• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern mixtapes and mistakes | campus life

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
shea & colleen​
stats: living their best fucking lives
tags: uh everybody so lmao
Mr. Clemmings especially hated when Shea and Colleen worked morning radio. Oh, how he hated it. Shea, personally, found great pleasure in this. As could often be assumed by the excitement in her voice as she turned on the mic. “Two queers chilling in a dj booth right next to each other because they’re definitely queers.” There was a great deal of pride in her voice as she said it, and a snort as her co host let out the traditional “suck it, Clemmings” next to her. Morning shifts were always hilarious, but hey, all shifts were hilarious. Two best friends living their best life while doing their own radio show? Icons is what Shea called them.

“Good Morning Pembroke, and welcome to Cracking Open a Cold One with the Gays. It’s a going to be a sunny 75 today, how’s that for a first day back at school?”

"Perfect," Colleen smirked, snickering to herself while casting glances at the professor hovering just beyond the glass separating the radio room from the halls of the university. You'd think that after such a long time overseeing their show in the morning, the man would have gotten used to- or at least been worn down by the unrelenting nature of the two women who proudly boasted the unofficial (and self-given) title of 'most bombastic show in Pembroke history', but alas. The man kept at it with his judgmental stares and disparaging gazes, one of which he was giving to the girls now.

She shook her head, and turned her attention to the mic. "A perfect day to welcome our new students! Welcome freshman and returning classpeeps to Pembroke University! Home of the Pembroke Phoenixes and similarly the only place in the United States where arson is allowed on special occasions! Today we got a full roster for all of you, starting with move-in day and orientation for the new blood of the school- note, if you have any trouble locating your dorms or where orientation is being held at, go to the main hall and speak with Miss Webb, she'll help you out. Moving on, after orientation you'll probably be attending your first classes of the day if you've already signed up for them, and after that is basically whatever you want! Explore the campus, meet some friends, do you and whatever. But make sure to come back to the quad tonight for Pembroke's on Phoenix Bonfire Bonanza - and bring something memorable to throw into the bonfire, it's school tradition. Later on this week, a party will be held for all to attend on the football field, hosted by Coach Wilson! That's it for the announcements kids, have a fun day, don't do stupid shit or else you'll wind up on the school Facebook page for a like month, an etc. Now, to get into the real shit."

“You forgot to mention it’s also the first football game of the season this Friday. Geeze, Col, wouldn’t want these kids to miss their precious sports.” There e was another laugh from her before she pulled the mic a little closer and spoke chipperly. “Alright, question of the morning: what’s your most common thought when in class? I mean it. Give me the gritty details. Mine is: if I fall down these stairs and break my arm will the teacher be obligated to pass me? Tweet one of us with your answers for a chance to get on air!” With that, Shea fell back against her seat and hit the music. “I love morning shift.”

SORA. ❀
breakdown? in her car? more likely than you think
Sora wasn’t really ready for a new school year. In fact, she dreaded it. She had always liked school, she liked being around people. There was something about Pembroke that she liked especially. Maybe the people. Maybe the gardens. Maybe it had been Bane.

No, it had definitely been Bane. Sure, she had a lot of friends who liked her for her and not for her money — no one at Pembroke even knew she was rich. Sure, she had a lot of people to laugh with. Things were good. Things were happy. Not without him, though. Bane made everything feel better.

Yeah, she surrounded herself with new people to replace him, but could anyone really? No. No one could replace the way his fingers felt on her skin, the way his lips tasted when she kissed them, or the way her heart raced when she saw him. No one could replace the way he made her feel and even if they could she didn’t think she wanted them to.

The sun was bright, but not as bright as it used to be. The breeze was nice, but not like before. Not like it was with him. Flowers weren’t as bright, and grass wasn’t as green. In fact, everything was pretty dark when she walked out of the dormitories and saw him with another girl. She’d heard rumors that he was with other girls, but it was different when she saw him with another girl. Her hands started to shake and she nearly dropped her keys. She could have walked back in and stayed in her dorm all day, but instead she headed for the parking lot.

From the driver’s seat she fired off a tweet before her car was on the move. Where was she going? She had no idea until she was sitting in a salon chair getting her color changed. Popping into the school’s instant messenger made her feel better, Heath always knew what to say.

New hair, new her. That’s what she told herself. New her without Bane. New her without the pain of being without him.

Until she saw the Pembroke Secrets notification and the shake in her hands was back. She didn’t know who ran the blog, or where they got off saying the things they said, but she couldn’t stop shaking. One more tweet before she turned her phone off and sobbed in her car. There wasn’t any denying it, and she didn’t care so much that people knew, but the fact that it was out there like that made her skin crawl.

She drove back to school slowly, but even when she got there she didn’t get out of her car. She was crying too much.
➣ location: in her car
➣ mentions: vaguely a few people but mostly bane
➣ tags: bixby bixby
➣ apparel: x

Last edited by a moderator:
BANE DECLAN​

Bane walked into the coffee shop and let the door swing close behind him. He paused and looked behind him out the window, checking on his motorcycle one more time. He loved that thing with all his heart, despite it being a piece of junk. He knew it would probably get stolen one day. He'd stolen it from someone else, and karma always has its way. He shook away the thought and continued through the shop.

He took out one of his earbuds and Led Zeppelin's "Good Times Bad Times" was partially drowned out by the soft drum of coffee shop tunes. He put the earbud back in. He couldn't stand acoustic music.

Bane started over to order, but changed his mind. The girl at the counter looked familiar. He'd probably slept with her at some point, but he couldn't remember, so he decided to just order online and pick it up in the store. Less talking, less work.

One black coffee for him, and one latte for Sienna. He didn't know what she wanted and he didn't feel like asking. He wasn't sure where she was, but they were supposed to meet. To be honest, he didn't even know her that well, but he was still on the rebound trying to replace Sora. So far, he had been overwhelmingly unsuccessful, but he didn't let it show. A different girl every night, and yet he still hadn't found one that made him feel the way she did.

Bane sat down in a high top table against a window and ordered the coffee on his phone. He put the phone back in his jacket pocket, crossed his arms, and laid his head down on the table with his face angled towards the window. The sunlight struck his face and he squinted and gazed out the window. All he could see was flowers and trees. Sora would love this, he thought. Stop. Stop thinking about her. You're over.

