be supportive, big ol teddy bear, def does not wear the pants in the relationship

half-sis: social butterfly, hella smart, sarcastic af, doesn't take a single thing in life seriously, Mateo's debate partner

half-bro: relaxed, bold & brave, lazy but loyal, mild frat vibes, "haha where's my hug at?"

"bo-bo": mother's right hand man, Teo's close friend

other: childhood friend/acquaintance from the cast, a rival/enemy/frienemy

tidbits โ€”

- ambidextrous (until it comes to writing)
- known to stare ๐Ÿ‘๏ธ
- names come easily but faces are fuzzy
- voted most likely to say "told you so"
- jaw clenches when he's angry, which is rare
- head tilts to one side when he's curious, which is often
- has a ton of cousins

mbti/ennea โ€”

ni-fe-ti-se
type 154

Users who are viewing this thread

Back