Melody's Medicine and Hospice House

Bunn

Fantasy Nut
`•.,¸,• •,¸,.•´ ´°ï¦ï°` `•.,¸,• •,¸,.•´ `•.,¸,• •,¸,.•´ `•.,¸,••,¸,.•´ `•.,¸,• •,¸,.•´ `•.,¸,• •,¸,.•´ ´°ï¦ï°` `•.,¸,• •,¸,.•´

•.,¸,• . . . . . . . . . . . •.,¸,•

AictoKu.png

•.,¸,• . . . . . . . . . . . •.,¸,•

Medicine and Hospice Care
On the outside it seems like a small home, two stories with a garden near it, growing various herbs of kinds that might not have been frequent in the area besides bringing it in. Most seemed like typical ones, but bright orange poppies and mint leaves that could be used for medical purposes. To the right of the home is a small, covered stable that holds a Mare. The home itself is nicely taken care of, besides of the typical stray set of weeds here and there.

The main section of the building consists of a small kitchen to the left side and upon entering there is a table where a bundle of fresh flowers sits neatly in a clay vase. It has fur rugs covering the wooden floors and to the right are three archways with a cotton cloth covering the entrance to a small room with most beds made of hay and a tight cover to keep it from protruding their stuffing but one is made out of sheep wool and covered with a similar cotton cover. Each one had a clay pitcher of water and a bowl for water food that may have been made ranging from fruits to soups with a savory but helpful broth.

The entire area was obviously taken care of, and very neat. To the side was a cabinet with glass covering the front that showed a woven basket with a number of bandages tightly wound in their individual; sizes for any injuries that may need them, a small mortar and pestle made of heavy stone, and various other supplies. Below the window that is in the kitchen, a shelf with small potted plants in clay holdings sit so they can continue to grow with held of the sun. An aloe plant sits mighty and a bundle of pretty daisies.

Melody's home

In the back of the main section, a stairway up to the upper floors sits with a curtain covering the entrance. Above is a rather modest room through furnished with care to make it more cozy than lush. The bed was more expensively made than the ones downstairs in the rooms made to hold injured that needed to spend extra time with her. She had a small dresser which held her limited about of clothing a wash basin and a mirror. Beside the basin, a bookshelf was littered with books of all types and tightly packed, as well as a tightly locked miniature chest.

proxy.php

Feel free to knock whenever. I am almost always around since I currently 'work' as an artist.

The Medicine and Hospice as well as Melody's home are two in one.
So feel free to stop by whenever as it would be known she is in this general vicinity.

Last edited:

ApOYm70.png

Melody approached the door to her home quietly, trying to think about the way she went about her rather vibrant outburst. Silently lashing at herself, she heard her horse whinny hungrily. Turning her head as the key to her home slipped into the lock, she decided that she really ought to feed her before eventually trying to relax. She yawned slightly as she pushed open the door carefully and let herself into the space what was her solace. Her one bit of solace and she might have to eventually run herself out again.

Her gaze lowered to the floors were a tiny mouse had found itself a home, and she didn't really mind. Over the past few nights of simply allowing herself the company of herself, she found that the small creatures living underneath her roof were quite pleasant. She fed them, they didn't destroy anything, it was quite the beneficial relationship- between both of them. Stepping up to her kitchen, she pulled down a rather nicely made mug, and left it on the counter for the time. She then went over to the basket of fresh fruits and veggies, and lifted a carrot from it, as well as an apple.

Stepping over to the clean counter, she set both down and began to rid herself of the weight of her bag and began to breathe, her fingertips coiling around the side of the rather nice wood that covered the top. Her left hand pulled aside a stone cutting board and laid it out parallel to her as well as a smooth edged cutting knife and began to cut into the apple, saving some for her as she was rather hungry.

Lifting some of the cut apple and then the carrot, she found her way outside once again, moving over to the stables where Cashmere was rather restless. She hadn't been out riding in nearly three days.

"Don't worry girl, we'll go riding again soon, alright?"

