• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Mass Effect Andromeda: APEX

SilverFlight

Tende altum, volare altius
Supporter
Note: This thread will be free of main plot spoilers. Please respect this and do not spoil the game for others.

logoImage.img.png
130634-hi.jpg

MEA recruit email.jpg

Overview & Rules OOC Characters

Last edited:
0a480130f3bbcbefb619e766af3655ee.jpg
Tarka couldn't help but look around. Still. Even after three weeks of being aboard the massive station. The Nexus was immense, it was hard to believe that something like this had come from so far away. He had been told that it was designed to reflect what was called 'The Citadel', which was a sort of seat for a galactic council. Yet with the vast parkland, housing arrays and recreational areas, Tarka couldn't deny that it was also built to be a home.

There weren't many Angara on the Nexus, just a few brave souls who decided to come here instead of rotating back to Voeld or Havaarl after their time lot on Aya. Tarka felt a sort of pride knowing he was one of the first.
The docks were up ahead, though he took his time, sauntering casually and drinking in the sights. Light glinted off the new floor plates and he was grateful they'd taken such care with the lighting. It looked completely natural, and he was assured that it had the necessary UV levels for his species. The last thing he wanted was to 'go dark' here.

So entranced in the beauty of the station was he that he didn't see the group of off-duty security guards, tilting dangerously from their celebratory time in the Vortex, coming towards him. The turian bumped into him and staggered backwards.
"Hey! You wanna watsch whereyou're going?"
Tarka thought of a few things to say, none of them productive. Then the man continued. "You're talking to one of the heroes of the uprising!" The others snickered, "you better apologize."
From what Tarka had read there were not too many 'heroes' in that event. His better judgement told him to do as he was asked, and then turn his back. Just. Walk. Away.
"All right. I am truly sorry the rest of the station has to look at your ugly, intoxicated face." Damn it...so close to not causing a scene.
Back home that would have got him punched. The fist flew nearly before he could register it. He tried to block but caught a glancing blow on his cheek.
Weapons were forbidden for unauthorized personnel, but luckily, they were also banned for off-duty security guards. Tarka bounced back numbly as the others made a grab for him.
"Now now, it was in fun! You can't be all that mad can you?" Another swing, another miss. These aliens were supposed to be more level-headed than his people! Tarka kept just out of their reach, but they had backed him up onto the docks now, and there was less and less space to move around. Something would have to happen, soon. The last thing Tarka wanted to do was strike back. They were drunk, not thinking clearly, and he was the alien here, hitting back wouldn't have consequences for just him.
Tarka chanced a glance around, hoping someone would come to his rescue.

Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess IrritatedMind IrritatedMind Angelsofblood Angelsofblood

Kirthos was sitting on the railing above the bar looking at a message on his Omni-tool. He sighed as he read the message over, not liking the fact that his exiled friend was having such a hard time with raiders. It seemed that the so-called rebellion had more consequences than the current leaders predicted. On top of their now being raiders from the Milky Way, the Khet were a menace as were the Remnant. The Initiative, Angara, and Exiles all had to deal with the problems, but no one wanted to work together. "At least the human pathfinder is helping things." Kirthos muttered to himself.

Hearing a commotion Kirthos turned with a sigh because he noticed a group of off-duty guards attempting to gang up on an Angaran who was most likely exploring the station. Kirthos had seen the Turian at the head of the group several times before they had been put in stasis for the trip through dark space and knew the man was an arrogant tool. His Omni-tool's interface faded away as he stood up and moved over to the drunk guards.

Weapons might not have been allowed on the station, but Kirthos always kept his talon's sharp. Taking off his gloves, as he was wearing casual clothes at the moment while his armor was repaired, Kirthos flexed his fingers. He didn't say anything at first though, instead, he moved to the Angaran's side and let a small glare settle on his face. Now looking directly at the Turian in charge he finally speaks. "Don't." He says calmly. They just formed a shaky alliance with the Angara, and this situation certainly wouldn't help things.

