• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Modern Day Renegade [IC]

CrowOuttaHell

Skull-Faced Writer
9b082c929293b9559d2e81777903495d.png

tumblr_p0vnpj8f641wxgflgo1_500.gif

Rainford City...is rather strange, compared to its neighbors. It appears normal, at first- it's a bustling city with busy people and cars at every turn. But Rainford is anything but- not after the underground events that started an entirely new class of citizenry.

It all started from the distribution of that drug- the drug called Essence. Taking in Essence enhanced a person's physical ability depending on the kind you took. At first, it was good...until it started being used for underground operations. The normal police force could not keep up with the Essence-enhanced underground, forcing them to partake in the drug.

Eventually, Essence was banned altogether, and those who were enhanced by it were called Renegades-
or, as they're known on the streets, Rens for short. Due to the common viewpoint on Essence being a "terrible" drug, it only took a little bit of time until Rainford started looking down on Renegades.

While the citizens of Rainford live peacefully by day, it is at night that the streets run red with trades done in blood- torn in the neverending struggle for power between two gangs trying to live.

Dusk falls onto Rainford, and the fight begins again.

LINKS:

CHARACTER THREAD/SIGN-UPS

OOC

INTEREST CHECK

Last edited:
Antillo's Jewellery - 6:46 AM

"Think of this, Harvey. We know nothing of that...thing."

"But leaving the job to Angry Bird Barlowe? You want him to hunt down this rogue Essence?"

Two men sat a table in a fairly inconspicuous office- one, wearing a nice enough suit and the other, wearing sunglasses. The suited man leaned forward.

"Not just he, Harvey. I want them to look for it."

"The Vultures, Antillo." Harvey shook his head. "You're insane, I'm giving you that. Getting the most notorious back-alley gang of Rainford to hunt Essence? They'd much rather take our heads and steal it."

"You're forgetting about what Barlowe did for us back then. Remember that rival store we had..."

"Barlowe, you sick fuck!" A man spat, raising his revolver. The other, dressed in a heavy coat and a bird-shaped half-mask, stood menacingly over him.

Bang! Bang! Bang!

Three shots rang out, causing the man in the coat to stumble back. Staggering, he simply readjusted his posture- though sloppily, as his hat fell off. The man with the revolver felt sweat pouring down his brow. "When I shoot you-- you go down!"

Bang! Bang! Bang!

Click!

The revolver now empty, Angry Bird Barlowe simply flashed a bloody grin. With no gun of his own, the man drew out a blade at his side. He had only won this weapon from an underground auction, but blades were more common than guns here in Rainford- so a birdman carrying a katana of all things wasn't too terrible a sight.

It was, for the man underneath him, though.

"Ahah, you're in trouble now...!"

"That settles it then," Harvey sighed. "Susan-- get us the phone."

Conclave: Office - 9:30 AM

Which...brought him to now.

"Barlowe, there's a rare strain of Essence going around. Nobody knows what its effects are, and nobody's ingested it, but every medical freak that's dissected it says it's miraculous. I thought you'd want to know this...since Lisa 'the Player' Harcourt apparently has a vial of the stuff. Nobody's caught her. I suspect the Sinclairs will be after this, too. You know how they are with the Essence trade."

Antillo's words rang in his head. The Boss sat back in the comfortable couch in the upstairs office in the internet cafe, thinking them over. He had called for the Vultures earlier, for the meeting. Usually, Lynn and her associate would already be here...

"Your kill?! That was mine!" "It's not my fault you're such a shitty player!"

...but he winced, hearing the insults from below. Though the internet cafe was a good cover, the gaming scene in Rainford was extremely competitive. He could only hope no bones would be broken down there.

Conclave: Main Area - 9:30 AM

"For fuck's sake..."

Lynn cursed under her breath, glancing at the baseball bat hidden behind the counter as the shouting match intensified. She'd have to step in soon- tournament days were always the perfect time to hold a meeting since everyone was preoccupied, but they were also the most competitive days. It was bad enough that she had rumors circulating about her during tournament days- and the ongoing shouting match was starting to grate on her nerves.

