Mechanical Heart and Human Soul (HeartBrokenIceQueen & Tigress)

Tigress

Feline Overlord
08e73faf.jpg

"January 17, 2013. I have finally finished creating the perfect weapon for the army, a robot so advanced that she looks almost human. Aside from a few joints and plug points that are visible, yet easily hidden by clothing, she would easily be able to blend in among the military ranks and destroy the enemy. However, I do not want her to be simply destroyed in war... I want to see if I will be able to make her THINK like a human as well. Sadly though, I fear that my illness will not give me much longer to live, so I will be unable to do what I wish....

So I have given her strict instructions. If I am to die before I finish her, she is to gather her belongings (Cables, batteries, etc.) and run away from the army. She is to find someone that would be able to help her hide among humans and give them this letter that has been placed inside her.

If you are reading this letter, then I have died. Please do me one favor. Think of it as my dying wish: Look after XT-1683, also known as Blue-Bird. Teach her how to be human, and in return she will protect you.

Regards,

Professor Susanna Grey."

Two days after writing this letter and giving it to Blue-Bird, along with another message explaining how she worked, how to recharge her and what she 'eats', Professor Susanna Grey died at the age of 34. Following the instructions of her creator, Blue did everything that she had been told to do and packing her bag, along with two pistols, before looking in the mirror of her bunker one last time. Her icy blue eyes were covered by the silver visor that hid her robotic features around her eyes. Wearing her usual black long sleeve shirt and army pants with combat boots, the girl sighed. "I am sorry that I was unable to save you, mistress. I shall follow your orders and do as you wish." she said to the cold, stiff body of the woman.

Pushing open the heavy door and exiting into the night air, Blue looked around before beginning to run, her footfalls echoing through the silence and the only sounds she could hear being the whirring of the gears as she moved. She collected data as she ran through the darkness towards the nearest city. The robot ran all night, never faltering and never tiring, only stopping when she found herself in a park surrounded by large buildings, the sun just beginning to rise.

She lifted her hand, pushing up her visor to look around at the early rising humans going for their jogs before work and listening to the dogs barking at each other through the fences. Lowering her visor once again, she hoisted her bag back onto her shoulder before beginning to walk, listening to the quiet whirring of the gears.

Last edited by a moderator:
392.jpg

Breath in... Breath out... Breath in... Breath out...

Silence echoed around Ikumi as he lay down just beneath a cherry tree. It was in full bloom and leafs fell all around him. It was a beautiful sight and he couldn´t help but smile. How long ago was it since he had this sort of moment? A moment were he wasn´t surrounded by squealing girls and news reporters asking him about his private life, trying to ridicule him... Yet he couldn´t say that he hated it because it was the price he had to pay. For him to see so many people smile, to see someones eyes light up with happiness or cry in tears due to his music made him feel like they could for a split second understand him.

Ikumi never had friends; being absent due to his work and when he did come to school; he only gained a headache. The guys did not hate him but they didn´t necessarily like him either and the girls simply wanted to befriend him for his fame. And if they didn´t want to be friends, they wanted him to be their boyfriend.

Music shall be both your haven and your hell if you follow my lead, boy...

Remembering his mothers words made him sigh and when he heard a whisper from the street, he knew it was time to go. Ikumi stood up abruptly before jogging down the hill and into the long sidewalk of the park. Quickly he took on a pair of dimmed glasses and covered his head with the hood of his coat. "Eh... Where is he! I totally thought I saw Ikumi here, did he leave!?"

Rolling his eyes at the disappointed voice, Ikumi kept following the sidewalk; keeping his head down. He did not care to notice the people passing by him, the sound of laughter coming from the playground nor the sound of the traffic. He did not care because it was something he was used to, this park was his freedom and now it was yet another place which would be known to the world. People say life is unfair but Ikumi didn´t believe that. He believed that life was to fair, always asking something in return for the happiness one gains.

So as he dwelled upon a new lyric to his coming single and the fact that he only had two days before returning to school; he crashed into someone. Or rather something, as his arm hurt right after. His hood fell back and looking at the sky, he sighed. "OMG! IKUMI!"

Who knew that he´d be caught so easily?

------------

Ehehe, my aunt stayed behind for awhile so I quickly finished this, even though it could have been way longer!

Blue-Bird had heard the people bustling around her and faltered slightly when a person walked into her. She looked at him through her silver visor, her short and shaggy blue hair covering the connection points in the back of her neck, and the clothing covered her joints that were clearly robotic, but she didn't know how humans would react to her being a robot. Susanna had always told her to be careful around humans. She reached down, gears whirring and clicking as she moved to help the male up. "Excuse me" she said simply, not knowing why all the other people around them were so excited to see this man's face.