But he couldn't. He tried, and he couldn't. He buried his face in his arms again.

His jacket smelled like flowers.
with: no one
tags: caramel caramel @aeonian
outfit: here
where: coffee shop

Class: N/A
Outfit: "Grunge in Plaid"
Mood: "Nine in the Afternoon"
Mentions: Wiley
Tags: irusu irusu
It was one of those last minute decisions that would drive his Father crazy, which may have explained why it felt so good to do it. It would explain the skip in his step as he made his way from his dorm room to commons. He even made the time to check out the alleged school blog that had a habit of dumping everyone's purse out in the open. He'd made the time tmention the girl in his tweets, even extending a hand of help to her. If the allegations were true, she'd want to either lawyer up or not even bother unpacking her things.

Speaking of lawyers, Mick was happy not to become one. Ever. His father always looked constipated due to his work as a litigator. And he was going bald! Who could blame poor Mick for not wanting to lose his thicker than a snicker hairdo? But, at the end of the day, he could only thank one person

He smoothly slid past a group of sorority sisters who looked back at him with equally sour, caked faces as he did a ditty before them. His response was sticking out his tongue, which was electric blue from the raspberry edible that was stuck on the inside of his cheek. The bag of tacos in his right hand would get to its destination as soon as he found out where the girl was with his phone, in his left hand. He had a date today with the girl who'd asked him the most important question in his life so far:

"Is he your dad or your husband?"

Last edited:
OZZY HUNTER

Ozzy looked up from the ground, the pavement rushing by as his skateboard rolled down the street. He could see the diner in the distance and his mouth watered at the thought of a juicy burger. As he skated into the parking lot and approached the door, he put one foot into the ground and kicked his board into his hand. The door jingled as he opened it and he could smell all the fatty, oily foods that would inevitably give him a heart attack. Worth it.

He dug his hand into his pocket to salvage his last few dollars. His stomach growled as he imagined the burger, fries, and chocolate milkshake that would soon be on a plate in front of him. All he found was a few coins, an empty gum wrapper, and a lighter. With a sigh, he approached the counter, where he could make out Lola talking to a customer.

"Lola Grey, my queen, my goddess," he fawned, silently praying that she would sleep him a meal. He usually didn't have much luck, but he figured he'd try again. "My favorite person alive. I have to tell you a tragic story. Yes, we have a Code M - and by that I mean munchies. I mean I have the munchies. But here's the tragic part - I am poor."

He smiled the biggest, purest smile he could muster up and tried to read her face. He didn't expect her to acquiesce, but you never know. It could be his lucky day. He knew he needed a job - his friends told him all the time. But Ozzy is - what one may call - a burnout, spending most of his time alone in his apartment smoking weed and fiending off his friends for money and other necessities. It worked for the time being, but he knew it wouldn't work forever. But then again, Ozzy never was one to think much about the future.
with: lola
tags: vixe vixe
where: diner

Lola
Smelly old diner but with some good company
Classes started in the afternoon for Lola. She had her creative writing class right after she got out of work. She often couldn't change before her class so she came in smelling like grease and French fries. After Lola's creative writing class she had her intermediate painters class and that was her favorite class but she had to be stuck in this smelly old diner where old men often would talk to her breasts instead of her. Lola didn’t have the balls to tell them to look up at her face and let’s face it she was to nice to, even if she hated feeling their eyes on her.

“Will that be all for you today, sir?” She asked the old creep in a chipper tone. He looked her up and down and then said, “No, that’ll be all darling.” He gave her a sickly sweet smile that made her skin crawl. “Okay, great. Have a great rest of your day, sir!” She smiles at him and nods her head slightly then walks away from him. Lola waited until the Man was completely out of the building to let her body relax. “What a creep” she sighed.

Thankfully, Ozzy didn’t give her the time to feel gross anymore. She looked up from where she was talking to a customer over to where Ozzy was walking over to her. She didn’t even have time to say anything before he was trying to persuade her into giving him free food. She definitely wasn’t supposed to and she didn’t want to lose her job so most of the time she didn’t. Lola felt bad every time she had to say no because she felt for Ozzy. He was just this poor kid really just trying his best to get by.

"Lola Grey, my queen, my goddess," Lola giggled at Ozzy while placing a Diet Coke in front of a customer.

“My favorite person alive. I have to tell you a tragic story. Yes, we have a Code M - and by that I mean munchies. I mean I have the munchies. But here's the tragic part - I am poor."

“Ozzy, my love, My king,” She mocked him with a giggle. “ You know I'd Love to help you, with all of my heart I would but,” she sighs, “I really need this job and I’d love to keep it just a bit longer. My commissions have been a bit slow for a while now and I need the extra cash!” Lola shook her yellow curls and sighed once more. “Fine, Fine! You can have my lunch order. Order anything you want. It’s on me.” She smiles and pats Ozzy on the head then hands Ozzy a menu.

➣ location: Diner
➣ mentions: Ozzy
➣ coded by: @aeonian

axel baldwin

......... axel baldwin
......... his apartment
....... poppy, echo
.......... outfit
.........@aeonian vixe vixe

@baldwin

Baldwin opened his eyes slowly and turned his head away from the window facing his bed. He felt the groggy aftermath of a hangover creeping through his body and the sunlight seemed to burn his corneas. With a soft groan, he slipped the pillow from beneath his head and buried his face in it. As he did so, he felt his elbow softly bump another body next to him.

"Echo?" He mumbled, slowly pulling the pillow from over his face. Before he could turn his head to see the girl next to him, he heard his phone ding with a text alert. He lazily draped his arm across the bed to grab it from the nightstand and lowered it to his face to read it. He had to strain his eyes to focus on the screen.

MESSAGES..................................................1m ago
echo ♡
omw baby. see u in 5

"Fuck," he groaned. He quickly rolled over and shook the girl next to him, trying to get her awake. Suddenly, it all came flooding back to him. The girl in his bed wasn't just some "hit it and quit it" like the others - her name was Poppy, and she thought they were serious. It wasn't like Baldwin to lead anyone on like that - he was typically straightforward with the fact that he wasn't looking for anything too serious (especially considering that he was already serious with Echo), but, she was hot, and that was enough for him. "Hey, get up. Get up. Now."