Ximena was actually excited to be on the Nexus. It reminded her a lot of the Citadel, which made her miss home. Why she was missing it, she didn't really know considering her god-mother was with her. In fact, she was standing across the room, talking to her. Midena was looking through her telescope at some flora Ryder had sent back. "It's amazing. The different flora on all these planets are so fascinating." Xi always thought it was somewhat boring, the science behind the worlds. "Mimi, you know I find it absolutely boring when you speak of this stuff." With her focus still on the plants, Midena ignored her. "It's unlike anything I've ever seen before. You know, you could become my personal collector Mena. Whenever you come back to the Nexus from your little missions, bring back some dirt or whatever." Ximena snorted and shook her head. Typical Midena, always invested in her work. She stretched her arms and hopped down from the counter she was sitting on top of. "Sure. Why not? I'm gonna go somewhere and do something that's not here." As she walked out the door, Midena looked up and waved. "Don't do anything I wouldn't!" To which Ximena replied, "What wouldn't you do?" And left their little apartment. As she was walking and taking in the Nexus, she could hear a small ruckus going on. The curious in her wanted to see what was going on and headed for the sound. It seemed that a turian was trying to pick a fight with angaran. It was bad enough the alliance between Angarans and everyone else was already shaky, but this fight could screw things up. It seemed she wasn't the only one who thought so when another Turian came up and tried to break it up. A few seconds later and it clicked that she had seen them from somewhere, and that somewhere was a roster. They were on her team. Rolling her eyes she strolled over. "There you two are. I've been looking all over for you. What, you stop to make friends when you have me?"

The intervention came at a perfect time. The leader of the group was getting sick of missing his target, his anger building. Seeing another Turian step in to defend Tarka made him hesitate.
"My hero." Tark said, though is tone didn't clarify whether or not he was joking. The angaran moved to stand beside his new ally, dropping his combative stance to adopt a casual crossed arms. The guard gave a glance backwards, his buddies didn't look like they were about to back down, which bolstered confidence all around. They turned back to Kirthos and Tarka with renewed enthusiasm.
"Hmm, I don't think...you know? I'm going to shut it. Talking's what got me into this mess..." He decided he'd said enough, in his eyes he had started this, and now he was dragging even more people into it.
Another voice sounded then, cutting through the tension and Tarka looked up to see a human approaching. Her playful jab made him smile.
"If I'd known we had you, of course I never would have stopped."
Now there were three, but they were still outnumbered, and this fact seemed to encourage their opponents.
The turian, obviously the leader of the quartet tried again, but this time he went for Kirthos, swinging wide to try and land a blow to the side of his head.
Two more guards rushed forward, trying for Ximena, Tark stopped one by stepping out into his path, hooking him by the elbow and using his momentum to twirl the poor human around and send him tripping back the way he had come. The third however, had gotten past Tarka's guard and made to tackle Ximena.

IrritatedMind IrritatedMind Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess

When the angaran started to speak, she gave him a dirty look, trying to get him to shut up. "Not talking is probably a good idea, buddy." Of course, Ximena was being naive in thinking it would be over, that seeing the two newcomers would deter the others from doing anything; she was gravely mistaken. The absolute worse thing possible was currently happening. Unfortunately, it couldn't be helped so she had to just protect herself. In the beginning she was just gonna stand to the side and let the boys fight it out until one started in on her. He looked like he was going to try and tackled her until she punched her hand out into his throat, then punched him in his chest. "Your first mistake was making me a target in the first place, asshole." Listening to him choke, she pushed her hair back out of her face and sighed. "You're not gonna die, just have a hard time breathing."

Kirthos sighed when the leader moved in on him. Any Turian nearby could hear the growl of annoyance coming from him, but most other species couldn't hear subharmonics. Kirthos ducking the wild blow before shooting his hand out to grab the leader of the guards by the throat. He planned on squeezing just hard enough to draw blood from the most vulnerable part of a Turian.

SilverFlight SilverFlight Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess

“Clickety-Clack, Clickety-Clack,” he said. “Clickety-Clack, Clickety-clack,” he also repeated. The phrase so simple, so rhymthic, so bloody annoying, continue to repeat from his red lips.
“Clickety, Clickety, Clickety-Clack.”

Too true, it was annoying, and if anyone were to be making the noises, except for him, he would have delivered a lovely litany of colorful phrases – those not involving ‘Clickety’ or ‘Clack’. But, since the words were his breathe it did not dearly matter. And, so, annoyingly and frustratingly to the others around him, he continued.

The most terribly ironic portion of the damned human was that with each gentle keystroke, fingertap, across the holographic keyboard from his omni-tool produced no sound – not a whisper. His right hand moved across the keyboard, his left arm resting on his knees, and a small strip of words appeared above the keyboard. The omni-tool, a cuff like electronic device clasped around his left wrist.

