• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Miss Clumsy & The CEO

BloomingRose

ѕтop worryιng aвoυт тнιngѕ yoυ can'т conтrol.
Looking at the title, you'd assume that this would be your classic CEO x Secretary roleplay. Read further to see what this is REALLY about.

Alina Davids; an intelligent, gorgeous woman, who wants to make it up the ranks, just like everyone else. The thing is, she can't literally make it up the ranks if she can't even walk in a straight line. She is accident-prone, and finds herself stumbling over her feet, and also over non-existent objects--including the air-- quite often. After getting her dream job in one of the biggest franchises in the States as a financial accountant, Alina expects all to be well, until the boss of her department requests her to go up a floor to deliver files to the arrogant, heartless, intimidating, cocky, obnoxious, extremely gorgeous CEO of a man. Easy enough, right? And it seems like that all the way up until she actually enters and manages to make a complete fool of herself, spilling the files all over the floor after tripping over the rug in his office. And apparently, that proves to him that in order for the pretty little bird to keep her job, she must prove herself to him and be his PA for a week, which turns into a month, which...

What starts off as a stupid mistake turns into a story of intrigue, passion, and what just might be love.

Alina Davids. Gorgeous, yet modest. Model-like, yet walks like a clown. It was obvious she was trying very hard to stay up on her two feet as she walked across the marble floors to the lift of the building she was soon to be working in. You've finally made it, she thought to herself, a small smile appearing on her lips. The other women who were in the lobby watched her and snickered as they watched her make a fool of herself, the smile that was once on her face disappear as if it were never there. Alina finally managed to make it to the lift, almost tripping before stepping in with a group of people. Up and up it went, until it finally got to the 35th floor, Financial Accounting and Invest Managers, the floor just below the "big guys." She held her small briefcase close to her side, which held a copy of her resume and other important papers. The floor she was on was quiet, the sound of small chatter and desk phones ringing being the only noise made. An overweight man with thinning hair awaited at the receptionist desk of the floor, almost breaking out in a sweat. Alina recognised him as Albert Renning, the man she had spoken to over the phone the night before, and also her boss. "You're late!" He cried, making her cringe as his face turned as red as a tomato. Her cheeks burned and she cowered, mumbling a 'sorry.' Albert looked sympathetic, and quickly apologised as well. "You're fine, dear. Just don't let this tardiness become a habit. Let me show you to your desk."

Conn McCray walked into the building confident as he always does. Today, he was doing evaluations of the 35th floor to make sure the workers are doing their jobs correct. Conn entered the lift with some of his employees. A couple women who were batting their eyelashes and sticking out their chests in front of Conn, but he wasn;t interested. The men tried to make themselves look busy and official but Conn didn't buy it. He stood there until he reached the 35th floor and began his evaluations. The offices were all quiet except for the occasional phone ringing. And then there was the woman. He saw that she was a newbie. Conn stared at the goddess-like woman as she tripped and spilled coffee on Albert. He pursed his lips and took it all in. 'This is going to be fun...' Conn thought.

Alina, having already made a fool of herself while walking into the building, spilled coffee on her new boss, and done a number of other, quite embarrassing things--on her behalf, of course--was frustrated, but glued herself to the seat in her cubicle, looking at the stack of papers that were sat on top of her desk. With a calculator in her right hand, she began to deal the numbers. Sounds quite boring, doesn't it? But not for Alina. A smile was back on her face as she went through the papers quite quickly. Numbers were her specialty. Mr. Renning came up to her desk, quite flabbergasted over how quickly she had gone through the entire stack. "Wow, Miss Davids," he exclaimed, surprised. "I"m quite impressed. Glad to have you on our team." Mr. Renning smiled, his pudgy cheeks rosy red. Alina tucked a lock of hair behind her ear, smiling down at her desk. "T-thank you." She was never one to receive compliments well, that was for sure.

(Sorry about such a late reply!! I had quite the day.)

Last edited by a moderator:
(No need to explain, it's all good in the hood!)

Conn went through each and every cubical, one by one. Evaluating sweaty or suck-up employees was tiring. He hated people like that, and was never a suck-up like that. He continued evaluations, some men acted like they were busy, some girls flirted. He only flunked a few people. He had gone around the entire office until he came across the newbie. He had heard her and Mr.Renning's conversation and saw the stack of papers she'd completed in the past 40 minutes. Conn must admit he was impressed, but he needed to finish evaluations.

