• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom MHA The Golden Age IC Closed

As Alec made his way safely away from the infirmary, he glanced back at Diana. He found a bench and sat down to chat. "Okay, well my range is what I can see. Although, I have another limit. For some reason I can only go maybe fifty yards at once, even if I can see further. I don't know why, but if I spam my quirk in a short amount of time and go more than those fifty in the span of a few minutes, then I get weird. Like... imagine being sick or nauseous and then add feeling reeaally out of it into the mix." Noticing that Diana had included "mental" limits, he remembered their first day. "Ahh... you already know this but I have a really bad fear of heights. My sister used to always make fun of me for it too..." At the mention of his older sister, his smile began fading a little bit more and he seemed a little lost in thought.

Roger-

A little bit after he finished healing the kids Diana came into the room and went straight over to Alec. The girl talked to the boy for a moment before Alec quickly rose from the bed and left the room with Diana right behind them. Roger silently watched them leave and sighed when they were gone. "Six people I have healed today and zero thank you's. Kids sure are ungrateful these days," he said to himself as he produced a deck of cards from his desk and began to shuffle them. He just needed something to do for a few minutes until Hisato and Otto woke up so he could get them moving over to the contest fields again. Hopefully they wouldn't end up back here but they probably would.

Diana stood in front of him. "Well, I imagine you'll only get better over time." She said. "That's part of the reason we're here. To improve as heroes." She quickly noticed Alec's downtrodden look.

Diana slowly moved in front of Alec, the sound of her steps muted by the lush grass. Slowly, she lowered down and crossed her arms over her knees. Using her wings slightly to keep herself balanced, she gradually reached her hand up to Alec's face. "Hey. What's wrong?" Diana asked concerned. Her hand felt pleasantly warm and soft like a blanket covered Alec's face where she touched it. Her wings glowed in the gently flowing flame that enveloped them and provided an air of comforting warmth as a breeze blew from behind Diana causing her to stifle a shiver.

Last edited:
Feeling the warm hand touch his face, his eyes lifted to meet hers. Every little action she was making worked towards comforting him. A small smile crossed his features in gratitude. "I just really miss her. All the late night talks we had... all the fun things we did, I just wish that big sis was still here." Breaking eye contact with the angel, Alec looked down before continuing. "Ever since she left I've just been so lonely..." For the three years she'd been gone, he had never found anyone to take her place as his friend.

Being an only child, she had little insight as to Alec's sadness but wanted to help regardless. Diana slowly stood up before reclining on the bench next to Alec "Don't worry, I'm here for you any time you need." She spoke softly while wrapping her arm and her wing around his back. Diana recalled when her mother did this for her and felt guilty knowing she could never enjoy that same cozy feeling ever again.

Last edited:
Smiling, Alec's spirits and gaze lifted. "Thanks Diana, that means a lot to me." He lightly leaned on her shoulder, immensely glad that he found someone that cared about him. Although he definitely had a crush on her, her support as a friend meant everything to him. As Alec's eyes met hers once again, he noticed something different. "Hey are you okay?"

Diana shook off her spaced out look. "Hmm? I'm fine I'm just thinking... about my mother." She said in a quiet voice.

"Ah! Don't worry my parents are both fine, I'm just reminiscing." She lied "My mother was the one who taught me how to fly, you know." She continued. "I always loved soaring through the air side by side."

Roger and Hisato-

With a slight groan Hisato sat up and opened his eyes. Looking around he saw he was in a room he was unfamiliar with, memories of using the explosion popped back into his head and he reasoned that he must be in the nurses office. The weird part of this for Hisato was that other then some mental exhaustion his body felt perfectly fine. Looking around again he saw Otto laying in a nearbye bed and a man he didn't know relaxing at the desk. Roger taking notice of the boy waved his hand, "Welcome back to the world of the walking. Your match is on hold until he wakes up but you should probably head over to the observation room and check with Miss Inoue." the older man said. Hisato grabbed his helmet and looked at the man, "Thank you" he said and headed off to the observation room. Upon arriving at the Observation room he would approach Sora, "Excuse me Miss Inoue where am I headed to now for the third match?" he asked.
That Lass Over There That Lass Over There