There was no noise, no gentle rhythmic sounds of keyboard keys rising and falling with each rise and fall of his fingers, so he did the next best thing – he made the noises himself.

Well, the best thing for him, at least.
He paused to ruffle his dark hair, doing little more than just shaking it loose, before it fell across the top of his head once more. The loose strands of dark brown scattered like his thoughts and then his right hand fell to the holographic keyboard once more.

“Do you mind?” A reproachful voice said. The annoying human didn’t even lift his gaze from the dozens of words crafted neatly above the keyboard. The writer though did take a moment to pause his gentle song.

“Do you mind not sending me on “Grip and Grins”, “Flower Shows”, and “Command Photos”?” The words were simple, they were direct, and they were tinged with something spicy – perhaps Sriracha. Christ, he missed the Milky Way already.

The speaker, growled softly, but seemed to gain an ounce of control, or remember who he was. “Well, Hawke, I have placed you on a roster with a new team. One more to your standard of conduct, and abilities,” the voice said – and Hawke enjoyed the extra steel and anger that went into the way his name was spoken.
Hawke was a heart’s breath away from commenting on his previous assignment’s kindergarten level education, inability to link sentences, or their sheer ‘hill-billiness’, but missed his chance. Instead the words across his omni-tool blinked with an indication of new email.

Blue eyes lifted from the orange glow about his arm to watch the Turian, Kandros, walk away in annoyance. The head of the Nexus APEX program only offered a few words, and this time Hawke was keen to take their meaning. “Now, get out.”

He rose from the spot on the floor that he chosen as his best place to annoy Kandros into compliance – or get put in the near brig – either was better than his current role. He had come to the Andromeda friggin’ galaxy with dreams of recording the most fascinating stories. Unfortunately, his editor and the Andromeda brass preferred their story-tellers to be within strangling range; probably because they trusted us as far as they could throw us with a good biotic toss. The result had been more tedious ribbon cutting that he was borderline murderous when he finally got the approval for APEX.

Hawke strongly believed they were hoping a stray round, land mine, or faulty munition would solve all of their problems. But, it got his blue-eyed ass off the ship, so he couldn’t complain.

I mean, it couldn’t get worse, right?

IrritatedMind IrritatedMind

Last edited:
Tarka gave the woman a hurt look. "The lady speaks barbs," he said, watching as she floored the man who had attacked her. He turned to see how the turian was faring, and the one on his side seemed to be winning by miles. Their attacker froze as soon as he felt the claws settle about his throat.
The third man, the one Tarka had sent spinning, ran at him again, but the angara side-stepped neatly, tripping the poor fellow so he landed head-first at Ximena's feet. He tried to rise but Tark put a gentle foot on his shoulder.
"Stay down friend."
The fourth, who hadn't even entered the fight stood back, content not to get involved, especially once he saw his friends bested to quickly.

"What the hell is going on?" It wasn't a yell, but the sharp female voice slashed through the heated atmosphere like a fire hose. She was human, and older, likely about 35. Her blond hair was tied tightly in a bun behind her head and her Nexus uniform was crisp and clean. Her face was worn and her expression stern, her back was ramrod straight, betraying a military background. At her heels, holding up the display screen of his omnitool was a small salarian, his olive-green skin peppered with gold and orange flecks. He too wore a nexus uniform, though his epaulets bore the APEX logo.
"Detannus Hodge Becker and Collins." The salarian listed, reading names off the display. His voice was quick, with barely any punctuation. Even for one of his species he looked young to be working. "Little too much fun celebrating the founding of Prodromos I take it?"
The woman gave the four off-duty guards a disdainful look. "Get out of my sight. Your Kandros' problem. Not mine."
At the unseen signal the salarian made a call.
"And while you're at it. Tell Kandros to get that reporter down here. We launch in one hour."
As the salarian obliged the woman turned to the three Apex recruits. Tarka lifted his foot and allowed the guard up, shooting her an innocent smile, which the woman ignored.