Not to mention, Boss "Angry Bird" Barlowe was in her office upstairs, expecting the rest of the Vultures. She should have been up there already..."If only these two quit yelling at each other over a virtual death--!"

With a huff, she made her way over, another thought running through her mind as she went in to break up the conflict.

"Where's Al when you need him?"

Gradous13 Gradous13 SCSaya06 SCSaya06

"So, Lisa 'the Player' has gotten her hands on a rare kind of Essence..."

Cornelius sat back comfortably in his chair. Pretty soon, the rest of the made men and women of the Sinclair Family would come flocking in. A rare kind of Essence, one with miraculous effects- something he had the utmost interest in.

If they managed to recreate that Essence, it would be a massive blow against the Vultures. After all, what was the use of the Essences that the Vultures held if the Sinclairs found, and replicated, the most rare one?

The very thought itself almost made the old man shake with anticipation. To calm his nerves, he simply reached for the glass of wine he had neglected to drink- directly after a maid had poured it for him, too.

"Barlowe," He chuckled, staring into the red waters. "You're gonna get what's comin' to ya."

CrowCall CrowCall Randomfella Randomfella Agent Agent

_0600hrs_

"...I know you tink, dat we are just your regulah guerrilla fightahs... but it we are not, we are like you, an it was your boss who set you up..." The man said, his deep West African accent echoing in the concrete room. The man crouched in front of a chained Otto and continued "...I don tink you undahstand why you are still alive... You see, I wan blood, de blood of your boss, he has hired us many times to do what we did to your comrades, but... he has also had people such as you slaughter my own...Go, an make it right, an if you nevah do you will die..."

Otto took in a sharp breath as the plane touched down, the landing had awoke him from his sleep. Walking through the airport and collecting his luggage, his mind was focused on two things, getting to a summoned meeting and also completing his mission, one of revenge, one of loathing. When Otto got in the car he reached under his seat and pulled a shoulder holster with an M9 Beretta subcompact seated in the leather. He took off his suit coat and put on the holster then replaced the jacket back on his person.The four-fifty-four big block roared to life and Otto left the parking garage and hit the highway as the sun rose from the horizon behind him. Guilt weighed down on him as he cruised down the highway back to Rainford, "Good, I'm right on schedule" Otto though to himself when he looked at the clock that was embedded in the dash board.

9th Street Apartments _0725_

Otto Pulled into his garage and sat in his car for a moment after shutting down the engine. "...I don care when you kill him, but know dis, if you are not committed to dis task, I will kill you, I will be watchin you..." Otto pushed the garage door button and made sure the door closed before heading inside. Having some extra time, Otto got cleaned up and made some food for himself before he would head out to the Conclave for the meeting...

Conclave _0915_

A hand rolled cigar protruded from his lips as he drove to the Conclave, Otto eventually felt the high from the strong thc level, which helped him stay focused. Looking at the clock again, Otto was satisfied with his timing. He parked the 79 Camaro and stepped out, locking the doors behind him. He would put out the cigar on the street with his polished shoes and walk into the Conclave. The Internet Cafe was busy and filled with a cacophony of loud gamers.

Otto walked briskly through the main floor and up to the office upstairs ignoring everyone. Knocking three time he walked in, his face expressed an underlying tone of "Im not back from my mission" as Otto turned on the television. His heart began to pound from Adrenalin and anger as he turned to a specific national channel and turned the volume up. The broad cast reported about a security contractor company called Agaion Enterprises and the war crimes allowed by its CEO Marcus Hamlick. Otto's shaking hand dove into his right pocket, his wide eyes fixated upon the older man who was walking down a large set of steps outside a court house, ignoring the many questions being asked by reporters. He pulled out a cheap phone from within the pocket and pushed several numbers, his thumb then rested on the call button as he watched the bastard who ordered the death of his comrades as well as himself. When Hamlick shut his door Otto pressed the send button and a split second later the car exploded with ferocity, sending flames and shrapnel in all directions, killing anyone who was in direct vicinity to the vehicle. Otto stood mighty, a wild, sinister grin stretched across his face, he was appeased by what he had just done, bringing justice to his fallen comrades.

