Forging new roads
Code Name: N/A

Mundane Name: Miranda Walken

Race: Second Generation Metahuman

Appearance: 

p_123129.jpg

Supersuit: N/A

Powers (Inherent traits):  

Personal Time Manipulation - Miranda is able to manipulate her own personal time. By speeding up her own time relative to everyone else's time, she is able to, for example, experience an hour while everyone else experiences a minute. Her movements, while still feeling normal to her, would appear similar to someone utilizing superspeed. 

Currently, Miranda is barely able to tap into this ability and usually on instinct for a brief second during soccer games. She isn't aware that she's utilizing a superpower; instead, she thinks she is 'in the zone' where she can think and act a little more quickly than her opponents.

Age Manipulation - As a byproduct of being able to manipulate her own time, Miranda is able to travel through own timeline at will. This allows her to appear at any age she wishes. It should be noted that this is not akin to shapeshifting, as she is actually aging or de-aging her body. So while looking old to blend in with a crowd could be useful, it comes with the arthritis and gout as well as the lessened senses. Likewise, her appearance at any given age is the same every time she appears to be that age, so over utilizing this ability could allow opponents to ascertain both her ability to alter her age and her appearance at other ages.

Currently, Miranda is unaware and unable to utilize this aspect of her power.

Abilities (Learned traits): Star soccer player, excellent physical conditioning, baking enthusiast

Weaknesses: Miranda is as susceptible to physical injury as any other human.

Unlike other speedsters, she doesn't have any sort of increased stamina so she can only maintain physical activity as long as her conditioning allows. Even in best form, she can maintain top speed for only a few minutes before tiring. Similarly, she does not heal at a quicker rate nor can she run up walls.

Weapons: N/A

Other: Miranda has never met her biological father.

Like this

Last edited by a moderator:
Not accepted. Being able to manipulate time is too much of an op power to have in an rp. If you would like to redo you abilities or character.

It's basically just an alternative means of creating superspeed to the Speed Force. Her father is a canon character and has this power (which is not to say that a canon power cannot be OP, just look at Superman :smile9: ). Pair that with the fact that this character is (by far) the weakest character posted yet and I feel like you're jumping the gun on this decision.

She cannot manipulate time. She can manipulate how quickly her time flows compared to the rest of time. In doing so, if her time is moving more quickly than regular time, it appears like she is moving at speeds comparable to the Flashes.

Speed is distance divided by time, Flash speed is caused by playing with the distance aspect of that equation. This is a fun way to get superspeed by messing with the time part of the equation.

Compared to a Flash (which you've already accepted), this power allows for similar speeds, no phasing through objects, no super healing, no water running, and no wall running. So in my eyes, its weaker but if you're still opposed, then so be it.

The reason I deny it is because it seems like it could be very easy to use it to autododge everything and to use it as an instant saving grace. Granted that the speedster could theoretically be used to the same effect however in dealing with a speedster there is the calorie burn to deal with, and a time limit for how long they can maintain that kind of state. If you come up for solutions for this than I will consider again.

I will admit that I considered it to be the equivalent of pausing time fully (In a fashion similar to Exo's Tao) rather than something like a speedster. I see no reason why it couldn't be used to run on water though.

From my understanding, the Speed Force generally gives speedsters superhuman stamina so that they can run for extended periods of time. Given that, the "time limit for how long they can maintain that kind of state" would generally be quite lengthy; however, I've included the fact that she has no such stamina boost, meaning she can maintain her top speed (at best) like any other human, only a few minutes.

Is that sufficient?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back