"Amelia Thatcher." She gave her name in greeting. "You've been assigned to APEX team Delta, we've just been given our first assignment and we're headed to Eos."
Tarka felt his excitement spark.
"You will be briefed on the way. Get your junk and your asses over to docking bay C52 within the hour."
Her manner of speech was brisk and unfriendly, but Tarka had seen the same tactic in the resistance back home. Layer on the military attitude and set the ground rules. He suspected there was a person under there yet.
The salarian finished his call with Kandros' office and came over.
"People this is Kiilan, our data analyst and xeno-biologist."
"I also dabble in geology climatology and astrophysics. Its a pleasure to meet all of you."
Tarka greeted him back warmly before turning to Ximena and Kirthos. "I owe you a bit of thanks, for jumping in when you did. That could have gone badly."

Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess IrritatedMind IrritatedMind Angelsofblood Angelsofblood

Kirthos listened to the woman snap at the guards and when she told them to leave he relaxed his grip and let the Turian he had grabbed step away. He figured the man would walk away rubbing his throat and he turned towards the human who had interrupted the fight. He listened as she told them about being members of Delta Squad and that their first mission would be taking them to Eos. In a matter of seconds, his Omni-tool flared to life as he brought up several downloaded documents about the planet. He vaguely heard the Salarian being introduced and almost didn't catch the Angara talking to him. "No problem..." He muttered before looking back down at his Omni-tool. He didn't say anything else, figuring it would be better to stay quiet until his team was briefed on their missions to ask questions.

SilverFlight SilverFlight

Ximena straightened herself up as she noticed one of her superiors walking up to them. Part of her thought she was going to get an earful for fighting in the first place but once it was clear that she wasn't she relaxed a little. When told that they were finally going to get their first assignment, she was kind of excited. Now the real fun was going to begin. She was going to walk away to get the rest of her things when the angaran she helped started speaking. It took her a minute to realize it was she he was talking to before she shook her head and gave a cold response. "Sure... Just don't go getting into anymore fights, okay? Can't save you everytime." She told him before she turned on her heels to leave. She had already been caught fighting and she didn't want to be late to their briefing.

Tark nodded at the turian, not too fussed he was already focused on his omnitool. He gave the other APEX soldier a smile as she admonished him gently. "I don't suppose 'they started it' would win me any points." He sobered up at Thatcher moved passed them and entered a code on her omnitool.
"This is Thatcher to November Sierra eight neiner four "Legacy", please prepare to take passengers."
Tarka peered down the dock to pier D12 where the bay door of a small military vessel slowly lowered itself to the gangway.
"The Legacy." Tarka parroted, moving off after Thatcher to get a look at the ship. It was sleek and streamlined, its thrusters extending out and behind from the aft of the fuselage. The hull itself betrayed 2 floors at least, with the engine above the doors at the rear of the craft.

normandy_sr3_by_dmitryep18-d7w91qm.jpg

Tarka picked up a cloth duffel and slung it over his broad shoulder, making his way onto the craft with a ginger step. The crews quarters he could see were through a set of open doors on the lower deck. Tarka pulled up a schematic of the ship he'd been given with the rest of the APEX team.
The cockpit and meeting room were on the upper deck while the dorms and a small recreational room were just underneath. Tark could see a land vehicle tucked over to the side, but most of the room in the central space was taken up by the kodiak shuttle.

"All right, get your stuff to your dorms, number of your room is at the bottom of your instruction sheet. Meals are three a day, rationed. I want you all up to the council room on deck one five minutes ago!"
Tark had to give Thatcher one thing, her voice made him impulsively want to leap to her orders. Instead of jogging to the dorms however he walked, taking in the interior of the ship. The dorm rooms were private, if tiny. There was about four feet of space from the edge of the bed to the next wall. He spotted a communal bathing facility across the hall. At the far end of the corridor lay a set of impressive double doors which Tark assumed lead to the captain's quarters. As he was leaving his room he heard Thatcher speak in a hushed voice.
"What do you mean more have been stolen?! How many?...This is not good. Our ship is prepped but we can't get to you before then..."
He decided eavesdropping was not the best plan, but something had Thatcher worried, and even in the few minutes of knowing the woman, that sounded like something they should all be worried about.

IrritatedMind IrritatedMind Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess Angelsofblood Angelsofblood

“You are cordial invited to be a third wheel on board a one way ticket to hell – going down,” Hawke mumbled sourly. The Instruction sheet from APEX, like most governmental – initiative – emails was short. It was also devoid of normally usefully pieces of information.

Ya’ know, like why the bloody hell had I been tasked to Delta squad?