Otto's demeanor returned back to it's usual state, cold and desensitized as he casually turned down the tv volume, letting the panicked screaming and sirens echo in his mind before turning the device off. He sat down on one of the couches as if what just happened was his daily routine. Like it was nothing.
"I'm back on the clock, Boss. We still waiting on the others I see."

CrowOuttaHell CrowOuttaHell

Last edited:
Down the dark and damp alleys leading to the Conclave, a shifty looking young man trudged along quietly. He kept his head low, walking as if he was heading into nowhere in particular, keeping an eye out of anything interesting happening around the alleyways.

A couple of girls and guys smoking by the dilapidated store suddenly put out their lights as he passed, probably mistaking him as a member of the faculty or administration. The young man chuckled at this; he really did look different wearing a suit. It was nothing too fancy; just some secondhand fare that managed to find its way into the secondhand shop in front of the cheap Chinese takeout he frequents. Nonetheless, it fulfilled the purpose. He was headed to a meeting today and though he wasn't exactly "in" on the whole deal yet, he wanted to look well, sharpish.

An old vendor sat solemnly in front of a rowdy verdant green building, carrying an array of gum, candies and cigarettes in a tray vaguely resembling a wooden medicine box with the multiple compartments. Possibly salvaged from some beat-up pharmacy that burned down sometime in the 80's. Or was it the 70's? The young man didn't really know. He just casually approached, taking out some change from his pockets. The rustling of the coins caught the attention of the old vendor, prompting him to look up at a familiar face with a smile.

"Allen! The usual I presume?"

"Sure Harry. Five pieces." Allen greeted back, handing the old vendor the silver pieces. The vendor nodded, verifying that he had the correct amount and dug out some mint pieces from his tray. He gave Allen a quick look over as he hands the lad his candy.

"What's going on boy? Got a job interview or something?"

"Not really. Just a meeting." Allen just shrugged, taking the sweets and dropping them in his pockets.

"Meeting? Here at the 'Clave? What's the world come to..."

"Well, what's wrong with it? It's a nice place, this building." Allen sighed, leaning his back on the wall, unwrapping one of his mints.

"With all the noise downstairs? What will you be meeting about? Who to send to China--Korea wherever?" The old man grunted, unwrapping a candy for his own. "These folk waste time playing silly games yet they win silly prizes while people like me--well, who's flying this time? That Ranford kid and his little kids gang?"

"I don't know. I'm not a gamer Harry. Do I look like one?"

Harry gives him a suspicious look. "You do."

Allen just sighed, tossing the crumpled up aluminium into the nearest waste bin. Harry just laughed. "Just messing with ya! I know you just look at the doors and them computers all day."

Allen just nodded. It was then that he noticed the folded newspaper sitting idly by Harry's unfinished cup of coffee, long gone cold from being left out too long. "What's that over there?"

"Hmm? It's me cup of Joe Al. Black like I normally take it."

"No Harry--" Allen reaches out and takes the paper, without any protests from the vendor it belonged to. The two knew each other well enough. "Antifa Labs got broken into? Stocks down?" Allen reads out the article.

"Hmm? What? Are you a trader or something?"

"Can't trade Harry. I'm underage and I have no idea what those digits mean. Just learned about it in class. Said they were working on some kind of wonder drug."

"Wonder drug? Why? Do you have mommy issues or something?"

"No Harry." Allen hands Harry back the paper. "Let's just say I know some things you don't and leave it at that. Anyway, thanks for the sweets. I'm going in."

"Hmph! I reckon you'll be out in an hour or two before long hehe!"

