• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Midnight Howl - IC

F0XTR0T

More Than a Simple Two Step
Midnight Howl
The suburban town of Montarry is of a moderate population, although incredibly mundane to a small group of four to-be seniors who want to live a little before the rush of their school year and life finally takes hold. And so what better idea than to sneak out to the nearby woods, ignoring the large fences and posted no trespassing signs to try and see what the big deal is.

OOC: Link
Character Sign-up: Link

Last edited:
It was officially the second week of their final summer, the Friday that the group had decided not only to have a little fun, but kick off their three months with quite the bang.

The nearby woods had been off limits to trespassers as far as any of them could remember with no knowledge on the true owners. Many residence of Montarry assumed them to have left long ago or died, leaving the large swaths of protected land to the city . Others were much more skeptical, claiming it to be an acient burial ground and haunted by restless spirits or something of the sort.

Alex didn't buy any of it.

She assumed it to just be another patch of trees that was good for a nice little scare for the group that had hung together since the 5th grade. Every year they spoke about going, but in the past either parents or one among them was forceful enough to keep them home or drag them to a movie. But not tonight. Definitely not tonight. At the end of the year, they were most likely never going to see each other again, or at the very least it would be a long enough time before it occurred. And so with enough begging, pleading, and promising that flashlights would be brought, the more frightful of them caved and agreed to the little excursion.

A stupid grin was plastered upon the young woman's face as she jogged over to the streetlamp the five of them normally met at. Briefly checking her cellphone before it was shoved into her pocket, only a few minutes to midnight on a full moon. Priceless. After they got back with nothing more than a few bug bites, she was sure that her younger siblings would be terrified at the story she could whip of up to tell them even though it was way past their bedtime.

Leaning on the lamp post with a steel flashlight in hand, she tucked a loose strand of dyed hair behind her ear as she waited for the others to arrive. If they bailed on her now, not only would it disappoint but most likely cement the fact that they would never have a chance to do this again in the future.

So here's to hoping...

sodding sodding Gravitational Force Gravitational Force ConverseGhost ConverseGhost

In all honesty, Sammy was terrified.

The crazy antics that her friends concocted usually scared her to death. She grew up as a proper young lady, and gallivanting around in the woods seemed like it could only lead to trouble. Not that she was scared of those ghost stories or anything.

She just didn't like taking risks.

However, Sammy's friends had a way of convincing her to do even the craziest of things. She chuckled to herself as she remember the time they climbed the water tower to drink stale beer they found in the back of their fridges. In all honesty, Sammy was grateful for her friends bringing her out of her comfort zone. Without them, she'd probably just be some goody-two-shoes cheerleader with good grades and no social life. Even though they were all so different, Sammy and her friends just clicked. They brought out the best in each other.

Sammy anxiously fiddled with her braid as she walked down the sidewalk. She had told her parents that she was just going to stay the night at Alex's house and watch chick flicks. She lowered her head, making sure the bill of her baseball cap covered her face from any passing cars. She could see their lamppost in the distance.

Alex was leaning against the metal pole, a flashlight in her hand. Sammy smiled at her friend, rushing to approach her.

She didn't want to be alone anymore.

"Of course I forgot my battery pack," Caroline grumbled as she pulled her coat tighter, her phone blinking red in her hands. The wind bit at her cheeks and she threw her hood up. It was just like Alex to drag us out here to the cold so she could have her fun, she thought, smiling to herself. Alex was always the fun and outgoing one of the group. Caroline just always tried to keep the danger out of it for the sake of keeping the poor girl out of major trouble. But tonight was too much of a coincidence. Full moon, midnight and middle of the woods. All of those scream Alex's name. But, as always Cari went to make sure her life didn't become boring as well.

Rounding the corner, she saw her friends and began a slow jog to them. "Did it have to be so chilly when you thought of this?" she teased, rubbing her arms. Cari had been teased quite frequently that she got cold too fast and this night was of no exception. "Where is everybody?" she looked around, trying to locate figures in the darkness. When that creeped her out too much, she turned back to her more visible friends and smiled softly.

Gabriel looks through the backpack he brought. Cellphone, cellphone charger and portable battery pack, water bottles, antibiotic creme, bandages, Q-tips, flashlights and backup flashlight batteries. Huh, he doesn't remember packing the hand mirror, oh well. Hopefully this would just be a fun outing, but there was no reason to be prepared. He puts his hands in his hoodie pockets and walks up to the rest of the group. Well at least Cari was here and he'd have a friend to talk to. Sammy was too flighty when she wasn't being too formal and Alex was way too willing to take risks.
Gabriel clears his throat. "So, who else is coming? Safety in numbers and all that. Also, please tell me the rest of you brought flashlights, because I've only got 2 spares."

