• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Mass Effect: Tales of a Quarian Doctor (Part 1)

Kumacorn

The crew of the Normandy had one clear objective. To stop the rouge Spectre Saren and whatever he was attempting to do with the Geth. In charge of the mission was the newly appointed Spectre Sarah Shepard, the first human Spectre and a Commander in the Human Alliance. Some said that Shepard's past deeds had earned her membership, but of course there were others that the acceptance of a human was simply the Council throwing the human race a bone in response to their aggressive politics. In any case, there were many eyes on the new Spectre, both political and public. Would she prove that the human race was ready to take a more active role in galactic politics or would she prove that humans were simply overly aggressive and need a period of growth before they could gain more political power? Only time could tell...

Currently though, something had come up to Shepard's attention. Tali had caught a weak signal from near a moon, saying the signal was clearly Quarian from the signature. The signal was weak, but what Tali had found out from what she heard was not good. There seemed to be a ship, the Iktomi. A medical ship from the sound of it. It seemed to be boarded by Geth. This behavior was strange for synthetics. What use would medical supplies be to them? This had to be Saren, but for what purpose? The only way to find out would to go there and find survivors to gather information. The ship itself was old like most Quarian ships, but it was clearly an old Alliance ship. Decommissioned and sold to the Quarians. It was medium sized, enough for at least a crew of fifty with a large number of patients. On the side of it was an attached Geth dropship. The Normandy would have to use stealth to drop a squad in.

Sarah Shepard got her crew together and would be taking her squad of Tail and Garrus on to the ship since their knowledge of tech attacks. "Tali and Garrus, I want you two to the landing dock in five minutes with your gear and helmets just in case. The three of them appeared at the dock and were preparing their weapons. Garrus smiled when he was able to use his sniper again. "I hope I get to use this thing. It's been a while since I've used it against some flashlights." Shepard laughed a little but got serious as soon as the dock opened to reveal the entrance to the desolate ship.

Making their way through and eliminating multiple threats and reading the scanners for friendly id's. Tail was able to get the frequency for the local radio channels and sent out a small.message over the radio "this is Tali Zorah near Ryaa. Is there anybody in this ship that is still alive, we received your signal and are here to rescue you. Send us your location and how many survivors are left?"

The Geth were spread out across the ship, the only site of Quarians being the dead bodies on the floor. No survivors, not one. It wasn't too surprising. This was a medical ship. Why would there be soldiers on it? It seemed there was nobody on board, but Tali surprisingly got someone on the radio. A female quarian. "Keelah, I thought the Geth jammed my distress call before anyone heard it." Her voice was obviously a whisper as she spoke. "This is Zeto'Rah vas Iktomi, captain of this ship. My crew... they were slaughtered. I am the only one alive. I activated a lockdown for the third floor, the medical rooms. Nothing can get in, but the Geth are working on hacking the doors. They just have three... Keelah, two left! I only have a pistol I grabbed on the way. I... don't think they mean to kill me or they would have used explosives on the door. They are after me. Please, get here quickly!" Time was running out for the Quarian Captain and it wouldn't be long before the Geth got to her. Shepard and her squad needed to move. "I'm sending my personal access code now. Use it to access the elevator and get over here."

"Keelah, Shepard we have to get there now and rescue here before they take her away. She seems to be valuable to us if the gets want her." Shepard nodded her head and gestured them forward. "Right Tail, let's go and get that doctor." Shepard and the other two ran to the elevator and punched in the code before reaching the third level. Heading g at their fastest speed they finally reached their destination seeing the doctor being taken away. Shepard and tail took a shot a both the gets taking them out in a second. "Doctor Zeto'Rah, my name is Shepard captain of the Normandy and we are here to get you out. Would you be kind enough to follow us back and stay close."

Zeto had to be forcibly knocked upside the head it seemed to be taken, but the Geth weren't unchallenged. There were synthetics on the ground, each with a thermal shot right in their light bulb eyes. Zeto herself was dressed in the same kind of outfit as Tali, her outfit only different with white instead of purple. When the three got to her, Zeto was groaning and getting up. "I cant... leave yet. If they are after me, they are probably also after my data. Its on the bridge, top level. My quarters. The encryption is more air tight up there, but they will eventually crack it. I need to get it. Then..." Zeto took a deep breath and picked up her pistol. "I need to set this ship to blow. The data can't be deleted, but after I copy it, I will overload the engines and destroy the ship. If we are quick, the Geth won't know to undock before it happens. It would serve them right."

"Sure doctor but we will have a short time period to do this, the geth will be.more than likely calling for reinforcements now that they know that wrle are here." The four of them headed back to the area that they were last in to get to the bridge. Shepard turned to Zeto and took off her helmet exposing her long black hair and red eyes. "We need to know how to get to the bridge and get your data. Would you mind leading the way but stay behind us and we'll protect you the best we can." The continued on their way and tail stood closer to her "what is so important on that data that the geth would want to have it and attack this ship. I saw all the bodies on the way here, some of them must have been close friends to you. I'm sorry to see that happen to you."

