Martial Arts and who can learn what

Darkon

Ok, so here's the deal, IIRC, there are basically 3 levels of supernatural (for lack of a better term atm) martial arts similiar to circles of sorcery, only these are Terrestrial, Celestial, and Sidereal. I know that Immaculate Order Dragonblooded can be trained to learn Celestial level Martial Arts, which is what the Immaculate Order martial arts are. And that Solars can even learn Sidereal Martial Arts provided they have a tutor.

My question is this, IIRC mortals (IO monks in particular) can learn Terrestrial Style martial arts provided they have a tutor and have unlocked their own Essence. My problem is this, I've got a ton of books, and I cannot find where the rules are that govern these issues. I would have thought that it was in the Dragon Blooded book or Players Guide, but I seem to be overlooking it. Can someone please point me in the right direction here, and correct me if I'm wrong on any of these points above? Thanks.

Ah, my young padwan, you can find this information in the Player's Guide on the following pages; 234 - 235

Haku said:
Ah, my young padwan, you can find this information in the Player's Guide on the following pages; 234 - 235
Sorry, but you're going to hate me for this, and yes, its a bit retentive:

You missed an a from padawan.

Once again, Sifu, I apologise and promise to punish myself in a most horrible manner :wink:

~FC.

Thanks for the info oh master Haku. There was one other question I had pertaining to the mortals learning the Terrestrial style martial arts. I had thought that I'd read somewhere (possibly errata) that the mortals could not progress beyond the form charm. But in the PG, it doesn't state this. Can a mortal advance beyond the form charm and learn the entire charm tree?

Thanks for the info oh master Haku. There was one other question I had pertaining to the mortals learning the Terrestrial style martial arts. I had thought that I'd read somewhere (possibly errata) that the mortals could not progress beyond the form charm. But in the PG' date=' it doesn't state this. Can a mortal advance beyond the form charm and learn the entire charm tree?[/quote']
I have never seen this rule. The closest I have ever seen to is only relevent to Sidereal Martial Arts.

I do not pay a huge amount of attention to mortal "powers" though, so I might be lacking on this one.

I don't believe there is any such limitations... The only thing I can think of for not going pass form charms would be ghosts that were originally abyssals, and that's for celestial styles.

Joseph said:
Thanks for the info oh master Haku.  There was one other question I had pertaining to the mortals learning the Terrestrial style martial arts.  I had thought that I'd read somewhere (possibly errata) that the mortals could not progress beyond the form charm.  But in the PG' date=' it doesn't state this.  Can a mortal advance beyond the form charm and learn the entire charm tree?[/quote']
I have never seen this rule.  The closest I have ever seen to is only relevent to Sidereal Martial Arts.

I do not pay a huge amount of attention to mortal "powers" though, so I might be lacking on this one.
Since mortals are limited to Essence 3 many Martial Arts Charms will be beyond their reach. Otherwise a mortal can advance as far into Terrestrial Martial Arts as their stats will allow.

I do know that Abyssals who become ghosts are limited to the form Charms of Celestial martial arts...this is the one exception I can think of. Ordinary ghosts are limited to Terrestrial Charms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back