Cashmere simply snorted as her muzzle immediately went to the snack, quickly chomping on both as it whinnied it's thanks.

Last edited:
♘ Leona ♘

Leona had sat in the same spot for a while, contemplating what to say with a sigh as her head lay in her hands. Rubbing her forehead she stood up and began the slow walk towards Melodys house. Her armour was heavy and that didn't help with her nerves. She rarely went to visit people, but being the clearly kind-heart soul, not, Leona wanted to apologise for her behaviour. Her paws were feet and she wasn't to sure why either, gazing down she'd seen a small but on the bottom of one of her feet. "Really.." Grumply she complained to herself before noticing she was closer to the house than she thought. Her head had so many thoughts running through her head. Why was she doing this? Was there any point in it? Was it something she should do?

It was slightly to late now, she was already at the beginning to the path of the small house. Leona gazed over it thinking it looked like a small old woman's home for a moment, but quickly she threw the thought away rubbing her forehead as she saw Melody feeding her horse. Not exactly comfortable around the beast Leona simple coughed before speaking. "Melody, wasn't it?" Her brows were furrowed and she wasn't really sure in how to approach it, so she kind of just spat it out. "Sorry for being so rude to you. New in town, should have had more respect to you." Leona's head nodded once, straight and firm without little movement in any other direction.

Melody had perked up slightly at the voice, looking over as he voice carried over to her from her
position by her Mare. She looked between the two, soon raising one of her fingertips to lightly run along
the horses nuzzle with most of her torso facing towards the woman in a show of respect towards her.

"Ah, please don't let it reign your mind for too long. Even a doctor can't hold the humblest
of welcomes."

Melody stood there for a moment as Cashmere are the last of the carrots and gave a small whinny
before turning her head and lowered the cream colored mane into the stall, drinking out of a water troft
that had needed to refilled before night come. Melody left a lingering pad as she then moved to wipe her
hands on the still bloody apron hanging from her torso. She bowed her head respectfully before she had
attempted to lighten the mood even if it was slightly.

"Leona, I would have you know.. I would love to have a scarecrow, but.. One with a
mane that stunning, would be too much- even for me."

She gave her a small smile as she moved forwards and away from the stalls, closer to both Leona
and the door, her pale gaze looking over the Lion-Kin.

"Had I have known I would have company, I would have already begun tonight's tea."

ApOYm70.png

@Kiowa

Last edited:
♘ Leona ♘

Leona wasn't sure how to react to the compliment. She was grateful for it, but wasn't sure in what to say in return. Clearly her throat with a small cough she smiled with a nod in thanks. "Well, one must look their best." Her ears twitched in different direction listening to the sounds around her, it often gave her face a rather intimidating look but her smile remained during it all. Taking a breath in she gazed round the property again looking to all the grass and small flowers around, the thought of a old woman's home popped back into her mind before Melody spoke again.

"Ah, don't worry. I mustn't stay. I have-..a few things to take care of."

Her head nodded, stumbling on her words she had a few plans back home. Everyone has their secrets, Leona had many. Most would shock others, and that's why she was so and headed most of the time.

"But as I said before, if let me know if you need help with-.. anything. No doubt Voleran will help out aswell, he's seems to have taken a rather bright shine to you."

A small smirk crept up onto Leona's lips, she was always good at poking into other peoples business, not meaning to, but she rather enjoy finding out what others had to hide.

Last edited by a moderator:
Melody smiled at the reaction thankful it had done what she intended for it to do. She bowed
her head in respect, though upon hearing of Voleran, Melody sighed faintly. She rose her hand to the
back of her neck, letting her fingertips massage into the skin momentarily. She sighed quietly as she
looked back up to her, nodding.

"That, I have no doubt of. I just truly hope his.. timing gets better."

She laughs faintly, the sound begin genuine as she let her eyes sweep over the golden coat of fur,
nodding quietly, though her gaze was a bit more probing than others might have been. Sighing, she
swept her hand around to her eye, letting her knuckles gently rub into the skin. Letting her hand fall,
she lets it lay over her forearm. She hung it in a relaxed manner, giving another very faint huff.