Seeing her like this, Alec felt a broad smile encompass his face. "Sounds like you miss doing that with her. I can imagine that experiencing that has to be inspiring." The unsettling thought of being high in the sky was overwhelmed by the thought of what that experience meant to Diana. Although he wished he could just stay like this for much longer, he realized that there were still tests going on. He sighed contentedly before bringing it up and getting on his feet. "We should head back to the observing room... Though I really liked this." Nodding to himself in agreement, he turned and readied to walk back to where everyone else was.
Netherdragon Netherdragon

"It really was." Diana stood up, stretching her wings downard and her arms upward as Alec walked ahead. "Yeah, it is about that time, and I agree. Any time you want to chat or hang out, let me know." She smiled. She waited for some space between the two of them before quickly taking flight and grabbing Alec by his arms. Diana continued casually flying back to the observation room at a moderate pace. She continued talking to Alec as though they were just walking side by side. "I wonder how the heroes plan to breach the villians' defenses. Though at the same time, I'll probably be rooting for Reign and her teammate to win again." Diana completely ignored Alec's flailing as she hummed to herself the rest of the way, throwing in a few sharp turns and loops just for fun.

Snapping himself back to reality when the thought crossed his mind about the next match he looks around the room again to see if anyone had noticed him spacing out for as long as he did. Luckily it seemed that everyone was too concerned with talking to their cliques that they had already formed in their few days together. He realized that he hadn't really spoken or even introduced himself to anyone but Diana and figured he should at least talk to a few other people in the class.

Walking up to random classmates he began with a smile and introduced himself, offering his hand for a handshake to each. He would spend approximately 2 to 5 minutes with each just making random conversation while he attempted to get to know them all better. Someone more paranoid might think he was simply gathering intel on those he would be competing against but that was the furthest thing from his mind. He was trying to make friends since they would be spending the next few years of their lives together in the classrooms and the competitions.

"... Let's wait. That matchup was probably the best to challenge Laura and the others involved." Sora wasn't exactly an impatient person, so waiting for a few minutes didn't bother her, and they still had a good amount of time to burn for the class since it was a smaller than usual group this year. "Go ahead and do your heal-y thing, we've got time." She stepped back from the podium and sat in one of the office chairs in the room, leaning back in the chair and kicking her feet when she almost lost balance, somehow recovering. It actually looked kinda funny and childish, reinforced by the dumb grin on her face.

Reign breathed in, breathed out, and calmed down. The shock of the new m*********** material was intense, but she gathered herself and put on the guise of a respectable human being once more. She made her way over to Laura, who was trying not to look at her or breathe the same air as her. "Hey there... Laura, right? I think it's a shame that we're enemies in this match, but every time I remember that I'm against such a beauty it just makes me want to go on the offensive." She gave a playful smirk, looking over Laura's body once and gaining precise measurements. She was confident in her ability to get it within three centimeters, and the prospects were promising.

Laura just backed away slowly from the lech, not responding and not making eye contact - the proper way to deal with predators you meet in the woods, so she's been told. Unfortunately for her, this wasn't the woods, and Reign wasn't that type of predator.
Snapping himself back to reality when the thought crossed his mind about the next match he looks around the room again to see if anyone had noticed him spacing out for as long as he did. Luckily it seemed that everyone was too concerned with talking to their cliques that they had already formed in their few days together. He realized that he hadn't really spoken or even introduced himself to anyone but Diana and figured he should at least talk to a few other people in the class.

Walking up to random classmates he began with a smile and introduced himself, offering his hand for a handshake to each. He would spend approximately 2 to 5 minutes with each just making random conversation while he attempted to get to know them all better. Someone more paranoid might think he was simply gathering intel on those he would be competing against but that was the furthest thing from his mind. He was trying to make friends since they would be spending the next few years of their lives together in the classrooms and the competitions.
Laura was grateful for the interruption to her and Reign's interaction, but she had no idea how to talk to the new arrival called Daisuke. "... I'm Laura." That, in her small, nervous voice, was all she could manage. Reign, meanwhile, walked away, having said what she wanted to say. She was a little disappointed that there wasn't an opportunity to have some fun teasing Laura, but she was sure that she would be able to have some fun during or after the match. She also just gave Daisuke her name (which he probably already knew) and shooed him away, though for a much different reason than Laura.

