• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Masquerade

AlmighTy

Two Thousand Club
14uup80.jpg

Sebastian Stood In The Back With A Drink In His Hand He Knew This Would Be A Long Night. Sebastian Hated Surprises "What If She's Ugly I Can't Love An Ugly Woman ." He Took Another Drink Then He Started Smiling . He Adjusted His Mask And Walked The Towards The Dance Floor . He Had On All Black His Suit And His Mask.

Last edited by a moderator:
The last time Viksha had veiled her face, it had been a funeral. This one was lighter and gauzier, not to mention purple to match the dupatta trailing down her back, but it still made the occasion seem somehow somber. Which, she supposed, it was. This ballroom was the temple in which she would sacrifice her freedom for the freedom of her people. A small offering, for what they were getting. A chance to meet the world again, to be the extended family of royalty!

To the Apsarasa, everyone was family. They did not separate in terms of siblings and cousins and acquaintances, but instead every Apsara was the kin of all other Apsarasa. When one of the princes wed her, they gained her whole race as family-in-law. A small grin played at her features as she imagined dozens of cousins showing up, asking to spend the next few nights. They would show up, she hoped. For generations they had secluded themselves from the world. Well, no more! Tonight would change everything.

Noticing one of the princes, Sebastian of the werewolves if she recalled correctly, Viksha nearly glided across to him. To suit the foreign style there was a small eyemask atop the veil, but it was a formality. She was the only Apsara in the room; there would be no hiding her identity. "This is a ball, is it not?" She asked, her voice rich and carefully measured, every word a song. "And balls are meant for aught but dancing. Humor me and honor me both with the first?" She extended her hand in invitation, wrists jangling with bracelets but fingers untouched by rings.

Sebastian Smiles "It Would Be My Honor . " He Bowed And Grabbed Her Hand "I Know We Aren't Suppose To Show Our Faces But I'm Curious Who Are You.?"

Nova glided into the room, her eyes growing wide behind her mask in surprise. This ballroom was truly huge. Oh and so lavishly decorated.

"Wow..." She said softly, looking around as a smile came to her face. This was truly something special. Nova then looked around, taking note of the amount of people and reminding herself not to get caught up and drowned in the crowd of them. Though there was no reason to say that. She knew she would be stuck in there regardless.

She herself wasn't a princess. Oh no, she was certainly far from that. No, she wasn't your regular commoner. She was simply part of a family who were Lords and Ladies. They didn't have power like the others did but they had enough and certainly enough power for her to be one of the chosen. She noticed the girl she'd seen earlier, going towards one of the princes and internally called for her to have good luck. Though they all needed it. She hoped her chosen prince would be kind. If he wasn't then she wasn't sure what would happen if they were to marry. It certainly wouldn't be a good marriage and she could already see the infidelity that would most likely happen.

Shuddering at the thought, Nova quickly dismissed it from her thoughts as she walked around the ballroom, greeting others and starting conversations. All the while her eyes roamed the room, wondering what would happen.

The young woman grinned, and while it was hidden behind her veil, her eyes creased visibly through the holes in her mask. "Forbidden faces do not deter me from the knowledge of names," She replied, enjoying the repetition. This language was courser than hers, but pretty enough in its own right. "Mine is Viksha of the Apsarasa. Your kind call us muses. Enlighten me with yours?"

And just like that they were on the dance floor proper and the music began. She was just learning their dances, but like most of her kind was a quick study at most artistic endeavors and managed to get almost all of the steps right, though she swayed her hips a bit much and silently wished for the stamping, twirling, exciting dances she had grown up with. Right then and there Viksha resolved that, when she became a queen, her court would be far less dull.

Sebastian Smiled "I Am Prince Sebastian Sakura , Eldest Son Of The Wolf Tribe." He Almost Tripped "Sorry I'm Not Much Of a Dancer I Came For The Drinks." He Spinned Her He Looked at Her Eyes And Stopped Staring At His Feet . Sebastian Tried To Hold In His Laugh But He Couldn't He Started Chuckling .

"And they say wolves are graceful creatures," She teased him, but there was warmth to her tone and eyes that took the sting from her words. "I do hope my dancing isn't keeping you from the champagne?" Her eyes wandered to the refreshment table and further, and rested for a moment on a young woman who looked vaguely familiar. Nova, perhaps? They hadn't been introduced, but Viksha almost never forgot a name. Put a math problem in front of her and she'd only give it a blank stare, but words stuck in her mind like moths in a clever spider's web. Perhaps after the dance she would go over and make her acquaintance; future queens ought to know each other.

"I Wasn't Laughing Because I'm A Little Drunk." He Cleared His Throat "I'm Laughing Because I'm Lucky I Got To Dance With The Most Beautiful Maiden In The Room." He Let Go Of Her Hand And Bowed "Thank You." And Started To Walk Away

"You're a charming liar, prince Sebastian," The Apsara accused him facetiously, giving him a graceful curtsy before she also turned to leave, her attentions directed on the refreshment table. A flute of that champagne might do her some good as well, and would give her the opportunity to scope out the other attendees.

Sebastian Stood Looking Out The Window . "Man It's A Great Night ." He Turned To A Host And Grabbed Another Drink ."What Was That Nine Or Ten.?" He Looked In the Wine Glass "Marrying A Woman I Barely Know." He Laughed Then Grabbed Three Drinks . " After He Drunk Them He Scratched His Hair "Much Stress." As Soon As He Turned Around A Man Stepped On His She Sebastian Turned Red And His Claws Came Out . The Man Fell To His Knees And Begged For Forgiveness . Sebastian Had A Reputation For Getting Rid Of Staff His Made Him Angry . But Sebastian Smiled And Said "Stand I Am Not Hurt Everything Is Okay." His Claws Went Away And He Walked Outside .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back