Inside the Conclave, things have gotten a bit heated up. A couple of guys were yelling profanities at each other, going on and on about some skills or items or whatnot. Some shit about lanes and stuff as well. Allen didn't really know. He did know however, that it's exchanges like these are what pushes the pretty redhead sitting by the counter a little on the edge. And when she gets angry well--Allen didn't even want to think about it.

"Oi! Shut up! Take it outside if you want to."

"Well, he started it!"

"Yeah and you went around yelling about it. Just sit your ass down and play." Allen sighed. "Quietly this time. Put your headphones on if you don't want to hear insults."

A few of the kids snickered at the exchange. Allen now turns to the kid who started the whole tirade. "What are you laughing at Joey? That time three dudes picked you up and hauled your ass over to the back? Get over yourself."

Having resolved the situation (somewhat), Allen turns to take a seat by the counter, right next to the redhead. "Sorry I'm late Lyn. Had to get me a new belt you know?"

Violet Mettere, 3am, the same morning

"Hurry it up, would ya?"
Violet spoke up, a small giggle escaping at the end of her tone, casually leaning on the wall, one leg on the floor with the other planted behind her, inspecting her nails with a fine file, her smile rising as one of the men turned around with some distaste. "We'd finish sooner if you helped." He snarled back as he continued to load the essence found in what would be better described as a den than a house.
His words caused the girl's eyes to shift up toward the small group, her grin now becoming clear, as if the entire job was a joke to her. "Not what I'm getting paid for." Vi stated in response with a wink, as if mocking him, causing a few grunts as they returned to the task at hand.

Not long later, the girl extended her hand out with a beaming smile, inspecting her handywork. That was when from the corner of her eye she noticed it, the butt of a shotgun poking out from the door between her and the others loading the boxes to go in the van. It was already beginning to turn in their direction, though whoever held it would need to poke out a bit more before they could get a good shot. Her mind began to race before even half of the weapon was revealed. Her arms moved instantly, reaching for a relatively large empty vial on the counter, doing her best to not catch any attention. By the time she had grabbed it the rugged man had revealed himself, preparing to take aim, still not having caught the attention of the goons he aimed to dispatch. In one fluid motion, Vi brought the vial crashing down toward his dome, a large *Bang!* being let off as his fingers scratched the trigger, leaving a large hole in the wooden floor below. A second noise, more of a *Thud* could be heard as he fell toward it. By now the men Violet had constantly called her "Help", to their annoyance, had fully turned to check out the noise. "The fuck was that!?" One of them asked in shock, looking toward the figure, and then to the girl, who simply rose her shoulders with a slight closed mouth grin, as if to coyly express she had no idea.

As they finished up with a loading, the group was less than eager to have a repeat of the drive over, but Vi wouldn't take no for an answer. It was her job to get the goods back, after all, and she wasn't eager in trusting some meathead to take over. A few threats about talking to their 'higher ups' was enough to get her way. Thankfully for them the ride back was smooth... Well, for her, at least, she wouldn't want any deductions for damaged supply after all.

9:30am​

Violet drove up toward the estate, slowing down as she arrived to the gates, both hands behind her head, with her right foot planted firmly on the wheel, her left touching the breaks. As a figure operating the entrance appeared, Violet let loose a large bubble from the gum she had been chewing, looking toward him in anticipation as it retracted back into her mouth.
Finally as she parked up, the girl moved toward the door in what was a weird mix of a skip and a run, her flared pants and hardly upper-class attire making her stick out like a sore-thumb as suited individuals entered the estate. When she moved toward it, however, doormen where all that met her, a clear sign that she wasn't about to get in for some time. "These things take forever..." She mumbled, kicking the ground with little force as she walked away.

Something would need to entertain her until she could get her next job, something she was eager to get started on as soon as possible. As she looked around, she noticed a figure, perhaps not someone she knew well, but one that seemed more interesting than the buffoons waiting outside, or at least so she had heard. She hardly waited to consider if he was waiting, or moving toward to join in the meeting, half-skipping once more toward Maeclod with some enthusiasm.