He already strongly believed Kandros had tasked him with a bunch of ‘winners’, except that seemed counter-productive for both their needs. Hawke, and his editor, needed constructive and productive materials for release; Kandros needed better public support to alter the perception of APEX for the Nexus.

Again, it was a win/ win.

Well, it should have been at least. Everyone from Hawke’s Editor to the Initiative Silver, brass was too dirty for these people, assumed his products were the work of a devilish heretic seeking destruction and mass chaos; and who could blame them? The Nexus was still reeling even now from the after-effects of the uprising.

We all needed some wins. And, Christ, the Pathfinder was only human. How much could they do?

“Reporter Asshole, please get your shit and head to docking bay …” He absently read the brief email out loud, and found his version just a tad more colorful and informative. A few passing Asari only blinked a few times at him, and did not hesitate to move away from the strange human.

Well, it was time to put his money where his loud, and rapid-fire mouth was. He had already stopped off at the small little cell that they called a room. In his short time with the Alliance, the size of their rooms were garish in comparison to the closet that they ‘assigned’ him. But, it had a lock and a power supply, which were important enough for him.

A dark green duffel bag was slung over one shoulder as he moved towards the waiting ship – and he paused to collect himself. Ships, elegant and beautiful crafts of the sea, were modest and simple terms for the work of art before his eyes. He did not have the foggiest ideas of the mechanics of interstellar operations – a portion of his thoughts considering a million mice on treadmills somewhere – but he did not need to know how something worked to be awed by it.

He let the duffel bag slide slowly to the ground as his hands shifted to the black bag attached to the back of his belt. Withdrawing a small dark box, no bigger than his fist, a lens began to extend as he turned the device on. The little camera’s rear screen glowed to life and he raised it to his right eye. A few adjustments to the dials on the top and side of the camera shifted the aperture, shutter speed, and toned down the bloody ISO.

With a silent ‘click’, the first photo of Delta Squad of APEX had been captured. It would not be the first, he swore kindly, and took a few more of the ship for framing and the story that he would write later that evening.

He turned off the camera, noticing individuals moving onto the ship. Replacing the camera into its pouch, he grabbed his duffel and moved to get aboard the ship himself.

“The Legacy,” he said softly, and tried to look as unimpressed as he could. His previous Initiative experience had been cramped in Kodiak shuttles, so he was awed as he followed a loud – and unnecessarily angry – voice as it seemed to cover the entire damned ship. That was truly going to get annoying, he thought gloomily, but he moved into the ship to find his room.

He cursed her twice for being good and effective.

Saying goodbye to her godmother wasn't really an easy task, the woman continuously giving Ximena hugs. Xi only put up with it because she knew she was all Midena had and vice versa. But once she finally made her way to the ship, even she couldn't pretend like she wasn't in awe of this thing. Of course, it wasn't her first time being aboard a massive ship like this one but still. It took her breath away everytime, even if her stoic face didn't show it. As she boarded, she took in her surroundings and her mind started racing. If she ever needed to get out of a sticky situation onboard, she would now know how. Listening to Thatcher yell, it was clear she was an angry woman. Nothing at all like the Human Pathfinder she hears so much about. At least Ryder didn't yell so much. Once her moment of awe was gone, she made her way to her quarters. It was much like an oversized broom closet but she couldn't complain much. She did just sleep in a tube for a few centuries. Her bag was placed on her bed before she started going through it for a new shirt. She didn't even bother closing her door before changing it to one with their logo on it. Throwing her bag to the side she put her hair up into a bun then made her way to the council room. What a fun adventure this would be.