Sora waited, and waited, and waited, and had a close call with falling over in the office chair one more time before she looked at a clock and shrugged. "Otto isn't waking up fast enough..." But, even though it had been a randomly selected match up, she couldn't think of a better one to test Laura with. Reign already set the difficulty bar high, so adding Diana or Jade wouldn't make for much of a test at all, but there were too many reasons to not use Violet and it felt like Alec wouldn't make this a very good test either. She'd feel bad about having Daisuke, what she felt would be the second best choice, go again after what Reign did to him, especially since Reign would be his team mate if she did ask him to replace Otto. Well, I guess not everything can be perfect. The first match wasn't very fair, either. "Alec, could you take Otto's place in the next match? So that we can move on with our day and go get lunch."

Duke of Doge Duke of Doge Dante Verren Dante Verren -Mork- -Mork- Netherdragon Netherdragon AvidElmV2 AvidElmV2 GreatSaiyaman31 GreatSaiyaman31

Smiling brighter when Laura deigned to respond to him he greeted her. "Nice to meet you Laura..."

Being cut off and rudely shooed away by Reign he resisted. Turning to face her he continued to talk to her.

"Reign, thank you for a good match. At least I didn't lose by running out of time. Thanks for that. Just so you know I'm not giving up. If we face each other again I will beat you. I won't make excuses for losing this time. I will improve as I'm sure you probably will too."

Last edited:
"Yeah yeah, go and try that with some other girl and they might swoon. Or hit you. I don't care though, just so long as you do your job as a hero." Reign continued waving her hand to gesture Daisuke away, wishing he would get the hint and leave her alone. Heroic resolutions and the such were to be made to oneself or the woman one is chasing, not some misandrist like her. It was just annoying to her ears since he was stating the obvious.

"Just showing gratitude. Heaven forbid you get sidetracked from chasing tail," he replied before walking off to move onto the next introduction.

Shaking his head thinking about Reign he quickly recovers and smiles for the next classmate that he introduces himself too. No need to let his day be ruined by one negative Nancy. His mission was to make friends and he knew before hand that he wouldn't be able to befriend everyone. Not everyone clicks obviously. He did his best to give a positive first impression however to each new person he met.

Alec hadn't been in the viewing room for long when he was suddenly called in to take Otto's place, since he didn't seem to wake up as quickly as everyone else had. He very hesitantly agreed to be in the next match. This could easily be one more reason for someone to make fun of him, or he could somehow maybe redeem himself with it. Walking around, he found Reign and gave her a small smile. "Would you mind if I take offense? I sincerely don't think you want me on defense." If he could get the heroes to chase his tail and waste their time on him, then he could possibly prove to be somehow useful. Knowing full well how bad at hand to hand combat he was, Alec wished he'd gotten the chance to have some training with Diana already. Shaking the thoughts of doubt, he pulled himself out of his head and back to reality.

"Alright, thank you Alec. Remember, this is an extra credit match for you, so don't stress if you can't perform your best." Sora was relieved that Alec had accepted, since he was the best option to replace Otto from a teaching standpoint... From what she could currently think of, at least. "Alright, both teams head to the second testing building! Let's get this done and head to lunch."
Dante Verren Dante Verren -Mork- -Mork-

"Hmm~ I wanted to be on offense too, though. How about this, I'll go after Laura, and you occupy Hisato... Take him out, if you can." Reign honestly didn't have any intention of winning this extra credit match, so leaving the bomb unguarded was fine with her as long as she got to have fun. And, well, it was a bit mean, but she didn't expect much from Alec. He didn't seem to have enough power to overcome his lack of experience and tricks, based on his confrontation with Violet. Otherwise, he would have never been caught, and he might even have beat Violet if he were tricky enough. All she expected from him was a diversion. "I don't know about the full extent of Hisato's powers, but what he's shown so far I'm essentially immune to. Shockwaves would just reflect when they meet particles that refuse to move, after all..." Reign pushed up her glasses, a devilish grin on her face as she was getting into character once again. "Since Laura is an unknown, I'll take care of her first. Ah, since neither of us are defending, how about we leave the bomb on the fifth floor? No, well, Laura might have some way to climb like Violet did, so maybe 4th or 3rd floor would be best."
-Mork- -Mork-