Last edited:
Lucas stepped outside, shoving his hands into his jacket. It was an altogether pleasant night, albeit a little chilly, and the young man found the lovely atmosphere only stoked his growing excitement. After years of pestering alongside Alex, the more faint-hearted members of their group had finally agreed to the midnight forest trip. And not to just any forest, but the off-limits, super creepy forest nobody seemed to know about.

Simply put, it would be perfect.

Lucas Whitley thrived on the supernatural, and never had a stranger place existed than the seemingly archaic Montarry woodland. It had become commonplace to hear a new story spread about the forest, and the rumors surrounding the area had only intensified through their high school years. To say he was eager to investigate such an odd area was an understatement.

The young man couldn't help but grin when he spotted a few of his friends already at the designated meeting place. He gave a small wave as he arrived at the group. "Lovely weather for a forest expedition, eh?"

Last edited:
Gabriel groaned internally. Lucas was joining them. He didn't know if he took LARPing way too seriously or if he honestly believed in the supernatural, but the way Lucas Whitley did it was just absurd. At least he was interesting to talk to if you could keep the conversation on fiction. Gabriel turns to Lucas. "Yup, I'm prepared for this. What did you bring, wooden stakes and silver bullets?" He knew he shouldn't mock him like this, but it really had gotten annoying.

Cari bumped her elbow into Gaberiel's side. "Play nice with the other kids. Yeah, I'm prepared," she raised a small blue flashlight from her coat pocket and then stuffed it back in it's place before her fingers turned blue. "Honestly, I don't know why or how you talked me into going into the forest so late at night when we all have things to be studying for. So this better be extra good Alex. Which means, don't lead us out to the center of the woods, scare us half to death with something popping out of a bush and start passing around stale ass beer," she teased, smiling to the blue haired girl.

Caroline would consider Alex one of her closer friends, even if she didn't reciprocate the feelings. Where she was weak, Caroline was strong. They meshed well, in her opinion but she had never admitted that to anyone. "With that said, is there a plan for tonight?"

Alex flashed a grin as they approached, listening to each of them speak before finally doing so herself. "It's going to be fun, don't worry." With that she gestured with her flashlight to prove that she had it before sending Gabriel a small look of annoyance. He never knew when to hold his tounge, after all it wasn't as if anything was going to be in the woods.

"Is everyone ready to go?"

Sammy snorted at Gabriel's remark about the silver bullets and wooden stakes before clearing her throat awkwardly looking at the ground. "Sorry." She pulled her backpack from her shoulders to retrieve her own flashlight. She straightened her back in an attempt to appear tall and strong, even though she was the smallest one there.

"Ready as I'll ever be."

"It's fine, Caroline, I did bring a few of those things. I also have some holy water." Lucas kept a straight face for around three more seconds before he cracked a grin. "I'm superstitious, Gabe, not paranoid. Besides, there's no proof any of those objects actually work; after all, such methods of beast killing were only added to the legends during the late nineteenth century." The young man wasn't particularly surprised or offended by Garbriel's remark. Of all the members of their group, the two of them seemed to clash the most. If not for the others, Lucas doubted they would hang out at all. Ah well, he thought, I bother him far more than he does me.

Lucas turned away from Gabriel to shoot Alex a nod. "I'm all set."

Last edited:
Gabriel smirks at Lucas. "Did you get a variety of holy waters? You don't know if Catholic holy water would work on a Protestant vampire after all." He chuckles and turns to the rest of the group with a friendlier smile. "Alright it looks like I'm the only one who brought medical supplies, so let me know if you get cut or something. I've also got two extra flashlights and some water if you didn't bring your own. But I'm not giving out more than one water bottle per person, because you won't always have me to rely on." Gabriel hitches up his backpack. "Alright, are we going in?"

"Oh lord, must we really do this? Why couldn't we just binge scary movies or smash mailboxes like normal teenagers? No, I'm being dragged off into the creepy forest by my friends. Isn't that how horror movies start?" Caroline grumbled, crossing her arms and shooting a glance to Alex. "I'm just saying. Also, don't expect me to wait up if some evil slasher man comes out at us in the forest. Or a redneck with a gun," she huffed but nodded, signaling she was ready. Oh boy, I do NOT have a good feeling about this...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back