Baldwin jolted out of bed and grabbed the first piece of clothing he saw to dress himself. It was probably the outfit from the night before; he couldn't remember. Next to his clothes was a pile of women's clothes that he assumed were Poppy's. He bent down and grabbed them and threw them at her on the bed.

"What? What's happening?" The girl asked. She was obviously tired and very confused.

"You just... you need to leave. Everything is fine, I promise baby," He muttered, frantically gathering the box of condoms from the floor and stuffing them back into his nightstand. He finally calmed down and walked over to her, kissing her gently on the forehead and handing her the one shoe he found on the floor. The other one was nowhere to be seen. He made up something as fast as he could. "I have someone coming over to interview to be my roommate, and this just looks bad. You understand, right? Of course you do. That's why I love you."

Baldwin waited for Poppy to dress herself before grabbing her hand and walking her through his bedroom into the living room and finally to the front door, which he desperately unlocked and opened, ushering her out.

"I'll see you sometime," Baldwin poked his head out of the doorway and surveyed the hallway to make sure no one - namely Echo - was approaching. The coast seemed to be clear. "Sometime soon."

Once she was out, he shut it behind her and leaned against the door, letting his head fall forward and collide with the surface. He knew Echo would be there soon. His timing was impeccable - if he had woken up only moments later, he would have been caught dead in his tracks, without a doubt.

It wouldn't be the first time, and it probably wouldn't be the last.

★·.·´¯`·.·★ SKYLAR ★·.·´¯`·.·★

These were the thoughts that Skylar often had while zoning out. She stood in front of the kitchen sink, allowing the warm sunlight to filter through the window above it and engulf her body. The light was too bright for her eyes, but she didn't care-- she closed them. For a moment she stood in pure bliss, feeling nothing and everything all at once, before the shrill screech of her kitchen timer broke her from her daydream and let her know that it was time to get back to work. Hands enveloped in thick oven gloves, she slid the tray of cupcakes from the oven with a triumphant flourish.
When Skylar couldn't sleep, she baked. Which was probably why almost every morning, she had a fresh batch of cakes or cookies or bread rolls. Baking kept her hands and her mind busy, it allowed her to get lost, it allowed her to create wonderful things. After she'd showered, she'd ice the cakes, she decided.
Fast forward about an hour and she was doing just that. Pretty peaks of snow white icing adorned the cakes, before Skylar rolled them in sprinkles for good measure. She'd met plenty of people who didn't think that sprinkles were professional, to which she always replied that they simply weren't putting enough on. Besides, Skylar could (and had, once) eat an entire package in one sitting. The icing was left to set as she pulled on her clothes, white top, blue jeans. Simple. Everything could be simple. That was how Skylar wanted it to be.
And she paused, took a breath, and everything was quiet.
Growing up, everything had been loud. Her family was a big one. When her auntie had married a man with a family whose size rivalled theirs, it'd been chaos. Skylar, little and quiet, had faded into the background. It'd all started out as experiments-- if she didn't go to dinner, would anyone notice? How long could she stay out before her parents texted?
Things could be different now. She wasn't Skylar Kennedy: so-and-so's daughter/sister/cousin. She was Skylar Kennedy: student.
It was time to go out. Although she didn't have classes til the afternoon, Skylar wanted to go outside already. It looked like nice weather. Plus, she'd suddenly kill for an iced coffee. Maybe not kill, but... flick somebody's shoulder quite hard. The cupcakes were packed neatly into a tupperware box which was in turn slipped into her back, and she was off. By the time she reached the coffee shop, she was lost in her own little world, not that that was particularly unusual. In fact, if she'd been alert, that would have been strange; Skylar seemed to spend her days in a perpetual daydream. She ordered her coffee, and when it was made, paid with a five dollar bill and didn't take her change. She didn't really need it and she'd rather drink her coffee than wait around for it.
Skylar lost track of how many sugars went into the drink, but all she knew was that she'd ripped open enough little packets to elicit a judgemental tut from a middle aged woman sat nearby. Her face flushed and she quickly swept up the slivers of paper, wedging them in her pocket where nobody would be able to see. The lid went back on her coffee and she found a quiet table, alone, to drink her coffee. Her bag rested on her lap, the weight comforting her. This was nice. This was peace.
And that was a very sweet coffee.

tags:

Last edited:

abella janie

.........abella janie
......... coffee shop
....... sky
.......... outfit
........ teenage witch teenage witch

@abella_j

Abella untied her apron and draped it over one of the hooks on the wall behind the counter of the coffee shop. Her eyes felt heavy and her shoulders were shaky from exhaustion. She'd been at Pembroke for a few months, but hadn't gotten a job until several weeks later. She was only four days fresh out of her "training period" and the exhaustion started to kick in. She definitely wasn't well-adjusted to the 5 AM shifts yet. Nonetheless, she loved her job - especially the smell and all the different people she got to meet every day. Even despite the early morning shifts, she somehow managed to wake up with a bright smile and pep in her step every morning.

She slipped her phone out of her back pocket as she walked from behind the counter and into the smaller kitchen area. The enclosure smelled like coffee and cinnamon, two of Abella's favorite scents. She walked through the kitchen and exited the building into the back alley, pondering if she should step out for her lunch break or just pick something up for free from the shop.

Her phone read with several notifications.

PHONE..........................................................6m ago
Mommy
2 Missed Calls

MESSAGES..................................................10m ago
Mommy
Abella Call me! You're worrying me!

MESSAGES..................................................26m ago
Mommy
Hello? Is everything okay?

MESSAGES..................................................49m ago
Mommy
Good morning! How is everything going?

Abella quickly unlocked her phone and called her mom back. Most girls her age would have found the overbearingness and worrying annoying, but Abella found it to be quite endearing. Her mother was her best friend, and always had been. Her father, too, but her bond with her mother was nowhere close to that of her father - or anyone else, for that matter.