"So, Will, right?" Vi asked, eyes darting down from his shoes, up to his face, as if inspecting the man, a finger pointing toward his chest, her legs crossed as she stood. "Waiting for your marching orders, May-may? Or with that get-up you must be joinin' 'em." Violet let out a short lived chuckle at the end of her statement, the right side of her face moving up into a grin, her tone playful, yet there was some clear interest in her voice.

Agent Agent

10:05 Sinclair Residence

A cigarette butt hit the paved road just before the entrance way to the estate followed by a wave to the guard posted who let the woman in.
Reis checked her phone once more to make sure the message hadn't been forwarded to the wrong person.
Shaking her head a bit at the quick summons to see Cornelius on such short notice and to her of all people it had to be important.
The young woman moved up the steps passing by Will and Violet heading straight towards the Heads Office.
There was no time to catch up or see how things were although in hindsight she did wish that she had Violet drive her as they would have gotten here much quicker.

Reis knocked a few times to announce herself and then entered before dipping her head slightly as she took a chair and moved it to the right of Cornelius' desk.
She had always preferred being around the older man even if he may or may not enjoy the extra attention.

"I am here now Mr. Sinclair, are we waiting for the others before we start?"
she asked smoothly her eyes noticing his glass not full. The woman stood once more taking a second to steady herself before moving the cart the maid had left closer and taking the bottle of wine from the ice bucket and refilling his glass.

Reis wire a light smile amongst her frail face but quickly hid it as she steadied her hands and replaced the bottle.
She then tidily moved the cart back to its original position and sat down once more beside him.
She wasn't to close to the man to make him irritable but still the few feet of distance was not much compared o the rooms expanse.

"I am particularly surprised you called me in after all its been quiet for almost a month now ...Sir"
She added being as courteous as possible still hiding the smile she felt was beaming inside of her.
Agent Agent
Randomfella Randomfella

7:00AM
Quiet day, huh? Well, not for long. William had woken up to a dark morning, as he'd closed the door to his apartment bedroom and nailed a blanket over the blinds to stop the light from coming in. It only took him a long seven minutes to reopen the window and disable the simple sound trap he'd installed on the entrance door. But he didn't mind; his daily routine each morning had become a habit. Open the windows, brush teeth, eat food, disable the sound trap, dress up, and then rearm the trap. How he does that from outside, no one will ever know.
Why does he have a sound trap? Well, let's just say that it helps him live longer.

As he opened the front door, exposing him to the intense sunlight, he rifled through his pockets for something that wasn't there. Then it occurred to him. Oh right. Car's still at the dealership. And my keys, and my handgun. Oh well, guess he was gonna have to walk.
And he had the displeasure of passing by this one newspaper boy that harassed anyone within earshot. "Hey, Willy! Want to buy a paper?" The pessimism in one of William's eyes was an indicator of what was to come. "No, Harvey. How long does your memory last?" He responded, barely even looking at the kid. "I don't know, but do you want one or not?" See? Annoying kid. So the new, cunning plan had to be enacted to prolong his life. William walked away. "Seeya, kid." He said, quietly chuckling to himself. "Hey, where're you going?!"

9:20AM
Well, there it is. The Sinclair Estate. What an awful reminder of some certain people i've met. William thought as he stepped up towards the estate. I better not be late. Luckily for him, no one around the place seemed to be conducting any 'serious' business. Now got some time to burn. He took a stroll around the courtyard, looking around the exterior of the house, and whatever floral decorations Sinclair dotted the grass with to make his residence look fancier. But then some random girl skipped over to him, addressing him. "Why yes, what can I-" May-may. William's mind froze after hearing that. He squinted at Miss Whats-her-face, who was ignorant of his expression. "I'd like it if you didn't refer to me as that name, or any other ridiculous nickname you'd soon come up with. Anyways, about what you just asked me, i'm not exactly sure. Whatever works for me as long as I get whatever dues I need."