"Hello Miss" Conn's grey eyes dart to the name tag, "Davids." He said leaning against her desk. He just stared at her, observing her. Undoubtedly she was the prettiest girl here, but judging by the stains on her shirt, and the glue on her chair (and a lot of other reasons), she was a clutz. Conn pursed his lips, 'We could use some entertainment around here.' he thought.

Mr.Rennings came back with a new stack of papers. The man was moving pretty fast for a husky guy like him, "Mr.McCray! W-what are you doing here? Oh! Of course, It slipped my mind. U-uh, this is the new employee, Alina Davids, fast worker she is. She went through the last stack faster that Debbie!" Rennings exclaimed. Conns head snapped toward Ms.Davids. "Oh really..." He said, more of a statement than a question, "I want to see it."

Alina's eyes became as wide as disks as the boss of the bosses, the head of the entire system, Connor McCray actually spoke to her. "H-hello, sir," she stuttered before she raised her hand up to sweep her long, split-ended bangs out of the way of her eyes, and instead managed to sweep off the pen cup on her desk, frantically kneeling on the ground to pick them all up from under her desk, hitting the back of her head as she tried to come back up. Alina winced loudly, squeezing her eyes shut and holding the back of her head with the cup in her other hand, her face resembling that of a fire engine as she looked up at the gorgeous grey-eyed man. She sat back down in her chair, putting the cup back on top of her desk. At the sound of her name, she looked to Mr. Rennings getting wide once more. So much for first impressions, she thought to herself, biting the inside of her cheek out of nervousness. Alina fumbled around on the top of her desk for her calculator, holding her hands out for the stack of papers. She dared to look back up into the eyes of the intimidating CEO, instantly regretting it as her cheeks heated up once more.

Conn watched as Alina made a fool of herself. It took every bone, every muscle in his body to not laugh as she rubbed her head. She had surely grabbed the attention of everyone in the office with her loud performance. Everyone was staring in that direction. "Back to work." He called to the employees. He sighed and looked down at his polished shoes. He rolled his shoulders back and popped his knuckles. Conn looked back into the woman's eyes and beckoned for her to start on the stack of papers. He tapped his foot as she sat there just staring at him with her large gorgeous eyes. "Well..." He said, motioning to the stack of papers Mr.Rennings had handed her. He rubbed his chin and watched the woman fumble for her calculator.

Alina huffed under her breath, quickly skimming over the paper before looking up at her desktop screen, glancing back down at the paper to make sure the numbers were all correct, double-checking with a small, shaky hand punching in the numbers. In only a few minutes, she had finished financial statements and correcting billing numbers for 6 or 7 papers. She suddenly forgot that both her boss and her boss' boss was standing in front of her, getting into the zone of pressing, punching and writing, smiling to herself a little bit more as the pile started to shrink. The chatter of all around her was lowered to a zero noise level, and only the sound of paper after paper being switched out, along with the occasional tap from her keyboard apparent to her. Alina smiled as she had finally finished the not-so-big of a stack that Mr. Rennings had given her, in the middle of leaning back in her chair before she remembered two very important people were standing among her. Her cheeks flushed once more, and she pulled at the collar of the cream, lace dress she was wearing.

Conn watched as Alina flew through the papers with flying colors. Her fingers mechanical on her keyboard. The woman looked a lot more at peace whilst working. It took her a few seconds before Conn saw the light click on in her head, and she was golden. He had never seen someone go through a stack like that, and definitely never that quickly either. She finished a stack that would have taken Debbie (the best on the floor) 20 minutes, in less that 10. "I must admit, Ms.Davids, I am very impressed. Not even our finest can do what you just did." Conn looked at the woman's screen and then back at her face. He pursed his lips and studied the woman for a second, wondering how such a foolish woman could do what she just did. He looked at Mr.Rennings and back at the woman, "Ms.Davids, where did you work before this, exactly?

"Thank you, sir," Alina said quietly, a small smile still resting on her lips. She--safely--managed to swipe away remaining pieces of her hair that were in her way, feeling her wrists for a hairtie, coming up with none. At this question, she looked up at him, watching his pink lips set back into a straight line. Alina replied with the curt answer, "I was working as a part-time account for a small law firm, sir." She successfully held eye contact with him, biting down on her bottom lip nervously as she awaited his response. The firm she was then working at was nothing compared to the job that she had now. Alina's eyes shifted over to Mr. Rennings, who looked nervous just standing next to McCray. But then again, who wouldn't be?