Zeto led the way, pistol out. At the question from Tali, she seemed to ignore the last bit about her crew. "I'm the head Medical Officer of the Migrant Fleet, though I've studied the biology of all the council races and quite a few non-council ones. While my research has a lot of info on them all, some I discovered on my own, I've been mostly working on a way to fix the Quarian immune system so we need no suits. If they get to it, they could use the data to create a countermeasure at the very least. The base of all my results are in those notes. They get that data. I'll have to find another way or they could literally make us worse. Remove our immunity system all together. Imagine our bodies not able to take any germs, not even filtered. It would take twenty filterings from the best filters made just to get a breath of fresh air. Anyway, my quarters are on the door to the back left coming out the elevator." Zeto led them in the elevator, hitting the bridge level.

Shepard took a breathe as the rest of them took a look out their weapons and ammo count. "Well we need to get that data then you will be turned over to the alliance so they can help read over this data then we'll report it to the council and see what they have to say but for now let's just get to the bridge." She laid guided them off the elevator and headed in the direction of the data room and found it guarded by some soldiers as they tried to get through it with no success through. After a few shots they had the room secured. "Tali and Garrus, set up a defensive position by that door and be ready, they will be coming. Doctor you have little time to get your data before we blow this ship up." Tail call chutikka and she followed closely to her. "Shepard we have everything set up and will be ready for a few minutes but then we'll have to move."

"I am not turning any data to the Alliance. Keelah, I don't even feel safe going back to the fleet with the Geth after me. What if they still come after me? Either way endangers the fleet and that is treason. Ask... Tali was it? Ask her if you wanna know more about that." Once in her just regulation room, Zeto went straight to her computer and began uploading her data to her omni-tool It took a bit, but she got it all.Then she messed with the ship systems and an alarm went off. She then unloaded a clip into the terminal. "Just covering our bases. They won't have enough time to manually sift through the files before this place blows. Now lets hurry before more show up. I just want to leave this... just leave it behind."

"It is true Shepard, she is endangering the fleet like a young human biotic did with a traitor that brought Cerberus to invade one of our ships. We should move now and get off this ship." Shepard gave a long sigh before running to the elevator with the other three. "Alright fine Zeto, you will be staying with us until we get this whole situation under control and end this nightmare. Until this is over you will listen to me and do what I say or I will lock you up for disobeying readers and be locked up for the rest of the time. And I'm understood."

Zeto shook her head. "You need not worry about me. As long as you keep me safe, I'll follow your orders. As long as it doesn't go against orders from Admiral Xen." Tali was about to comment, but Zeto waved it off. "I can not say what those orders are, they are kept secret. They soon boarded the Normandy and flew away as quick as possible. They were able to see the second dropship dock just before the Iktomi exploded and took them both out. Zeto had been staring at the ship being destroyed silently, her face visor making it impossible to read the emotions she was feeling.

Shepard stood near her and felt bad that she had lost some good friends more than likely that were on the ship. "I'm so sorry about you losing your friends on the ship. We've lost some good friends as well to those damn abominations, well get revenge for them Zeto." She stood by her but kept quiet before standing g back for a second. "We don't have much accommodations but we have some room in the crew bunks if you would like to follow me."

"I knew every one of them... and I was only made captain half a year ago. This is gonna be a nightmare to explain to Admiral Xen. Plus I have to personally inform all their families... I appreciate the sentiment, but right now I feel like punching something... anything. I need some time to cool off. I think your med bay would be best. It will be familiar. Then you can tell me what you know about the Geth that came for me. Excuse me." With that, Zeto walked away and headed to the medical bay, Dr. Chakwas being there. The Quarian found Chakwas quite understanding and they had a long talk that helped a bit. After she calmed down, she had gotten started on her report and letters to the many families. There was a lot of work to do.

Shepard nodded in agreement before heading off to get some more work done and talk with the council about everything. "We have faith in you Shepard that you will keep Dr.Zeto safe. The next time you come to the citadel we will talk about what to do about Saren and the geth." The councilors signed off as Shepard headed down to the med bay and watched as chakwas left them in quiet. "We believe that the Geth are working with a spectre traitor named Saren and we believe they think of him as a God or something along those lines."

Zeto sighed and leaned her back against the wall. "Well now it makes a litle more sense why they wanted to capture me. Saren must want my data for something. But... launching an attack on my ship? Killing all of them just to get to me? It can't just be for a more effective med gel mix. Hmm..." She thought hard before speaking again. "The only thing I can think of is my more extensive research into Krogan. Between spending years on Tuchunka and studying everything I can to try to apply it to strengthening the immune system... Its the only data big enough for this Saren to put this effort into getting. But what could Krogan possible have to do with Saren and the Geth?"

"That's where we actually have an answer for you. A few salarians from the task groups found info at Sarens plant on Virmire. He was looking for a cure for the krogan genophage. We were able to destroy it before he could until they found out about your data. So for now you will be our HVA a d will be under co Stanton protection."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back