Abella Janie was adopted from Brazil as a newborn by two "hippies" who were ready to give all the love that they had to offer to their little girl. Even though they were able to conceive on their own, it had always been a dream of them both to one day adopt a child in need, which is exactly what they did. Although the couple encouraged individuality and freedom, they strongly opposed Abella ever pursuing her birth parents. She never really had the desire to do so, anyways. She had everything a girl could ask for in her comfortable little suburban family. Her parents were the most loving and supportive people in her life. Even as a child, she never lied or kept things from them - they truly were her best friends, but she was very sheltered as a child, as her parents only wanted to protect her from the evils of the world. With that being said, it came as quite a shocker to the couple when Abella proudly announced that she would be moving out of state to attend Pembroke University, which was practically across the country. They were supportive, but terrified - and, after all, she was 18 and they could no longer hold her hand at every turn.

"Hey mama! I'm at work!" She announced to her mother, who had answered the phone immediately. It was clear that she had been waiting for Abella's call.

"Oh, thank goodness. I was worried, dear. You know how I feel about you being out there and living alone. Especially with those... college boys. What do they call them? 'Frat' boys? Stay away from those ones." Abella couldn't help but smile at the sound of her mother's soft, gentle voice. It sounded like home. Her mother paused, and then continued. "How is work?"

"I will, mama. And it's great, I love it. I love my classes, too. Everything is just too perfect here."

"Well thats just fanta - oh, hold on, dear. Your father's home, he'll want to talk to you." There were some muffling sounds on the other end as her mother transferred the phone to her father, who was probably just getting home from work. He worked night shifts as a counselor at their local homeless shelter. "Hey Bella! It's papa! Remember me?"

Abella laughed. "Hi dad! Of course I remember you, we talked two nights ago and you made that same joke!"

She joked around and caught up with her parents for a few minutes. Her father encouraged her to get roommate; he didn't like her living alone - but he made sure to specify about a girl roommate. Her mother warned her about parties, and she made sure to avoid talking about the party that was supposed to happen on Friday night. It was pretty much the first real party she had ever even been invited to, so, naturally, she planned to go. But her parents didn't have to know that, right? Finally, the family said their "I love you"s and "goodbye"s and Abella returned to the kitchen and into the shop, where she saw Skylar sitting at a table, gulping down a cup of coffee.

"Skylar, hey!" She enthused, tucking her phone back into her pocket. She only had a few more minutes before she had to get back to lunch, and after that it was class. She sat across from her friend at the table. "What are you up to? Did you bring me any sweets?"[/b

DQY1PmPUMAAwUc3.jpg

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* x y*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Sienna Lewis really did live her best life. She was a freshman, newest of the new, and college was doing her alright already. With the time she had away from her nosy mama and platoon of siblings, Sienna managed to get a tattoo, hilariously drunk, and a steady stream of potential booty calls. She wouldn’t call herself easy—no, she preferred the term curious. There are so many types of people in the world to get around with and she’d be damned if she didn’t try her share. Besides, sex was only emotional if you made it like that.

Sienna’s room was already a mess, courtesy of her habit of overpacking, and she sat at a desk barren of schoolwork and loaded with makeup. Say what you want but the girl knew her priorities. Bane, angsty blond Bane with half lidded blue eyes, asked her out for coffee and like an idiot, she said yes. The guy had some deep unresolved issues with relationships, that much was clear, but Sienna thought he was interesting and it gave her an excuse to show off this cute ass pink wig. That was her main concern as she strode across campus, a blue bandanna wrapped around the closure of her wig.

“What’s good ?”

She gave him a small smile as she slid in the seat next to. “You look so lovelorn gazing out that window. Come on, let’s interact”. Most of Sienna’s interactions were kept to bedrooms and the back of cars but she was trying to keep whatever this was friendly. Her six inch acrylic claws curled around the latte and she took a sip, eyebrows furrowing as she tasted it. A second went by and she nodded, beaming once again. “I like it and don’t worry, I can pay you back whenever”.

bixby bixby
✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
coded by DeerPrince

★·.·´¯`·.·★ HEATH ★·.·´¯`·.·★

Morning classes had dragged and Heath was essentially ready to crawl back into bed despite the fact he'd only been up for a few hours. Perhaps some retail therapy was in order. Or a massive slushie. Or maybe even both.
That'd always been Heath's solution to things growing up, because that was how his parents always handled things: they'd see he was upset, or see he'd found out about another spell of infidelity, and hand over the credit cards. Much quicker and simpler than talking. They wanted a son, but never a child, that was his theory-- an heir and a way to keep their name going, but none of the emotional baggage that came with it. University had been the best decision Heath had ever made, a chance to get away from being who he'd been. He didn't need to walk on eggshells around his parents, didn't need to be a queen bee's bitch. He could just be Heath. Whoever that turned out to be.
At present, Heath was a boy who looked bomb, even if he did say so himself. His skin was clear and his eyebrows were shaped and his hair was just right. When Heath felt he looked nice, he could be confident. In all honesty, he didn't care that it sometimes bordered on vanity. He was much happier being over confident than being under confident, as he'd been before.
As he peered at his reflection in a car window, he caught sight of a particularly large mottled red mark on his neck. Wonderful, he'd been walking around with that all morning, blissfully unaware. Who had even..? He vaguely remembered a boy leave the bed in the early hours of the morning, but so far he was struggling to recall a name or a face. Oh, well. Typical: Heath spent the night with so many people, but they never seemed to stay for very long.
Why didn't anyone ever stay?
Heath turned away from the window, running his fingers through his hair, and that was when he saw her. Holed up in her car. Crying. It felt like a private moment , something he shouldn't get involved with, and a few years ago he would've turned tail and ran, but suddenly he was on the passenger side of the car tapping his fingertips gently on the window.
And then he was slipping into the passenger seat and holding his arms open in invitation.
"Sorry to invite myself in. Oh, love, come here." His bag was discarded by his feet as he awkwardly twisted in the seat to face Sora, face full of a rare but genuine concern. There were few people he truly liked and trusted as of yet, but if he was going to name a top three, Sora would be on the list. The girl was just so... good. Which was why the crying killed him so much. He spoke again, his voice gentler this time, casual, hoping he might be able to calm her down at least a fraction. "You changed your hair. It's cute. Probably better than I could've done, although don't tell anybody I said that. Hey, come on." Comfort had never been Heath's strong suit but, unwilling to give up so soon, he shrugged off his jacket and held it out. "Wear it, use it as a tissue, throw it, I don't mind."

tags: @aeonian

SIZE=11px]
Echo
Heartbreak central
Echo tiredly ran a hand through her long brown hair before putting her beanie back on. Saying that echo was hungover was an understatement, she felt dead inside. She wanted to literally rip someone, anyone’s head off. The only thing that was gonna make feel at least a little better was her boyfriend, Axel. Their relationship probably shouldn’t even exist in the first place but you really can’t help who you like.

