System/Mechanics Masks A New Generation via Play By Post here on RPN?

Eonivar

Looking for Hope and Inspiration
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hi there, I am considering running a game of Masks A New Generation on Dice here on RPN, and I was wondering if the game works well on a play by post as well as any suggestions on how to play it on a play by post format. (I am also considering running an Urban Shadows 2e game.)

Masks is my favorite TTRPG of all time, I have played and GMed many games of Masks but I am wondering how well it actually plays in a play by post and if there are any caveats or problems with it, or is there are anything that we need to modify to make it play well on a play by post format.

One thing I have thought about much is that there is a LOT of back and forth, the game is indeed a conversation, particularly when it comes to rolls and moves and I am concerned that the high level of interaction the system requires would be a detriment in affecting the flow of play on a play by post.

I have played in a couple of Avatar Legends games (which use a related Powered By the Apocalypse system) here and it seemed to me that the system did not fit very well in a play by post format. And it may have been more of inexperience with the system, but I am not so sure.

So I would love to hear any other thoughts or concerns on this from those that may have played it or maybe any other powered by the apocalypse (PBtA) games here on RPN.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back