• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Info Mobile Application questions (to whom it may concern!)

FaithWynters

The Cuppycakecreep
Supporter
Hey guys! ^.^

I (think) this is what my questions should go under, if its not, I can change it later. These are NOT bug questions, so I couldn't really find where to put this. If these questions have been answered already, I couldn't find it, and if you could link it to me, that would be great.

Just as a little background info. I'm a computer science major in my junior year. My focus is in software development so the new mobile app has interested me greatly and I had a few questions about it. I've been working with mobile application development (android mainly) for a little over a year, and I really dig it.

Now I completely understand if some of these questions can't be answered, but since an application that services such a large user base, I would LOVE any information that you can provide me with.

I currently have the android application downloaded: Samsung Galaxy S6 with version 7.0 installed.

+Did you guys cross platform develop, or is there a separate application for ios and android (Swift/java or something of the likes)
+Did you guys use any extra APIs to make layout development a little easier? (If so, what kinds of API did you look into?)
+Are you using a RESTful API to send data back and forth or some other solution? What have you found that works?
+Are you using some sort of image downloading api (like glide, etc.)

+How many folks did you have working on development?
+Are you using a version control resource like github, and, if so, I'm assuming its a private repository and I wouldn't be able to just take a look?

+It appears that the activity reloads on my application when the orientation changes, do you reinitialize the activity each time, or do you just have the loading

I know its in a sorta soft stage where you're bug fixing and doing things like that, so I guess I'll leave it there.

Thank you so so much for taking the time to read through my questions. As I said before, I understand if some of these questions you aren't interested in answering to a user, but it was worth a shot!

I'm excited to hear what you guys have to say :3

Hey guys! ^.^

I (think) this is what my questions should go under, if its not, I can change it later. These are NOT bug questions, so I couldn't really find where to put this. If these questions have been answered already, I couldn't find it, and if you could link it to me, that would be great.

Just as a little background info. I'm a computer science major in my junior year. My focus is in software development so the new mobile app has interested me greatly and I had a few questions about it. I've been working with mobile application development (android mainly) for a little over a year, and I really dig it.

Now I completely understand if some of these questions can't be answered, but since an application that services such a large user base, I would LOVE any information that you can provide me with.

I currently have the android application downloaded: Samsung Galaxy S6 with version 7.0 installed.

+Did you guys cross platform develop, or is there a separate application for ios and android (Swift/java or something of the likes)
+Did you guys use any extra APIs to make layout development a little easier? (If so, what kinds of API did you look into?)
+Are you using a RESTful API to send data back and forth or some other solution? What have you found that works?
+Are you using some sort of image downloading api (like glide, etc.)

+Are you using a version control resource like github, and, if so, I'm assuming its a private repository and I wouldn't be able to just take a look?

+It appears that the activity reloads on my application when the orientation changes, do you reinitialize the activity each time, or do you just have the loading

I know its in a sorta soft stage where you're bug fixing and doing things like that, so I guess I'll leave it there.

Thank you so so much for taking the time to read through my questions. As I said before, I understand if some of these questions you aren't interested in answering to a user, but it was worth a shot!

I'm excited to hear what you guys have to say :3

I've passed this onto the developer who will answer as soon as he gets a chance :)

Hey,

This is sort of an unusual request but I am happy to answer it for you.

There is a separate application for iOS and Android. We did not wanted to compromise on the quality of the product so we decided to build a separate version. iOS is written in Swift 3.1 and Android uses Java for now.

Did you guys use any extra APIs to make layout development a little easier? (If so, what kinds of API did you look into?)
No we didn't use any APIs for layout development. We sketched out the design first, translated it into a Sketch prototype and used all the native APIs to develop the layouts.

We are using an API which is installed on the server to send data back and forth.

Are you using some sort of image downloading api (like glide, etc.)
We are using Glide for downloading and caching images locally on the device.

We a 2 member team.

Yes we are using git for version control and yes it's a private repository.

This is something we can change in the Manifest file when we perform optimizations in the future.

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions! I know it was an odd request; I guess I just get curious about odd things. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back