She stepped back slightly when the crowd moved closer towards the male, narrowing her eyes beneath the visor. She expected them to be a threat. Of course that was what she had expected, she was made to be a weapon, a killer. Her grip tightened on her bag before she dashed forward, grabbing his hand and pulling him away from the crowd of people quickly, her eyes scanning the surrounding area for a place to hide.

Soon she found it. An alleyway. She darted around the corner, finally coming to a halt before there was a soft hissing sound, her cooling system kicking in considering the day had already warmed up quite a bit. She stood up straight, looking at the male. "Threat cleared. Are you alright, sir?"

You´re kidding me, right...

From screaming girls and flashing photos to getting kidnapped wasn´t Ikumi´s plan for the day. The moment that the girl grabbed his hand and started to pull him away from the crowd, he just knew it. She wasn´t normal, to strong, to quick. And when a soft sound reached his ears, he couldn´t help but frown. Surely she didn´t believe she could get away with this after all Ikumi was quite popular with the crowd... Shaking his head, he raised an eyebrow at her words.

A threat... This girl sounded more and more like a robot and so a dry chuckle escaped his lips. "Seriously... Yeah, I´m fine but isn´t this the part were you put a bag over my head and throw me in a van?" His voice wasn´t amused nor friendly but sarcastic and sharp. Threading his fingers through his hair, he awaited the girl to scream and tell him all about how she loved him. This wasn´t the first time he had been dragged away and thus he believed it to be yet another crazed fool.

"You know what, get a pen and paper; I´ll give you an autograph and take a picture with you. Just don´t make a scene, would you?"

Blue frowned slightly before lifting up her visor and revealing her icy blue glass eyes, as well as the joints of two metal sheets that had been molded to perfectly shape the face of a human and joined with heavy duty pins. She shook her head at his comments. "I do not understand what you speak of. I simply removed your presence from what I saw as a threat." she stated, her voice emotionless and plain.

At his final comment, the one about the autograph and the photograph, she frowned again. "I am not looking for an autograph or a photograph, sir. I do not know who you are so I have no need for those items. However.... There is something you could read....." she murmured before lifting up her right arm and pulling up the sleeve, pressing a small control that opened up a storage unit in her forearm. She slipped out the note that her creator had written before offering it to him with a tilt of her head, her blue hair falling over her eyes.

He had expected her to squeal or perhaps murder him while she had the chance but he didn´t expect her to lift up the visor and show him the eyes underneath them. Ikumi got so distracted by their beauty that he almost didn´t notice the metal sheets. Don´t get him wrong, he had seen plenty of blue eyes in his existence, all in different shades and forms but never before had he seen such cold, empty eyes before. Never seen anyone without any emotions showing before. Foolishly he believed that the girl was role playing or something alike when the metal sheets glistened. Make-up was a scary thing and he knew it from various music videos recordings.

But those thoughts quickly faded as she plain out told him she thought that a crowd of fan girls are a threat to him. Perhaps the girls could get a bit violent and steal a lock of his hair or two but to the point where they could physically hurt him? Not likely...

The inside joke of her being a robot was becoming more and more of a fact as she lifted her arm up and pressed some sort of button, making Ikumi take two steps back. Slipping out a note, she offered it to him and he reluctantly took it.

"January 17, 2013. I have finally finished creating the perfect weapon for the army, a robot so powerful...." He muttered out the first sentence before concentrating deeply, once in a while he´d stare at her before continuing to read the letter. A chuckle escaped him at the end before he bursted out in laughter. "So you´re telling me; that you are a freaking robot which is currently being hunted down by the army? You´re kidding me right? Come on, this is hilari-...."

Realization came to him as his arm still had a sting of pain from being roughly pulled away from the crowd, her arm another proof of her nature and sitting down on the floor, he stared at the letter then looked up at her. Ikumi repeated this several times before shaking his head and standing up. Giving her the letter back, he took his cellphone out and gave a quick call to Etsu. "Um... Dude... Uh... "

Ikumi ran his fingers through his hair as he thought of an excuse for the girl... No... For the thing in front of him. "My friend´s niece´s daughter´s friend has nowhere to stay and since I kind of got that room free, I thought it´d be alright if she stays with me... Yeah, yeah; totally necessary. He´s a childhood friend, you see and I can´t just let the girl freeze to death in the streets now can I? Mm... I know, I´ll take all responsibility... School? Uh... Mine, I guess? Well I didn´t know this before yesterday evening! So can you hook me up, let me off for today and maybe make a call or two to my high school? Perhaps try to persuade them to let her in, I head the library is getting quite old... Great, thanks man; you´re totally the best manager ever! Her name is... it´s... Um... Crystal. Yeah, Crystal Monroe."

