Metal Gear Rising: Tactical Cooperative Action - Second Party

DrBones

Promise Nothing Deliver Less
Additional IC for Metal Gear Rising: Tactical Cooperative Action

Because I'm working with a mission-based roleplaying system and upwards of six players at once, I feel that the best way to solve any problems involving players getting confused about which squad they're a part of and where they are is to instance a separate IC for alternate squads.

See Main Thread: https://www.rpnation.com/threads/metal-gear-rising-tactical-cooperative-action.80714/

"I...Guess this is it. Hm. Maybe paperwork won't be so far away." Takeshi said, looking up to the top of the enormous skyscraper standing before him. A sedan was also less than what he expected as company transport, but he still preferred it over a lumbering diesel truck. Taking his time walking up the few steps to the entrance of the building, he marveled at the small little card he was given. "Wasp Sting International Military Contractors." Arriving at the glass doors to the building, Takeshi went for the revolving door and walked inside. The lobby was definitely something to marvel at. A beautiful modern art light fixture hung from the ceiling, shining down on the well waxed floor, with a receptionists desk in the corner across from a hallway leading to a bank of elevators. The receptionist was on a phone call, Takeshi quietly began to approach her, considering asking about as to why he was given all that instruction on how to shoot guns and throw grenades when he was sent to an office, something he already knew how to do.

Approaching the woman at the reception desk, Takeshi stared at her; waiting for the phone call to be finished. From what he could hear it was just apparently about someone trying to schedule a meeting, but then again, he wasn't hearing what was on the other end. Checking his watch, Takeshi waited; not wanting to interrupt the woman for fear of loosing face and starting off on the wrong foot with someone he might see every day for the rest of his career.

The woman at the desk, sparing a glance away from her riveting phone conversation, looks Takeshi over. Without even looking, she presses a button on her desk. A rather innocuous door at the east end of the hallway opens up automatically, and the receptionist lazily points Takeshi towards it. Her job completed, she goes back to staring blankly and jabbering into her phone. The sheer laziness with which she had done all this is absurdly mechanic, as if the receptionist herself was just another appliance.

"Thanks...I guess..." Takeshi says, both confused and worried by the actions of the receptionist, her actions falling well within the uncanny valley. Turning towards the door, he moved with a modest pace; the small bag of few belongings he had swaying as he did. Upon arriving at the door, he cautiously peered in before stepping inside.

“This, is a step up.” Purple Platypus said as he surveyed his new workspace. True, anything is a step up when you've been in the back alley division of cybernetics, but this was the big leagues, it was clean, it was spacious, it had running water, an actual coffee machine and the surgical tools weren't kept in a urine soaked backpack, this place was classy.

"What the..." Takeshi said, the dark hallway being quite intimidating. Stepping further in, the door that had been opened by the receptionist closed behind him, trapping him in the hallway. "Hello?! Hey! I can't see!" Takeshi looked forward, seeing a crack of light. "Okay..Left foot...Right foot.." Takeshi repeated in his head, still fumbling in the darkness as he drew nearer to the crack. Upon arriving at the crack after a few fright filled steps, he felt what was ahead of him, sensually sliding his fingers down the slab of what felt to be metal before finding an outcropping. "A push bar!" Takeshi pushed against the bar, the heavy metal door eventually opening as he applied more effort upon it.

As you cross the threshold of the door, you find yourself in a scene strongly reminiscent of a science fiction movie. Black marble ringed with blue LED strips branching off in two separate directions. From one direction, the familiar sound of heavy industry blares. From another, you can faintly hear an electrical humming.

Before you can make a decision, a stern voice resounds across the room. "Attention new employee, please head to the
west wing for an equipment check and full employee induction. Thank you."

"Man. That voice was pretty stern. Better do what it says." Obeying the command from above, Takeshi took the left path towards the west, following it towards the noise.

"Fufufufufufufufufufufufufufufufufu! Today is great start for the glory of me!" Dong said in bubbly high pitch as he prance-glid across the ground and into the sliding doors of the building ahead. He had scarcely bothered to remember the name or specific details other than they fight. A skill which has honed much like the point of his needles over a lengthy period of time. A gentle breeze seemed to have followed his entrance for his Qipao and long hair fluttered while he stood in front of the receptionist.

Platypus relaxed in a very comfortable chair and took a swig from his hip flask. Sure, the alcohol had no effect whatsoever on his cybernetic body, but he'd been a drinker all his life and he wasn't going to stop now. Besides, with enough time and money he could probably whip something up to simulate the effects. He'd have to earn his employers trust by working on their requests before he could get away with pet projects like that, but hey, nothing wrong with advancing the cause of science for fun and profit. Although it wouldn't be all fun and games, there would be those, what do you call them, things you operate on but leave alive, patients. Yes patients, lots of questions and complaints and expectations of a certain standard of, uuugh, bedside manner.

Better practice the fake smile. He thought.

Wily Rat looked up from the newspapers he was reading, as if peeking up from the trench to stare into no-man's-land as his gaze shifted to the lady-like man at the counter, and quivered back behind the overly large magazines to hide from the FABULOUSNESS emanating from Dongfang. "Oooh great, that's who I'm going to be working with, innit. Fuck me running. Wonder what his codename is, "Killer Queen" or something, God." Stopping himself from his soliloquy to give the guy another look over, he quickly realized his mistake. "I swear, three of the employees they hired in the last week look like they'd fucking pose once they catch a spotlight."

"Alright, first day on my new job. Hopefully I'll get something simple like guard duty." Silver Mole stepped into the building's lobby, standing in front of the receptionist. To his right was... who the hell was this guy? He didn't look like a cyborg, he looked more like one of those Japanese pop singers if anything.

"Uh... You're an employee here too, then?"

Last edited by a moderator:
The bald man folded the corner of the large newspaper he was holding to get a peep at the fresh-from-the-doorway employee. Look at him, someone neither outrageous nor claiming they're the Queen of England, noice. That's a first all day. He idly checked his phone to further hide himself behind things, when he noticed the time. It was almost the deadline to report in! Crap, he had been sitting around far too long. He wouldn't want to start a job off on the wrong foot by being late. But did he want this job, occupied almost exclusively by lunatics such as Dongfang?...

... Yeah, he's seen worse. Hasn't worked with worse for long, but he's definitely seen worse. Maybe they'll scramble squads or something. Having been through with hiding, he closed the newspaper, took his one last breath to steel himself, got up and got in line for the receptionist's desk.

The receptionist looked up at the small crowd sitting in the waiting area. Her eyes fixated unusually at each person, flicking from one to the other in a way that sank deep into the uncanny valley. When she finished her scanning, she smiled unconvincingly. Pressing a seemingly random button on her desk, a door at the right end of the lobby quietly opened. She opened her mouth and spoke, but her lips didn't quite match her words.

"
Attention all new employees, please enter the door on your right for processing and deployment. Thank you!"

A small array of bright blue LED lights turned on, forming a simple dotted path through the door and beyond. Evidently, the company didn't want to invest in actual troop containment centers...

Dongfang floated along to the room radiating pure FABULOUS as he made way past the others. Achiveing a floating lotus position he closed his eyes awaiting further instruction.

Silver Mole took a look at the uncanny receptionist, then the door that opened. "Huh, I guess I've already got the job." He headed for the debriefing room, walking alongside the weird Asian guy.

He waited as the two men before him left the line to go down the doorway, standing beside the receptionist's desk. He stood there, for a moment, feeling the inside of his cheek with his tongue as he looked around before meeting the cold gaze of the receptionist. An uncomfortable second was all it took for him to slowly make his way behind the other two to the doorway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back