Thatcher was waiting in the council room, which was a round platform about half a foot off the main floor. The center of the place was taken up by a circular console with a holoprojector in the center. Currently it showed their route to Eos. Thatcher and the Salarian who Tarka remembered was called Kiilan were not the only ones in the room however. There was also a turian woman, tall and elegant. Though her face looked fearsome enough in the Angara's eyes he felt she had a softer expression. Her azure eyes regarded him with a vague interest, as one would regard an interesting plant. She was dressed in a medical officer's uniform and her face was free of the characteristic tattoos. There was also another human, some sort of mechanical grease smeared on the front of her work suit, which she hadn't bothered to remove. Her blond hair was tied back and she leaned back against the railing ringing the space looking slightly bored.
The final member of the team stood straight and professional. The classic example of a turian, military-trained and disciplined without fault. His light green tattoos stood out against his darker face plate. He looked fairly happy to be there and gave out friendly nods to the team as they made it into the space.
"Soldiers, I'd like you to meet our doctor Tenara Ketrus, our chief engineer Charlie Summers and our pilot Dantan Vetruvius. They'll be supporting the team from the Legacy."
"Charmed." Tarka said in greeting.
Thatcher continued, referring to a report on her omnitool as she punched up a new image on the projector. An aerial photo of Prodromos appeared before them.
"Eos has been the site of three attempts at colonization. The third set up by the human pathfinder only a short while ago. Its our job to make sure this new attempt, Prodromos, succeeds. We've had a good start, but trouble is never far behind our success in this galaxy it seems. Recently the engineering team has suffered several supply losses at the hands of the kett. Security is stretched thin as it is, but there's also the fact that the nature of the items stolen has given us cause for...notable alarm."
Thatcher paused here to bring up a new image, this one of a complex device.
"This is a sonic pulse canon, generally used in mining operations. It can break down three metric tons of solid rock per minute into the fine-grained sand. Useful sure, but if used incorrectly several of these devices have the potential to create a blast that could wipe out a 50km radius. That. Is a lot of firepower in the hands of our enemies. Our first mission is to locate these devices and retrieve or destroy them."
"Huh, So either you come back in one piece or you get blown up past repair," Tenara remarked casually, "makes things easy for me." The smile in her eyes told them she wasn't serious. Tarka felt her dark sense of humour likely stemmed from her experience as a military medic.
"Just as long as the ship is clear of the blast." Charlie added.
"Seconded." Dantan chimed in, then he turned to the APEX team, "no offense of course."
Tarka tried not to take offense at the hint that they were expendable, it made him wonder how many soldiers they had seen die, but they didn't know the new APEX team, and the team didn't know them. He felt trust would have to be earned, which was fair, he wasn't about to trust anyone here unless he had good reason too. The last time his people trusted freely...had not ended well.
"There won't be a blast," Thatcher said shortly, "because we will stop it. Now, are there any questions before we go into the details?"

IrritatedMind IrritatedMind Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess Angelsofblood Angelsofblood

Pat eyes blinked open when a tone coming from his omni-tool, it had awoken him from his broken sleep, it was an email from Kandros. He read it and smirked to himself he had been itching for action ever since reports came back from habitat 7 about hostile aliens. He got dressed in his training pants and alliance shirt and packed up his gear into an alliance duffel bag and carried it out to the docking bay where a ship called the legacy was docked. He was suprised when he saw the ship, he thought the SSV Normandy specs hadn't been realesed to private corporations. He walked up the ramp and went to the crew quarters. "Definitely an alliance spec." He said aloud as he saw the large closet that was his bunk. He unloaded his gear into a locker and decided to keep his knife on him. He walked into the council room where he could hear the voices of his new teamates.

SilverFlight SilverFlight

" Uhhh, yes."

Announced a voice dripping with mock-offense from somewhere in the back of the room.
" Who thought it was okay to start without me?"

It was a human female with her brunette hair tied back in a ponytail that would just scrape by on satisfying military regulations. She had a mousy face with lovely features, but her expression was often exaggerated and comical which distracted from any lovely feminine appeal she might have had. Currently, she was dressed in her APEX mission gear, what would have been worn whenever full armor wasn't necessary. It was simple: black leather jacket with a scarf, black cargo pants, and random belts covering her body that stored an assortment of things. Some of them had seemingly no function, while others were just out of place. Like the spoon strapped in where a bullet should have been.

Walking - or more so like strutting- up the ramp as if it was her catwalk, the young woman made her way to the table where she took place amongst the others. It was only then that it became visible that the confident lady in black was a good few inches shorter than any of the other APEX fighters. Had she been a spectator and not in the body, she would have laughed at the sight. One would have thought she was a Krogan Queen the way she had marched in.

Crossing her arms over her chest she gave a friendly little wave with one hand to those around her. " So many new faces." This was her first time in the newly formed squadron. Chances were if they had been APEX that she would have seen some of them around before, but had paid little attention to them. The Nexus was big enough that one could live there their whole life and still see new faces the day before they died, especially with so many people off of the ice.