Alec was left feeling a little iffy about leaving the bomb unguarded, but since it was only extra credit he didn't terribly mind. Nodding, he replied. "I'm guessing that third floor might be best." Thinking back to the mention of shock waves, he recalled feeling a tremor in the building when he was dealing with Violet. Gulping in anticipation, he tried to think of how he could possibly incapacitate Hisato. Getting lost in his head, as usual, he at the least knew that he had to stay by the windowed halls and that he'd need to somehow fair well in hand to hand. He really wished that he'd gotten time to train with Diana before this...

"Third floor it is, then. If you run into Hisato and Laura is with him, be sure to let me know over the comms." Reign looked on for a few moments, watching Alec sink into his thoughts just a little amused by how seriously he was taking this, before walking off into another section of the building. She planned to wait with the bomb until she got the confirmation from Alec of whether or not Laura was with Hisato.
-Mork- -Mork-

Laura looked up at the building in front of her and Hisato, feeling even more intimidated than she already had been. It was made even worse by the fact that her mind was trying to distract her by reminding her that her current costume, after the changes the design company made, was showing off a lot of her legs and exposing some of her chest. It made her wonder if it was industry standard to sexualize female heroes even just a little, and made her really uncomfortable. "...I could climb up." The thought came out of nowhere, bursting out of her mouth as she tried to divert her attention to literally anything other than the anxiety, fear, and embarrassment she was feeling. But, now she was embarrassed and anxious about bursting out like that and what criticisms Hisato might respond to that thoughtless idea with.
Dante Verren Dante Verren

Standing in front of the second test building Hisato ran different strategies through his head. What would he be able to do in this situation. Alec would be more annoying then anything and he doubted the boy would prove to much of a problem. Hisato just needed to make sure that he didn't get forced into a corner if he ended up fighting the boy. Reign was a whole different story. He didn't know how well his shock waves could do against her so his best bet was to transfer energy throughout his own body to make himself faster and hopefully out maneuver the girl. Either that or he could try and tire her out with a continuous assault assuming she didn't knock him out instantly like with Daisuke. What could he do to keep Laura safe and out of Reign's reach? He doubted that she would be to hard on Laura but having any of his classmates other then himself going up against that much raw power was not something he wanted to happen.

When she brought up the idea of climbing the building Hisato pondered it for a moment. It was the same trick Violet used so it likely wouldn't work at least it wouldn't work going in through the fifth floor. "Entering in through the fifth would be a bad idea but going in through the fourth might work. Search the fourth floor first, then hit the fifth. Unless you find the bomb it will give me time to search the first and second floors. If we don't find it on the bottom two or top two then its on the third floor where if everything goes well we can perform a pincer strike." Even though this was extra credit for him this was still the real deal for Laura and considering the fact that he had no idea how to beat Reign or keep her away from Laura he needed to come up with a plan to win the match and so far that was the plan he had come up with thanks to Laura's suggestion.

Looking over at Laura he gave her a nod. "What do you think of the plan?". He wanted his partner's input on this as he still really didn't know the scope of her abilities and if he was putting her in a situation where she was going to be at a disadvantage he wanted her to voice her opinion.

Laura was a bit surprised that the idea had been taken in with open arms, though she was a little curious as to why starting on the fourth floor was better than starting on the fifth... She hadn't seen any sign of that in the match where Violet climbed up. It made much more sense to start on the fifth floor so that she wouldn't have to backtrack. "... That... That'll work." She was extremely careful with her words. "And, well, that works... Since I can't take you up with me, and..." She paused for a moment, feeling like she might end up offending him, before waving over his partially armor covered body. "... I designed my hero costume to help me with stealth missions, so... Having you split up with me... Would make it a little easier for me, in a few ways." She looked away timidly, hoping she hadn't hurt any feelings.

