• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Messaging More than 20 Members

Lexielai

Cal Bear
Hello!

I had a couple questions regarding communication on this website. Both the groups and conversation infrastructure that is set up appears to only allow for messaging with up to 20 members. In that case, if I wanted to communicate with more than 20 but keep the messaging private, how would I go about that? We're going to plan some birthday surprise for members of our roleplay, but we'd rather the recipients not know xD .

Thanks in advance,

Lexielai

@The Administration may be able to help you with that. As I learned just recently, conversations ban be tabbed (but users cannot request for tabs in conversations because they are private and mods cannot see them). That way you can have two convos that everyone can see and bypass the 2o person limit.

Interesting, I look forward to seeing what sort of solution they may be able to present. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Actually, I may just be able to help you off hand. I can create two message with you, tab them, and then leave. :) Just let me know.

Or rather, you can start the convo with me.

Lexielai said:
Interesting, I look forward to seeing what sort of solution they may be able to present. Thanks for taking the time to respond.
Musician said:
Actually, I may just be able to help you off hand. I can create two message with you, tab them, and then leave. :) Just let me know.
I am looking into a solution.

Lexi, simply start, two separate conversations with me. I can handle the rest. :)

Lexielai said:
Okay, @Miz I'd still be interested in hearing other options if possible. I may want to do this again in the future.
The option I have is to private message an account called @Conference User - Give him the list of names you want to have in the private message.

He will then be able to invite the total number.

Lexielai said:
@Miz I'll give it a shot the next time I try then. Thanks for looking into it.
As a guideline for future users, make sure you post in Admin Contact before you use that option. That account is not regularly checked.

No, I left the conversation! Good luck with the birthday planning! :)

Okay, we tested out the tab thing. It seem I'm the only one who's able to see both tabs of the conversation, and everyone else only sees one. I suspect it's because people in one conversation do not have the privileges that allow them to see the other conversation that they were not invited to. Luckily we've managed to make it work and have finished our birthday stuff, but I wanted to give you some feedback on how it did ;)

Yes, you would need to invite everyone to both if you wanted them to see both tabs. I'm glad you were able to figure it out though!

So as a compromise to the 20 people rule to Private Messages. If somebody wishes to make a PM conversation with more than 20 people than you need to make a Conference Private Message.

Conference Private Messages

Conference PMs can be created by request to the Administration. To do this, please go to Admin Contact and list the follow:

• The subject of your Private Message
  • The reason for why you need this Conference Message (Birthday planning, etc.)
  • The list of users you want to have invited
  • What you want the first message to say (Optional)

Assuming your account has no warning points or disciplinary measures assigned to it and your reason for the conference makes sense, you should receive a private message by @Conference User with all the listed users invited.

Please understand though that a Conference Conversation can be monitored by the Site Staff and all Site Rules apply to the messages shared.

If you have any further questions or issues, you are free to ask them directly to Admin Contact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back