Conn nodded, "Well, Ms.Davids, considering your background, you're not too terrible at your job." He stood tall and smiled "Excuse us. And it was a pleasure meeting you Ms.Davids." Conn shook her hand and pulled Mr.Rennings out of the cubicle and a safe distance away. He looked warily back at the woman sitting at her desk. He took a deep breath before looking at Mr.Rennings. "You know that job that opened up yesterday?" Conn said. Mr.Rennings replied with "The one for your new secretary?" Conn nodded and motioned to Alina. "I want her." Conn knew it'd be a little soon for her, but he needed a new secretary and she seemed to be the only one who could actually fulfill the job requirements.

Alina wasn't prepared for that half compliment from one of the most influential, important men in America, but she took it with a humbleness, giving him a small smile before saying, "Thank you, sir. And to you as well." Alina turned back to her desk, pretending as if she went straight back to working, but in reality, she was straining to hear the comments said to Mr. Rennings about her, that is, if her name was still even in his mouth. But unfortunately, she couldn't hear anything, despite how far off of her chair she was going to bring her ear closer to them, which in turn almost made her fall, but she caught herself just in time. Alina sighed, content with how that situation had just gone, despite all that had happened to her previously.

The two men bid there dews and conn went to work. As Conn worked he could only think of the woman. She got the position everyone in the building was clawing to reach. (I'm Mr.Rennings now) Albert take a deep breath and walks back to Alina's cubicle. "Hey little lady! Uh, you got a promotion! Mr.McCray wants you as his secretary! We'll be moving you up a floor tomorrow. In the meanwhile," He dropped a lge stack of papers on her desk, "Here's some more papers, and don't screw up!" He gives her a large smile before waddling away.

Alina blew her hair out of her face, spinning around in her cubicle chair, gaining weird stares from other employees surrounding her. She flushed, her face yet again turning beet red. Alina shielded her face away from the others, propping her head up with her elbow on the table. She was looking down at her cuticles when suddenly Mr. Renning had shown up in front of her. Her eyes were big at the announcement he gave her, leaving her very confused with a bigger stack of papers left on her desk. The other women who sat around her had envious, almost murderous looks on their faces while Alina just sat their looking quite dumbfounded. He saw how I reacted under pressure, what kind of idiot is this guy? She thought to herself, still pondering over what made her seem secretary worthy as she began on the new stack of papers.

Conn tied to put the woman from his mind as he worked, but she was a constant subject. He looked over at the empty secretary desk in the corner of his office, she'd be working over there tomorrow. Should he get doughnuts or something? Nah, she might not like them, or be allergic. How about a candle? Nah, too generic. A promotion was enough, right? Sure. He continued to go through financial statements and banking documents, faxing them to different floors and to other buildings for proofreading and punching the numbers into the system.

Alina went over and over again in her mind if she should go and confront McCray about being secretary. She should have been grateful, but she definitely wasn't! She just wasn't fit for the job, especially with how clumsy she was. And the things that she's heard about him in the tabloids didn't really help his case. He was actually voted Sexiest Man in America and World's Most Eligible Bachelor, amongst the one-night stands that the tabloids always caught him in. Alina didn't particularly care to have that person as her boss. Of course she wouldn't let herself get played, as others might. She might not have the most stable walk, but she's headstrong on her actions. Alina sat on the edge of her seat, prepared to go march up to his office and tell him an entire list of why PA just wasn't for her. She finally got all the way up from her seat, marching towards the lift so she could go up and see McCray.

Conn hated that everyone in the building was throwing themselves at him, even some of the guys were. He just wanted to find a decent secretary that fit the description. He had seen no other person work as fast as she did, and he needed that. He heard his door open and saw his soon to be secretary. She came to refuse his offer, how cute. He gave her no time to speak, "Sit Ms.Davids." He motioned to the chair in front of his unnecessarily large desk.

The boost of confidence Alina had felt on the 35th floor deflated to nothing in 2 seconds flat when she saw Mr. McCray. You got this, was that mantra she continuously repeated in her head as she closed the door behind her, walking (not stumbling) to sit down. Alina eyed the desk, images of the gorgeous man sitting her on top of the large table running through her head. She pinched her thigh, trying to shoo away those thoughts. What's wrong with you? She was surprised at herself for even thinking that. "Erm, Mr. McCray, I was wondering if you could possibly reconsider your giving me the position as your secretary... sir," Alina tagged on the last bit, knowing her attempt to be brave wasn't working out for her so far.