Echo turned the corner of the street she was walking on and stuffed her hands in the pockets of her sweatshirt while looking around the quaint little street passing by Rosewood University. Echo got so caught up by watching a dog with his owner cross the street that she ran into a street sign. A string of curses left echos lip as she lifted her injured head. This was the exact moment where an idea struck her. “Mo’s Bakery,and coffee house,” she caught her self reading the sign. “I might as well try and be a good girlfriend for once.”

“Can I get a hot fudge and caramel frappe, one black coffee with only two sugars, and uhm..” echo scanned the baked goods in front of her, “ and one chocolate croissant.” She pauses. “Please.

The chipper brunette register girl rounded up all of Echos orders and placed them in front of her. “That’ll be 16.65” Echo handed the brunette her card, who swiped it then handed it back to her. “Thank you.” Echo responded in a monotoned voice and then grabbed the two coffees and the bag with croissant then headed out the door.

When Echo was about a few minutes from Axel’s apartment she dug her phone out of the back pocket of her jeans and she him a quick text.

Axel ?
Echo: omw baby. see u in 5

As she sent the text she smiled a little. Everything had been going alright between her and Axel. They were actually acting like a couple, like a happy couple and it made her happy, for once.

Echo made her way up the stairs to Axel’s apartment. As she rounded the corner a preppy looking girl almost bumped into her. “Watch where you’re going, asshole.” She grumbled while looking at the bleached blonde bimbo. She was definitely doing the infamous “walk of shame” that made echo snicker. She laughed even harder when she noticed that the blonde bimbo only had one shoe on. “Oh my god” Echo cracked up so much that she almost dropped the coffees.

“Fuck.” She spat out while situating the cups in her hands. Echo made her way to the door of Axel’s apartment and when she got there she slowly tried to open the door but it was blocked by none other than Axel.

“Axel what the hell. Are you okay?”

➣ location: Baldwin’s apartment
➣ mentions: Baldwin
[/SIZE]

Last edited:
Miles lay in bed, arms crossed behind his head. Light cascaded down from the slits in the blinds, covering his bare chest in stripes. The sun had risen hours ago but Miles... wasn't really a morning person. If it was AM and it wasn't a double digit, one could bet Miles would still be snoozing away with his head buried beneath a pillow. His jet black hair stuck up in spikes and tufts, a classic case of bed head. A cigarette was held precariously between both of him lips, only removed every so often when he deposited the ash in the tray beside him only to return it to its original place. Smoke curled around his face, stretching toward the ceiling before it fell back down in gentle waves.

Miles sighed. It was a typical morning for him. He was too attached to his bed to get up right away. So he started his morning deep in thought with a cigarette or two before he really got ready for the day. No matter how many girls he spoke sweet words to, how many he covered in kisses, his true love would always be his bed. Another sigh left his lips as he stood up, putting out the cigarette in the ashtray and pulled on the black jeans beside the bed. He grabbed a T-shirt from the top drawer, pulled it over his head and meandered about the room, putting on socks, shoes, running a comb through his hair and tending to what hygiene was necessary. Five minutes later he was heading out the door with little more than his keys swinging around his index finger.

His first class didn't start until one, which left him with a lot of time on his hands and little plans. His first stop took him to the coffee shop on campus, not the best around, but it was certainly convenient. One steaming cup of shoe later, he was sitting on a bench, enjoying the breeze and sipping on the cup in his hand.

baldwin

......... axel baldwin
......... his apartment
....... echo
.......... outfit
......... vixe vixe

@baldwin

“Axel what the hell. Are you okay?” Echo walked into Baldwin's apartment and he took a step back from the door. His heart was still pounding and he could feel the adrenaline rushing through his body as he put his hand gently on her shoulder, attempting to disguise his panic.

"Yeah, I'm... I'm fine, babe," He reassured her. She looked skeptical. He attempted to change the subject, gesturing to the two coffee cups and two pastries she was holding. One of the pastries appeared to be a chocolate croissant - Baldwin's favorite. He wrapped his arms around her waist from behind and whispered in her ear. "Is that for me? You're too sweet. I'll have to think of some way to repay you."

Echo didn't respond; her eyes seemed to be fixated on something in the living room. Baldwin swallowed hard and tried to mask the expression of pure terror on his face, tracing her gaze to try to locate her point of focus. His eyes scanned the tiny apartment, desperately searching for something that could have gone wrong, until his eyes landed and locked on it: a little pink heeled shoe, tucked sloppily beneath his raggedy brown couch. He recognized it immediately: Poppy's.

"Who's shoe is that?" Echo asked. Her voice shook with a familiar unvexed dolefulness. Almost as if she'd been in that exact situation dozens of times, In fact, she had. Baldwin was silent as he tried to think up a lie as fast as he could. "Axel?"

Baldwin pulled his arms from around her torso and crossed over to the couch. His heart pounded like a drum. He picked up the shoe and held it nonchalantly in his hand.

"Oh, this? It's from a girl in one of my classes. She came over to get some coursework that she missed,"

"What's her name?" Echo skepticized. He could tell by her voice and face that she didn't buy it. Baldwin didn't blame her - he wouldn't have believed himself either. He couldn't remember the last time he had done his coursework, let alone go to class at all.

The couple sat in silence for a minute just staring at each other. There was no point in continuing the lie and adding fuel to the fire. Both of them knew exactly what was happening. Baldwin's breathing was labored, and he tried to take deep breaths to calm his nerves. The hurt on her face was clear.

Why am I like this? He asked himself, biting his lip. Why don't I ever care until it's too late?

"Baby, I-" He took a step towards her and extended an arm out, opening his mouth to speak. Before he could even finish the sentence, the scorching hot liquid exploded from the cup in Echo's hand and showered over his face and shoulders.