"That, I suppose, concludes this..? I don't wish to hold you up, you seem to be a
rather busy woman. Don't let the likes of me hold you up, though I am here to
relax if you ever happen to need it."

ApOYm70.png

@Kiowa

Last edited:
♘ Leona ♘

Clearing her throat once more Leona nodded gently to Melody, with a brief smile to her before she gazed round the area once more. 

"Yes, of-course. I do hope you enjoy your evening."

Leonas brows lifted as she said such, her smile returned for a moment before he nodded her head. Bowing slightly in respect she began to walk across the tone path leading out from Melodys home. It would take her long to reach back to the town square then down into the thick woods where it is rumoured for Leona to live. She'd never invited anyone there or told anyone except a few select people of where her home was and what she was actually living in, but none the less Leona was a private person.

It was dark in the room. No light emitted from any possible source. His breathing was becoming abnormal; heart rate climbed, all these signs mean't he we anticipating soemthing; something inevitable, something painful. All of a sudden a door opened to his right. The sudden brightness made him squint his eyes, trying to adjust to the light. Cloaked figures made their way into the room and following behind the cloaked figures was some sort of contraption that somebody would lay down on.  Getting up from his chair, Volaren walked over to the contraption and laid down; the wrist and ankle locks were then securely locked in place. Three needles were were inserted into his inner forearm, with long, thin flexible tubes connected to vials containing weirdly colored liquids. As the liquids were injected into his body, immense pain followed. Writhing and biting down on a piece of wood, Volaren experienced pain like none he had ever imagined eventually he closed his eyes and everything went silent. Opening his eyes Volaren was in a decently decorated bedroom. Wondering how he got here, Volaren got up out of bed and walked over to a small mirror near a window and looking at his reflection, Volaren immediately punched the mirror; the spider web cracked mirror showed that his eyes were no longer gold and radiant, instead they were a lifeless color devoid of energy or youth; black, as the darkest abyss. 

The charred remains of the town smoldered intensely. The attack happened a few days prior. It was one of the outlying towns the city state of Lothren constructed 200 years ago. It bordered the wilderness only a couple of miles away. Volaren and his squad of black-eyed operators searched the remains of the town for any signs of who conducted the attack, and their reason behind the attack. Volaren searching near the town square saw the backside of a dead woman hanging over the well in the middle of the town square. Walking around the well to get a look at the woman, Volaren was appalled to see the face of Melody. 

Shooting up from his pillow, Volaren was sweating beads. It has been years since he dreamed about the change. Walking over to his mirror and water bowl, Volaren took off his tunic revealing a lithe, but extremely well defined physique with scars of all lengths and sizes scattered across it. Noting the three small scars on his forearm which was where the injections were made, Volaren sighed with regret. 

Trying to push the nightmarish dreams to the back of his mind, Volaren decided to pay Melody a visit and maybe run into Leona. Because he sure as hell wasn't going to be getting any sleep anytime soon. Putting his tunic back on and buckling his sword on, Volaren walked out the door and headed towards Melody's home. 

Coming up to the door, Volaren was about to knock when he clearly saw Leona walking out of Melody's house. Deciding not to disturb Leona, Volaren announced himself and spoke loud enough for the woman to hear. "Melody it's me Volaren. I was wondering if I could come inside?" Volaren waited patiently for an answer. 

@Kasuu @Kiowa

Melody's hands had a butter knife in her grasp, beginning to smear a bit of fresh butter onto a piece of bread. Turning her head to the door, she used her hip to close a drawer that had been open. Her breath was quiet as she used her hand to open a small jar of jam, before thinking for a moment. Momentarily pausing herself, she called back to him, just loud enough for him to hear her.

"Come on in, Volaren."

She set down the jam and then looked to the door, using a rag to clean off her hands from the bread crumbs. From there, went over to the house stove which had a kettle on the top as she began to boil water. She shifted it as her fingertips shifted over the kettle, gently shaking it to get the water inside moving. She turned her head to the door again, seeing if he had walked through the door.

