• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Mobile Site

Emmettson

I have not figured out when it does and does not work, but sometimes the text box on the mobile site will not show up. The "create thread" or "post reply" button is there, but not the text box, so I cannot type anything. Maybe I am doing something wrong? Hopefully this is a glitch someone can address.

Can you take screen shots from your phone to better describe the issue you are having?

Edit - And are you accessing the site through a normal browser like Chrome, IE, or Firefox, or are you accessing the site through an app like Tapatalk?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am using Safari on my iPhone 4S. The first image is what it looks like when I want to reply to this thread, and the second is what happens when I click Post Reply.

SP1DzoX.jpg

gUIFWuq.jpg

Also, I cannot reply to conversations from mobile, but I can reply to topics in the Roleplays forums.

Hmmm, that is rather peculiar. And you have you all ready tried tapping on the part outside of the buttons? Sometimes the mobile formatting gets a little cozy, so it may actually be there, but it's just very small (and will expand when the cursor is placed).

Don't know if you got it figured out, but also try landscape mode? Some browsers and phones shrink the oddest things in portrait mode.

Emmettson said:
I have not figured out when it does and does not work, but sometimes the text box on the mobile site will not show up. The "create thread" or "post reply" button is there, but not the text box, so I cannot type anything. Maybe I am doing something wrong? Hopefully this is a glitch someone can address.

I'm experiencing the same issue, only -- I am unable to reply to comments on my profile. Maybe, I'm doing something wrong, or simply because you can't reply?

I'm not sure.

CharlieTheUnicorn said:

I'm experiencing the same issue, only -- I am unable to reply to comments on my profile. Maybe, I'm doing something wrong, or simply because you can't reply?

I'm not sure.

New users are not allowed to make profile posts on other user's profiles until they surpass the new user restrictions. You should be able to post on your own profile however. If you take a screen shot to better describe what you are experiencing I can try to help you more. As I said before, see if there is an area that could surround the reply buttons and try to access it, or use the rotation suggestion.

Musician said:
New users are not allowed to make profile posts on other user's profiles until they surpass the new user restrictions. You should be able to post on your own profile however. If you take a screen shot to better describe what you are experiencing I can try to help you more. As I said before, see if there is an area that could surround the reply buttons and try to access it, or use the rotation suggestion.

Thank you, hun.

I suppose I have to wait, then.

Hey, sorry to hijack another thread, but I was browsing the site on my iPad using Safari and came across the same issue! Even if I tap "More Options", the field to enter text just doesn't exist.

I can access the site via Safari on my phone with no issues. (Phone is a 5S on iOS 8.1.2)

I also just tested it using Safari on my iPad, which is running some version of iOS6 (yeah, yeah, I know...) and it worked fine.

I'm not discounting that the behavior is happening; but it sounds like it might be a very specific combination of factors causing the issue.

I have noted that when I use Swype on my iPhone, occasionally the focus gets a little wonky on the mobile site. I'll be typing a post, but it will scroll down so I can't see it. I have to reload the page to reset it. My point is - are you using any custom keyboards that might be causing an issue?

Erica said:
are you using any custom keyboards that might be causing an issue?

-looks at ZagPortfolio bluetooth keyboard- -kicks it under the bed- N-no, of course not....

Logging on the school computer since this still doesn't work with my iPad

http://s26.postimg.org/k2ugjvr0o/image.jpg

http://s26.postimg.org/db41h1214/image.jpg

http://s26.postimg.org/n754go7t4/image.jpg

There's supposed to be a fourth screenshot that shows the quick-post box in landscape mode but it didn't upload properly. But, it looks identical to the first image... just in landscape mode.

My bluetooth keyboard was turned off for this, and I think it's worth noting at the sticky header on the site doesn't work on the iPad's version of Safari. I don't know where to find out which version of Safari I'm using.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back