"Shit!" He screamed, wiping the hot coffee from his eyes and cheeks. He couldn't see, but he didn't need to. The coffee chuck followed by the violent door slam told him everything he needed to know. He had lost her, again. And this time, he had a feeling she wouldn't be back.

MARCEL THOMAS

full

Mood: Agitated
Tags: @aeonian

Normally, I might start with how Marcel had woken up to the sound of his alarm, how his eyes had snapped open at the sound, and he had frantically searched for it for a full five minutes before finally, gratefully, he had been able to turn it off. Or perhaps how he had awoken groggily, still blinking sleep out of his eyes as his hand smacked onto his nightstand as he felt around for the phone. However, as much as Marcel might wish otherwise, that was not the case.

Well, he’d usually wish that was the case.

Right now, he was a bit too busy trying to write the racing out of his thoughts, eyes darting across the paper. For a moment that was all he could do, pencil tap-tap-tapping against the table as he tried to get his thoughts to stay still long enough he could just write them down. Maybe if he listened to music-

His phone went off, Demi Lovato’s La La Land filling the room. Annoyed, he grabbed it, flicking his thumb across the screen to silence it. He hadn’t even fully processed what the alarm might mean. Setting it back down, he looked over his paper. He had been irritable since last night, honestly, and had definitely snapped at a delivery guy that didn’t deserve it.

The food from said delivery still sat on his coffee table, partially eaten. He had been going to eat all of it- of course he had been, he wouldn’t just waste food like that, and usually he would have at least put it in the fridge if he weren’t able to finish it- but he had been distracted, and he wasn’t that hungry anyways, he had just thought it looked good and bought it. So he had gotten up to scrub down his countertop. And that had led to a million other things, including checking his bag was ready for school, which would be beginning shortly, brushing his teeth to make sure they were clean, lying in bed staring up at the ceiling until he couldn’t any longer, and blasting music through his earbuds as he tried to just drown out his thoughts.

When a second alarm came, this one to remind him it was time to get ready for his outing with Embry, he again quickly swiped, getting up to go do something else- like shower. When was the last time he had showered?

It wasn’t until half an hour later when he checked his phone that he remembered.

”you forgot me ):“ was written clearly across the phone’s screen, and he couldn’t help but sigh.

You’re right, I did forget you.

Despite all reason, this annoyed him even more. In a moment of clarity, hand rubbing the back of his neck as he stared down at his phone, he realized that he was annoyed for no reason. There was literally. No reason to be this annoyed. That didn’t stop him from being annoyed, mind you. In a way, that made him even more annoyed, only this time, it was with himself.

He looked at the pile of written words on his desk, then at his closet. The choice was clear, if not easy.

”I totally spaced!!! Give me like twenty minutes ):“

Immediately after that message, he tore himself away from his phone, going to get dressed in his typical disaster of an outfit, pulling his hair into a small ponytail before slipping his crocs over besocked feet.

With that he was out the door.

And then back in the door, as he had forgotten every last essential- keys, wallet, and phone.

After a speedy drive full of unnecessary risk and jamming, Marcel arrived at the coffee shop. He entered quickly, accidentally slamming the door shut behind him, which caused him to turn and cringe, before he began his search for Embry, shoes squeaking all the while.

He picked her out a speed reasonable for one to pick out their friend- which is to say near immediately- and began to approach the corner she had put herself in, forcing a guilty smile despite the hum of energy under his skin. “Hey, Embry…” he sing-songed, “I didn’t completely forget about you…”

★·.·´¯`·.·★ XENA ★·.·´¯`·.·★

Mango sorbet was positively orgasmic.
This was the primary thought bouncing around Xena Starling's head as she strode down the pavement, daintily licking the remnants of her spoonful from the little plastic spatula that'd come with the sorbet. It didn't really count as breakfast, but she hadn't wanted to hang around for long. Besides, she'd grab something in a couple of hours-- a bagel was basically calling her name. For now, though, she was content. As usual when she walked alone, she had both earbuds in: it was fun because it was like she was in a television show with her own theme songs playing as she walked. She assumed other people felt the same way about it.
As she walked, she smiled and nodded hello to the faces she recognised, but didn't pause to chat or even exchange pleasantries-- this was another benefit of having music playing. Normally she'd have leapt at the chance to have a conversation, but that morning she had a goal in mind and couldn't seem to walk fast enough to reach her destination. She'd been up all morning but had purposefully dragged out her morning routine and stopped for sorbet en route so she wouldn't arrive too early, as doing so would make her seem too eager. Of course, she was eager, but that was precisely why she had to go to such lengths to appear semi-disinterested. It all made sense in her mind.
Fast forward a few minutes and she was facing the door. She raised a hand, but her knuckles lingered on the wood for a moment. Then, after her momentary lapse of confidence, she rapped on the door twice before opening it and slipping through the crack without waiting for an answer.
"Sir? I hope I'm not interrupting." There was a smile on her face as she took a few steps forwards towards the desk, slipping the sorbet spatula into her mouth and setting the cup down on the desk so she could root around in her bag for the takeaway coffee she'd purchased which, by some miracle, hadn't spilt between the coffee shop and the office. She set it down on the desk and slid it across. "I got you a coffee on the way. Almost drank it myself, but I stopped. You should be proud of my restraint, it smells quite nice." She admitted, taking the final spoonful of her sorbet before tossing the cup into the bin. "Sooo... How was your summer?"

tags: nymphadora. nymphadora.
outfit:
x

Last edited:
POPPY. ♫
i regret hurting her thanks bix
Poppy was woken abruptly, and honestly she could've used a couple more hours of sleep. Baldwin was rushing her out of the bed, and offering an excuse she couldn't help but believe. I mean, why would he lie to her, right? Exactly. She hummed in response to his talking, barely able to focus on it at all, given how tired she still was. It wasn't as if they had slept much. She only had one shoe, so she didn't bother putting it on. Her dorm wasn't that far away anyway, so who cared? Despite being tired, she was feeling pretty good. Things with Baldwin were good, she was living her best life. Casual dating was so much easier in college than it was in high school.