Conn started pacing the room. Not nervously, but more like defensively. "You want me to reconsider your promotion?" He looked out the window. "Ms.Davids, I don't think you're understanding me. So let me spread some light on this situation." He sat on the front of his desk in front of Ms.Davids as if he were a principal at an elementary school. "You've proven you're a good worker, and you still have a lot to learn. But, you're better than any of those oafs down there. You'll be making 3 times the payment and a higher status, which will look splendid on your resume might I add. And you want me to reconsider? Men and woman would kill to have your position right now. And you want to throw this opertunity away? I assure you it's not a hard job. You just have a little more paperwork and 2 more hours." He said staring into her soul.

Alina braced herself, watching him walk back and forth, her head going from side to side as if she was at a tennis game. She looked up at him from the chair when he sat down directly in front of her, her eyes shifting to the small gadgets on top of his desk. Alina chewed on the inside of her cheek, deep in thought. Maybe it was her who needed to reconsider not taking the position. She looked back up into his eyes, feeling self-conscious as his hypnotising eyes seemed to go beyond the exterior. Alina finally nodded, agreeing with him. "I-I'm sorry, sir. I forgot to take into consideration how great a position this will be," she commented, her eyes scanning his face. She swallowed, watching the way his suit pulled tight against his muscles with his arms crossed over his chest. Stop it, Alina thought, getting distracted. She cleared her throat, gripping the handles of the chair to help herself up.

Conn rubbed the bridge of his nose. "I don't mean to punk you Ms.Davids, but I just wish you to reconsider your proposal." He smiled kindly at her. He took in her presents. She smelled like fruit, and wore a pretty cream colored dress. It was a little revealing in the chest area, but not too much. Her hair was fixed nicely and she wore makeup. But not a lot, which brought out a lot of natural beauty. She really could've been a model. He saw her staring at his suit, had he spilled something on it? "Ms.Davids?" he asked looking at his suit. She clutched the sides of the chair. Was she scared? Why would she be scared?

Alina watched as he looked down at his suit, blushing as she'd known she had been caught staring. "Er, I still have a lot of papers to finish up," she said, tapping the sides of the chair. "I should probably get to those." Alina was close enough to him to see that there were small specks of blue closer to his irises. She found her eyes locked with his, and it was not easy trying to break the small staring competition, especially when it was held with him. Alina for a moment forgot that she was still sitting in the chair in his office, softly inhaling his masculine cologne. Her eyes fluttered closed for a few moments, before her conscience knocked some sense into her and she remembered she needed to go.

Conn and Alina's eyes locked for a minute, and he forgot they were in his office. Her eye's were a beautiful brown (sorry if this is wrong, they looked brown on the picture), and he felt as though he could melt into them. And her blonde hair framing her face gave her a softer look. She broke the stare. He stood and nodded, "Yes, of course. Well it was great to talk with you. Please, get back with me tomorrow." He said smiling. He outstretched one of his large, rough hands out for her to shake.

Alina pushed the chair out a bit, giving herself room to stand. She returned the smile, placing her hand in his, which was the complete opposite, being small and soft, and gave it a good shake. Alina fixed the hem of her dress before she walked towards the door, tripping over the rug in his office, faceplanting on the plush carpet. Her cheeks burned with embarrassment, and she had to quickly readjust herself before running out of the office. "Stupid, stupid, stupid," Alina muttered under her breath, looking over at her new desk once before she hurried to the lift, going back down to her floor and indulging herself in her work, thoughts of the staredown and the great fall she had. (They're green, but it's fine!)

Conn had to restrain himself from laughing. He went to help but by the time he realized what had happened she was already out the door and to the lift. He pursed his lips and went back to his work. He kept staring at the chair she was just sitting at. He could still imagine her sitting there. And that's when he noticed the pen, In the crevice of the chair was a small, hot pink sparkle pen. It had to be her's. He stood and picked up the pen. He had to return it to her, it was the only right thing to do right? He was kind of glad for this excuse to see her again. He marched out of his office and rode down the lift. He walked over to her cubicle. She was working, and fast at that. Conn cleared his throat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back