"Perhaps you would like some tea?"

She asked politely, her head cocked to the side slightly, reaching over to show him one of the mugs she had on the counter in front of her.

ApOYm70.png

@Twyllvarlais

Last edited:
Hearing that he could enter, Volaren stepped inside Melody's house. The inside was cozy and comfortable as he expected, looking over to the kitchen Volaren noted Melody boiling water. Upon hearing if he would like tea Volaren replied with a simple, "Sure why not." 

Seeing a chair right by the kitchen Volaren sat down and unbuckled his sword from his hip and rested it against the wall behind him. Volaren cleared his throat slightly and started up a conversation. "Miss Melody I want to apologize again for that inappropriate question I asked you earlier at the tavern. It was neither the time nor the place. I hope I didn't give you the wrong impression about me, seeing as you're somewhat new in town still. I'm normally not that careless, so again I apologize." 

Volaren felt relieved after apologizing to Melody. He hated leaving awkward tension between himself and another person. Deciding to add to the conversation before she could reply, Volaren also said, "Do you still want to take some physiological notes on me and Leona? Since I'm here we can knock that out if you want or at least start somewhere or if this isn't a good time for that we can talk about something else if you want. Also one more thing, do you have anything to help with sleep or suppress unpleasant dreams?" 

@Kasuu

Melody's eyes raise over to him as she quirks a brow at him. Sighing, she gives the signal
to pipe down. She offered a warm smile in his direction as she fills a metal, spherical contraption
carefully, the tea giving off whiffs of a sweet nature, though still had the strong notes as well. She
oon lowered it into a pot and let it hang over the edge easily. Moving about the kitchen in her bare
feet, she moved about rather casually.

"Everything has it's own time and place, Voleran. It just so happened to be that we
you and I were simply in two very, very different places."

She lifted a small jar and poured some cream into it from a rather tightly sealed jar. She has
very small things of perishables so she can always buy or make more if should the time come to
her. She looks up to him as she set everything on a sturdy wooden tray, bringing it over to the table
and slowly setting it onto it, the two empty cups on it's surface.

"As far as notes are concerned.. I believe I simply want to relax for tonight, But I
will eventually wish to, that is certain. Though you can learn a lot by simply observing.
Such as Leona. She has many well developed muscles. Due to that, injuring her with a
blunt object wouldn't be as effective as a dense, bladed object. There's much I've already
taken down."

She sighed as she went back to to the stove, and listened for the kettle, her blue eyes looking over
the surface. She used a rag to cover the surface of the handle and lifted it, using a spoon to open the mouth
of it, pouring the hot water into basin that was the teapot, completely drenching the dried tea leaves.

ApOYm70.png

@Twyllvarlais

Last edited:
Volaren's pitch black eyes carefully noting the grace that Melody exihibited as she moved to and from in the kitchen. Noting her reply, Volaren was taken back by her maturity. A young human girl with this much composure and wisdom totally left Volaren somewhat in shock; but in a positive way. Smiling at Melody as she brought over things to put in the tea, Volaren listened as she gave him a brief glimpse of what she learned of Leona's physiology just from observing her. Slightly nodding, Volaren responded. 

"I'm impressed. Not many people would take note of Leona's physiology in that regard", some reason Volaren became more serious than usual. Looking directly at Melody, Volaren's black eyes intricately noted everything about Melody's composure the way she looked him, her slight hand movements as she spoke to him. He could hear her heart beating at a steady calm rhythm, and her breathing was fine as it should be in a comfortable environment. 

"For a human your age, you're quite intuitive Melody. Almost too intuitive," Volaren continued to stare at Melody, not in a threatening or cold way, but merely in a observing way. 

@Kasuu

Melody's lips had curled into a smile as she looked over to him from the tea,

using the same rag to help bring over the pot. She set it down for a moment, as she shook

her head lightly, the smile remaining on her freckled face- the dimple leaving it's short indent.

"Not everyone is responsibel for someone should something happen to them, Voleran."