Dante Verren Dante Verren

Just barely getting out of his head before Reign was gone, he nodded and replied. "Alright, got it." He positioned himself somewhere on the first floor, obviously near some windows, and mentally prepared himself to fight. There was no lying about it; he was total garbage in anything even resembling legitimate combat. For his whole life, he had the ability to just teleport away from any threats. Now he decided that if he ever wanted to be a real hero, he would definitely need to learn something other than running away. Waiting patiently around a few corners from the entrance, Alec anxiously readjusted his cape in anticipation.
That Lass Over There That Lass Over There Dante Verren Dante Verren

Hisato nodded his head in satisfaction. "Understood" he said as he raised his helmet and placed it onto his head. "Let me know if you run into are opponents or need assistance, and good luck." Haveing said what he needed to say he clicked the button on his helmet and he visor slid closed. Making sure not to say it out loud like he did with Violet he made a small mental prayer for forgiveness. It wasn't anything complex just another simple Don't hate me for this. Taking a deep breathe he closed his eyes and concentrated on controlling his breathing for the next minute, Once the orders to start rang into his ear he opened his eyes and took off into the first floor of the building.

Jogging into the first floor Hisato made no attempt to be quiet. Rather he made sure he was making a decent amount of noise. He braced himself for an ambush, the battle with Otto had reminded him to be more aware of whats around him during these test. His main objective for scouring the first floor would be to try and find reign to keep her occupied, second objective would be to locate Alec and hopefully capture him, third would be the bomb. With his plan in mind he began to search the 1st floor.
That Lass Over There That Lass Over There -Mork- -Mork-

Diana tilted her head as she observed the screen. "Interesting, electing to leave the bomb completely unguarded." Diana mused. "I suppose it could work, provided they stall long enough." Diana closed her eyes in thought. It may have been safer to let Alec scout out and prod Laura to discover her powers, since most powers rely on such a nature that he'd be able to teleport out of range. I wonder if this strategy puts them at a disadvantage, or if they're already at a disadvantage overall.

Laura snuck around the base of the building, going around the back and looking around, but their sadly weren't any of those fire-escape stair/ladder things that she wasn't quite sure what to call them... Anyways, what mattered was that an easy way up didn't exist. She hadn't wanted to go up this way, but she didn't have much of a choice since she wasn't confident in her parkour skills... Or, well, any of her physical skills. She took off the armored boots and thigh-high socks of her costume, leaving her legs bare, and she also adjusted her arm guards a little so that they would be out of her way. Then, she started to produce adhesives and stuck to the wall like a spider, slowly climbing up by using an extremely weak acid to dissolve the glue when she needed to move her hand or foot up the wall. When she reached the fifth floor and was clinging to the wall outside of a window, she freed her right hand and reached down to one of her waist pouches, pulling out a senbon and holding it above the glass, her index finger placed at the back of it. She braced herself for a bit of pain and shock, and then started producing nitroglycerin on her fingertip and detonated it. She winced as her arm flew back out of her control and she felt the pain of the point blank impact of the expanding air, but she got lucky since the falling glass didn't cut her and she didn't get burned from the small explosion. She hoped that she had managed to go unnoticed, having tried her best to keep silent, but shattering the window definitely would have alerted anyone on the fifth floor.

@ Nobody just yet

Reign walked loops around the bomb, already bored just a few minutes in. She wanted Laura to pop up already so that she could have a little roleplaying fun, or maybe just tease her a little. "Hey, Alec, you found them yet? No sign of anyone here." This was probably the fifth time she had checked in in the last two minutes. She just wanted to know where the fun was at, because it certainly wasn't covering the door with her immovable graphene. That was extremely boring, so with the bad taste of what she did to Daisuke left in her mouth the first round was just a bad memory. She didn't want that to happen again. But seriously, I expected him to not be near the door when I openned it. Like, I'm obviously going to shoot if I do open the door, so why would you immediately try to charge in without support of a physical quirk? Jeez.

-Mork- -Mork-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back