• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Other May 2013 Challenge--Voting is Over!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DreamingofRoses

Rosa Indomitus
Congratulations to Kasheal, who is April's Challenge Winner with his drawing "Grief" The runner up was Frixz, with her poem "The Lost" I want to thank everyone who participated, all the entries were awesome.

This month's themes were:

"Shadow and Thought"

"The Season of Plague"

"Glass Houses"

Entries:

Wolf- Shadow and Thought

Grey- A Season of Plague

Anon-

Day 1- Seal day

The doors are sealed and the windows boarded up. Not with boards like in the books and movies but with foam and sealant. The house always felt stuffy afterwards but everyone gets used to it eventually. Mother is worried that we sealed a day early this year. Last year she was worried about it being late. I'd like to say she was the only one who worried each year but that isn't true, everyone is always freaking out. Guess that's just the right thing to do huh. I need to go count in supplies so I'll write more in later.

Day 3

Call me a liar but I had no idea how much more work they'd be having me do this year. Triple checks, filter stocking, food records and then some! Tiresome but important. And I know they trust me but don't think I didn't see father checking after my checks. Pain in the behind.

Nothing really happened today other than that. Everyone is starting to settle down a bit. This year was supposed to be a new strain. Really bad one too. Like season of 78' bad. But both mother and father and even grandmother survived that one. And on that great note, I am off to bed. I don't like staying up late anymore.

Day 5

Outside things have fully hit. Came in the morning yesterday. Our cameras got to see the first big wave hit. It was just like the ones when I was younger except

Someone was in it. They weren't really even alive at this point. Father tried to cover my eyes but wham...he hit the house and just sorta split apart in his chest. Some nasty yellow gunk came out of him and swear to god he groaned before falling over. No way am I going out the side door when we unseal.

Day 6

I'm inside the safe room now. Seems like a big jump but Father insists we do it just to be safe. That guy that leaked (ugh) on our house. The disease this year it must make like a nasty acidic bile or something because it started eating into the house. We emptied stuff out and here we are now. Locked in can in our basement. Quaint but still chilling to have that close of a call.

Day 9

Grandmother coughed today. Father and Mother are getting quiet.

Day 14

Sorry for not writing future me. I'm kinda having a hard time today. Father put Grandmother outside the lock last week and I've been getting lectured on why for the entire time after that. I am going to miss her but like they said 600 times, it was for the best.

Day 23

Long time with no update. Only a few weeks left in this season and we actually may make it. Only thing is I'm starting to hear grandmother. Each time the season comes the plague is different and I think this one is doing something post...dying. So many groans outside, I've started sleeping with cotton in my ears even though they say it is just the wind. Few more days.

Day 25

I'm getting sick of writing. I'm getting sick of being scared. I can hear things flopping around upstairs. They sound wet.

Day 26

The season is almost over and we are starting to feel it. Everything feels less and less tense now with-

Mother screamed earlier and I ran to see. Father just walked right out the lock and just sat down. We are wearing the masks and suits now. Last line of defense.

Day 30

We made it. Thank god above we made it. We haven't opened the lock yet but I don't know if we can. The alarms haven't cleared. Maybe this plauge is different in a way it wasn't supposed to be. Season never lasted longer than thirty days before. Mother said she was going out to see tomorrow.

Day 32

He grabbed her and pulled her down and tore the mask off . I slammed the door shut and spray painted the glass. I am not going out even though I hear the screams. I'm never going out.

Day 49

Still dark and I don't feel like writing. The sirens haven't called clear so here I sit. I keep thinking about this plague. I think about the symptoms and I think about the dripping coming from above. It leaks through the ceiling you know. I can count the drips all night and they don't let up.

Day 54

The dripping stops but the heat comes. Coughing dry heat to match the glow outside. I hear the sirens. I don't think this season will end. I don't like this anymore. My words are stilted and short and depressing and pointless. The sensors are just going offline now. Heat starting to melt them. I think I'm being burnt out.

Day 55

Fire won't save this. I'm going to bed. This is my last season and I'm glad to be through with it.

Congratulations to Grey, winner of this month's challenge with 'A Season of Plague'. Themes will be up for June in a few minutes.

Well thank you very much ^^In celebration I shall start off the theme suggestions.

Crossroads

One day more

Kings in Castles by Michael Tolcher (the best recording I could find randomly has Harry Potter clips over the top *shrugs*) [media]

[/media]
Turns out thinking up themes is more work then I though so you can have those three lazy ones.

High Fantasy

Back to back

Glories of divinity

I'm getting a new tablet in a couple of days. If it doesn't break by the end of the month i'll actually do something this time. Darn technology and my innate ability to break anything in my hands.

Hmm. Considering the sheer amount of Might and Magic I have been looking at recently...I'm in a fantasy mood....

• The Season of Transformation
  • The Season of Plague
  • The Season of Rains

The Prodigal Demon

FISTOS: Forbidden Punch of Legend

Sallow skinned, starry eyed, blessed in our sin.

Shadow and Thought

A mile high I stand, on a gazing rock,

Darkness rises, steady growth

Of shadows and doubts

Into I cast my thoughts.

A mile below I see, my hopes and dreams,

Brought to life a vivid dream

Of storm and fire

From whence my desire flows.

Ardent it burns, this dying Sun,

Weak and forgetful as once was I.

To think, nay, to see at last

What I called lost and held so far;

My world that never was

To be here all along.

Yet from this simple truth

I draw no foolish satisfaction.

My hands are bound, my vision flawed.

I'm ready now to slip away,

To feel the wind before I drown.

My thoughts to deliver, to shadows.

Oooh.

Some nice ones there.

I may do two....but in the meantime; time to find a model and a gas mask....

I don't know about overseas, but it's still exam season here and I've got two different psych papers next week.

That said, I like Season of Plague and I'm irked I managed to miss last month (though I'm still going to post the Lovecraftian short story it inspired at some point), so possibly expect to see something over the weekend - I'm thinking either something roleplay related, something reminiscent of an excerpt from The Waste Land, or a short, gribbly fiction.

I was gonna make something for this one but I'm spontaneously moving. So I'll pass until the next one. I like this though, keep it up dreamly.

Grey said:
I don't know about overseas, but it's still exam season here and I've got two different psych papers next week.
That said, I like Season of Plague and I'm irked I managed to miss last month (though I'm still going to post the Lovecraftian short story it inspired at some point), so possibly expect to see something over the weekend - I'm thinking either something roleplay related, something reminiscent of an excerpt from The Waste Land, or a short, gribbly fiction.
Gribbly fiction!

GRIBBLY FICTION!!

It's been a bad couple of weeks for me health-wise, but I shall see what I can come up with later...

DreamingofRoses said:
Awww :( Hope you feel better soon.
Eh....it's an ongoing thing I need to learn to manage better.

But the main thing is these monthly challenges are good for all involved. And I like to grab all reasons to make things....

Yeah, i've kept telling myself to do it, have a decent idea and everything, but every time i've gotten distracted. Just couldn't focus on the assignment i guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back