The moment that sonic pulse cannons were mentioned Kirthos had sighed. This was an extremely dangerous mission, but then again that was the only type that Apex recruits were going to be faced with. Even the easiest of missions for an Apex would have been classified and labeled for rather experienced soldiers. "So do we know why these cannons were taken? Have they been modified to be weapons or could the Khet just be looking for something underground?" Kirthos asked as he examined the others around him. There were more humans on the squad than he anticipated, but it was a nice change of pace compared to cabal training with nothing but Turian biotics.

All eyes turned to the young woman in the doorway, Thatcher turned back without an acknowledgement. Tark grinned and gave her a wink. He shifted over to give her room on the platform.
Tark listened to the turian's question, "You mean besides the fact that they're giant bombs? Kett really like bombs."
Thatcher took the question more seriously: "We don't know how the kett intend to use them, we only know they have the capability of causing a massive amount of damage to Prodromos, and that is if the kett actually want to use them on Eos. The target might not be on the planet. I'm hoping you can shed more light on the 'why' when you stop them."
Thatcher continued the briefing while Tark quietly filled the newcomer in.
"We'll be landing in Prodromos, there you'll be given your gear and a rover to get out to where the equipment was stolen. You'll need to track it, fortunately the boxes were tagged with a chemical that can be traced with a special tracker I've put into the issued omnitools. Radiation levels are still on the high side in some areas so watch where you get our of the vehicle. Keep an eye on the instruments."
"Oh, if you're out there and you remember, please take a sample of the soil for me. The data I get could be invaluable for the agriculture engineers back at the colony." Kiilan was looking at them all brightly.
"Sure, if we're not being shot at for a moment, we'll get you the sample. Priorities: Recover large bombs, get Kiilan some dirt. Easy as..cake. Its cake right?"
"And," Tenara spoke, though she was looking down at something on her omnitool, "Before you all go out to get shot at, I'll need you to come down to the med bay for a full physical."
Tark made a face, but when the turian looked up his expression was innocent.
"If you have any more questions ask them now, otherwise we're headed to Eos five minutes ago."

Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess Oenanthe Oenanthe IrritatedMind IrritatedMind Angelsofblood Angelsofblood Midrick Midrick

((There will be a time skip to Eos in the next post if that's good with people))

His duffel bag, more symbolic of the writer than most things in his life, found the cell that was his room. It was quaint – if quaint were the right word for anything larger than a shoebox.

Hawke hardly looked at the room with anything other than a concerning glance. It was a bloody room, after all. The most he would linger within the area would be for sleeping, writing, and editing; all of which could be accomplished on other parts of the ship.

Scratch that, he thought as the door drifted shut, he would be editing in other places.

Time was credits as they say.

He kept the camera rig attached to his belt and he was not far removed from the echoing sounds of the commanding voice – god bless that gifted tongue – so it was good that he was able to catch the details of this rag-tag band of merry … well, merry something.

The ideal of words, mostly names of crew members – names he was already forgetting – fell to the wayside with each step. He would have to figure out better names for them if they were to become somewhat lodged within his thoughts.

Write something worth reading, or do something worth writing about, a very old scientist and writer had once wrote. And, it made him smile as he already lost sight of several individuals’ names and a new thought froze him in his tracks. An old book that he had read long ago would note it as a “Spidey sense”.

“Giant Bombs…”

He never made it to the briefing room, because he never took another step forward. In his mind, he had too much to do. Turning slowly, he headed back to his room. He had too much writing to begin. Too much to be distracted by simple things like meeting people.

And forgetting names.

Kirthos stayed quiet taking everything in. If that Angara on the team was right, and considering the Angara had plenty of experience with the Khet he most likely was, then the Khet were using the cannons as giant bombs. A small part of him felt like this was shaping up to be like on of the video-games where the heroes are party-wiped during the prologue. The main difference being that in real life a party didn't get miraculously saved and you couldn't load a game up. Why did he even agree to join Apex again, ahh right... Turians were raised to be real big fans of public service and self-sacrifice.