She almost crashed into a girl, who wasn't paying attention anymore than she was. Though the rude comment just made Poppy roll her eyes. There wasn't much sense in that sort of attitude first thing in the morning, honestly. It was too early for this shit. Mean girls were to be pitied, not to be taunted. Adding fire to the flame only made them have a reason for existing, right?

She didn't let it get to her, she never let anything get to her. Life was about the good things, not the bad things. So, she slipped into her dorm and changed into something more comfortable for the first day of school and made her way to the courtyard. She was working on a degree in political science, but she spent her free time in the courtyard writing music and poetry. It was pretty much impossible to focus on one thing at a time in Poppy's mind.

On the real, she was smart and she knew it. There wasn't a ton of studying she had to do to get decent grades, as long as she kept her focus on school. Which is why casual worked. Why Baldwin worked. She had told him exactly what she wanted. Casual, monogamous, not too distracting from school or art. It was gonna be a good year.
➣ location: baldwin's ↦ her dorm ↦ courtyard
➣ mentions: baldwin and echo
➣ tags: bixby bixby vixe vixe

DANIEL TOMAS GRAY !

[ outfit - danny ;; mentioned - xena ;; where - his office ;; tags - teenage witch teenage witch ]

god, he really hated kids.

daniel sat in his office his dark hair was untamed and he didn't even bother wearing a collared shirt, it was the first day of school but his brain was angrily yelling at him to pull a sickie and go home. the male groaned in retaliation, sitting in his office with a lamp illuminating his work area with a dark yellow hue. he could hear the sounds of happiness and laughter from students; gross.

maybe because it's the strong hangover that enveloped the business teacher, or the fact it was the first day of school. whatever it was, the two knocks on his door didn't help.

"sir? i hope i'm not interrupting."

daniel glanced up from his pile of white sheets, messily decorated with his red pen. a warm smile played at his lips as xena entered and placed a coffee down on his desk. "no, please - i was just collecting my thoughts before school started." the teacher mused tiredly, picking up the coffee and bringing it to his lips, taking a long scull of the warm drink before placing it back down with a satisfied sigh.

the male raised a curious eyebrow as xena asked about his holiday, his shoulders relaxing into his chair as he tried to reminisce on what he did over the holidays.

drugs. a lot of drugs, and alcohol.

daniel brought himself back to reality and smiled at xena, "nothing special, just saw some old friends." he spoke casually, like a liar.

tumblr_pan1hqYE4f1x6lzrbo7_250.png
tumblr_pan1hqYE4f1x6lzrbo6_250.png
tumblr_pan1hqYE4f1x6lzrbo4_250.png
tumblr_p7tgg613GI1x6ij9ko3_400.png
tumblr_p7tgg613GI1x6ij9ko6_400.png
tumblr_p7tgg613GI1x6ij9ko7_400.png
tumblr_p4tv7lemaS1tc5gvpo5_400.png
tumblr_p06uerdAsn1tqp6e4o8_250.png

★·.·´¯`·.·★ SKYLAR ★·.·´¯`·.·★

As Skylar sipped her drink, she let her mind wander as she roamed the coffee shop with her gaze. There were so many interesting people around, and she was intending to meet a decent portion of them before her time at school came to a close. Lost in her idle thoughts, she almost didn't respond to Abella straight away when the girl appeared.
"Abella!" Lovely name, she mused. Lovely girl, so it suited. "I didn't expect to see you! I'm just sitting. Haven't got class for a little while and I really needed a coffee. How are you? How are you settling in?" Her words tumbled out in a pleasantly excited flurry. Skylar cracked a smile at the girl's latter question and feigned embarrassment for a moment.
"Oh, you know, this is the one day I... No, I'm kidding: of course I do." It was a bad joke but Skylar had grown accustomed to using it. She came prepared with baked goods in her bag almost every day, and people knew it. In fact, it had gotten to the point that she'd started doubling the amounts of the ingredients she used during her late night (or early morning, depending on your perception) baking sessions. If there was one thing Skylar was constantly trying to avoid, it was disappointing people. especially the people she cared about and wanted to get along well with.
She moved her bag from the other chair at the table and gestured to it, in case Abella wanted to sit down. The poor thing looked tired, bless her-- of course, she'd been working. How could Skylar have forgotten? All the more reason to feed her, then. That was something Skylar excelled at: taking care of people. She'd looked after her younger siblings when her parents were busy, she'd looked after friends and relatives and animals. The one person she just couldn't seem to look after was herself.
Perhaps she didn't care enough.
As Skylar pulled the tupperware container from her bag, she felt a little guilty for getting out cakes in an establishment which undoubtedly sold their own-- oh, well. It wasn't as if she never bought anything from the place. In transit one of the cakes had slid against the wall of the container and smudged it's icing, so she made a mental note to keep that one for herself. With another smile, she prised open the lid and held the assortment of pastries out to Abella. "It's a new recipe, so I'd love to know what you think."

tags: bixby bixby

★·.·´¯`·.·★ XENA ★·.·´¯`·.·★

As Daniel replied to her question, Xena took the opportunity to perch on the edge of his desk. It was her favourite place to sit in the office, and over time she'd figured out the position in which she could move fastest if she heard footsteps approaching the door. His response didn't seem to satisfy her, and she pursed her lips, studying his face for a moment before she continued.
"Nothing special." She echoed, raising an eyebrow as though mimicking his expression. "That's disappointing, I was hoping for a good story. Normally you're much more interesting." Those keen eyes kept searching his face for a moment more before dropping to her lap as she folded her legs. "Shame. And I got up early to come see you, too."
In all honesty, she didn't believe his lie for a minute-- Xena liked to think that she knew him, and therefore suspected that there might be plenty he wasn't telling her. Her own summer had been relatively interesting, the peaks being a magazine photoshoot she'd landed, and a party to celebrate the launch of her mothers' latest shoe line. That'd been fun, plenty of champagne, plenty of men. They just hadn't been the right men.
On another day, she might've brought up this party just to gauge Daniel's reaction, scan for any flicker of concern and jealously. Not that morning though, he seemed tired-- she'd spare him the teasing for another few minutes. Well, most of the teasing.
Xena's gaze flicked up and down the man before settling on his face.
"You don't look particularly pleased to be back. I am, I woke up this morning and I was so excited to see my favourite teacher. I even put on this new top." She paused and then, with a joking glitter in her eyes, asked: "Do you know if Miss Miller's in yet?"

tags: nymphadora. nymphadora.
outfit:
x

2qjydg8.jpg
9jq89l.jpg

Dylan Alexia Everson

There was one thing Dylan’s parents failed to suggest, before rushing her off to college: Never. Take. Morning. Classes. Ever. As overprotective and uptight as they were, they weren’t the brightest lightbulbs in the shed—at all. Even after chugging down three cups of instant coffee like a pro, she was still feeling a bit sluggish and worn down.