"Ooooh, touchy, you must fit in well here." Violet giggled teasingly, before relaxing her body, allowing it to flop uncontrollably toward the wall of the estate, finally relaxing her back on it with a soft thud. "Your dues, ay? So you're freelance? A man after my own work." She smiled up toward him, before looking straight forward, away from his gaze. "Not that anyone could compete." Her smile turned to a half-toothed grin, eyes still facing forward, as if she had completely forgotten she was in a conversation. It was only a split second until she let out a drawn out huff, eyes manoeuvring around at the individuals around the estate, body sinking. "Heh. As if it matters, anyone with half a brain ends up working with the big man, we're practically part of the family." She didn't sound, nor appear sad at the fact, but rather... Disappointed.

Looking back up toward Will, she smiled once more, letting out a slight chuckle at her previous words. "I just came to tell him I'd finish the thing... At the place... With the people..." Her words continued, eyes moving side to side as she explained it, before landing on the man once more, an all too repetitive smile following.

Agent Agent

"Oi! Shut up! Take it outside if you want to."

Lynn found herself relaxing slightly. Her associate had finally come around- Allen sure did come in handy in certain events. There was just something more intimidating about a scruffy guy in a suit than a redhead wearing headphones. Boss had left the guy under her, given that they were pretty much in the same setting almost half the time.

There was also the sound of the TV volume being turned way up, in the office upstairs. Just a few moments ago, Otto "Blue Eyes" Allester walked in, and Lynn knew Boss wasn't the kind of man that watched TV like that.

She could practically hear it coming. "CEO, Marcus Hamlick is now--", followed by a loud explosion. It was enough to shake a few of the gamers, but they continued to mind the virtual carnage on their computers. Probably thought it was some sort of explosion on another game. Still, she had to remind the old man to keep it down a bit.

Shoulders slackening, she just reached into her pocket and retrieved a lollipop. Her nimble fingers had already worked off the wrapper as Allen reached the counter.

"Sorry I'm late Lynn. Had to get me a new belt you know?"

"You're not exactly all that late. Only Boss and Blue Eyes are upstairs." She sighed, popping in the candy. After taking a small moment to relish the sweetness, she rubbed her neck.

"Seems like we're just waitin' for Rust- the kid Boss calls a pup--" Lynn's eyes lazily took in her associate's appearance. He was dressed pretty sharply- suit and all. Made him look like a Sinclair, almost-- if only it wasn't secondhand and if he didn't have that messy hair.

"--but Al- you're telling me you got a new belt, but not a new suit?" The corners of her lips turned upwards in a mischievous smile.

SCSaya06 SCSaya06 Taishou Taishou

"With the volume up that high, I wouldn't be surprised if those kids downstairs didn't think something really did blow up." Barlowe spoke after Otto turned the volume down.

The masked man simply leaned forward in his chair. Through the beak of his bird mask, anyone would think he sounded like an old man gasping for breath.

"Aye. There's the pup- then Princess and her associate. Knowing her though, she'd much rather have him hold the fort while she's up here." The Boss readjusted his hat.

"The hell were you doin' back there, anyway, Blue?"

Gradous13 Gradous13

"I am here now Mr. Sinclair, are we waiting for the others before we start?"

"I would've thought that was obvious, dear." Cornelius watched as the woman refilled his glass. Reis was pretty loyal- a little too loyal, but then again, he could've said the same about Salvador's dogs back then. As a maid came by, he waved her over.

"Be a dear and go call the others. And go find my son, as well." The maid, looking a bit uncomfortable, nodded and scampered away the moment Cornelius waved her off. With that settled, he looked back at the only other person in the meeting room as she spoke up.

"I am particularly surprised you called me in after all its been quiet for almost a month now ...Sir."