A low rumble sound came from Kirthos' chest at the mention of a physical. He obviously wasn't looking forward to it, at least that was obvious to other Turians, but he would never say anything about not wanting to go out loud. It wasn't like it would be that bad after all, anyone would make a better doctor then the medic back on his old Cabal squad. Shaking his head free of thoughts of the past Kirthos removed his gloves to scratch at his plated skin on a particularly itchy spot. Most Turians kept there talons hid as they were dangerous to some of the softer skined races, but Kirthos prefered to make use of his claws so figured his teammates would most likely adjust.
SilverFlight SilverFlight Angelsofblood Angelsofblood

"Then you're dismissed. Dantan, get this creaking tub into space."
"Yes ma'am." The pilot snapped to attention and turned to carry out the order.
Tark, the physical exam still fresh in his mind looked over to Kirthos in hopes of sharing the mutual feeling of dislike.
"Relax," Came Tenara's two-toned purr of a voice. "I won't bite."
"I'll hold you to that." Tark said dryly, turning back to the holoprojections and turning his thoughts back to the mission.
"I suppose we will figure out the details on the way. Its not like they write how-to books on this stuff. But hey, I bet we're a talented group when we put our heads together. I'm sure we'll manage."
Now that they had their first goal outlined there was little to do but rest, settle in and get to know the ship, as well as the crew.
"So," Tark began, a little unsure if the question he had in mind was inappropriate. "What were you all doing during the uprising?"

Oenanthe Oenanthe IrritatedMind IrritatedMind Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess Midrick Midrick Angelsofblood Angelsofblood ((Angels, it'll be a little hard to interact with Hawke if he isn't around the others))

Ximena stood and listened to the debriefing, halfway paying attention. She only heard,or rather paid attention to, the key details of their mission. There was a bomb, take care of it. Simple enough right? Though in her experience nothing was ever that simple and she was sure this mission wouldn't be either. Then they were given a side mission, collect dirt. It brought Midena to her mind that she would probably want some things back too and she inwardly rolled her eyes. She could already picture it; Midena calling every hour to ask and make sure she was getting new species of plants and whatnot for her to study. She took note of all the people around her and it was apparent that this group of people was going to take some time getting used to. So many different personalities that were already showing. When asked if she had any questions, she looked around the room. It was a pretty straightforward so she didn't. Once the briefing had wrapped up, she began to leave before being told that she needed to report to the med-bay. She cringed a little, hating doctors even when she was a young kid. Her cringe was even stronger when someone from her team began talking. Of course, she would soon have to engage in conversation with these people so she might as well get it over with. "Sleeping."

Kirthos sighed at the doctor's purr and the Angara's reply. Still, there was nothing to really say about it. Then came the Angara's question about the uprising. The Turian didn't speak at first, letting Ximena say that she was sleeping. He didn't know these people and he had no plans to tell them the truth of what he was doing. "I was preoccupied..." He said before his Omni-tool lit up and he decided to ask a question of his own. "Do the Angara play video games?" He asked as he looked at the Angara. It was the first time he really had a chance to ask that to an Angara as the question was one that was too important to bother any of the diplomats on the station.

Tark seemed taken aback at the short, one word answer, not looking terribly convinced of its truth.
"You must be fun at parties." He said flatly. If she wasn't willing to share he couldn't force her. Instead he turned his attention to the Turian's question and looked at him with puzzlement. "I...don't think that's translating very well. Perhaps you could explain them to me, or better yet, show me?"
He began to make his way down to the dorms. So no one was willing to speak about what happened, Tark was beginning to piece together the fact that it may have been worse than what he'd heard.
"Our crew seems...well, I can't really say much about them yet...let's go with...'nice'."
They made their way to the crews quarters and Tark ducked into his room for a moment. The door was left open. He smiled to himself as he looked about the tiny quarters.
"Just like back home. Haven't thought about that place in a while."

The trip to Eos was a short one. Tark looked out of the window of the Kodiak shuttle as it pulled onto the landing pad within Prodromos.
"Its...sandy." Tark said with disappointment, "and I'll bet it's hot too."
He was not in the best of moods after the physical Ketara had promised, and delivered. He shouldn't have made the joke about being asked to remove his clothes, he had a feeling she knew how to make an injection site hurt for days if she wanted to.
"One good rule to remember," he said, massaging his arm gingerly. "Don't tease the doctor."
The shuttle set down with an audible 'thunk' and the door opened.
They were in full gear now, favoured weapons in holsters on their backs. Tark stretched high as he stepped down onto the metal flooring.
The ship's operational crew had remained on board, Thatcher included. Instead she was monitoring an open channel they were expected to keep throughout the mission.
A figure approached the team, dark in colour, with a friendly but professional expression.
"August Bradley. Good to meet you. I hear you can take care of our little 'lost and found' problem."

IrritatedMind IrritatedMind Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess Angelsofblood Angelsofblood Midrick Midrick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back