A fatigued sigh escaped past the young lady’s lips. To make matters worse, she decided that it would be best to work at the on campus coffee shop, just to have extra money in her pocket. The grind never stops. What could she do about it? Was there anything she was actually able to do to avoid, what was known as, the “adult” lifestyle? Nope.

Oh shit, she muttered to herself, I’m late. Dylan wished she actually cared about not being on time, but she didn’t. That was her nonchalant attitude in full gear. The college lifestyle hit her hard, even on day one, and it was easy to lose track of time.

The sprint from Dylan’s dorm room to the coffee shop was the longest she’s ever ran. She earned a couple of side eyes and weird faces, but no fucks were given. The visibly out of breath blonde rushed her way inside the shop.

“Sorry I’m late,” she apologized, before heading to the back to clock in and grab an apron. Dylan hoped she didn’t cause too much attention to herself, as she began to work.

coding; allrightsreserved@crucialstar

,​

Echo
Spiteful little girl
Echo couldn’t see anything. Everything was red, from anger. She honestly should have expected this but it just made her so furious because they had been doing so good before and now this. Before she knew what she was doing Baldwin was covered in the delicious hot liquid. Tears welled up in her eyes and all she could hear was the door being slammed closed by her own hand.

“Fuck!!” Echo screamed. “Fuck this shit.”

Echo angrily made her way down the stairs of Baldwin’s apartment. Everything felt numb to her, she couldn’t even feel her finger tips anymore. She gripped the coffee cup in her hands until the icy, sticky liquid seeped out of the top and on to hand. It only made her angrier. Now she had a sticky hand and a broken heart.

Echo started crying again but she still made her way to a trash can where she dumped the croissant and the broken cup. She stayed there a moment crying her hardest.

“Fuck him” she spat out. “I don’t need him.”

Echo walked away from the trash can started walking. She didn’t know where she was walking to but she just kept walking.

"Damn, what’s a pretty girl like you doing out here crying? let me make you feel better"

Echo spun around on her heels angrily in the direction the voice was coming from. She didn’t even turn around fully before she had a retort dancing on the end of her tongue.

“Why the fuc-“ once she saw him she stopped dead in her tracks. She expected some sleaze-ball not an actual god. Echo hockey recovered though and replaced her scowl with a smile.

“It was really nothing, I’m fine really.”

"You sure? I'm real good at cheering people up" Echo scoffed and rolled her puffy eyes then sniffled. “How do you think you can do that?”Raised one eyebrow at him. If Baldwin could fuck every broad he sees why can’t Echo do the same. She was definitely going to regret what happened next.

“To hell with it” Echo thought. She wasn’t crying anymore she was just angry and hurt. She wanted baldwin to hurt as much as she did maybe that’s why she couldn’t keep her hands off of other men.

Echo closed the distance between the two and whispered in his ear. “I think I might have a few things you could do to help.” She lingered near his ear for a moment then pulled back smirking.

➣ location: In the arms of another
➣ mentions: Baldwin/ Floyd

BANE DECLAN

Bane jerked his head up at the sound of Sienna's voice. It shook him from his trance, and the smell of flowers was replaced by that of fresh coffee.

"What's good? You look so lovelorn gazing out that window. Come on, let’s interact," She sat down in the seat next to him and grabbed the coffee that he had bought for her. “I like it and don’t worry, I can pay you back whenever.”

"Don't worry about it," He muttered. Lately, he had felt like just speaking to other people at all was a task that took far too much energy to perform, so he avoided it as much as possible. Needless to say, he took a lot of drugs and had a lot of meaningless sex.

Bane wasn't an awkward person, just... antisocial, to say the least. He didn't have a problem talking to people, he just preferred not to. Coffee with Sienna was one of the first planned social events that he had organized or even attended in weeks that didn't involve illegal actions of some sort. It was quite a change for him, but maybe it was what he needed. He just needed to get away from his feelings for Sora. No matter what he did, nothing made him feel better. The memory of her face and the sound of her voice the day she left him wouldn't stop infiltrating his memory.

"So, um," He cleared his throat. The girl was beginning to look bored. "What do you want to, like... do?"
mentions: sienna, sora
tags: caramel caramel
where: coffee shop

GRAVITY.
*gasp* adam.
“Get up, Gravity. It’s time for school. Don’t touch that bottle — Gravity put the vodka down.” Adam snatched the bottle from his sister’s hand before the half asleep girl could get it to her mouth. He was constantly trying to save her from her own spiral into darkness, even if she didn’t want his help.

The girl groaned as she tried to pull the covers back over her eyes. “Nice moral compass for a drug dealer.” She gave into her older brother’s attempts and let him pull her from bed, eventually. “Let me wallow in peace.” She muttered, though she still pulled from his grasp to grab clothes from the chair at her desk. “I don’t know why I have to do this in the first place. I don’t even know what I want to be.”

“You’ll figure it out. Hurry up and get ready, we’ll grab breakfast on the way.” He left her room so she could get ready and headed downstairs to grab his hoodie. They lived in a decent sized house, it had been their grandparents, but after they died the siblings took it for college. Adam kind of liked it in Saltwater Hills, Gravity seriously didn’t.

This town just reminded her of everything she had lost and she was tired of it already. When she was finally ready they left, but didn't stop for coffee. Her groans were ignored by Adam, with a grumbled "you're late for your shift" as the only response she got. She shot off a text to Deacon immediately.

< messages
deacon ?
options >

need my coffee plug asap at the studio​

➣ location: home > studio
➣ mentions: deacon
➣ tags: deacon ( .jpeg .jpeg )
➣ outfit: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Back