Cornelius shrugged. "I've called most of our allies. Barlowe's sure to have noticed that we haven't been moving for a while, and knowing that old bird, he'll definitely be suspicious. We'll have to start moving, soon."

Agent Agent VeiledPariah VeiledPariah Randomfella Randomfella

As Cornelius answered her first question Reis felt she had spoken to soon and rather obviously which made her berate herself internally.
This man to her was like a second father in her eyes and she hates to disappoint him.
As he spoke again the woman nodded affirming his words. Now it made sense that Violet and Maeclod were outside the estate when she arrived.
She sat patiently awaiting for the others to arrive.
"The vultures have had a reduced presence in and around the red light district as of late, I wouldn't be surprised if they are making moves into our territory"
She mentioned to the don as her mind reverted back to the week prior.

~One week Ago~ 0000 hours Red Light District.

Reis had just gotten off from a late shift at the cafe and was beginning her walk toward the bus stop. As she did the woman had to stop to catch her breath as sweat formed over her brow.
Once the attack had passed Reis sighed contently. She had pushed herself to hard this afternoon and would have to be more careful from now on.
The idea of quitting came to mind but the job was more about the geographical location than the money.
She was not strapped for cash as her family had left a lot of assets in her name.
She had however given a majority of that to the Sinclair's.

Lost in thought she was grabbed from behind and drug into the nearest alley by two men dropping her bag.
The two grunts were vultures that much was for sure as they held a blade to her throat and said things like dont scream and we wont hurt you.
Reis relaxed as the pair of assailant's argued that they shouldnt be here without any others around.
The other spat back that the district was easy prey and it was foolish to have everyone pulled out of the area.

As they spoke her hand slipped down to her skirt. Flitting it up she grabbed what looked like an Epi pen with blood red liquid inside and jammed it into her leg.
Just as the men realized what happened it was too late.
Reis' eyes fluttered from the essence driving its way into her system before grabbing the man holding her and throwing him to the ground.
A well placed punch broke his neck as the sickening thud bounced his head off the pavement.
The last man pulled a gun but Reis was on him before he could fire a shot to the heart bursting the organ before he could react. He dropped to his knees and then collapsed to the ground dead.

Reis eyed the two individuals briefly before grabbing her bag and getting on the bus that had just arrived. After the ride she made it home before the drug wore off and she passed out on the floor of her bathroom.
~Current time~
Reis snapped back to reality knowing now she had been right and whatever it was Cornelius was thinking of endeavouring towards that the bird would be doing the same.
"I understand Sir" is all she said assuring him she would do whatever was necessary.
Agent Agent
Randomfella Randomfella

"Well if they are all that we are waiting on, I guess Ill make myself comfortable." Otto replied to the what the Boss said.

As for the the thunderous boom that Barlowe now addressed. Otto got up and pulled out the phone and snapped it in half with his bare hands and tossed the remains in the trash bin before returning to the couch.