Ending the call, he couldn´t help but smirk as he gave her a glance before ordering a cab. Upon arriving at his simple apartment, he muttered out the only words he came to think of. "I don´t even know why I´m doing this, so don´t ask."

Blue-Bird took the letter back from him, placing it back into her arm in silence, watching the human male as he called what he called his manager and spoke. She frowned though when he called her 'Crystal Monroe' and looked at him. "My name is Blue-Bird. Why did you say that it was something it wasn't?" she questioned, unable to understand that her name would not be accepted as a human name in this world that she had been created in, and would probably never be a human name.

Upon arriving at the apartment, she looked around, her eyes taking in everything around her and collecting all data, still remaining emotionless beneath the visor that she had slipped back down. She shifted her bag onto the other shoulder easily. She wouldn't need much space ina room, not needing to sleep in a bed to regain energy, but rather be plugged into the wall. She glanced towards the male. "I do not wish to know why you chose to do this. I was just following the orders of my creator."

Ikumi wouldn´t say he wasn´t arrogant nor that he was generous but this girl was getting just a tiny bit on his nerves. Here he was letting her into his home after reading one letter which quite honestly could be an alien´s work but no, he just believed her like the fool he was. The young man took out his keys from his pocket and opened the door to his flat. It was large and had a nice view if one would step out into the balcony at the side of the living room.

Calm down, emotionless robot remember?

Reflecting on the fact that she was simply not human took his temper down a notch before he gently pointed to different places as he explained everything. "There are two bedrooms, yours is to the left down the hall. Right across is mine, so knock if you need anything. I don´t know if you sleep but if you don´t; I have a small library up there..." Quickly he gestured to a little staircase with only three steps. It lead to three a hallway with four different doors on each side and one at the end of it. "The third room at the right side. The last one is a storage room, the second rooms on each side are bathrooms. The first room to the right is for video games and on the left for watching movies. If you want to cook... Do you eat?"

His question was supposed to be left unanswered as he continued without care. "Anyways, if you cook or eat; right there..." He swiftly gestured to a small opening which lead down to a fairly sized kitchen. " Yep, there is the kitchen. Uh... Well that is all I believe... Just the living room is left and if you go straight you´re there."

Ikumi nervously ran his hands through his hair as he took of his coat and hung it on the coat hanger before proceeding to his shoes. Sighing he smiled at her before gently nicking his head to the kitchen. "I´m hungry and if you want I can cook something... By the way, I shall call you Crystal from now on due to the fact that Blue-Bird isn´t exactly an acceptable name around here... Oh and also, we´ll have to buy you an uniform tomorrow morning; I need to keep my eyes on you but school and work limits that."

Blue-Bird looked around before blinking and bowing towards the male. "Thank you. I forgot to thank you earlier. Which means I forgot my mistress's lessons...." she murmured, looking back up at him with her cold and emotionless eyes before allowing her gaze to drift over the rooms that were pointed out to her.

She opened up the storage unit in her arm, taking out the few other letters that Susanna had written before offering them to the male. "Here, you might wish to read this for information..... My creator wrote these along with the first letter before she died early this morning" She said almost matter of factly, no hint of sadness showing at the mention of the death that had occurred in the early hours of this morning, a clear sign that the story of her being made to simply be a weapon was true.

His mention of food simply made her shake her head.
"I do not sleep and I do not eat. These letters that I have just given to you will explain what I need in detail...." she said. One of the letters explained each plug point that littered her body, and that the most important ones were the three on the back of her neck. The other explained that she simply needed water to fuel her cooling system and making sure that her oil levels were fine.

[i´m sooo late, sorry! Also, could you give me some examples of the letters in le convo?)

Ikumi did know the fact that she was indeed emotionless but to not even show a hint of sadness as she mentioned her creators death... It shocked him slightly but nonetheless he took the letters from her hands and scanned his eyes over them. There was details he skipped as he only took in her sleeping and eating habits, which were none. "So... It´s getting late and all... You wouldn´t mind accompanying me to the kitchen, so we can go over the details?"

He wasn´t sure if she would follow but went on in to the kitchen and poured her a glass water. "Do you drink it or should I pour into somewhere on your... body?" Ikumi´s voice was nothing but a mess as he was utterly confused and frustrated. He needed sleep but with all sorts of thoughts running through his head he didn´t know if he could sleep.

The next best thing to a good night sleep is some milk and cookies...

Etsu´s words entered his mind and with a quick movement he opened the freezer and took out some ice-cream. "Chocolaté Macnifiqué, Best ice-cream around!" He muttered as he put a spoonful into his mouth.

