• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Member Roles issue

Olissa

One Thousand Club
I've encountered one major problem with the member roles.

Any created member roles seem to be tied to the non-member's permissions.

I created multiple member roles with different privileges (one being able to invite new members and the other with no added privileges)

Afterward I went to the "Manage Forums" section to give each role different permissions within certain forums. Clicked all that I needed, and hit 'Save'.

I was prompted with the message that it was saved, but just to be certain I went back and checked.

All I had done was undone. The only permissions that remained were the ones that were the same as for the non-members.

If I then gave non-members a permission the member roles did not have, save and return, ALL member roles suddenly were allowed that permission.

I am really interested in using this feature of setting permissions for members that join in, but if the roles are faulty I can't use it.

Am I doing something wrong? I followed the precise steps of the RP creating tutorial, but maybe there's something I missed? Or is it a known bug?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back