Mila Ødegård

Danni Blatge

a little bit of heaven and a little bit of hell

Mila Ødegård 

d7ea2ecbb4f4f3f86b764cab3f36c3fd.jpg.3c4f07fe94cd074a0d34d111e97eb66e.jpg 

Name?

My name is Mila Ødegård, it's lovely for you to ask. 

Age?

I am eighteen years old. 

Height?

I am roughly 167 cm tall. I'm not entirely sure but comparing myself to my Mother, I believe that I am telling you the truth - I apologise if I am not, I..I..I, I try to be honest, always. 

Physique?

I have the essence of pure, innocent beauty to me. Many people in my village, Kattegat, called me the angel of the village. For some reason, I was born with fair hair, sun-kissed skin and freckles painting my cheeks and nose; however, the rest of the village and my family have a darkened look to them. Their faces portrayed years of hard-work, pain and loss.

I have a slim, toned body. I am delicate and I am not the strongest young female - sure, I am strong-willed in mind but physically, not so much. 

What do you do for a living?

I don't - I have never truly worked. My parents ask me to scavenge but they know I am a useless hunter as I would never, ever hurt an innocent animal. In fact I adore animals, I enjoy rescuing them and secretly passing them food that I have found. I always run off to be with them whenever I can, though, people think I'm crazy for my passion towards them. The animals, they seem to like me as well.

I read a lot and learn more than other girls do, girls my age that is. I spend a lot of my time at the village library, oh it is just so beautiful. I would sleep there if I could, truly, I would. I love to read in the forest, sit by a tree and read aloud to the beautiful nature surrounding me. Isn't it wonderful? Uh, if only people would appreciate it more. 

I look after the horses, though. I suppose that is my job. Kattegat is a very traditional village, they don't want to make the move into the "technological revolution," it scares my people. I believe they are afraid to adapt - I'm not sure, not that I'm complaining, I would never complain. I am incredibly grateful for what I have. As I was saying, I look after the horses. I feed them, brush them, sometimes I sleep with them. I will sing to them, read to them, ah, they are just so incredibly beautiful. I also have a dog, he's called Ivar. He sits with us there, in the stables I mean. Oh, I love him. He's some sort of mixture, black and white. He's very intelligent. We just seem to understand each other, we have a strong bond. A very strong bond. So, I, I uh take care of him too but other than that, I don't work. My parents see me as too special to work, people tell them there's something strange about me but they disregard it. They know that I'm different, special. Perhaps, sometimes they get irritated or confused but they never think of me as a burden. They love me. I love them. I'm one of seven siblings, the youngest and I'm the only one whom doesn't work. I'm just the, the odd child, I suppose. But I have a happy life, a great family. I'm happy. 

Unfortunately, my village was attacked by some ravage souls - some thieves, some useless - ugh, I could go on. They believed I would make a beautiful wife for some "leader" of theirs and well, my life took a turn there. Not that I work, but nor do I have the library to visit, or free-range, or...I just don't want to speak about it. It hurts my delicate soul. 

Why are you headed to Gham?

Gham? Is that the place I've stumbled across? Well, it certainly wasn't a plan of mine but I needed to remove myself from this horrid group of men. These ferocious, feral, monsters of men. I did remove myself, I managed to run but, I guess I came to this place, whatever it is you called it - oh yes, Gham. It seems so dark and abandoned but you cannot always be pessimistic about your surroundings so...I will take this place and see it with light eyes. I'll view it in a different light, a positive light. Being negative is no way to be. 

I won't lie, I am afraid. I am terribly afraid but if I close my eyes and hum, if I hum my Mother's lullaby maybe things will be okay. She sang it to me ever since I've been a child and she likes to sing it whenever she is with me. When I am afraid, I sing it too. It brings me comfort and I want nothing but that. I have to be strong, though. 

What is your blood type?

I don't know what that is, I haven't been to a doctor before. My village doesn't believe in that - new-age doctor stuff. I'm, I'm - I don't have, I don't know, I'm sorry.

Tell me about yourself?

I don't like to brag, I would never brag but I mean, if you're asking, that makes it okay, doesn't it? It's not rude, is it, to talk about myself? I typically don't talk about myself, I tend to talk about everything and everyone around me but myself. I suppose I can tell you what people have told me, uhm. My Mother calls me sweet, she says I'm too sweet sometimes. I hear my Father and her talking about me. My Father says I'm too gentle for this world, he says I'm much too naive but my Mother argues, she calls me "special" and "unique." I suppose you can make up your own opinion, about me. 

Last edited by a moderator:
This does well. Though if you've stumbled into Gham... well you won't receive much interaction in the prologue.

Uh'huh. That's okay, I think, right?

I'm sorry if it's not what you wanted. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back