Her eyes shifted at the comment he made, huffing out air in a sign of acknowledgement

as well as a bit of a laugh. She continued to set out everything. Her bare feet carry her over to the

other side f the table, her fingertips lift a dry spoon to pour a noticeable amount of sugar into a cup

as well as some of the cream. Though she left it bare as she allowed the tea to seep for a little while

longer.

"I am afraid that my past had lead to some of that. I am very.. Thankful for the way I was raised. As to

answer your question, I haven't been in the capital for.. How old even am I.."

She let out another short laugh, her hand raising to the back of her neck, thinking.

"If I can remember I am 21.. So I left not long after my seventeenth spring. I am afraid that if you were

there just a couple years ago I think you might have seen another blonde. Also!"

She stood again as she moved her feet into the floor. Removing a key from around her neck,

she moved it into a lock on a locked, tall cabinet. Upon opening it, she removed what looked like a tome

with large lettering on it being - Compounded by Influences of the Capital : Doctoral Studies Commission.

She opened it as she turned back to him, letting herself sway over to the table, her eyes locked against the

words as she reads.

"Dreams.. I don't frequent them, though I know most do. Ah, here it says, 'Leafy greens and hearty stews

can help with dreams in studies made. Though the reasoning is unclear, it typically helps the consumer gain

more restful sleep when it eludes them.' I hope this helps you a little bit, if you can read, I can let you read

more closely into it. Since I mostly study anatomy, things such as this do tend to escape my thought. For that,

I apologize that I cannot give you anything too in depth."

ApOYm70.png

@Twyllvarlais

Volaren grabbed the teapot and poured a bit if tea into his cup and added some sugar and cream. Taking a sip Volaren listened to what Melody said about Volaren's suspected encounter with Melody. He noted how she tried to play it off, but Volaren knew his memory was spot on. Not giving to much credence to her comment he simply replied with a short, "Yeah I guess you're probably right it has been a few years." 

Volaren continued to to drink his tea as Melody brought out a book on remedies for sleep problems and bad dreams. He listened carefully as she read the lines and then out of nowhere she basically implied that he couldn't read. Volaren chuckled as she finished and shook his while drinking the last of his tea. Looking Melody dead in her eyes, Volaren said, "Thank you Melody I'll have to keep that in mind before I go to sleep next time. Though you are interesting, you don't think I can read? What do I look like orc or a barbarian to you? For someone as apparently educated as you miss Melody, you should know about elven culture and science. I am a high born elf by the way, though as you can already imagine I didn't find any interest in politics or science. Plus despite my very youthful appearance I'm more than likely older than your grandfather if he is still alive, if he isn't I'm sorry." 

@Kasuu

Melody's smiles as she hears his reaction to her small jab, nodding at him as

she lowers the book to him for how, nodding at him. She shifts slightly, beginning to

lift the teapot carefully, tipping it over into the mug for a moment, her smile remaining,

though very faint. 

"You are right. My grandfather died when I was about 13 years old. One of the youngest

deaths to occur within our family line surprisingly.. It is st-"

She paused as she lowered the teapot, a faint laugh echoing through her

emptily before looking up to him, her shoulders shrugging lightly. 

"Was still debated as far as I could tell. As far as you not being able to read, I prefer not to

assume one's initial knowledge. But I suppose you are Elven. No need in underestimating

you anymore, is there Voleran?"

Melody smiled behind her mug after it was risen to her lips, beginning to

take a short sip of it as her eyes searched him for whatever reaction he might have at

the small jab at his ego, her eyes scanning him. After everything, she sat back in the

chair across from him, trying to avoid the possible encounter from their pasts, simply

remaining in the quiet, her usually rounded shoulders squared up- silently hoping he

wouldn't approach the question any longer.

ApOYm70.png

@Twyllvarlais

"Haha no, I guess not Melody. I'm sorry about your grandfather. Losing someone so important in your life at such a young age can be difficult. I remember when my father died at the age of 756, I was only 5 years old. Granted he was pretty old, but still. I have very few memories of how. Teaching me how to walk and read, and even how to wield a sword, but he died of a strange disease. Even our doctors couldn't even figure what it was. We elves have a completely different immune system compared yours, a humans." 

