[Megalopolis V.2.0] "The Art of War" as told by Eli Wallace

Crocmon

Pop-punk n' space magic. Not always in that order.
Supporter
Immediately prior to abduction, Eli Wallace sat in the study assigned to him on his estate. He was essentially home alone, and would be for much longer. He had made sure of that, because he didn't want his father's sluggish reactions getting in the way. Even with enough proverbial firearms at the bastard's throat, Senator Wallace was a very cautious and thoughtful person. He was under great duress, but never showed it. Mrs. Wallace, Eli's mother, was on a cruise that was charted to sail around the world. He smoked a cigar, smiling to himself.

"To think, I have to deal with Senator Jacobson now. What a pain... I applied pressure to the bleeding heart, and he is now reacting most harshly. You would imagine the man who came from the ghetto - as his platform claims - would have had no problems with duress..." Eli laughed hysterically, "But he is probably now sending men to attack me as we speak! What a fool, acting so brash as to-"

The door burst open, moments before his predicted time. He imagined that he would have been able to finish a cigar and prepare his claws first, but he miscalculated. A few goons with foreign assault rifles stood before him, and in response he only glared. Jacobson had acted before the turn had been passed to him, it would seem.

It would seem that I've been outdone. But no, this is perfect. If I submit now I won't have to worry over others hearing about my powers. I just have to play the part, appear outplayed. As Sun Tzu said, "a military operation involves deception. Even though you are competent, appear incompetent." He won't expect me to make a masterful retaliation once he has me bound, and whatever Hellhole he places me in will have little in place to stop me.

Eli stood up, making some of the goons tense up as he pointed his hands out. His fists were clenched, knuckles toward the ground. He waited for the cuffs, and then the black bag.

"Take me to your employer. Tell him I wasn't able to fend off his superior tactics."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back