"Well, Boss, That was the hunting trip you allowed me to take... I think it best if I start from the beginning, I will keep it short though..." Otto said as relaxed, leaning back on the couch he pulled out another cigar and lit it with his zippo. "Aaah, yeah... so *ahem* when I was seventeen I left home and made a living, a decent one, by running drugs and guns from city to city between suppliers and buyers. Made a name for my self... Need a crate of AKs? Go see Blue, A kilo of coke? Give Blue a call." Otto readjusted his position before continuing. "I killed to survive and killed to deliver. I was never late without good reason. Anyways, I was at this bar and this guy comes up to me and offers a life much different that offered a shit ton right? So I think it over for a while and call him and I become trained as a Mercenary. Eventually I got into a unit and we called ourselves Deicide. That all happened when I was in my very early twenties" Otto ashed the cigar in a tray on the table in front of him before smoking a bit more. "Well The man who brought me to this life, he was like a father to me, Marcus Hamlick... the man knew how to run a company extremely efficiently. My unit had become the top pick for a lot of people and that fact made other security contractors, companies and PMCs to target Agaion Enterprises, Hamlick's company as well as lower income for Agaion itself." Otto finished the cigar and put it out in the ash tray. "So he set us up on a mission, a false mission that got all my brothers killed and I survived, captured, tortured, and set free....Under one condition, I kill Hamlick for ravaging the countries his units had been operating in." Otto stood up and walked in front of the television and tucked his hands into his suit pockets. "Well I wanted the bastard dead anyways, The men he betrayed are the only people I gave two shits about so yeah, it would only make sense to kill him. I took the past year to get back in touch with old contacts. I obtained my parts from different countries from a region in north east Africa and the Middle East so it would be untraceable to me..." Otto looked directly at Barlowe, not for intimidation or don't fuck with me purposes, but Otto was very serious when it came to his past "...and I blew him up." Otto said, his tone sinister and cold. Anyone could tell that just saying those last words exhilarated Otto. "Those who betray me die, anyone I betray has the right to kill me. It's that simple. As for me, I gave you my word to take your orders, and I have, and will continue doing so. I'm no longer a merc, that's behind me, I have all the money I could ever need and yet you pay me well and fair. Therefor no amounts of money can buy me. Im in it for the fun and games now"

(Sorry if this isn't the greatest, I got allergies goin on, so fml XD)

William sighed, listening to this person talk excitedly, waiting for them to pause. "Sounds like i'll have my work cut out for me, then." He says with only a slight bit of interest. He stares around the yard, hoping that the woman would stop sticking near him, but noooo, William just had to be an unsocial person, huh? No cigarettes to calm him down, not that he actually smoked, but y'know... "D-" Actually, you know what? If I have to stick with people who enjoy idle conversation, I guess... I better get... used to it. "Hm, interesting. What's your name, ma'am? I see you know me, but the only name I got is Sinclair."

People usually introduce themselves first, right? Yes hello, my name is William and I sell essence while occasionally strangling dangerous people. He barely chucked at his thought, while still giving Miss whats-her-face an impertinent look with one of his eyes.

Randomfella Randomfella

Vi stared toward Will, grin still plastered on her face, only to widen at his first response in amusement. As he continued, her grin turned to more of an open mouth of surprise, if only for a split second before returning to a smile as she began to giggle, body vibrating on the wall along with her chuckles. "Hehe, you really are green, ain't ya?" She replied in a high, upbeat tone, before stepping up onto her feet, moving her body to face toward the estate. "Sinclair is the boss of the goons you see out here, and even the hoity-toity ones going inside." She stated gleefully, motioning the area around them with her arm, before pointing to the doors of the building, yet not for long, as she jump-turned back around toward Maeclod. "Well, ours too, I guess you could say, but you and I aren't the type to be tied down, ay?" She began with a shrug of the shoulders, her tone somewhat unamused by the fact, her face showing little emotion. As her sentence continued however, her voice grew enthusiastic, a small smile forming, and finally finishing with a small nudge at William's jacket, her eyebrows rising and falling a couple of time as she looked toward him.

Crossing her arms and facing to the side, her jaw moved with some vigor, after a short second a small bubble blew out, before retracting once more. "Guess there's his family too, though he doesn't seem the type to share power, know what I mean?" She commented, slightly more slyly than her usual enthusiasm entailed, her eyes moving to the side to look at Will as she finished, her body still to the side. Soon after, she spun back toward the man with haste, her sly smile turning to a full grin, finally remembering his actual question. "Violet Mettere, but you can call me Vi. Don't worry if you've never heard the family name before, everyone will have soon enough." As she finished, Vi made her best attempt to stand up straight and proper, sticking out her hand toward Will, making it limp with the back facing toward him, finding it difficult to hide a small bit of laughter behind her cheeky half-grin. Whatever she was doing, it was obvious she was putting it on, Vi might have said it was to test him, though mostly it was for her own amusement.

Agent Agent

Users who are viewing this thread

Back