Volaren poured more tea and skimmed through the book that Melody put on the table. After a few minutes of awkward silence, Volaren finished his tea, he decided to speak once again. "If maybe you're wondering about elven anatomy or physiology you should know that my eyes are not natural in the slightest. When I joined the Lothren special forces, which is the city state I was born in, I was already pre-selected to join a secret company within the special forces, the Night's Ravens. Due to that fact I underwent certain..... experiments. One of the many results was the changing of my eyes. Due to the company's more recon and infiltration focused missions, we had to be able to fight efficiently and effectively in darkness. If you have questions of what else the experiments changed about my physiology, feel free to ask." Volaren looked at Melody with a wondering stare, trying to gauge her reaction of he revealed to her. "Your the first non-elf I've ever spoke to about what happened to me", glancing side to side, Volaren added, "It's the reason why I have occasional nightmares."

@Kasuu  

"Well friend, there is a time and place for everything." 

She stated simply, a faint smile on her lips as she set down her tea, though kept her fingertips on it. She lightly tapped it as her own eyes looked over his own dark ones. 

"Have they ever explained why it did what it did? Why darkening the entire eye can cause such a drastic change in eyesight, Voleran?" 

She questioned curiously, leaning forward as the cup traveled with her, her elbows soon helping support her on the table, only questioning about his eyes. She had heard of such a thing though since the members of the group were so sparce, she's never met someone with it having it done to them. She found it an interesting prospect, though upon hearing it was a partial cause of his nightmares, she frowned slightly. 

"
Ah.. Let's say I could eventually come with a way to rid your eyes of the thing that causes that, would you be willing to partake in it? Obviously I wouldn't try anything too invasive.. However I wouldn't even be able to start if I didn't know what they did. I can't start with nothing, not something like this." 

She stated softly, her head tilting slightly as she then lowered her eyes to the tea, taking a sip.

ApOYm70.png

@Twyllvarlais

(OOC) I hate to say this again but it have to reply sometime tomorrow. My schedule is all messed up from recent army shananigans.  :smile6:

Deciding to answer her first two questions, Volaren explained, "They said that one of the decoctions, Night's Bane, fundamentally changed the way my eyes work, but besides that they never explicitly explained why it changed my eyes color to pitch black. Plus the eye color that every member of the company has, created a stigma with the more conventional forces in Lothren's military. We very rarely worked with regular soldiers and when we did, we were called, "Black-eyed mutants" behind our backs. Normal considering what the experiments did to our bodies." Looking back at Melody, Volaren quickly sighed and poured himself another cup of tea. Downing the drink in one swig, Volaren answered her other question. 

"Honestly, no I wouldn't. The reason why is because what those experiments did changed me and helped make me what I am today; now I'm longer part of the company, but trying to change something as simple as my eye color would remove a part of who I am. I very much appreciate the thought though. You are a kind woman Melody, kinder than most I've met; though you can be a bit, what's the word... blunt," Volaren smiled warmly at Melody after he finished. 

Getting up from his chair, Volaren buckled his sword on his left hip, and walked to the door. Turning around to look at Melody, Volaren bowed and said his farewell. "I think I've taken up enough of your time Melody. Perhaps we could talk later; I'm sure you have more questions about those experiments. Anyway, good night Melody." Volaren turned around and walked out the door, back to his house.

@Kasuu

Melody's eyes look down at her cup, lightly swirling it while she let out a

quiet laugh, letting her shoulders shrug slightly. She yawned and rose her hand up to

her head nodding.  

"I don't mean to come off as condescending. I truly do not."

She let out a sigh, nodding. She looked up to him now, her head tilted at

him for the time being.

"I hope you sleep soundly tonight, Voleran. Keep safe and well."

ApOYm70.png

@Twyllvarlais

Users who are viewing this thread

Back