Blue walked after the male when he requested her company in the kitchen, lifting her visor to reveal her glass, emotionless eyes as she looked around the kitchen. "I thank you for your help. It would have meant a lot to my creator" she said with a small nod before sitting down at the table in the kitchen, gears whirring and joints clicking into place. At the mention of the water, she gave a weak and robotic laugh. "I can handle refilling my cooling mechanism. You don't have to worry about that" she explained to him, taking the glass of water and pouring the liquid down her throat, hardly noticing as it filled up the cavity where her stomach would be.

She allowed herself to look at him quietly, taking in all the details. His blue hair, much darker than her own pale blue-grey hair, his matching blue eyes, the cloak that he was still wearing... Her head tilted to the side as a question formed. "If those females were not threats, then whaat were they doing surrounding you?"

(Of course I can ^^)

Laughter.

Weak, robotic, inhuman laughter but laughter nonetheless.

His former polite smile turned to a real one within a blink of an eye, he couldn´t believe she just showed some sort of... Expression. He knew it wasn´t something to be all happy about but it was the first time she showed any sort of expression at all. Ikumi had grown slightly tired of her monotonous voice and actions. He slide into his seat at the counter before smirking at her.

"Well, in our society there is something called an Idol. We´re basically people who perform for their entertainment and some of them look up to us. Others are deemed crazy fangirls/boys, those are what you just encountered. Um... Why don´t you tell me what you know about society and what kinds of things confuse. I could always explain things to you."

Ikumi didn´t know what she knew and thus didn´t want to scare her away with his crazy thoughts and ideals of this society they live in. "Do you even know where you are?"

Blue looked at him, blinking her cold, dead eyes. "I know very little about human society. I only know military humans and fighting, as well as protecting people. My creator explained that if a person accepted me into their household, because I am a robot, it would be my duty to protect them from any and all threats. As for where we are, it is 128.27 Kilometers away from the military base where I was created." she stated simply, looking at him with cold eyes.

her voice had changed a fair bit when she spoke, becoming less monotonous and more human like, mimicking the male sitting in the room as she waited for his next response, information scrolling down her vision about each and every detail in the room.

(God.... Writers block.... I am so sorry.)

Ikumi had gone on and told Crystal/Blue a bit about society, especially how a life of an idol is, then went to sleep after giving her a few books to read. He had dreamt about her that night, with her cold eyes staring at him without any emotions, his heart pounding out of his chest before it collapsed in front of her. It was scary and weird but in his eyes just another dream that he forgot in less than a minute when he woke up the next day.

Ikumi strolled over to the computer, copying and pasting some pages about society while editing in his own notes before he printed it out for Crystal to read. It was some basic stuff about school, grades and mostly how a normal life goes for a normal, sane teenager. He had put in a few laws in there too for her to understand that somethings are not to be done, like taking an human life. "Oi! Crystal, we got like two hours before we need to meet up with Etsu to get you a uniform. Have anything you want to do?" It was a foolish question but as he was told to teach her to feel emotions, the very first thing she need to feel was a wanting, a wish or a simple need for something.

B;ue spent the entire night reading the books he had lent to her, absorbing all the information and storing the knowledge in her mind. As morning rolled around she finished reading the last book and she quietly placed it upon the small pile next to her bed. With that done, she got up and walked out of the room as she heard Ikumi calling her by her new name and she paused near him, looking at him with her cold glass eyes.

Her gaze shifted to the papers he had printed out before turning back to him. "I do not need to do anything. If there is nothing to be done, then I can read through the new information you have aquired" she explained, watching him closely and folding her arms over his chest.

"Huh... No need for anything?" Ikumi muttered before a idea came to his mind. "Can you be in a pool? I'll show you something real cool if you can!" His smile was huge, he was a genius! How come he hadn't thought of it before? With the idea out, he moved over to his bedroom and took out some swimming trunks, two pairs; one for him and one for her. He also added a t-shirt for Crystal before he threw the information to her.

"You go and read this, take on these and also; If you want to do something else... Just tell me, alright?" He ushered her to her room as he himself went out for awhile. Ikumi had gone to the next door apartment... Well it wasn't actually an apartment but a gym with an enormous pool which contained a few fishes. It was among the most beautiful things he had ever seen and was sure that it would atleast shock the girl.

{Horrible I know but TT.TT}

Blue looked at the papers and the clothing before bowing her head slightly before entering her room and changing into the shorts and baggy shirt, the top hanging over her thin frame. The joints of her wrists and ankles made it quite obvious that she was a robot, but to her they were normal. Her knees and elbows also had visible joints, but there were not as noticeable as the ones on her wrists and ankles. She moved out of the room with the printed papers held under one arm and followed Ikumi to the place where the pool was. Her eyes opened slightly wider when she saw it and she crouched at the water's edge, looking into it at the fish.

"My creator made it so I will survive in water. Rain is not something that would stop a war, and neither will mud. I can survive anything except fire, salt water, and being ripped apart" she explained monotonously as she watched the fish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back